• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Will My Saga W/ My Nightmare Host Ever End?

to her door. So I spoke to her sister in law on Saturday and asked her to have her call me. If she doesn't respect you enough to communicate with you, I wouldn't worry about turning her in!
babywings76
Gold Member
I've posted about this particular host a couple times. I guess I should've found the thread and connected it, but oh well. :rolleyes:

It went from being a Feb. show, to being a March show, to turning into a March catalog show. Then she needed an extra week from when she wanted to close the show. Then we finally got everything entered in and I gave her all the totals. She said she had all the checks from her friends and would mail them the next day. That was last Monday. I e-mailed her on Thursday, this is part of what I wrote her:

I was wondering if you had a chance to put those checks in the mail?
As of today they haven't arrived, so I can't submit your show yet.
Just let me know if there was a problem with anything or if you have
any questions about anyone's total amounts.

This what she wrote back:

No problem! I just threw them in 2 days ago. I was still waiting on two and I didn't want to send them separately.

It only takes 2 days for me to get mail from her area. So if that was the case, I should've had them that day. So they still haven't arrived. Now I'm worried that they got lost or she lied to me.

So I just e-mailed her this:

I just thought I'd let you know that the checks haven't arrived yet. I'm hoping they arrive in time so I can submit your show by Tuesday. Should we have your friends just pay with debit/credit cards? I can call them and get the info. Or we could put it on your credit card and have them reimburse you? What do you think we should do? If they want to just do credit cards/debit then if the checks arrive, I can just shred them or something. I just hope they didn't get lost in the mail. I'm wondering if you had my address right? xxx,xxxxxx, PA xxxxx?

Just let me know what you think we should do.

Hopefully, that covers all the bases and yet it doesn't accuse her of lying. So I wonder if she's going to write me back. This host also just had a purse party on Friday night. She had a very small catty show with me because she thinks her friends are all tapped out or were holding out because they planned to buy at her purse show. I'm also wondering if she just started planning and stressing over that party, that she didn't follow through with mine.

I too have a nightmare host...she has been a great host in the past..so this situation is SOOO frustrating! She hosted a November show - that she finally closed on December 15th - I had to drop by her house on Dec 19th to pick up a cheque to cover her balance + another couple of guests. $170 in total. Her items shipped, her cheque bounced :mad: and she promised me that she'd get me the money. Here it is 3 months later and she now won't answer my emails, voice mails - or the notes I've left stuck to her door. I spoke to her sister in law on Saturday and asked her to have her call me. I understand that this happens to everyone at some point in their life but please have the decency to call me back and make a plan to return what is rightfully mine. I called HO and they told me that they can't do anything - had not suggestions and told me it was between her and I. I specifically told her that this comes out of my grocery money and that it has nothing to do with PC...no response. AAAGHH! Anyone have any suggestions?

Go to your city's City Attorney's office. Writing a check knowing it will not clear (and it is your account, so you should know) is a criminal offense. I would nicely tell her via voicemail, then send her a certified letter of what you will be forced to do if she doesn't return your call, then do it! If she doesn't respect you enough to communicate with you, I wouldn't worry about turning her in!

lk in MO

Yeah, see I refuse to submit unless I have the checks in hand. I've heard too many horror stories about people not getting paid. It's too bad people have to be so dishonest.

Here it is 3 months later and she now won't answer my emails, voice mails - or the notes I've left stuck to her door. I spoke to her sister in law on Saturday and asked her to have her call me. I understand that this happens to everyone at some point in their life but please have the decency to call me back and make a plan to return what is rightfully mine.

I would tell her VIA HER SISTER that you are hoping to work this out before you have to turn her name in to the correct authorities for check fraud....I know this sounds harsh but she is obviously ducking you and at this point you can't worry about offending her--geez, she stole from you.

Well something finally worked since my last post I have received 2 emails from her! She apparently has had alot going on in her life and didn't have time in 3 months to call me. :eek: Finally - now my husband won't have to pay a visit to her house - which he was threatening to do!

902canadiangirl said:
Well something finally worked since my last post I have received 2 emails from her! She apparently has had alot going on in her life and didn't have time in 3 months to call me. :eek: Finally - now my husband won't have to pay a visit to her house - which he was threatening to do!

