• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Help! Classic Scrapper Stained Red - Chefs, Please Advise!

well, it isn't.Thanks for all of the tips. I will let my customer know!Try using the magic eraser on it!! Those things are wonderful!!!!Wait, was it the handle or the actual silicone part that stained? Because a couple of my handles have stained. I think the handles are plastic.
PCSarahjm
I have a customer that used the classic scrapper in spaghetti sauce....now it is red stained. I didn't think our scrappers would stain??? I told her i would check here and see what the more experienced cheffers had to say!

Thanks

Sarah

Mine has stained a couple of times but after another wash or two it was right back to normal. Don't know if there is a "secret" to get the stain out faster though... anyone??????

The handle of one of mine has kool-aid staines but i haven't tried to get it out yet. On the use and care guide it says "For stubborn stains, make a paste of dishwashing crystals and water. Spread paste over stained area; let set for approximately 30 minutes and rinse thoroughly"

Some people have had luck using cleanser with bleach (like Soft Scrub). You could also try peroxide. It can take out stains, but is safer for you than bleach is.

Has anyone tried the Plastic Booster stuff you put in your diswasher? I know the scraper is not plastic but ?????

Don't know if this works, but someone told me to put it on a window sill and the sun would naturally "bleach" it back to its normal color. :)

Using the sun is a great idea! I remember hearing about that tip when I was using cloth diapers and getting tips online for them. I just didn't worry about them being snow white all the time (that was my solution.. LOL)... but heard about putting them out to bleach in the sun... makes sense...

lkprescott said:
Something on this page might help:
Howstuffworks "How to Remove Tomato Juice and Sauce Stains: Tips and Guidelines"

I've had my scraper for almost 20 years no and no staining. What exactly are those scrapers made from anyway?
They're silicone.

In fact, I use that as the core of one of my "bits" at my shows. I hold up all 4 scrapers in a fan, and say, "This is our scraper collection - the best scraper you will ever buy. I call them the 'Kitchen Baywatch' because they're silicone on top and skinny on the bottom - safest use of silicone out there! And they come in A, B, C and D sizes."

LOL... Ann, that's classic... I'd love to see you 'live' and in action with all your quips!

chefann said:
They're silicone.In fact, I use that as the core of one of my "bits" at my shows. I hold up all 4 scrapers in a fan, and say, "This is our scraper collection - the best scraper you will ever buy. I call them the 'Kitchen Baywatch' because they're silicone on top and skinny on the bottom - safest use of silicone out there! And they come in A, B, C and D sizes."
I use that one too..."The Baywatch Babes of the product line"....and also empahsis that the B size seems to be most popular for women and the guys like to use the "D" size. :DAlthough, from what I hear, anything more than a handful is a waste... ;)

janetupnorth said:
Although, from what I hear, anything more than a handful is a waste... ;)
I've heard that, too, but the person I heard it from used "mouthful". :eek:

I had mine stain from mustard one time. I soaked it over night in a baking soda paste and it came out for the most part. If you were not looking for it, you would not see it.

a couple of times a year I put mine (with all of my white products) in a sink with hot water and a little bit of bleach. It takes off any left over color

Thanks for all of the tips. I will let my customer know!

Try using the magic eraser on it!! Those things are wonderful!!!!

Wait, was it the handle or the actual silicone part that stained? Because a couple of my handles have stained. I think the handles are plastic.I use my old green scraper when I'm mixing up henna to dye my hair... boy, talk about staining! But it only stains the handle, not the scraper part.

I thought the sun took days to lighten the color of things. I didn't think it happened quickly. You would just have to store them always in the window. ;)

A couple of years ago, I saw a news report about carcinogens on common household goods -- magic erasers have formaldyhide. Might not want to use then on your kitchen tools. Ick. I had already banned the from my house prior to the report -- seemed too good to be true & no contents / "ingredients" listed on the packaging.
Sorry for the hijack -- just wanted to let you know

peichef said:
A couple of years ago, I saw a news report about carcinogens on common household goods -- magic erasers have formaldyhide. Might not want to use then on your kitchen tools. Ick. I had already banned the from my house prior to the report -- seemed too good to be true & no contents / "ingredients" listed on the packaging.
Sorry for the hijack -- just wanted to let you know

I find baking soda and vinegar takes care of soooo many cleaning needs without toxic ingredients. There's even a baking soda book that has tons of uses... and it's so cheap! I buy vinegar by the gallon and use it a lot too. Did you know it makes a great natural weed killer? On a sunny day anyway... any plant doused with white vinegar and sunshine will die..

I've not used a magic eraser but the uses I've seen them use it on in the commercial baking soda does just as fine with - I've even gotten crayon off the walls with baking soda pasted with a little water and a little elbow grease and my mom had an old ink stain on her countertop for years that came off with b.s. 'paste'.. heck, we could probably start a whole new thread! LOL

Yeah, baking soda and vingegar are all I ever use. Someone reccomended that Magic Eraser to me when it first came out...and I had a crayon weilding toddler loose in my house at that time. So I tried it, and was sorely disappointed. My good old bicarbonate of soda did the trick SO much better!

PC exchange one of my cstomer's scraperbecause it was stained with red soda pop. Customer put scraper in sink and her child dump his cup of soda into sink-stained scraper. Scraper was exchanged with no problem and PC didn't requested stained one back. So now customer has 2 -1 stained and 1 not.

I had mine stain from spag sauce also. Didn't think much of it, was disappointed though. Put it in the tool turn about and a couple days later went to use it and it look (trying to remember) a little greesy. I rewashed it and it came clean all by it self.
Deanna

If you do the "window/sun" trick, you need to apply lemon juice first. Same thing with our cutting boards. Typically, I've always found a good run through the dishwasher works, but if not, FRESH lemon juice and the sun tend to do the trick. I'm so surprised to hear that spaghetti sauce stained it because I use them (like the rest of us) ALL the time and never have staining. My mom even used hers when canning blackberries - talk about something that stains!!! And the scraper came out fine! Things that make you go hmmmm.....

quiverfull7 said:
Has anyone tried the Plastic Booster stuff you put in your diswasher? I know the scraper is not plastic but ?????

I have used the Plastic Booster & it is AWESOME!! We had some plastic containers that had stained look from the food that had been in it & the PB had it back to looking brand new.

Related to Help! Classic Scrapper Stained Red - Chefs, Please Advise!

1. How do I clean the Classic Scrapper?

To clean the Classic Scrapper, simply wash with warm soapy water and a soft sponge. Do not use abrasive cleaners or scrubbers, as this can damage the red staining. Rinse thoroughly and dry with a soft cloth.

2. Can the Classic Scrapper be used on non-stick cookware?

Yes, the Classic Scrapper is safe to use on non-stick cookware. Its soft silicone head will not scratch or damage the surface of your pans.

3. Is the Classic Scrapper dishwasher safe?

Yes, the Classic Scrapper is dishwasher safe. However, we recommend hand washing to prolong its lifespan and prevent any potential damage from harsh dishwasher detergents.

4. What is the Classic Scrapper made of?

The Classic Scrapper is made of high-quality, heat-resistant silicone. It also has a durable nylon handle for a comfortable grip.

5. Can the Classic Scrapper withstand high heat?

Yes, the Classic Scrapper is heat-resistant up to 650°F. It is safe to use while cooking on the stovetop or in the oven, but do not leave it in direct contact with a heat source for an extended period of time.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Jenn'sKitchen
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
rlombas
  • krafty119
  • Buy and Sell Items
Replies
Views
MsMac
  • SusanBP0129