• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

First Party/Worst Party All in One! (But It's Ookay)

So last night was going to be my first party. Host is my neighbor, Pam, and had 20+ RSVP's, fortunately most are from the neighborhood.I was on my way home from work, very close to home, about 2 miles away.I'm okay, but all my plans came to a crashing halt when I hit another car. Hard. I think I've totaled my car. I know the other person had some injuries, but the firefighters told me there was nothing life threatening, thank goodness.I got taken to the ER, spent the evening there getting x-rays, being checked out. Nothing broken, just a lot of bruising, stiff and sore.I had my
BlueMoon
So last night was going to be my first party. Host is my neighbor, Pam, and had 20+ RSVP's, fortunately most are from the neighborhood.

I was on my way home from work, very close to home, about 2 miles away.

I'm okay, but all my plans came to a crashing halt when I hit another car. Hard. I think I've totaled my car. I know the other person had some injuries, but the firefighters told me there was nothing life threatening, thank goodness.

I got taken to the ER, spent the evening there getting x-rays, being checked out. Nothing broken, just a lot of bruising, stiff and sore.

I had my partner call my host immediately, so she was able to get the word out, and I think only one or two people showed up at her house. She's leaving town today, though, for a month. One of her guests has offered to host the show at her house, (so generous) and still give the host benefits to Pam...but I am going to approach Pam about co-hosting, cause I know Lee wants some PC stuff...They have the same circle of friends, so I fear if Lee has a party, Pam will not.

ANY way, I know I'll never have a worst party than that! Cross that one off the list!:chef:

Luckily, I have a party tonight with work friends. It's going to be very interactive, lol, cause I can't really lift or bend!

Any hints on how to handle the Pam/Lee situation? I really want to have the party before Pam gets back, cause I think it will make the difference in qualifying in the first 30 days.

yours

OMG! i'm soooo sorry that happened!! hope you and everyone involved is ok!no real advice other than just asking them their thoughts on it.

:eek: Marghi - Scary! I'm super glad you're alright. Be careful that you don't overexert yourself tonight. Have fun!

My brain is slow....let me think a little on your question.

Oh, Wow - Marghi! I'm so glad that you are okay. Hopefully, your partner or someone else will be driving you to your show tonight, and helping with the lifting, etc?

I think that your idea about how to handle the party is a good idea. Have them co-host.
OR, often I will have hosts who decide to have the party at someone else's house (like today - my host had the party at her MIL's house) and then I make the person who's home we are using the co-host - and they get the host discount at the show, and the 10% discount for the following year. (not the free and 50% off stuff) When I do that, they are usually excited just to have the discount, and it also can entice them to book their own show. They've seen how easy it is to host (hey - it WAS at their house!) and what kind of benefits they can get from it...that's what happened today! The FIL (!) of the host decided HE wanted to have a party in January!:D

Thanks for the good wishes
--and the good ideas, I think Lee would be thrilled to get the discount. Can they both get the 10% off? If not, I'll give it to Lee, who'll host while Pam is out of town...I'm pretty sure with the number of people who planned to come, and probably still will, that we can make it a pretty good show, at least enough to get the 30% off!Great news on the FIL deciding to host his own show!
The orderly at the hospital was interested, he loves PC, but I was too loopy at that time to get his info. I just may pamper the ER--and I'm taking cookies to the fire department. They are AMAZING. There were 3 huge firefighters in my little prius, plus one outside, and they got me out and onto a backboard and a gurney--with me under strict orders not to help, just let my muscles go limp. And I'm no skinny Minnie, I can tell you! ...and is there some kind of looks test that firefighters have to pass? they are all gorgeous! Or do they just look like that because they are the modern knights?

Last edited:
Sorry about your accident Marghi- that's very scary- glad you are okay. You will probably feel stiff and sore for quite a while. I had someone run a red light and t-bone my van totaling it and I remember parts of me being sore for months. I agree about your comment on firefighters - any I've encountered have been very hot:)

BlueMoon said:
Thanks for the good wishes
--and the good ideas, I think Lee would be thrilled to get the discount. Can they both get the 10% off? If not, I'll give it to Lee, who'll host while Pam is out of town...I'm pretty sure with the number of people who planned to come, and probably still will, that we can make it a pretty good show, at least enough to get the 30% off!

Great news on the FIL deciding to host his own show!
The orderly at the hospital was interested, he loves PC, but I was too loopy at that time to get his info. I just may pamper the ER--and I'm taking cookies to the fire department. They are AMAZING. There were 3 huge firefighters in my little prius, plus one outside, and they got me out and onto a backboard and a gurney--with me under strict orders not to help, just let my muscles go limp. And I'm no skinny Minnie, I can tell you!