Isn't it amazing when people can't pick up the phone and take 2 minutes out of their day in a whole three months and resolve an issue?:) Hopefully you will get your money!

Michele, this is off topic, but you can't link your PWS in your signature here. HO monitors these boards and will contact you if they see it. If you want to include the info so that other consultants can use your PWS for ideas, just put ../PWSsuffix. And don't make it an active link.

I didn't hear back from her after I sent that e-mail. On Tuesday I called her on my cell phone while I was on my way to meeting with another host to close a show. She answered right away. (Probably answered because she saw it was a wireless caller--I bet if I had called from home and she saw it was me she wouldn't have answered. :rolleyes:)I told her that I wasn't sure if she got my e-mail the other day or not, but that the checks still hadn't arrived and was wondering what our next step should be. She then told me that she felt so bad... apparently, she had put the envelope in a stack of outgoing mail with her business stuff (she works at home) and her husband was supposed to mail them off. He heard my voicemail the other day and realized that he never got them mailed off. They had run out of stamps or something. She felt bad because her other DS party over the weekend went so well and was so easy and closed without any problems, etc. So now they got mailed and I should have them. She told me to call her Thursday if they don't arrive.So...they didn't arrive. Shocker. :rolleyes:I called her, just like she told me to and just told her they hadn't arrived. She started to sound bothered by it all. She said she's been really busy and her life is so crazy right now. She was like, "Well, all I know is they've been mailed and you should have them. I don't know what else to tell you." I told her that I guess we'll have to wait a day and hope they come, but that I was just calling her as she had requested me to. She said she's very busy and I should e-mail her on Monday (today) with news.So, no checks still, I don't know what to do. The host she booked from placed an order with a CC and one other guest is a CC. All the others are checks.She said that her friends are anxious to get their items. UGG!!!!!!! Do I tell her: at this point, I cannot submit her show. We need to have them pay by CC or put it on hers and have them pay her back. If checks arrive, I will shred them, or they can cancel them. Honestly, what on earth do I say now? She is either completely lying to me or the checks got lost in the mail, or stolen. I do not want to be bad-mouthed by her to all her guests. Plus I even got a possible booking from one of her friends. I have really been trying to be friendly and accommodating all through this saga with her. The previous host was nothing but kind and fun and easy. This is a nightmare for me.

Call the guests and apologize for the delay and inconvienence but it seems that their checks have been lost in the mail. Ask if they would like to pay by debit or credit and offer an apology gift (Season's Best or something - just say "a free product") to add to their order.

cmdtrgd said:
Call the guests and apologize for the delay and inconvienence but it seems that their checks have been lost in the mail. Ask if they would like to pay by debit or credit and offer an apology gift (Season's Best or something - just say "a free product") to add to their order.

Unfortunately, it's a catalog show and she didn't give me anyone's phone numbers or e-mail address.

I think at this point what I would do is send her an e-mail stating something along the lines of

Host,
I am so sorry to bother you about this again, but the checks have still not arrived. at this point I'm afraid we have to assume that the checks are lost in the mail. I truly want this to be as easy as possible for you and understand that you're very busy, if you can give me the phone numbers or e-mail addresses for your friends that ordered I can make a few quick calls and let them know their payments have been lost in the mail, and I can obtain alternate payment arrangements. That way you don't have to worry about it anymore. Hope to hear from you soon!

and then... if she gives you the information I'd find a way to let them know she is just now sending the payment so they know you're not at fault. Something like Host mailed me the payment on X day, and since I've still not received it we're assuming that they've gotten lost in the mail, and then let them know if you recieve the original checks you'll either pop them back in the mail to them or shred them per their instructions.

That way the host doesn't feel you're blaming her in the e-mail to her, and her friends KNOW who was at fault by you saying they were just now mailed. It's one way of showing the truth w/o you making her look bad to her friends.

That sounds great. Thanks for the help! :)

Well that went badly. She is mad at me. She wrote me a really long and nasty e-mail about how overbearing I've been. She did happen to find the envelope with the checks in her business cabinet. Apparently her husband still hadn't mailed it. She's had a lot going on. I know she has been stressed out, I should have just ended things with her sooner. I tried going by what she wanted to do. I need to bless and release this one. But I still feel horrible and am very upset right now. Maybe I'm too high-strung for this business. Maybe I'm too eager for a show, that I was insensitive to her circumstances. I'm very frustrated with myself.

