• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Did You Catch the News About Shipping Charges Increasing?

In summary, the Consultant News listed a 25 cent increase in shipping rates for the September 1st order forms.
AmyDare
Did anyone notice that in the small print on the last page of the Consultant News they handed out?
I'm surprised they didn't make a verbal announcement. I know it's only 25 cents, but it affects every aspect of shipping, from show shipping to supplies and samples.
Also will affect all order forms--so none of the ones that are left over on Sept. 1 will be usable.

I still have some that say $4.00, and I cross that out, so I'm sure I'll be doing the same with the $4.25 ones, too.

It is frustrating, but in the end it's only $0.25.

I'm surprised they didn't make an announcement, too. Not surprised about the increase though.

Shipping was $3.75 when I started 5 years ago. Each time it has been increased, it was never announced. Except maybe once when the gas prices were really high.

Yes, I remember it was actually announced when it went up to $4.25. And from what I remember, it didn't go over very well. Conference is a place for happy news, so I think it's better not to dwell on the things that will bum people out.

NooraK said:
Yes, I remember it was actually announced when it went up to $4.25. And from what I remember, it didn't go over very well. Conference is a place for happy news, so I think it's better not to dwell on the things that will bum people out.

Dumb question...if it isn't announced, where would we see it/how would we know?

I know it would be on the new 3 part order forms (do we get any in the CO kit - or do they come with our supply order?) Anyway, my point is that I would not necessarily notice it on the new 3 part forms (as I would not have thought to look for it). I still have some 3 part forms that I am using from this season and I would have normally just stuck the new ones behind the current ones.

And, yes, I would probably notice it when I entered my first show into P3 and the new rate would appear...but that would be after I collected the money.

There is absolutely no reason for shipping to increase. They raised the price because the cost of gas was over $4 a gallon. Hello??? The gas is now under $3. So what excuse do they have now?

PamperedchefDaly said:
There is absolutely no reason for shipping to increase. They raised the price because the cost of gas was over $4 a gallon. Hello??? The gas is now under $3. So what excuse do they have now?

Um, probably because Fed-Ex raised their prices.

no complaints here!
when I started shipping was $2.25 that was 16 years go. I am very HAPPY with a 25 cent increase. I was just praying it wouldn't go to a percentage of product like most direct sellers.

Keep in mind that we do still have the LOWEST shipping prices in direct sales companies. Many companies charge 10% of the order amount - that can add up. So I don't see it as a big deal - it's only 25 cents. Stay positive - we still work for the best direct sales company around.

Hey Suz,

I was just thinking the same thing!

Hope your ride home went well last night.

It was verbally announced when gas prices were so high. They basically made it clear that there were other things that they could have done, but they were eating most of the cost. I, too, wish that they would make it clear. We shouldn't have to read the fine print. I'm not upset about it, and I think we're all grown ups and would have understood.

PamperedchefDaly said:

Explain that to the US Postal Service. It was inevitable. More so, how about a full page of price increases in the CN along with the WHOPPING $16 increase on the DCB. Now that's something to talk about.

The Stainless Mixing Bowls went up $10 as well! Hated that but you know, everything is still increasing and our prices are still very reasonable for the quality we have!

Frankly, I don't even intend to tell my customers about any increase that's $1 or less, which is the vast majority of them.

Right on Rae. Everyone one of my guests has never bulked at the increases in price. They actually realize that it is going to happen. I mean seriously, Even Wal-Mart raises prices once in a while! As for shipping, well, the increase is still far less than it could be and we all know that too is inevitable. At least it is only a quarter! What with the economy the way it is, I was actually surprised it wasn't more as that is the only way companies, I.E. The Post office, offsets its growing expenses or loss of business. We will be paying more postage for less service with them!

When the prices increase on products that is a small COL increase for you too because you will make more on that product.

Good point trps! And I certainly do not mind that! A raise so to speak!