...and is there some kind of looks test that firefighters have to pass? they are all gorgeous! Or do they just look like that because they are the modern knights?

They can both get 10% off for a year, as the host & co-host. As long as they are listed as such on the show.

Great idea to pamper the ER & the FD. They probably don't get a ton of "thanks for a job well done" after the fact.

LOL about the fire fighters! That's why they do the Beef-Cake Calendars featuring Fire Fighters!

LOL! So glad you're not hurt and glad those hunky guys are taking orders!

You SO look like a skinny mini in your photo!

I agree, have 'em co-host as long as you're able to get in touch with the original host about what she wants, etc.

Yes, they both get the discount, and don't forget that they also get a discount on whatever they order. (Only one gets the special however, unless it's big enough for them to get two.)

My first show was also my worst ... 2 orders on Night One, Two guests and Night Two and neither of them ordered but they both booked shows so it was OK. Meanwhile, Roomie was writing in pain suffering from gall bladder attacks.

(As a side note, Marghi, I saw a lesbian couple and reflected how in my jewelry business, i discovered lesbians were my best customers ever. They buy for themselves AND their girlfriends! :)

I'd kinda err on the side of letting Lee host, rescheduling Pam for when she gets back and then booking her off of Lee's party. If it is in a different month there will be a different host and guest special and people will have had a payday or two inbetween and will be able to order more things off of their wishlists.
I always find it funny how someone will be adament about not wanting to host a show when you meet them, then a couple parties down the road they will realize how much fun it is and they can't wait to get on the calendar.

okay.... so, I tried to make someone a co-host the other night but didn't see the option where it used to be in P3. Is it just somewhere else??

ashvel said:
okay.... so, I tried to make someone a co-host the other night but didn't see the option where it used to be in P3. Is it just somewhere else??

Is is a Cooking or Catalog show? Because you can't have a host for a catalog show, so it doesn't show up on the screen in P3.

ChefBeckyD said:
Is is a Cooking or Catalog show? Because you can't have a [co]host for a catalog show, so it doesn't show up on the screen in P3.

Thank you Becky! I bet that was it!! (It was a catalog show)
I'm so glad to hear pampered chef hasn't done away with it! :)

Marghi! I'm so sorry to hear about your accident! I don't know how I missed this thread! I'm glad you are okay. Such excitement for your first show! lol I'd see if Lee would do it as her own show and have Pam be a booking. The only thing I'd be nervous of would be if Pam would be upset if all her friends came and ordered at Lee's party and then she hosts and doesn't get as good of a turnout. If who they invite overlaps too much, maybe do the co-hosting thing. But check on the timing of your 30 days. If Pam's return is outside of your 30 days, then I'd have Lee do a party and host coach her to invite people outside of the neighborhood--all her other circles, so that Pam can have her party when she gets back and hopefully she'll get that same great response of 20 people coming. :DDo you have any other parties or catalog shows going on to help you with your first 30 days? Maybe your show tonight will get you well on your way! :) If you can qualify w/o this party with Pam, then remember that you still earn rewards for your first 90 days. Best of luck! And don't overdo it tonight!!!

What is "First Party/Worst Party All in One! (But It's Ookay)"?

"First Party/Worst Party All in One! (But It's Ookay)" is a versatile cooking tool from Pampered Chef that allows you to both cook and serve food in the same dish. It is perfect for parties and gatherings, as it saves time and eliminates the need for multiple dishes.

How does "First Party/Worst Party All in One! (But It's Ookay)" work?

This product features a two-in-one design with a cooking base and a serving platter. The cooking base can be used in the oven, microwave, or on the stovetop to prepare your food. Once the food is cooked, simply remove the cooking base and use the serving platter to present your dish.

What are the benefits of using "First Party/Worst Party All in One! (But It's Ookay)"?

Using this product not only saves you time and space in the kitchen, but it also reduces the amount of dishes you need to clean up afterwards. It is also great for keeping your food warm and fresh during parties or events.

Can "First Party/Worst Party All in One! (But It's Ookay)" be used for all types of food?

Yes, this product is suitable for a wide range of dishes including casseroles, desserts, dips, and more. It can also be used for both hot and cold foods, making it a versatile choice for any occasion.

Is "First Party/Worst Party All in One! (But It's Ookay)" dishwasher safe?

Yes, this product is dishwasher safe for easy and convenient cleaning. However, we recommend hand washing the stoneware base to prolong its lifespan.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• ccmahaffey
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • wadesgirl
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
pchockeymom
  • melissaboyd