I can't see where you have been overbearing.You did as she requested and while she may have a lot going on in her life that surely isn't your problem.

I'm sorry, but you notified her several times the checks had not yet been received, and she still failed to make sure they were mailed, her guests now have to wait an additional week (at least, since you still don't have the checks) to receive their orders, you offered her alternative solutions to close the show as quickly as possible - and she's mad at you?!

You're neither high-strung nor insensitive. I'm really bad at mailing things (REALLY BAD), but I know it's my own fault for not wanting to take 10 minutes to write out an envelope, add a stamp, then spend a few more minutes driving to the post office. I would never blame someone else who found the need to constantly remind me to do what I'm responsible to do. You're running a business, and she has no respect for that (surprising, since she runs her own business out of her home - would she accept the same tired excuses from her clients?).

I would call her and say I'm sorry she's upset, but it's not just you who is being affected, it is her guests who placed and paid for orders they expected to receive within two weeks of the show. If the checks have not yet been placed in the mail, she'll need to give you her credit card number to cover the orders, so you can close the show right now. If she insists the checks have been mailed, tell her you'll need the phone numbers of each paying guest, so if the packet is not received by Thursday you can contact them to get their credit card numbers, and also let them know the delivery has been delayed due to the checks being 'lost in the mail.' Don't hang up until you have either the phone numbers or her credit card information.

First off: {{{hugs}}}. You don't deserve the treatment you have received from this host. She has been manipulating you. Even if her life has been as crazy as she says, her lack of respect for your business and her sense of personal responsibility in this are overwhelmingly lame. Honestly, who would think it is okay to receive something that hasn't been paid for? At this point, I think you are right to want to bless and release.

Pleae don't feel so distressed or think you are too high-strung for this business. The way it sounds to me, you both care and value others. Nothing wrong there! Seems like you simply stumbled upon a person who is irresponsible and kinda mean. That is HER problem, not yours. I know it stinks to loose the sales, but smile and let it go.

leggy

Seriously?? Did she say she expected you to put in the order before receiving payment?? If not, then she must know that he longer it takes her to get you the payments...the longer it will take the show to arrive. How was she going to explain to here guests that the products didn't arrive?

Wow...yes, these are the people that really drag us down. You are not at fault. Something sounds not right here.

Think back to all your other hosts...have they expected orders to be submitted without payment? Common sense says that you need payment first. It was wrong of her to be nasty to you.

I notice many times people can't take responsibility for their own actions and they need to blame SOMEONE ELSE. Well, since she admitted that she found the checks STILL not mailed...well, it can't be HER fault...so it must be YOURS! :)

Do you have enough payments to even submit $150. At this point, if so I would tell her that you are going to submit it on this date and or the orders that you have payment for will go to another show. Explain to the customers that she wasn't closing and that you wanted to get them their products in a timely fashion. I have had a few hosts who have done the same thing. I just threated to give away their orders and they closed a little quicker. I am sorry! This sucks!

I would not think anymore about it. You have to remember, this is YOUR business. This is your JOB. When people don't pay for their order, you can't submit the show therefore YOU DON"T GET PAID! With any other business, if you don't send in the payment they will call you and do whatever needs to be done until they get it. They even take notes and follow up just like we do. I think she's done a real good job in getting you to believe that she's just forgot or misplaced that envelope. And now, you feel as if YOU"VE done something wrong. YOU HAVEN"T! You've done an excellent job following up and following directions. You've done everything she asked you to do. I hate to say it, but, if it was me, I probably wouldn't have been so nice. I would've told her about this being your job and the whole getting paid thing and that you're trying to practice good business skills to her and her guests. And you can't have this lingering on. She should have the payments to you by a certain date or you will assume the guests changed their mind, since you don't have any contact info for them, and the show has been canceled. You'll submit the orders for the ones who paid w/ cc and send her (the host) a T.Y. gift for collecting them but other than that there's nothing more you can do. If you have to, tell her you are your own boss and you choose not to do business this way. You also have a lot going on in your life and it's frustrating for you as well. You don't mean to sound harsh but she should take a step back and think about how long this has been going on. I'm sure this will make her even more upset - but - when it comes down to it - it's her fault. This is one that I would definitely not do another show with. And if for some weird reason she asked in the future - I would refer her to someone else. My business is too important to me to allow ONE host to get me discouraged. I choose NOT to get stressed out in this business. Remember, this business is what you make it. Don't let these circumstances cause you to throw it all in. From your posts, it seems as if you've tried and followed everything. THIS, TOO, SHALL PASS! :rolleyes:

