• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Pampered Chef Wooden Spoons Make Baking Easier!

In summary, a consultant shared how her daughters used to struggle with stirring batter with skinny wooden spoons, but the wider and more ergonomical handle of Pampered Chef's bamboo spoons made it much easier. She also mentioned that bamboo is a more renewable resource, not as porous as wood, and safe for non-stick cookware. She advised new consultants to educate themselves on the benefits of bamboo products. However, she also noted that bamboo spoons are not microwave safe and can get very hot to touch. The conversation concluded with a discussion on environmentalism and the impact on job loss.
minersmix
I know this is not a huge selling point but I thought I would share anyway. My daughters like to bake and have used my old wooden spoons to stir brownie and cake batter, the ones with the skinny little round handle and I have always had to help them finish stirring it because their hands and arms get tired. The other day I was helping them and noticed they did not ask me to finish stirring the batter, so I asked if I could stir it to make sure it was all mixed together. I realized the wider more ergonomical handle of the Pampered
Chef wooden spoons made it much easier with less effort to mix up. I almost through out the other wooden spoons.

Our spoons are bamboo, which are better than wood.

Melissa thank you for the tip.

Deb I know that bamboo is better than wood, but why?

Bamboo is a grass, wood is from a tree.

Bamboo is a more renewable resource - bamboo grows like wildfire and re-grows rapidly (in 2-3 years) as opposed to a tree - takes 20-30 years for a tree to mature.

Bamboo is not as porous as wood - wood soaks up the bacteria and cannot be put in the dishwasher, whereas the bamboo spoons can go in the dishwasher (not the carving/cheese boards, tho - b/c they're glued together and the glue would come apart).

Bamboo is more durable - many Asian countries use bamboo for scaffolding!

Bamboo is safe for non-stick cookware, as it won't splinter or scratch the surface.

All new consultants should read up on our bamboo products (spoons, spatulas and carving/cheese boards) and make sure you are not referring to them as "wooden", b/c they're not - they're MUCH better!! :)

Last edited:
I stand corrected:blushing:

I love that they're Bamboo b/c we have a lot of tree hugger....I mean environmentalists out here in Cali....

Just a disclaimer. I think we should all be good stewards of the earth God has created, but some people take it WAAAAYYYY too far!

I sell tons of bamboo spoons/tongs and I think it is because I do explain that they are different from wood...they repel water instead of retaining, less resistant to stain, splitting, yadda, yadda. The "renewable resource" feature is also a true statement that makes them environmentally friendly.

One thing to note, however. Wooden spoons can be left in a bowl in a microwave while stuff is cooking and the wooden spoons do not heat up.

For whatever reason, if you tried the same thing with a bamboo spoon, they super heat and you need a hot pad to handle them. I had a customer burn herself on a bamboo spoon so I tested it out to verify and sure enough, they are NOT microwave safe. I called PC on this (about 2 years ago) but I am honestly not sure if any of the use and care cards were updated.

So, I no longer say that bamboo can do anything a wooden spoon can but I highlight the other features, which are many.

Christ Follower said:
I love that they're Bamboo b/c we have a lot of tree hugger....I mean environmentalists out here in Cali....

Just a disclaimer. I think we should all be good stewards of the earth God has created, but some people take it WAAAAYYYY too far!

This statement had nothing to do with the bamboo BTW, I was mostly referring to all the people that are losing jobs around here due to the salamander and some sort of other creature.....

One thing to note, however. Wooden spoons can be left in a bowl in a microwave while stuff is cooking and the wooden spoons do not heat up.

For whatever reason, if you tried the same thing with a bamboo spoon, they super heat and you need a hot pad to handle them. I had a customer burn herself on a bamboo spoon so I tested it out to verify and sure enough, they are NOT microwave safe. I called PC on this (about 2 years ago) but I am honestly not sure if any of the use and care cards were updated.

