• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Worst Show Today and It Was All Me!

Kristi had a show last night and she's honestly had A LOT going on. She's been trying to get her directorship status and she was feeling really tired and hot during the show. She pulled out some food to eat and started to feel sick. She told her aunt and mom and started crying that she was embarrassed and sad that she wasn't feeling well. Her mom is a nurse and she thought that Kristi had a sinus problem with Tropical Storm Barry going through. Kristi's aunt took her to the hospital and they thought she had a stroke. Kristi was out for the rest of the night.
PampMomof3
Gold Member
I had a show last night and I've honestly had A LOT going on. (Trying to get my directorship status is the main one) Well of course I was tired and had to get ready for my show today. It was for my best friends (Kim) aunt and they're having a game night for the girls only. So, they've been telling me they'd do a show for me and they finally did it today. Well, I woke up today really not feeling good but I really wanted to do this show because I know everyone pretty well (birthday parties mainly) and I get to hang out with Kim.

On the way to the show, I picked Kim up and we were on our hour ride there. I was feeling clammy but just disregarded. I got there, started prepping and did the show. During the show, I was feeling really HOT and told Kim that I wasn't feeling very good. She gave me a root beer to get somehting cold into me. Well, I pulled out the Family Sized Baked Burrito and the VOlcano Cake and I was starting to dish out the helpings and I felt like I was going to pass out!:eek:

So, I looked at kim and told her to take over and I went into the kitchen and talked to her aunt and mom and started crying saying that I was so embarrassed and sad that I'm not feeling good. Luckily her mom is a nurse and thinks that I have a sinus problem with Tropical Storm Barry going through.

They had me lay down in the aunts room and I passed out! :eek: They really thought I should take a nap to try and relieve some pressure and Kim called my hubby to have him come and pick me up. He did and all the girls were screaming "It's a BOY!! The STRIPPER has arrived!":p I laughed so hard and my hubby was so flattered but it was really funny.

So I've been in bed all night and am just now starting to feel better. If you've made it through this long, Thanks! I guess I just needed to vent and see if someone else had a similar experience????:confused:

Haven't had that experience, but glad you are home safely. I'm sure everyone there understands. I hope the show turns out well despite your being ill.

Oh no Kristi!! Get well soon! What an awful day for you!
Feel better!!!!!

Yuck!!! Never had this happen, but I'd would have rather a situation like this with people I know because they would know that this isn't how you usually are.

But I do know about sinus problems... When I get a sinus infection, they can get so bad that I am usually out of commission for at least one or two days. Had a really bad infection in college that kept me in bed for about 3 days... it sucked!!! Hopefully you'll be able to get in to your MD tomorrow and get soemthing to get you feeling better!

Kristi! OMG!!! I hope you are okay! I'm glad the show was with people you are already acquainted with. But even still, your health is the #1 priority here! Take it easy and hopefully everything will be resolved on Monday. :)

(((HUGS))))

Sorry to hear about your day. Get some rest. The same thing happened to my DH today. He never gets sick or complains and the whole time I was packing my car for my show(which he always does) he just laid on the couch complaining of almost the same symptoms....
I hope you feel better soon, do something fun to get your mind off PC a little, I can only imagine how stressful this is for you.
Sending you hugs also ((((HUGS))))
(wish you were closer, I'd have you over for a drink!)

I had the stomach flu hit during a show! I had to excuse myself and puke! Nobody really wanted to eat....But they booked 3 shows! Maybe they felt sorry for me!

Fell better soon, sorry to hear you are feeling so crappy!!!

Thanks Ladies. I am starting to feel a little better. What a shi**y weekend.

The latest on directorship status is Tech Support wants to talk to my recruit to check her submission log and if it shows she submitted something on the 31st, they will most likely backdate it. If not, I won't be a director until July 1st.:rolleyes:

Sorry about that Kristi, at least you got home safe, I sure know about sinus problems, I used to have chronic sinus infections until I started doing a weekly nasal flush with a natural sugar I get from the Health food store called Zylitol. sp?? Anyway I mix about 2 tablespoons with warm water and tilt my head and pour some in one nostril and it comes out the other side, and vice versa. It has done wonders, I have not had a sinus infection since I started doing it in January, I can actually breathe!! You should try it, it's awesome, and natural!!!!

Oooooooo... Zylitol... WONDERFUL stuff!!! My chiropractor is a "naturals" nut and I get it from him. It is also really good to use on kids and you can even use it when you are pregnant!!! I have it in a typical nasal spray bottle and use it like you would any other spray. When I remember to use it, it really makes a HUGE difference!

So sorry that it happened!

