• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Forgot My Key Pampered Chef Piece!

In summary, the conversation revolved around the topic of forgetting key pieces or tools for a Pampered Chef show. Many people shared their experiences of forgetting items such as trifle bowls, cutting boards, and even paperwork bags. Some were able to find solutions, such as using aluminum foil or borrowing items from the host, while others learned to always make a checklist before packing. One person even shared a creative solution of using a stoneware fluted pan with a round flat stone as a makeshift lid for a forgotten Deep Covered Baker. Overall, the conversation showed that forgetting items is a common occurrence and it is important to be prepared and think on your feet in these situations.
gailz2
Gold Member
I did a show Sat. 1/2 hour away from home and as I unpacked, I realized I forgot my trifle bowl, which we were making a trifle in for the show! I didn't have time to go back, and DH was gone reffing a game, host didn't have one and neighbor had an off brand one.

So, people arrived and after my intro I had them turn to Page 7 and I went on about how wonderful our trifle bowl was, etc. Then I said, "I want you to use your imagination that this large clear bowl of Brenda's is a PC trifle bowl, you'll notice however that the ingredients slide down to the middle unlike ours....." etc. I was so embarrassed but found a decent way around it.

Has anyone else forgotten a key piece?

Never a key piece, but I have forgotten cutting boards before. Now, before every show, I make a list of everything I'm going to bring and check it off after I pack it.

so far i have managed to avoid it!

i usually forget pieces that are not listed in the recipe but would help a lot, like an extra cutting board or serving spoon or plate. i always feel awkward asking the host if i can borrow something.

I have almost forgotten the Trifle Bowl too! And once I forgot the brownies I made for the trifle (after telling the host that I bring the brownies!). Good thing I remembered before I got too far.

Once I forgot the Lid to the 12" Skillet and I was making Skillet Lasagna. I used a piece of Aluminum foil instead. Though in that case, it wasn't noticeable to the guests. I was more concerned on how to do the recipe without a lid - until I thought of using foil!

I always print the recipes I am demoing and use that as my guide. But there are several items I bring no matter what (cutting boards, food chopper , microplane, scoops, etc.) These are the types of items I need to make a list for!

I forgot my large bar pan for Aloha Pizza. I was 35 minutes away from home. Luckily the host it was booked off of lived in the same town and I knew she had the bar pan so I ran to her house and grabbed it.

I once forgot my tool turnabout with all my tools in it. I was one hour away from home so there was no way to go get it. The host had a skinny scraper and one our knives, but I ended up having to use some of her non-PC tools. It showed her that some of her tools weren't very good. I made it through the recipe ok and the guests had a good time. So now I make sure I have my tool turnabout before I leave for every show.

At least I'm not the only one. The host did purchase the Trifle Bowl and I told everyone at least she'd have one the next time I can to do a show for her. People were very understanding.

I've been moving my PC show stuff down to our unused apartment and was still in transition with that, so forgot to grab the trifle bowl. Hopefully, never again.:D

One key thing is I keep all of my products in my car at all times that way I usually don't have to worry about it. The bar pan happened because I did a booth the day before and brought a smaller piece of stoneware due to table space and forgot to grab it out of my office the next day.

leftymac said:
Never a key piece, but I have forgotten cutting boards before. Now, before every show, I make a list of everything I'm going to bring and check it off after I pack it.

I forgot my cutting board once too. I was using the UM that night and I chopped everything on top of it.

:eek:I've forgotten my TTA, and other various products many times, but the worst time was when I forgot my paperwork bag with all of my catalogs and order forms. :eek:

I had 2 catalogs, the host had 3 catalogs, - and outside order forms, so we made copies of those, and shared catalogs.

I went to observe my director one night, who has been doing this for nine years, and she forgot her DCB- and she was doing the pork tenderloin!! She never let if phase her... she just put it in a stoneware fluted pan and put a round flat stone on for a lid!!!! It worked great, no one knew the difference, and it really taught me to be able to think on my feet. we are not perfect. just pampered.

gailz2 said:
I did a show Sat. 1/2 hour away from home and as I unpacked, I realized I forgot my trifle bowl, which we were making a trifle in for the show! I didn't have time to go back, and DH was gone reffing a game, host didn't have one and neighbor had an off brand one.

So, people arrived and after my intro I had them turn to Page 7 and I went on about how wonderful our trifle bowl was, etc. Then I said, "I want you to use your imagination that this large clear bowl of Brenda's is a PC trifle bowl, you'll notice however that the ingredients slide down to the middle unlike ours....." etc. I was so embarrassed but found a decent way around it.

