• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Wooden Spoons: My New Favorites!

In summary, the Bamboo Spoons are a great alternative to wooden spoons and are dishwasher safe. They are also great for baking.
jrstephens
I have had these for ages but have just in the past few months started really using them. I LOVE them!! I grab them now more than I do any of my nylon spoons when cooking. I wish we had a bigger variety of them.

I have started promoting them a lot at my shows too. And have been selling more. I use them to mix instead of the Classic Scrapper most every time now.

Are you talking about the Bamboo Spoons? I love the skinnier Bamboo spoon the best. It does work great. I also like the mini ones.

I have them all and love them!!

They are Bamboo, which is much better than wood.

My tend to pick up a tinge of red stain from marinara sauce, etc so I don't usually grab them first!

Sorry, I just automatically called them wooden. I guess I think of bamboo more with the darker colored bamboo salad tongs. I need to make the habit of calling the bamboo spoons!

I love my bamboo spoons too. I think my Small Mix 'N Scraper is my favorite.

I have a habit of calling them "baboon" spoons at shows... not sure why, just comes out that way! At least it gets a laugh. But I love them, too! I like the small spoon from the set (not the two really little ones) the best.

I started baking when I was in junior high school, and my mom always had wooden spoons. I broke many of them while stirring cookie dough. Then when I moved out, I also had wooden spoons and broke a couple of those. Thankfully, after three years of marriage I discovered Pampered Chef bamboo spoons. I have never, ever broken one. EVER! I hate using my sisters' or my mom's wooden spoons while baking at their homes.

Sounds like you need to get them some bamboo spoons for Christmas or birthdays or both!

I find that if you soak them for a while after cooking the red stain will go away.

I bought my bamboo spoons at the first and only PC show I ever went to 8 years before I joined. I always thought they were wood (my consultant NEVER called me to follow up) so I spent the last 8 years yelling at my husband for putting them in the dishwasher!

At my shows I always say "There are three secrets I keep from my husband:
1) I found my engagement ring 1 year before he gave it to me
2) I paid the Volvo dealer to "throw in the roof racks on my wagon" so my husband would feel like he was a great negotiator
3) ANd I never told him that these were dishwasher safe after yelling at him for 8 years "not to put in the DW" because wood warps!

MandyK said:
I bought my bamboo spoons at the first and only PC show I ever went to 8 years before I joined. I always thought they were wood (my consultant NEVER called me to follow up) so I spent the last 8 years yelling at my husband for putting them in the dishwasher!

2) I paid the Volvo dealer to "throw in the roof racks on my wagon" so my husband would feel like he was a great negotiator
3) ANd I never told him that these were dishwasher safe after yelling at him for 8 years "not to put in the DW" because wood warps!

OMG that is too funny! I love the bamboo spoons too... and the little toast tongs--I use these almost daily. I am debating ordering the spatula set and the mini spoons the next time I place an order. Just not sure what I would use the mini spoons for, and I have a bamboo spatula that came with an old wok I had. I actually have two sets of the bamboo spoons--one of mine had a crack in it when it arrived so they replaced it with a whole new set... I really only cared about the crack b/c I didn't want to show it at shows, but I still use the cracked spoon!

Kim,

You'll use the little bamboo spoons!! I use them for Dips ALL the time! IN fact, i used them at my hosts show last night and sold a couple pairs!!

MandyK said:

Way to funny Mandy ;)

MandyK said:

OMG too funny!!!!!

Related to Wooden Spoons: My New Favorites!

1. What are the benefits of using wooden spoons for cooking?

Wooden spoons are a popular choice for cooking because they do not transfer heat like metal utensils, making them safe for use with hot foods. They are also gentle on non-stick cookware and won't scratch the surface. Additionally, wooden spoons are durable, long-lasting, and have a natural non-slip grip.

2. How do I clean and care for my wooden spoons?

To clean wooden spoons, simply wash them with warm soapy water and dry them immediately. Avoid soaking them in water for extended periods of time as this can cause the wood to swell and crack. You can also periodically apply a food-grade mineral oil to keep the wood from drying out and prevent staining.

3. Can I use wooden spoons for all types of cooking?

Yes, wooden spoons are versatile and can be used for all types of cooking, including stirring, mixing, and serving. However, they are not recommended for high-temperature cooking such as frying, as the wood can scorch or warp.

4. Are there any foods I should avoid using with wooden spoons?

While wooden spoons are generally safe for use with all types of food, it is not recommended to use them with acidic foods such as lemon juice or vinegar. The acid can break down the wood and affect the taste of the food. It is also best to avoid using them with raw meat, as wooden spoons can be more difficult to thoroughly clean and sanitize compared to metal utensils.

5. How do I know when it's time to replace my wooden spoons?

With proper care, wooden spoons can last for many years. However, if you notice any cracks, splinters, or an unpleasant odor on your wooden spoon, it may be time to replace it. It is important to regularly inspect your wooden spoons for any signs of wear and tear to ensure safe and hygienic cooking.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• kat29
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
rlombas
  • minersmix
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
pampered1224
  • PCSarahjm