babywings76 said:
She did happen to find the envelope with the checks in her business cabinet. Apparently her husband still hadn't mailed it. She's had a lot going on.

It's not you - it's the host. She's still refusing to take responsibility for her own actions, as indicated by the part I bolded. SHE can't go to the post office, or (heaven forbid!) put the envelope in her own mailbox to be picked up? She sounds like the type of person who has an excuse for everything, and is never at fault, even when she clearly is.

When you get the checks, if there are phone numbers on any of them, use those to call the people who placed orders and give them an update on the status. Unfortunately, some may take the opportunity to cancel their order. But you never know - maybe someone else will add to theirs, or book their own show.

What a nightmare!!! She is a blamer.. don't EVEN play into that thought process. It is everyone elses fault to her.. and that will not change. So.. just understand we deal with the public.. and some are not mature..just count your blessings that you are not that way!! Hold your chin up and this will be over soon!! The worst thing you could do is feel you are responsible.. Your job is to submit in a timely fashion to assure the "Guests" are taken care of. Her friends probably know excatly how she is..so relax and it will be over soon. I agree that you should let them know -you just received their check in the mail xxx date and you are letting them know that you are depositing the check and sending off the order..just for their info... (that is... when you get the checks) Then move on to more respectful hosts.....you are so patient!! Don't give up!!

babywings76 said:
Well that went badly. She is mad at me. She wrote me a really long and nasty e-mail about how overbearing I've been. She did happen to find the envelope with the checks in her business cabinet. Apparently her husband still hadn't mailed it. She's had a lot going on. I know she has been stressed out, I should have just ended things with her sooner. I tried going by what she wanted to do. I need to bless and release this one. But I still feel horrible and am very upset right now. Maybe I'm too high-strung for this business. Maybe I'm too eager for a show, that I was insensitive to her circumstances. I'm very frustrated with myself.

(((hugs))) Sorry she has been so hard to deal with. Is she close enough to go get the checks from her (sorry I can't remember)? I would be over sweet and nice. Once you do get the checks you will have more info about the customers that are ordering. I would write a sweet note to go with their receipts and give a gift to smooth things over with them. If they are close enough, have the order shipped to you so you can take the orders all put together, so this host won't have anything else to do but hand them out.

I would definitely have the Show orders shipped to yourself! No telling how long after she receives them will she "remember" to sort and give them out! I'd be afraid that they would lay around until she is "not too busy" to get them sent out. That is why we all need to get name/address/phone on each and every order. Use the "guarantee is not valid without the name and address and phone of the guest" line. I also had my Recruit tell a couple of hosts that knew that Shanda and her family were having a hard time financially that after the last day of the month, her commission is delayed two weeks and she really needs the money!Maybe in the future, you can give your Hosts that you can't go by after the Show to get their checks from the Show a self-addressed stamped envelope from you to mail the checks in. That would eliminate excuses of "lost the address", "didn't have a stamp", etc.! Sorry you have had to go through such a lousy Host!

Hosts like this are the reason I have put on my OOF's that orders cannot be processed without first and last name as well as a phone # or email. I MUST have a way to contact these people directly. I also STRONGLY encourage debit or Credit cards. I go over this in coaching especially with catalog hosts.

Hugs to you... not every host is like this!

I know I shouldn't think bad of people but on occasion it seems obvious to me, perhaps I can be a cynic at times. You have encountered a scammer and the only reason you have experienced her wrath is you did not fall for it.
You have been fantastic throughout all this and I appreciate the learning you have shared with me. The only lesson I believe worth taking from this is make sure you have customers full name and phone number on all future orders, (for your customer care calls)
Bless and Release

etteluap70PC said:
Hosts like this are the reason I have put on my OOF's that orders cannot be processed without first and last name as well as a phone # or email. I MUST have a way to contact these people directly. I also STRONGLY encourage debit or Credit cards. I go over this in coaching especially with catalog hosts.