Just out of curiosity (not trying to start an argument...) why would you leave a wooden spoon, or any spoon, in a bowl in the microwave?

I just can't imagine that.

Nanisu said:

Just out of curiosity (not trying to start an argument...) why would you leave a wooden spoon, or any spoon, in a bowl in the microwave?

I have left a scraper or wooden spoon in the bowl just because I didn't want to set it down on the counter and didn't have a spoon rest or plate handy (back in the day).

Thanks for the information about bamboo and microwaves though! Who woulda known?!:eek:

Nanisu said:

One reason would be if you are boiling water...in order for it to boil it need to adhere to something (trying to remember exactly what alton brown said) if it is a glass bowl and nothing is in the bowl but water it will not boil. So what would the average person do? Keep putting more time on the micro. When the bowl is moved the water can explode up and burn someone.

if there is an imperfection on the inside of bowl it has something to adhere to.

nikkijo said:
One reason would be if you are boiling water...in order for it to boil it need to adhere to something (trying to remember exactly what alton brown said) if it is a glass bowl and nothing is in the bowl but water it will not boil. So what would the average person do? Keep putting more time on the micro. When the bowl is moved the water can explode up and burn someone.

if there is an imperfection on the inside of bowl it has something to adhere to.

Wow! I did not know that! You learn something new every day!

In response to "why would you leave a wooden spoon in the microwave"?

Personally, I would not but I can see that for some things it could be convenient to leave a spoon in a bowl to make it easier to stir something.

The customer that I noted who burned herself was following a namebrand cookbook recipe for microwave fudge. This recipe told the cook to leave the wooden spoon in the bowl and just stir at the times the recipe suggested.

She brought the cookbook to me so though I can't recall right now WHO the cookbook was from, I do know ti was in fact a name brand and it did say to leave the spoon in the bowl while the microwave cooking was completed.

adding my 2 cents worth........

I used my bamboo spoons last weekend to stir my grapes while making grape jelly and grape juice.....they looked soooooooo bad when they came out of the juice, but wala - they went right back to their natural color after washing, that is.

gotta love bamboo!

Bamboo vs. Wooden in microwave.You guys! You already answered the question about why the bamboo super heats while the wood does not. It's because the bamboo IS solid and non-porious. Therefore it does NOT breath like wood products do. No breathing, no cooling action.

Related to Pampered Chef Wooden Spoons Make Baking Easier!

What are the benefits of using Pampered Chef wooden spoons for baking?

Pampered Chef wooden spoons are a must-have tool for any baker. They are made of high-quality, durable wood that is gentle on cookware and won't scratch non-stick surfaces. They also have a comfortable grip and a long handle, making it easy to reach into deep pots and mix ingredients thoroughly.

How do I properly care for my Pampered Chef wooden spoons?

To ensure the longevity of your wooden spoons, it is important to properly care for them. After each use, wash the spoons with warm soapy water and dry them immediately. Avoid soaking them in water or putting them in the dishwasher. To prevent the wood from drying out, regularly apply a small amount of mineral oil or food-grade wood conditioner to the spoons.

Are Pampered Chef wooden spoons safe to use with hot foods?

Yes, our wooden spoons are safe to use with hot foods. The high-quality wood can withstand high temperatures without warping or cracking. However, we recommend avoiding leaving the spoons in hot liquids for an extended period of time to prevent any potential damage.

Can I use Pampered Chef wooden spoons for cooking as well?

Absolutely! Our wooden spoons are versatile and can be used for both baking and cooking. They are great for stirring, mixing, and even flipping food in a pan. Just be sure to properly clean and care for them after each use.

Can I purchase Pampered Chef wooden spoons individually or only as a set?

We offer our wooden spoons both individually and as a set, so you can choose whichever option best fits your needs. Our set includes three different sizes, perfect for any baking or cooking task.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• BeckyC5830
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
sharalam
  • LeslieSGI
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
JessBarszcz
Replies