TWENTY-FIVE CENTS?!?! That's it. I quit! I can't believe they would DARE raise shipping such an astronomical amount! Who do they think they are???? My customers will feel shafted and I can't bear to tell them this news. For the love of all that is holy! Kidding. Seriously, it's hardly a big deal and you don't even need to mention it to people. On your first show in September, all you gotta do is say it's $4.50. They won't know it was $4.25 a few days ago. Got extra paperwork? Oops, guess you're out $5. That's why they throw in a free pack of three-ply receipts with your first supply order of the season Point is, we will survive. Our customers will survive. Most won't even know.

trps said:
When the prices increase on products that is a small COL increase for you too because you will make more on that product.

Oooh, I love the way you think.

The only reason I wish they had made a verbal announcement is b/c it's a small print kind of thing. If someone I was sitting with at the airport hadn't notice it, I don't know when I would have seen it. I've gotten so used to not getting my regular CN until after mid-month that I don't read all of it anymore so am not sure when I will finish plowing through the SE CN. Wanna bet there are tons of consultants that are still charging guests $4.25 when the new season starts and call HO all in a tizzy?

Becca_in_MD said:

The only reason I wish they had made a verbal announcement is b/c it's a small print kind of thing. If someone I was sitting with at the airport hadn't notice it, I don't know when I would have seen it. I've gotten so used to not getting my regular CN until after mid-month that I don't read all of it anymore so am not sure when I will finish plowing through the SE CN. Wanna bet there are tons of consultants that are still charging guests $4.25 when the new season starts and call HO all in a tizzy?

I bet you're right, but it would be their fault. The Special Edition Consultant News comes in our changeover pack, in plenty of time for the new season. Plus, I'm sure they will send out a PC newswire about the increase. The company always does a good job of informing us of changes. Not everyone does a good job of doing their part by absorbing the info.

Becca_in_MD said:

If you take your laptop to shows, your customers will automatically be charged the correct amount. :)

I was in a workshop where they asked how many were doing this, and I would say that at least 2/3 of the group raised their hands.

pampered1224 said:
Right on Rae. Everyone one of my guests has never bulked at the increases in price. They actually realize that it is going to happen. I mean seriously, Even Wal-Mart raises prices once in a while! As for shipping, well, the increase is still far less than it could be and we all know that too is inevitable. At least it is only a quarter! What with the economy the way it is, I was actually surprised it wasn't more as that is the only way companies, I.E. The Post office, offsets its growing expenses or loss of business. We will be paying more postage for less service with them!

And Walmart makes a big deal about lowering their prices, just to raise them a few weeks later to even higher than before the price cut.

The increases are minimal - even the DCB. Think about it we sold so many even at full price at $69 that they had to make it host only. Obviously they were underpriced.

Personally, I wish they'd do the shipping on a %. That would stop the combining of orders and people who order just a little would pay less for their shipping. Maybe they could set a maximum of, say $10, if shipped to the host for those who buy a lot. There a lot of ways they could do it but for now this is what we have and it's better than most DS companies.

Honestly I never see a problem with combined orders. BECAUSE I INFORM THEM OF THE RAMIFICATIONS!!! If they have an issue of a return and it is not in their name, I tell them that they need the receipt so they need to get a hold of whomever had their name on the order, get the receipt and use the phone number on the back of it to make the exchange. I know that is not good customer service but I warned them ahead of time and personally, it is more work than it is worth.

Melissa78 said:
More so, how about a full page of price increases in the CN

Most of them are 50 cents to $1.00--barely worth getting upset about or mentioning to customers.

pampered1224 said:
Honestly I never see a problem with combined orders. BECAUSE I INFORM THEM OF THE RAMIFICATIONS!!! If they have an issue of a return and it is not in their name, I tell them that they need the receipt so they need to get a hold of whomever had their name on the order, get the receipt and use the phone number on the back of it to make the exchange. I know that is not good customer service but I warned them ahead of time and personally, it is more work than it is worth.