Hugs to you... not every host is like this!

I really like this idea! Do you have a OOF that you can post?

I would guess that her nasty response came from embarrassment. I've noticed that many people respond with anger when they're embarrassed. We're a society that is incredibly uncomfortable saying sincerely, "I'm so sorry. It was my fault." Saying, "You idiot, it was your fault," is much easier for most of us.

Is is possible that, in your zeal, you were a bit insensitive? Possibly. Is any of this your fault? Absolutely not.

BlessedWifeMommy said:
I really like this idea! Do you have a OOF that you can post?

here it is.. I adapted it from one Carolyn (I think) posted about a year ago.

Attachments

• OOF 2per page generic.doc
    61.5 KB · Views: 359
etteluap70PC said:
here it is.. I adapted it from one Carolyn (I think) posted about a year ago.

Oh my gosh this is great...... THANKS!!!!

Thanks everyone for the support today. I really needed the hugs. ;)In her e-mail to me, she closed by saying that she was going to put it in her mailbox right after writing her e-mail. So hopefully, she did. If I don't get them, I'm going to contact the two orders that were paid by credit card that totaled $160 and see if they still would like to have the orders placed (one of those was the previous booking host--a relative to this host.) So I'm hoping it doesn't come to that.As far as shipping it to me, I'm afraid I can't do it. She lives far away from me and I have no idea where the people live that placed orders.This really has convinced me that I need to insist on getting names, phone numbers, and/or e-mail addresses from people. In the future, I will go over that in my host coaching--and that those numbers are strictly for guarantee purposes and that I won't add them to my contact list unless they request it when I make the customer care calls.I think I have been too eager to please hosts and keep things easy for them by not asking for that info. In the past I would just accept a name because they didn't have other info handy or didn't want to give it to me. I also didn't worry about outside order forms, because I thought it was inconvenient...they have to run off more copies if they run out, then I have to get them back somehow. I always provided them, but didn't make a fuss about them filling them out. I told hosts they could fill them out or just have them as a guide to when they had to calculate orders. What I find is that people still don't calculate orders correctly on them. So I like these OOF that you guys have shared here and in the past. I'm going to switch to using them. Now, how do you handle getting them back when the host lives far away and you can't/don't want to have to drive and pick them up?

babywings76 said:
Now, how do you handle getting them back when the host lives far away and you can't/don't want to have to drive and pick them up?

Enclose a self-addressed, stamped envelope in the Catalog Host packet next time - no excuses for not getting order forms/checks!

That's what I do, too. I put it in the host pack with a sticky note that says "Use this envelope to collect orders and payment." Then, at the show, I take off the sticky and tell the host to use it to mail me any after-show orders and checks, including hers.

I love the SASE idea. Thanks for sharing! (Ah, another reason I love this site!)

Flamingo said:
Oh my gosh this is great...... THANKS!!!!

Ok so my form does not always help... I had 8 outside orders ($300!!!) for my show last night NO PH#'s!!!! HELLO!!!!!!! GRRRRRRRRR

I just edited one that Becky D. shared (in the files it's called OOF-MINE, I think). I am also including this little blurb printed on bright paper and paper clipped to the OOF's with a SASE. Here are some Outside Order Forms. Please make more copies as needed. I will e-mail you the file as well, if it’s easier to just print more off.
• Full name and phone number are required for guarantee purposes
• If the information section is filled out completely, they will get a free Season’s Best cookbook with their order.
• Any after-show orders and checks can then be mailed to me in the enclosed envelope.I copied and pasted this blurb several times on one page and have just cut off one slip for each host packet.

babywings76 said:
I just edited one that Becky D. shared (in the files it's called OOF-MINE, I think). I am also including this little blurb printed on bright paper and paper clipped to the OOF's with a SASE.

Here are some Outside Order Forms. Please make more copies as needed. I will e-mail you the file as well, if it’s easier to just print more off.
• Full name and phone number are required for guarantee purposes
• If the information section is filled out completely, they will get a free Season’s Best cookbook with their order.
• Any after-show orders and checks can then be mailed to me in the enclosed envelope.