Has anyone else forgotten a key piece?

Awesome job making it work for you though!! :)

ChefBeckyD said:
:eek:I've forgotten my TTA, and other various products many times, but the worst time was when I forgot my paperwork bag with all of my catalogs and order forms. :eek:

I had 2 catalogs, the host had 3 catalogs, - and outside order forms, so we made copies of those, and shared catalogs.

Oh yes, I did forget my catalog bag once but luckily it was in town. DH wasn't too excite about having to bring them to me but I would have been lost with out it.

I forgot my my bar pan once for making brownies and we had to use a glass pan the host had - it made for a good "see this wouldn't have happened in a stone" talk.

As for screwing up recipes - I left the apples out of the Apple Nut Ring................no one noticed...or if they did they were too nice to say anything and I didn't realize until I was putting things away ang got to the APCS.

I forgot my stone...but my DH came to my rescue...5 minutes before the show!

Another time I forgot it...he wasn't home. We used the host's airbake sheet. Not good. Luckily there was a customer to kept saying if she cooked it on the stone it wouldn't be like this...10 orders that night for the Large Bar Pan. Love those customers!

I can't see keeping my stuff in my car, I love to use it at my house and with only 2 years down, I can't afford duplicates of everything. I do need to start making a list, i guess.

gailz2 said:
I can't see keeping my stuff in my car, I love to use it at my house and with only 2 years down, I can't afford duplicates of everything. I do need to start making a list, i guess.

I have only been in the business for 2 years but have plenty of duplicates to be able to keep it all in my car. That way the only thing I need to change out if paperwork stuff. At the beginning of the season I figure 4-6 recipes that I will do all season and then make a list of products to cover all those recipes. That's what I pack plus a couple other items. Alot of the duplicates I have come from doing my own shows. I have a current catalog at home that is marked with three colors. First is stuff I own, second is stuff I want and third is stuff I own but want duplicates of. That way if I ever have a catalog show I know exactly what I need to purchase to help out. There are a few items that I either do without since it's in my car or that I will go out and get if I need it.

ChefBeckyD said:

done that too! And DPDS, and products more times than I want to admit.

But the worst? Leaving products at the hosts house! Once (recently) I left my power cord for my laptop. The show was an hour away too! bummer to go get that!:grumpy:

amy07 said:
done that too! And DPDS, and products more times than I want to admit.

But the worst? Leaving products at the hosts house! Once (recently) I left my power cord for my laptop. The show was an hour away too! bummer to go get that!:grumpy:

Ummm, I've done that too! It was about 45 minutes away for me!:grumpy:

I sorta have a reputation of leaving things at hosts homes.:eek: I've made it clear to my hosts that I don't want to use their products because they very well could end up going home with me too. :eek::eek:

What I hate is when you leave it and they don't ever give it back. like a hostess that is a self-proclaimed "stoneware-hater" and I left the large rack there...never got that back but about 4 shows later, she bought a stone to fit it (like I wouldn't notice).
Or when you leave something and the hostess has it too, but she has had hers for MUCH longer and it shows and she gives you her old one instead of the one that actually belongs to you. (just happened last week... my A-cup...aka skinny scraper)

wadesgirl said:
One key thing is I keep all of my products in my car at all times that way I usually don't have to worry about it. The bar pan happened because I did a booth the day before and brought a smaller piece of stoneware due to table space and forgot to grab it out of my office the next day.

Oh my! I couldn't do that or I'd have nothing PC left! The way I drive it would all be broken :eek: I wonder if our guarantee would cover my products then? ;):D

What should I do if I forgot my key Pampered Chef piece?

If you have forgotten your key Pampered Chef piece, don't worry! There are a few options you can try to access your product.

Can I order a replacement key for my Pampered Chef piece?

Yes, you can order a replacement key for your Pampered Chef piece. Simply contact our customer service team and they will assist you in ordering a new key.

How long does it take to receive a replacement key?

The time it takes to receive a replacement key will depend on your location and shipping method. Our customer service team can provide you with an estimated delivery date when you place your order.

Is there a cost for a replacement key?

Yes, there is a small fee for a replacement key. The cost may vary depending on the type of Pampered Chef piece and the key needed. Our customer service team can provide you with the exact cost when you place your order.

Can I use a generic key for my Pampered Chef piece?

No, we do not recommend using a generic key for your Pampered Chef piece. Each key is specifically designed for a certain product and using a generic key may damage your item. It is best to order a replacement key from us to ensure proper use and functionality.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• ShelbyMichalek
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
ShelbyMichalek
Replies
Views
pampchefsarah
Replies
Views
sharalam