I agree! But I do feel badly about the person who orders one item and pays for shipping. I just had a catalog show where one person ordered a Mix N Chop and that was it, but she still had to pay the full shipping charge.

I agree that the price changes are minimal. We have to remember that this is a business and I am sure that The Pampered Chef is not raising prices to increase profits but to cover expenses and retain a profit.

Deb - in that instance would you suggest then to combine with someone? I think I would as that particular product is virtually indestructible so I think no matter what, the product would out live the warranty. I think I would only if the customer complained and we could find some one to combine it with. Then split the shipping at least. The criteria I think I would adhere to would be what the product is that is ordered and the warranty.

pampered1224 said:
Deb - in that instance would you suggest then to combine with someone? I think I would as that particular product is virtually indestructible so I think no matter what, the product would out live the warranty. I think I would only if the customer complained and we could find some one to combine it with. Then split the shipping at least. The criteria I think I would adhere to would be what the product is that is ordered and the warranty.

It was a catalog show, with no info from the guest, so I just let it go. At a show where I meet the person face to face, I do suggest they combine with a friend.

I ordered something online and spent nearly an equal amount on standard shipping. I never, ever have trouble about shipping from people who routinely order online or from catalogs. If someone orders a pair of Citrus Peelers or a single Mini Serving Spatula I'll suggest they put it with another order. Otherwise, I think our shipping's a very good deal.

raebates said:
I ordered something online and spent nearly an equal amount on standard shipping. I never, ever have trouble about shipping from people who routinely order online or from catalogs. If someone orders a pair of Citrus Peelers or a single Mini Serving Spatula I'll suggest they put it with another order. Otherwise, I think our shipping's a very good deal.

You're so right, Rae! Our shipping is a FANTASTIC deal. I love shopping online (time saver to me) and just spent $10 shipping to ship $25 worth of items to me. To me, time is money so I don't balk at shipping costs.

It's not a big deal unless we make it one.

Okay folks - for Alaska orders, our customers pay 15% + $2 for party orders. But we also get our items in 2 business days and don't pay tax - still a great deal considering I've hosted a show with another company and paid 25% shipping - as the host!

Yep, we still beat everyone else I think!!!

Yeah, in 5 years.. its only gone up $1.25 I think.. that's not bad at all.

pcchefjane said:
The Stainless Mixing Bowls went up $10 as well! Hated that but you know, everything is still increasing and our prices are still very reasonable for the quality we have!

Not to mention the cost of the baker increased $15!
No announcement on that one! I do think/wish they would have addressed the baker issue a bit. The increase on shipping is inevitable. A quarter is hardly worth getting bent out of shape and people will just continue to combine orders with that like they do now.

chefsteph07 said:
......and people will just continue to combine orders with that like they do now.

so true! lol :rolleyes:

trps said:
A great way of looking at the price increases in a positive way!!! :)

ChefBeckyD said:
If you take your laptop to shows, your customers will automatically be charged the correct amount. :)

I was in a workshop where they asked how many were doing this, and I would say that at least 2/3 of the group raised their hands.
I am a new consultant and I began taking my laptop with me after only a few shows. It is faster, more accurate, and gives me more time to chat with the customer about PC!

Last christmas The Container Store had this really cute skin for a Blackberry that was dots. I though I have to have that but didn't order it. I got a sale cattie after christmas and it was $4.95 so I thought I will order that. The shipping was going to be $8.95! uh, NO.
I think our shipping is a bargain unless someone orders a small serving spatula (if they want a citrus peeler I will sell them one out of my door prizes) but most of our guests are savvy enough to combine their orders-and I also explain the warranty issues with that choice!