I copied and pasted this blurb several times on one page and have just cu
t off one slip for each host packet.

I have found that since adding onto the OOF the blurb about getting a free SB if their info is complete that I am getting alot more filled out forms! Amazing what a $1 cookbook can do! (and I just add them on to the hosts order and let him/her know who gets one.)

I'm really getting excited about this. Thanks Becky, for sharing it. Now, to just get some new hosts and look ahead to better experiences! :)

ChefBeckyD said:
I have found that since adding onto the OOF the blurb about getting a free SB if their info is complete that I am getting alot more filled out forms! Amazing what a $1 cookbook can do! (and I just add them on to the hosts order and let him/her know who gets one.)

oooohhhhhh I like this! And sending them an emailed copy so they can print more! AWESOME!

I am just now reading this..how unbelievable...

I cannot believe that she found them in a cabinet and then blamed you for being overbearing!

I love blaming things on my dh, then I can just say "oh, dh didn't do this, isn't that typical?" and laugh it off, which is what she should have done!
I don't know if I'd have the orders sent to me anyway, I"d definitely take the numbers though and watch the shipping status so you know when they were delivered and then make a "courtesy call" when you know they arrived to let them know. It's not YOUR responsibility to make sure the guests get what they ordered, it's the hosts. But, you can at least inform them of when she has her products since it's been so long since the show date to when they are actually going to get them.
What a pain!

The other thing you can do, if there aren't phone numbers on the checks, is to send a note or postcard to those addresses, letting the customers know that you submitted the show. Then they'll know to expect a call from the host in a week or so when the products arrive.

When you DO get checks from the customers- get their details off of the checks before you cash them. Most people have at minimum their address, usually even a phone number. I do that- just in case. It's not to spam them, it's just business! We are a business and I don't think they take that seriously. If you went to a store and they asked for your phone number with your check or whatever, you give it to them in order to do business. It's just the nature of doing business.I like the idea of the OOF with the fields required - and the blurb about getting a Seasn's Best for completed info would be cool too...I'll pay the $0.60-0.80 for one of those just to get the information I need.Good luck! Your bad experience does help the rest of us who haven't encountered it yet...so we can be prepared or help avoid them.

Okay, here it goes....Still no checks--it's been a week since her last nasty e-mail. I guess she is still mad and just didn't send them. I am debating what to do. I was going to e-mail her this (so that it is just stating the facts of the deadline and I can say she was fully aware of the restrictions), but am not sure I should:The checks haven't arrived. If you were wanting the orders to be submitted to receive the March host and guest specials, then the deadline for me to submit it is the 15th. If the checks still haven't arrived in time, I will assume you are not wanting these orders to get processed and I will cancel out the entries I've made for your show. Since the previous host that this one was booked off of placed a large order, I was thinking of calling her and saying this:Hi xxxxx. Well, I just wanted to let you know that it’s looking like xxxxxxx’s show isn’t going to be able to be submitted in time for it to count as a March show, because I haven’t received the checks yet for all her orders. I didn’t know what you would like me to do in regards to your order. I didn’t know if you were still wanting the items, and if you were wanting me to place your order with your 10% discount on its own. It's actually an amount that is really close to being its own catalog show. If you were wanting to tack on a few things or add another order from someone to get it to qualify as its own show, I could enter you in as the host and since you booked yourself at your last show, you could now get 2 of the host specials. Actually, you could even just have it be an April show at this point if you are more interested in our bamboo products.I just hate this mess and want to wash my hands of it. So do you think I should send this last e-mail to her and also call the other previous host? Or should I just call the previous host and not even bother with this host anymore?No matter what I do, it'll be wrong and bother-some in her eyes, so I just don't know what to do. But I just want to be sure I'm thorough and that she is aware of the deadline (it's in the fine print, but I'm not sure if I've told her the 15th was the deadline or not).

At this point, I think your best option is to contact the past host and just give her a heads up on why she hasn't received her stuff yet. If she's concerned, she'll contact the current host. Don't add fuel to the fire by telling her that the current host hasn't mailed you the checks, but give her some general information, like "I haven't gotten all the orders nor payment from current host." It is a good idea to let her know that she can make it her own show if she wants the March specials.So sorry this is still going on for you.

