• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Win $100 in PartyLite Products - Try the Pool Game!

In summary, Stacy's friend sells pools of 50 squares for $2 at their shows. At the shows, the host goes around filling out the squares before the day of the show. If the square is not filled, then the host draws for a square and the winner gets the square and whatever is available.
AmieCream
I got an idea from a friend that sells PartyLite. She gives out a Pool in her host packets. it's 50 squares at $2 a square. The host goes around filling out the squares before the day of the show. Then at the show I would draw for a winning square and they would get $100 in product (the money from the squares).

Has anyone done this before and was it successful?

I will send you a copy of this game if you email me [email protected] (I don't know how to attach things on here...I know I'm lame)!

Instead of clicking "post quick reply" click on "go advanced". You can thing to to manage attachments & upload files or pics.

I have done this with $1.00 squares. If they were not filled I have even given people the opportunity to finish buying up the squares at the show. Seems to work pretty well. People love the chance to get more for less. If it is not filled, then I still draw and the winner gets whatever is available but it has to be used at that show.

ahh...thanks stacy!!!

okay here you go! I actually found one I liked better on here (searched for files after I posted) So the one I'm attaching is already floating around CS.

Attachments

• PCPool.doc
    31.5 KB · Views: 455
I use this all the time. Some of my host have used 2 sheets one with $1 squares and another with $2 squares. People want to win so they usually buy from both sheets. I've had a host who did a $5 one and it worked well also. In my first 90 days, I had one going with 100 numbers @ $2 a piece so the winner automatically had a show and I got an extra show within my first 90 days. Go ahead and try it !!!

Never would have thought of a pool. What a neat idea! I am going to give this one a shot!

What a great idea and thanks for posting the pool! Just FYI, the word "by" should be "buy" in the 2nd line. :)

Question? Do you pay for the tax and shipping?

Is this legal? (gambling?)

Ann F said:
Is this legal? (gambling?)

i dont know if i think of it as gambling.
my first thought was that this is kind of like a raffle.
which - i guess that can be seen as gambling too ? :confused:

That sounds great, how do you think it would work with catalogs shows? It would help to get the sales up for the low catalog shows. I am going to try it out and see how it works.

I have done this with $3 a square so before the party ever starts it's already qualified. That takes a lot of pressure off the host as well as me. It seems a lot of people are willing to part with $3 for a chance at $150. I even had one host who did two of these LOL

Fluffy215 said:
I have done this with $3 a square so before the party ever starts it's already qualified. That takes a lot of pressure off the host as well as me. It seems a lot of people are willing to part with $3 for a chance at $150. I even had one host who did two of these LOL

So did you pay the s/h and tax if it was for someone who was not at the show or did you have the winner pay it?

Thanks for the idea... I know I only have 5 shows but I am trying hard! Hey I even won the "I beat my director in sales" ribbon for the month of July! So I want that ribbon again! I am trying to get in the 2 or 3 digits of shows as fast as I can! LOL

Last edited:
pamperedpals said:
Question? Do you pay for the tax and shipping?

i think that most guests come to parties expecting to buy products. so if they can walk away with $50-$150 (depending on the amount of squares sold) in free products - they probably wont mind forking out $4.25 shipping & a few dollars in tax. seems like a fair trade to me :D

I love this one--I'm going to use it for my next party!!! Thanks for posting

I"m not sure if some would consider it gambling! I thought of it like a raffle...but I figure I will include it in my Host Packets and if the host opts not to use it then no biggie from me. I just think it's neat for the hosts who stress about asking their friends to buy something during these times. it could give them reason to bring up their shows more often.About shipping, I agree with meghan...I think that most people will be overjoyed with free products. IF they complain i can tell them to use part of the money to cover tax and shipping.Let me know if it works for you guys or not!

I always include this in my hostess packet. When I talk it up during host coaching it goes over well. If I forget to mention it...it gets tossed aside and no one ever uses it. I have been using this for about 3 years now and I always charge the customer their shipping and tax. If they have already placed an order they can't put it on this, but can combine it with their previous shipping but still must pay tax (I have that line on the bottom that the winner is responsible for tax and shipping). I highly suggest that you include this as your host coaching. It works the BEST for hostess that work in large companies. Good luck!!

Love this idea!!! Have to try it!! Thanks

um, I was just thinking... there are 55 boxes in the pool... at $2 a box, that comes out to $110. If you are awarding $100, then wouldnt the extra $10 cover tax and shipping?

In mine, there are only 50 squares. And I live in NH so we do not have sales tax but no the winner would be responsible for sales tax and shipping. I look at it as who would not mind getting that much in PC items for so little? Sorry I didn't answer right away, been working every day and most nights :indif:

I just saved the flyer to my computer and changed it to $110 in free products! Thanks!

When click on the link it doesn't do anything....Does anybody else have this file in their computer?

Rachelle, if you go to "Files", and search for 'Pool', there are several that come up- the first few are blank, but keep checking.here is one: Pampered Pool docThere are at least 4 or 5 that I was able to open- some are slightly different (# of boxes different, more instruction, etc). So try a couple to find one you like.

esavvymom said:
Rachelle, if you go to "Files", and search for 'Pool', there are several that come up- the first few are blank, but keep checking.

here is one: Pampered Pool doc

There are at least 4 or 5 that I was able to open- some are slightly different (# of boxes different, more instruction, etc). So try a couple to find one you like.

Thank you Bobbi !!!

