• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Finally, Did My First Party Yesterday!!

It was such a mess!!!It was such a mess! But it was also really fun. I was glad that no one noticed. I learned a lot from the posts and the documents in the file.
nay62
Gold Member
OMG it was such a mess!!!

I had my script on index cards but did not use it. Oh my, it felt like I was rambling on and on. The ending of my script became the beginning during my demo. Almost brought all my products and my bag was so heavy. Decided to make my party very interactive but the pizza took longer than I expected to get set up and almost forgot the Margarita's.

Man oh man I was such a mess!

But no one noticed and really with all things said, it felt good.

Now I'm thinking how can I make it better next time around ;)

I am pretty sure that there are others out there (including me) that felt similar after their first show. It is so much fun because we can always try to make it better. Congratulations and keep moving forwards!!

Congrats on your first show--now you can use some of the funny things you said or did from your first show during future shows. "It is a good thing you aren't my first party, boy did I ramble and ramble..." Have a good time with them--customers seem to appreciate that instead of a stuffy show. They honestly will get easier and easier and easier. Enjoy, and good luck with your business!

Thank you!At first I felt relief it was over then when I sat down for checkout my heart was racing and was so excited. Can't wait for my next party.I have to thank you all on here, I've learned alot from the posts and the documents in file. All of you helped me yesterday ;)

congrats! I had a similar thing happen on my first cooking show party this past friday! I forgot that you were to cook the pizza first then when it came back out put the rest of the stuff on it then recook.. hahaha. but I just joked about it and thanked them for letting me use them as the guiena pigs! ;o)

Good luck and heres to many more cooking shows in your future!!!

I've been doing this for 1 1/2 years and I still don't get it right. And I don't care! When I have parties, scripts never work. I do have to have some important points that I would like to bring up at each party, such as the guarantee (or whatever you call it), the Round Up stuff,(which I always forget, darn) and a couple other things that I sometimes forget but it doesn't have to be perfect. But, we have a good time and people do remember me and think of me when they want to have a party, I hope. I'm still learning.....I hope you enjoyed it.

Congrats on your first show! I can relate to forgetting things to say. At my first show the last guest to leave asked me "isn't there usually some kind of special free item when you order a certain amount?" And of course most guests qualified and since that month their was a choice of specials I had to call about 15 people the next day to find out which of the peelers they wanted.

I have learned after doing 92 shows now that I just need to go with the flow. Just relax, be friendly to all guests by greeting each one as they come in, give them a name tag. I tried using cards a few times but prefer "visual cues" such as laying the guest special item in front of me, putting the next months special flyer in an acrylic stand near my set-up. It also helps to have someone (not the host) read the recipe to keep you on track and keep the guests involved. I also do not give out catalogs until after the demo. Otherwise you are constantly answering their question "where is the such and such?" and they are constantly talking during the demo. My demos are much shorter when I started doing that.

Sounds like you did great and I am sure you will have many successful shows to come!!

What products were the most popular at the party?

The most popular products at the party were the Quick Cooker, the Mix 'N Scraper, the Deep Covered Baker, the Garlic Press, and the Food Chopper.

How long does it take to receive the products after placing an order at the party?

Orders placed at the party typically arrive within 7-10 business days. However, shipping times may vary depending on the location and availability of the products.

Are there any special discounts or promotions for hosting a party?

Yes, as a host, you can earn free and discounted products based on the total sales at your party. You can also take advantage of monthly specials and exclusive promotions for hosts.

Can I still earn host rewards if some of my guests cannot attend the party?

Yes, as long as the total sales from your party reach a qualifying amount, you can still earn host rewards. You can also offer online orders to guests who are unable to attend the party in person.

Can I customize my orders with Pampered Chef?

Yes, many of our products can be personalized with custom engravings or monogramming. You can also create custom bundles and gift sets for special occasions.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• nay62
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
ShellBeach
  • chefjessicah
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
Shelly Flanagan
  • babywings76