902canadiangirl said:
I too have a nightmare host...she has been a great host in the past..so this situation is SOOO frustrating! She hosted a November show - that she finally closed on December 15th - I had to drop by her house on Dec 19th to pick up a cheque to cover her balance + another couple of guests. $170 in total. Her items shipped, her cheque bounced :mad: and she promised me that she'd get me the money. Here it is 3 months later and she now won't answer my emails, voice mails - or the notes I've left stuck to her door. I spoke to her sister in law on Saturday and asked her to have her call me. I understand that this happens to everyone at some point in their life but please have the decency to call me back and make a plan to return what is rightfully mine. I called HO and they told me that they can't do anything - had not suggestions and told me it was between her and I. I specifically told her that this comes out of my grocery money and that it has nothing to do with PC...no response. AAAGHH! Anyone have any suggestions?

I had a similar situation from a host who bounced a $230 check on me. I found out that my bank will make collections on HER bank for the check. I just completed a collections form from my bank and they sent it to her bank. They then monitor her bank account for 30 days and when the check can clear they process it (minus a small fee) and send my bank a cashiers check.

I got $215 back from the $230 bounced check, after many phone calls, emails and stories from my host. Let your bank do the work for you!

Woohoo, Nancy I would love, love, LOVE to see her face when she sees the $230 out of her account. TOO darn funny!

What was the host's excuse when she bounced and didn't get the money to you and how long was it until you took the step with the bank that you did? How long did it take for funds to be in her account for her bank to 'grab'? I'm still chuckling here..:D

Amanda, I would just call the past host and apologize for the delay. Mention to her that there are still outstanding payments you haven't received from the current show and in two days time it will no longer be possible to submit it as a March show. Would she like to ____ or ____? (offering solutions like you mentioned).

I wouldn't bother contacting the past host at all. I can't remember from the original threads if there are orders with payment or not but if there are and you have their info, contact them about additional shipping or add to the past host's order. If there isn't info but there is payment, I'd submit those orders and send to current host as individual orders, if there is info but no payment I'd call them directly etc. But I'd be soooo done with this host!

kcjodih said:
Woohoo, Nancy I would love, love, LOVE to see her face when she sees the $230 out of her account. TOO darn funny!

What was the host's excuse when she bounced and didn't get the money to you and how long was it until you took the step with the bank that you did? How long did it take for funds to be in her account for her bank to 'grab'? I'm still chuckling here..:D

I was really bummed when the check bounced, as it was one of those situations when I knew it was going to happen and I let it happen anyway. When it bounced I called her for almost a month. Typical responses, sorry, I'm not that kind of person, I have the money, I'll get it to you...

I spoke with a friend who used to work in the banking industry and she suggested I get my bank to help. So about a month and a half later I filed the collection paperwork. I actually called her bank about 2 or 3 days later and asked if the check would clear and they said yes. They wrote a cashiers check that day and sent it to my bank. I was so happy to get the money I called DH immediately to let him know.

The funny thing is, I left her email on my NL list and she responded to my HWC request for pre-orders. She wants to gather orders for me! I'll let her do it, but no more checks from her!

AlowayFamily said:
The funny thing is, I left her email on my NL list and she responded to my HWC request for pre-orders. She wants to gather orders for me! I'll let her do it, but no more checks from her!

Or her debit card! :cool:

Amanda, I'd call the past host & offer the catalog show! I'd even give her the other cc order that you have if it would help her to make a show!

I'd also e-mail the deceptive host and let her know that you will not be able to submit her show as a March show, that the Pampered Chef deadline is the 15th and you don't see how you could get the checks, deposit them and have the funds clear in time to process the orders by the Pampered Chef deadline!

Okay, I'm mean ... I'd actually probably e-mail both of them on the same e-mail so they both know what you are saying to the other one! :D That would alleviate the deceptive host from lying to the past host about the hold up. ;) LOL

(((hugs))) Sorry you are still dealing with this mess!

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Diamond
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
bellakieu
  • chefsteph07
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
ChefPeg
  • Jolie_Paradoxe