• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Winter/Bad Weather/Small Town Bookings

In summary, if you live in an area that is a small town, has bad weather a lot, or realy bad winters, you can book and hold shows continuously by doing catalog shows in the mean time or by using a consultant.
pcheframsey
If you live in an area that is a small town, has bad weather a lot, or realy bad winters, how do you book and hold shows continuously? Do you just wait until the weather is better and do a lot of catalog shows in the mean time? How do you keep your business going in these circumstances?

Thanks for sharing!

Luckily, I haven't had too many shows cancel because of weather. But I have heard of consultants offering Snow Shows, when the weather is bad. They're phone shows, sometimes with a demo over the phone, if guests can get to the host's house (they all live very close to her, and it's only the consultant who is a distance). You can also do a phone-in order night. Usually, the host will call people to tell them that the live show is being called off, and she can tell people to call the consultant with an order.

Generally, though, I just do business as usual, and worry about the weather on a show-by-show basis.

December was really bad for shows for me! I waited until the day of each party to see what happened. One day it snowed all day (4") but cleared up by the evening and we continued with the party. It was low but better than nothing. Always have catalog shows booked as back up. You can also change the show to a catalog show or rebook and spend the evening helping the host call everyone to reschedule.

chefann said:
Luckily, I haven't had too many shows cancel because of weather. But I have heard of consultants offering Snow Shows, when the weather is bad. They're phone shows, sometimes with a demo over the phone, if guests can get to the host's house (they all live very close to her, and it's only the consultant who is a distance). You can also do a phone-in order night. Usually, the host will call people to tell them that the live show is being called off, and she can tell people to call the consultant with an order.

Generally, though, I just do business as usual, and worry about the weather on a show-by-show basis.

This is what I do - I have actually only had 2 shows in 5 years have to cancel because of weather. One was when I was pregnant, and the weather was pretty bad - I would have normally not stressed too much about it, but DH freaked out about me being out alone in bad weather, at night, while pregnant - so we rescheduled.:rolleyes:

The other one - well, The State Police were asking people to stay off the roads - so it was best to reschedule.

But you are in Florida.....what kind of bad weather are you talking about? Here, bad weather means roads are impassable!

ChefBeckyD said:
But you are in Florida.....what kind of bad weather are you talking about? Here, bad weather means roads are impassable!

A friend of mine is a consultant for another company, but is considering joining my team with PC. She lives up north and the winters in her area are pretty bad. She is concerned about the weather being a problem. I've also been talking to several other potential recruits that are in other areas, and they have concerns about weather and being in a small town.

Thanks for the great ideas! I love how much this group is so willing to share. :love:

chefann said:

That's me too. And we usually wait until the last minute (it's Michigan, the weather changes every 5 minutes) to actually cancel a show. Off the top of my head I don't remember any shows that I had to cancel but there may have been one or two.

Overbook if possible, so when shows cancel, you have other ones to fall back on. If they all hold them congrats on your big paycheck.

LOL - do you notice it's all people from Michigan answering her question about bad weather?

I have only had to cancel one show in 7 years for weather, and we just moved it to a later day.

Someone talked about a Snow Day, where if it snowed on your party date, guests got a 10% discount on anything white.

Small town? Mine is population around 450. :D On a good day.

Just got to book in the other small towns around you. Send a book to work with your dh (Mom, Dad, sister, etc). Put up catalogs & the monthly specials on the bulletin boards in the grocery stores, gas stations, library. Do a booth for a craft show or your favorite charity (we have a Relay for Life team - and it's not just for publicity, but it helps get your name out).

Ask people to do an Internet Shopping Show (online catalog show). Offer a free SB to anyone who orders from more than 25 miles away. This will give you leads outside of your town.

Stay on top of your customer care calls, and ask for referrals.

Ask the library, or school sports teams to do a fundraiser.

There is a good training CD called Booking Strategies from the Pros that I just got, and it has some excellent tips.

got a little carried away, but hope this helps.

ChefBeckyD said:
LOL - do you notice it's all people from Michigan answering her question about bad weather?

;) Yup! Colorado people must be snowed in without electricity...

Sallie_M said:
;) Yup! Colorado people must be snowed in without electricity...

LOL! Good one Sallie!:D

There is a new consultant in my downline that lives in Missouri. Last month was her first month and she managed to qualify with multiple cancelations, ice storms, power outages and no online access for over a week. God bless her, I don't know how she managed. Her recruiter and I just tried to help her keep her spirits up by phone. What do we know...we live in Florida! Just by her showing last month I can tell that She's destined for greatness!

I live in an area where most of my shows, we have to go over some passes that requires chains if the weather is bad enough. luckily I havenet had to cancel any of my shows due to the weather though the last couple of yrs has been bad for snow until this yr.

I went through the same storms as the girl you mentioned in MO.
I also live in a small town. I do like Becky & some others; schedule business as usual & take it show-by-show. I'd never had to cancel before, & had to cancel 2 in December because of the snow/ice storms. They both just turned into catalog shows.

1. How can I get more bookings during the winter or bad weather?

In order to get more bookings during the winter or bad weather, it is important to be creative and think outside the box. Consider hosting virtual parties or offering special incentives for hosting a party during these times. You can also focus on promoting cozy and comforting products that people are more likely to purchase during the winter months.

2. What are some tips for booking parties in a small town?

Booking parties in a small town can be challenging, but there are a few things you can do to increase your chances of success. Consider partnering with local businesses or organizations to host joint events, attend community events and fairs to network and promote your business, and offer incentives for people who refer new party hosts in the town.

3. How do I convince people to book a party during the winter or bad weather?

One way to convince people to book a party during the winter or bad weather is to highlight the benefits of hosting a party during these times. This could include having a cozy and comfortable gathering indoors, trying out new recipes for cold weather, or having an excuse to stay indoors and avoid the harsh weather outside.

4. What are some popular products for winter or bad weather parties?

Some popular products for winter or bad weather parties include slow cookers, baking dishes, and cozy kitchen gadgets. These items are perfect for creating warm and comforting meals during cold weather. You can also promote products that are great for indoor activities, such as cooking and baking kits for kids or adults.

5. How can I make my winter or bad weather parties more unique and appealing?

To make your winter or bad weather parties more unique and appealing, try incorporating a theme or fun activities into the event. For example, you could have a soup cook-off or a hot chocolate bar. You can also offer special deals or discounts for hosting a party during these times to make it more enticing for potential hosts.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• cmackey
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
JoyfulChef
  • Tig
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
noelskitchen
  • lrnchef