• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Need tips for successful booth results?

In summary, the conversation is about tips on how to have a successful booth at events and fairs. The main tip is to be bold and engaging with potential customers, rather than just displaying products and waiting for them to come to you. Other suggestions include having a well-organized and visually appealing booth, offering special deals and promotions, and being prepared with necessary paperwork and materials. The conversation also touches on the importance of choosing the right words and making a good impression on potential hosts and customers.
chefmoseley
Gold Member
I've been with PC for 2 years. WAHOO! You'd think I'd know by now that word choices are important. I love doing booths but always end up with less than great results. I normally say 'hello, are you familiar with pc' or 'what is your favorite product'. I let them know the specials if they seem interested and leave it at that.

Well today was very different. I decided I would try something new and get bold about my business. I decided that hosts aren't going to just come to me I need to excite them. So today when someone would say 'oh I love pc' or 'i have a bunch of pc' or something leading my response was 'when was the last time you hosted a show' or ' you should host a show'.

For me this is bold bold bold! Well bold worked -I have 5 shows, 3 business leads, 2 fundraiser leads! All for just 2hours at a booth (which was FREE)!!! I am so excited and proud of myself b/c bold works! Remember asking is not being pushy it's informing!!!

Way to go!!!

That is awesome and it motivates me to do a booth I have been considering. :)

Congratulations!

What do you put out at your booth? I have never done one and there is a local vendor fair coming up that I am considering. Just display some signs and products to attract people to talk to? Maybe put out some snacks??

I never put out food. In my state you have to have a food handling lisense to serve food at a public event. I have seen people do mints that are prewrapped but I don't want random people at my booth I want people who are excited about PC not a free mint. I normally put out the Kit items and my tool turn about loaded to the gills. Recently I have been bringing the DCB to show the die hard 'stoners' that haven't seen the newer ones. I have a tri fold board in the center of my table. The left panel is the booking slide, the center is next month's special at the top, Help wanted sign lower left corner,and 2 months special lower right corner. On the right panel I have the current month's special and an event special if I have one or my booking lead 'book today and get a free cookbook' or whatever. I always use the trifle bowl or collapsible bowl for my drawing slips at the center of my table. When I use the collapsible bowl I leave it collapsed so people can see how versatile it is. I give out recipe cards and make notes on the drawing slips. I try to keep it as simple as I can. I do have a binder that has all my paperwork in it. Recruiting brochures, additional recipe cards, wedding registry, fundraiser info and a full catalog in sheet protectors. Also I have 'themed party' posters in the binder. That way they can't say 'oh I've been to a PC party I don't need to have one'. They are all different so use themes they can help :) I hope that was helpful somewhat. Let me know if you have any questions.

That is awesome!!!! So proud of you. I need to talk to the other moms at my kids gymnastics tomorrow. This is great advice.

I have a FAIR July 15 & 16 and I am totally switching UP from what I was doing!
TY for the great ideas.
I was not having any luck and I know your style is going to help alot.
I am excited to do the booth NOW! LOL
Thanks again.

I'm just signing up this Thursday and have already signed up for time at the booth at the county fair this July. I love the ideas from chefmoseley... I don't have any idea what to expect or how to prepare.

Any other helpful ideas?

DeannaK1022 said:
I'm just signing up this Thursday and have already signed up for time at the booth at the county fair this July. I love the ideas from chefmoseley... I don't have any idea what to expect or how to prepare.

Any other helpful ideas?

Welcome! :) Congrats on starting your business and signing up for a booth already! This site has a lot of info. You might want to start reading through some other threads on this topic. There's A LOT of them! :D You'll be amazed by all the advice and tips. Just go to the sub forum "Booths, Fairs, and Festivals". The other thing you can do is go to the top where it says "search" and type in whatever you want, ie. "booth tips", and see what threads it brings up for you to look through. Hope that helps! :)

What does the phrase "word choices are important" mean?

The phrase "word choices are important" means that the specific words we use in our communication can greatly impact the meaning and effectiveness of our message. It emphasizes the importance of carefully considering and selecting the right words to convey our thoughts and ideas accurately.

Why are word choices important in cooking and food preparation?

In cooking and food preparation, word choices are important because they can affect the taste, texture, and presentation of a dish. For example, using the word "tender" instead of "soft" to describe the texture of meat can give a more accurate and appealing description. Additionally, using precise measurements and terms in recipes is crucial for achieving the desired result.

How can word choices impact sales in a Pampered Chef business?

In a Pampered Chef business, word choices can greatly impact sales by influencing how customers perceive and understand the products being sold. Using descriptive and enticing words in product descriptions can make them more appealing to potential buyers. Additionally, using positive and confident language in sales pitches can help build trust and credibility with customers.

What are some tips for making effective word choices in written communication?

Some tips for making effective word choices in written communication include being clear and concise, using active instead of passive voice, and choosing words that accurately convey your intended meaning. It's also important to consider your audience and use language that they will understand and resonate with.

How can word choices impact personal relationships and interactions?

In personal relationships and interactions, word choices can greatly impact how we communicate and connect with others. Using kind and thoughtful words can strengthen relationships, while harsh or insensitive words can damage them. It's important to choose words carefully and consider how they may be received by the other person.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• EmilyStraw
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
Bren706
  • passiontecooking.t
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
passiontecooking.t
  • smspamperedchef