One of my consultants was trying to help a guest get the Self Sharpening Knife out of it's case (it was stuck)...she pulled and pulled, and finally out it slid -- and slid it did -- across her thumb! :eek:

They had to call an ambulance because she almost passed out from seeing all the blood.

Oh, she sold a complete set of the Self Sharpening Knives to one lady who was seriously impressed that they were so SHARP!! :rolleyes:

So Sorry this happened Kristi ~ with all you've got going on right now...this was the last thing you needed ~ glad to hear you're feeling better...hope you're 100% by tomorrow...cuz you've got Monday coming up too!

HUGS HUGS HUGS

Ginny

I'm sorry this happened to you, but I'm glad for you that it was someone you know. Take care of yourself.

How are you feelng today Kristi?

Oh Kristi, that is so awful. Hope you are feeling better soon! But I did have to laugh about your husband, I think mine would've passed out from embarrassment!

Oh man, hope you're feeling better today:)

pampermemelody said:
I had the stomach flu hit during a show! I had to excuse myself and puke! Nobody really wanted to eat....But they booked 3 shows! Maybe they felt sorry for me!

Me too! I made it through the demo and was able to excuse myself before doing so. I didn't even finish the show! Luckily it was in the same building I lived in and most everyone were regulars of mine! My host just sent me home and packed up all my stuff for me and she and her husband brought it down to our place the next morning. I was out of it for days......don't what it was but to this day, I have issues everytime I have to use imitation crab for shows! LOL!!:D

Take care of yourself, honey. At least you stopped when you started feeling bad, instead of actually passing out and hitting the floor in the middle of your demo. :)DH tends to get sinus infections a couple of times a year. One thing he does that helps him is to irrigate with a saline solution. He uses a WaterPic with a special tip (reduces the pressure, so he's not making a hole in the bottom of his brain from the water pressure ;) ).

You can also do that with a neti pot. You can purchase them at most alternative health stores. It looks like Aladin's lamp and holds 1 cup of water. You fill it with warm salt water and flush your sinuses. Detailed instructions are usually enclosed. I can't believe how much better I breathe since I started using one.

What's really funny is that this came up at my cousin's jewelry party last week. Someone mentioned a nasal bidet they had seen on one of the news stations. It did the same thing as the items mentioned in prior posts.

Thanks guys! Yesterday I was feeling a little better and we took our children to Typhoon Lagoon (one of Disney's water parks) and got BURNT!! Go figure!!:eek: We got home last night around 10 pm and PASSED OUT! Had to get up again at 5:30am for my 4 year olds surgery so needless to say, I'm WHOOPED! We're closing her show today and with 8 orders. it's at $397. I'm stoked with that!~:D

Glad you're feeling better and I hope your 4 year old's surgery goes smoothly!

I hope you are feeling better. I actually had a sinus infection with a persistent cough in March. I got into a coughing jag at one of my shows. How embarassing!:eek: :eek:

Dr Oz. was on Oprah a few weeks ago & had a volunteer demonstrate the neti pot. They had her on a follow-up show & she stated she was doing so much better since she started using it daily. She used a saline solution. It takes a moment to come out the other side because it actually flushes the sinuses, like up in your forehead & cheeks.

I'm not an Oprah fan, but I love Dr. Oz. Whenever he's on I make sure to tape the show. That's where I learned about the neti pot. It really surprised me how much it helped with my allergies.

1. What is "Worst Show Today and It Was All Me!"?

"Worst Show Today and It Was All Me!" is a Pampered Chef show theme that focuses on the host taking ownership of any mishaps or mistakes that may occur during the show. It encourages the host to have a positive attitude and turn a potentially negative situation into a fun and entertaining experience.

2. How does the "Worst Show Today and It Was All Me!" theme benefit the host?

This theme allows the host to be more relatable to the guests by showing vulnerability and humor. It also helps to diffuse any tension or awkwardness that may arise from mistakes and makes the show more enjoyable for everyone involved.

3. Can the "Worst Show Today and It Was All Me!" theme be used for virtual shows?

Yes, this theme can be adapted for virtual shows as well. The host can still take ownership of any technical difficulties or mishaps and use humor to make the show more enjoyable for the guests.

4. Are there any specific products that work well with the "Worst Show Today and It Was All Me!" theme?

The theme can work well with any products, but some hosts have found success using products that are easy to use and demonstrate, as well as products that can be used to fix or cover up any mistakes that may occur during the show.

5. How can the "Worst Show Today and It Was All Me!" theme be incorporated into the show?

The host can mention the theme at the beginning of the show and use it throughout the demonstration by acknowledging any mistakes or mishaps with humor and positivity. They can also encourage guests to share their own "worst show" experiences to create a fun and engaging atmosphere.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Cr8vKitchen
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
Cr8vKitchen
  • abell
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
abell
Replies