UGH! I do hate the combined orders though and now I remember why! I went to close out my 16th's party this a.m. The host had given me 3 orders over the phone Monday so she could do her shopping. What I did not know was the SHE combined 9 orders in to 3 so she could collect the 6 FREE RUBS!!! Not the guests but her! (Not that I do not think that is not smart but hey!) So I am sitting there trying to figure out what each person owed. The numbers never came out the same twice so I finally had it and told her I had to charge HAVE ONE person pay the shipping and the rest would fall into place. So I did each of the main orders with S&H. Then I added the littler orders, subtracted the old total with shipping from the new total and charged the next person on the order that amount. Too over an hour! All I thought I was going to do was the host order and pick up hers and three checks! Yipes! I have a dozen checks! Luckily though, not one of the products is something I am going to worry about warranty wise. OH and it all started when three of the people ordering on those complained about the S&H Cost! I just looked at Mary and asked what she thought. She said, I thought they were nuts but it worked to my advantage! Oh and she is an ex-consultant! About 15 years back but she worked it!

You guys do have great shipping rates! In Alaska, even though it could come USPS for the same price as anywhere else, we get charged 15% +$2. It gets very expensive. I am so glad they didn't raise that!

pampered1224 said:
UGH! I do hate the combined orders though and now I remember why! I went to close out my 16th's party this a.m. The host had given me 3 orders over the phone Monday so she could do her shopping. What I did not know was the SHE combined 9 orders in to 3 so she could collect the 6 FREE RUBS!!! Not the guests but her! (Not that I do not think that is not smart but hey!) So I am sitting there trying to figure out what each person owed. The numbers never came out the same twice so I finally had it and told her I had to charge HAVE ONE person pay the shipping and the rest would fall into place. So I did each of the main orders with S&H. Then I added the littler orders, subtracted the old total with shipping from the new total and charged the next person on the order that amount. Too over an hour! All I thought I was going to do was the host order and pick up hers and three checks! Yipes! I have a dozen checks! Luckily though, not one of the products is something I am going to worry about warranty wise. OH and it all started when three of the people ordering on those complained about the S&H Cost! I just looked at Mary and asked what she thought. She said, I thought they were nuts but it worked to my advantage! Oh and she is an ex-consultant! About 15 years back but she worked it!

John, don't let your host make you work so hard. If they combine orders let THEM decide who owes what - either the guests or the host but don't spend your time on it!

If I have a guest who wants a $5 item I'll suggest combining it with a friend's order and the $5 guest pays $1 shipping. If I get an order form with more than one order and they ask how much each owes I put the first one's in and give her that total (which includes the shipping), then when the other order is entered I give the final total. The second person pays the difference + whatever THEY decide on the shipping and shipping tax. I try to avoid that though. Most who combine just bring it to me - they've already figured it out.

BethCooks4U said:
John, don't let your host make you work so hard. If they combine orders let THEM decide who owes what - either the guests or the host but don't spend your time on it!

If I have a guest who wants a $5 item I'll suggest combining it with a friend's order and the $5 guest pays $1 shipping. If I get an order form with more than one order and they ask how much each owes I put the first one's in and give her that total (which includes the shipping), then when the other order is entered I give the final total. The second person pays the difference + whatever THEY decide on the shipping and shipping tax. I try to avoid that though. Most who combine just bring it to me - they've already figured it out.

Totally AGREE!

Whenever I have multiple people on one order, (and they'll even bring it to me with everyone's name or initials next to what they are ordering...) I tell them I can figure out one total and they'll get one receipt, and they'll have to figure out who owes what. Almost always, they'll end up having one person write the check or use the card, and they all pay that person.

Just tell her you'll give her the totals for the 3 orders, and she can let each person know what they owe her.

leftymac said:
Got extra paperwork? Oops, guess you're out $5. That's why they throw in a free pack of three-ply receipts with your first supply order of the season

I wouldn't throw the receipts out though. I keep them for fairs/booths. I just about ALWAYS end up doing direct shipping. Though I do tend to run a special where I pick up the difference, I can easily write over the shipping amount and they don't even notice, esp since they are saving on the direct shipping anyway.

BethCooks4U said:

AGREED! When people want to combine, I ask for one order and one payment and they have to figure out the rest.