I used something like this for a bridal shower, they only sold about 50 ish tickets at $1 each, I had an extra trifle bowl that was the prize for the drawing and the bride got the amount collected towards her products. I don't view a raffle as gambling, especially when it all went to the bride. I love the idea though, I should use it more with my shows and see if there is any interest!

So if they don't end up selling all the squares what do you do? You promised the winner $100 (or whatever) in product, do you just cover it out of pocket? You can't NOT draw a winner since you "sold" the chance to people but I could see people getting mad if it's less than what they were told (never mind that whatever they get is more than what they put in!).

MLinAZ said:
So if they don't end up selling all the squares what do you do? You promised the winner $100 (or whatever) in product, do you just cover it out of pocket? You can't NOT draw a winner since you "sold" the chance to people but I could see people getting mad if it's less than what they were told (never mind that whatever they get is more than what they put in!).
I make sure that on the sheet it indicates "Up to $100"

Some of the sheets will actually say that the product amount would be for however many squares are sold. There are a few in the Files- so click till you find one you like and then tweak it to suit your needs. That's what I'm going to do, if I use them.

:cry:I couldn't get the file to open, i have never had a problem before:(

Hey I love this idea. But I have a couple questions:

Do only buying customers have the ability to buy or is it open to everyone? How about the hostess (or her husband etc? And can the hostess sell them outside the party....for example someone at her work doen'st want to spend anything so she isn't coming to the show but she buys a sqaure and wins? Just wondering!

diradt said:
Hey I love this idea. But I have a couple questions:

Do only buying customers have the ability to buy or is it open to everyone? How about the hostess (or her husband etc? And can the hostess sell them outside the party....for example someone at her work doen'st want to spend anything so she isn't coming to the show but she buys a sqaure and wins? Just wondering!

It's up to you how you want to do this or the host. In my opinion anyone who wants to buy a square can and then can order what they want with the pool money on that show and pay the difference if not enough there to cover. Some feel that it is a party perk so it's a call that you have to deal with and/or check with your host on how she would feel about it. The money does add to her show total so I don't think most hosts would have a problem with it and who knows it could give you more business too!

I offer this to my hosts, however I think it is best if the host opts out when it comes to purchasing boxes. Did a party once where the host purchased boxes and won. Crowd did not look too happy when she won. I feel that the host gets enough for free. Good to let someone else win. If the host really wants to win, have them purchase boxes under other family member names who are not present to win. Each box is filled with person's name and phone number - no one need to be present to win. ***The main thing to remember is that this is for the guest's wish list. Do NOT pick the box until everyone at the party has ordered.

Luv 2 Cook said:
:cry:I couldn't get the file to open, i have never had a problem before:(

with just one particular one or all of them? There are a couple of them that just give you the blank white screen. I found at least 4 that opened.

I was at a party where a similar game was played. Honestly, my friend and I didn't like it. We felt pressured into "buying" tickets. The consultant introduced the game and asked the host first to buy in. She bought 20 tickets for $10, the consultant tracked the "purchase" on a sheet and had you give her cash as you entered. She then went around the room asking each person if they wanted to contribute. I think it was $1 for 1 ticket and you got a discount if you bought more than 1 ticket. She then added up the $ in the pot and later drew a winner.

I thought it was cleaver that she already had $200 in sales before anyone even placed an order, but b/c my friend & I didn't like the approach not sure that I would play it at a show.

flemings99 said:
I was at a party where a similar game was played. Honestly, my friend and I didn't like it. We felt pressured into "buying" tickets.

See, I don't know that I'd do it as a game AT the show...but as a pre-show activity. It might give the host a fun way to hit up more people about her show, sort of a "hey I'm hosting a Pampered Chef show and my consultant is offering the chance to win up to $100 in Free Product, best part is it's only $1 a chance! And here's an invitation to my show too, I hope you'll join me!"

I definitely wouldn't do it as a show game only! I can see why you and your friend didn't like it!

I made the Pool only 50 squares but I paid the shipping for the person who won mine. It took me 3 months of booths to fill this so don't really count on it. While I thought from all the comments it would be easy, it was just the opposite! People did not want to "part with" the $2 even for a chance at $100 free!

1. How does the Pool Game work?

The Pool Game is a popular sales strategy used by PartyLite consultants. It involves creating a pool with 50 squares, each priced at $2. The host fills out the squares before the party, and then a winning square is drawn at the party. The winner receives $100 in PartyLite products, which is funded by the money collected from the squares.

2. Is the Pool Game a successful sales technique?

The Pool Game has been used by many PartyLite consultants and has been proven to be effective in boosting sales and generating excitement at parties. It is a fun and interactive way to engage guests and give them a chance to win a generous prize.

3. How can I get a copy of the Pool Game?

If you are interested in using the Pool Game at your PartyLite parties, you can email [email protected] and request a copy of the game. The consultant will be happy to share the game with you.

4. Can I customize the Pool Game to suit my party?

Yes, the Pool Game can be customized to fit the theme or style of your party. You can change the number of squares, the price of each square, and the prize amount to suit your preferences. The consultant can assist you in making these adjustments.

5. Is it necessary to have a PartyLite consultant for the Pool Game?

While it is ideal to have a PartyLite consultant to facilitate the Pool Game, it is not a requirement. If you are a consultant, you can use the game at your own parties. If you are not a consultant, you can ask a friend or family member who is a consultant to help you with the game.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• DebPC
  • Pampered Chef Sales
Replies
Views
janel kelly
  • candiejayne
  • Pampered Chef Sales
Replies
Views
PCgo2girl
  • mandydollie