Premier Jewelry just had their national conference and are introducting their fall line. I am doing a party for a friend of mine and while looking through the host pack she gave me last night, I noticed their shipping went from $2.50 to $4.00. That makes our twenty five cents look pretty good.

taterbug said:
Premier Jewelry just had their national conference and are introducting their fall line. I am doing a party for a friend of mine and while looking through the host pack she gave me last night, I noticed their shipping went from $2.50 to $4.00. That makes our twenty five cents look pretty good.

Park Lane's is over $5 and they call it "insurance" but it does include delivery to the guest's home so not too bad. When you have a need to return/exchange with them you have to pay $5 and pay to ship it back to them.

ChefBeckyD said:
Whenever I have multiple people on one order, (and they'll even bring it to me with everyone's name or initials next to what they are ordering...) I tell them I can figure out one total and they'll get one receipt, and they'll have to figure out who owes what. Almost always, they'll end up having one person write the check or use the card, and they all pay that person.

I do the exact same thing - let them do the work if they want to save a dollar or two.... :D

BethCooks4U said:
Park Lane's is over $5 and they call it "insurance" but it does include delivery to the guest's home so not too bad. When you have a need to return/exchange with them you have to pay $5 and pay to ship it back to them.

Lia Sophia is similar. I had a very bad experience with them in this regard recently.

DebbieJ said:
Lia Sophia is similar. I had a very bad experience with them in this regard recently.

Me too. In fact, I've had such problems that I will never order LS again. Not sure how to tell my friends who sell it that their product is crap....:eek:

Lifetime warranty - and I had 4 pieces of jewelry that broke, tarnished or turned green(pretty much everything LS I've bought has ended up that way) but was told I had to pay $20 plus shipping to return the 4 pieces - even if I returned them all together.

I threw the junk away, and I'll make sure I buy QUALITY jewelry from now on.

The thing is, I RARELY wear jewelry - only for shows, and special occasions, so none of these pieces had seen a lot of wear and tear. :grumpy:

<h2>1. What is the news about shipping charges increasing?</h2><p>The news is that shipping charges for Pampered Chef products will be increasing by 25 cents. This affects all aspects of shipping, including show shipping, supplies, and samples.</p><h2>2. Was this increase mentioned in the Consultant News?</h2><p>Yes, the increase was mentioned in the small print on the last page of the Consultant News that was handed out. It was not verbally announced.</p><h2>3. How will this increase affect shipping for shows?</h2><p>The increase will affect show shipping costs, as the 25 cent increase will be added to the total shipping cost for each show order.</p><h2>4. Will the increase also affect order forms?</h2><p>Yes, the increase will affect all order forms. Any order forms that are left over after September 1st will no longer be usable, as they will not reflect the new shipping charges.</p><h2>5. Is the 25 cent increase significant?</h2><p>While 25 cents may seem like a small amount, it will have an impact on all aspects of shipping for Pampered Chef products. This increase will affect all orders and can add up over time.</p>

1. What is the news about shipping charges increasing?

The news is that shipping charges for Pampered Chef products will be increasing by 25 cents. This affects all aspects of shipping, including show shipping, supplies, and samples.

2. Was this increase mentioned in the Consultant News?

Yes, the increase was mentioned in the small print on the last page of the Consultant News that was handed out. It was not verbally announced.

3. How will this increase affect shipping for shows?

The increase will affect show shipping costs, as the 25 cent increase will be added to the total shipping cost for each show order.

4. Will the increase also affect order forms?

Yes, the increase will affect all order forms. Any order forms that are left over after September 1st will no longer be usable, as they will not reflect the new shipping charges.

5. Is the 25 cent increase significant?

While 25 cents may seem like a small amount, it will have an impact on all aspects of shipping for Pampered Chef products. This increase will affect all orders and can add up over time.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• almondfarm
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
ChefBeckyD
  • cmdtrgd
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
raebates
  • AlowayFamily