• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Guest-Less Show Host Saga Continues!

In summary, the woman has been contacting the host asking for payment for items that were ordered but never received. The host has been trying to politely ask her to pay but she has refused.
northern_sunshine
A couple weeks ago I had a show where no one showed up. I drove 1 hr round trip to do the show and the girl knew -all day- that no one was coming but didn't call and tell me. She had no outside orders (still doesn't).

I think she just wants a friend, or doesn't understand boundaries. She invited my PC e-mail to add her to her MSN (I didn't add as I'm trying to avoid spam in that account). Then she added me to her Facebook. I added her because they get a denial notice if you decline and, well, I don't like to hurt people's feelings. :eek:

She messaged me on FAcebook about having another show and I said OK, but for end of Aug-Sept, she said fine. Then she said she needed new postcards and I said I would get them to her with the new paperwork (she wants a Sept show).

A few minutes ago she messages me asking if I have a printer. I say yes. She asks if I'll print something for her and send it to her. I asked if it was related to the show/our messages back and forth. She just e-mailed me back saying no it had nothing to do with the show/messages, but nevermind cause it was 17 pages long!!! WTH?

What do I do? I don't know this girl from Adam, other than the PC show thing. She seems to think I'm her new best friend or something. I'm a little creeped out and wishing I'd said no to another show. :confused:

Hmmm that is a strange and I would not know how to take it either. Is she going to pay you for the postage? I would maybe tell her you could print it but just mail it with her show package and if she needs it before then she will need to have someone else print it. Maybe that would get het to ask someone else. I am assuming that you will not be mailing her packet anytime soon since the show is aug/sept.

Run!!!!
As Fast As You Can!!!

Lol!

I feel for you Angela - I had one of those my first month. I think you're right in that she just wants a new friend. Good Luck!

Seriously now..I have a "friend" like that. We were casual acquaintences, and once I did a show for her (she actually HAD one)...she calls me 2-3 times a day. Just to talk, or whatever. I guess I have it coming, because I talkto her. She doesn't have a lot of friends, actually only like 2 or 3 good friends, so I guess I feel kind of bad for her. So, here's what I've done...always talk about PC...now I actually have her thinking of becoming a consultant. So, maybe you could try that??!?!? Just a thought!

That takes a lot of printer ink...tell her to download it to a thumbdrive or floppy and take it to staples.

Run away.... she is one of "those" that will hang on FOREVER! I have a "friend" that I NEVER call, email or contact in anyway, but she still calls me several times a week. She will talk on and on about herself... never asking about me or my family. I have to screen her calls now and not answer the phone.

PCJenni said:
Run away.... she is one of "those" that will hang on FOREVER! I have a "friend" that I NEVER call, email or contact in anyway, but she still calls me several times a week. She will talk on and on about herself... never asking about me or my family. I have to screen her calls now and not answer the phone.

Don't you hate when you have to do that?!?!?! I've done that before to the woman I spoke of before. I'm sorry, I just don't have time for her sometimes. I hate to be rude, but sometimes ya gotta do what you gotta do!

I had a show like this in the middle of June. It has still not closed. A couple outside orders before totalling about 50$. 2 people there - neither ordered. I have contacted two of her friends that expressed that they couldn't make it but would order and between the two of them they ordered 50$. She still needs 50$ to even qualify! It is mid July now! People are asking where their items are. I only have paymernt for the two I contacted. The outside orders from before wrote the check to the host and she was going to pay me. I have asked several times for her to send me a check or get me her c/c # so that when she does get the orders we can submit immediately. The guests that paid her noticed their checks have been cashed and feel really awkward that the show has not closed! I have tried everything I can think of to help her! Offered ideas on how to get orders, everytime I speak to her I am happy and upbeat and "on her side". I just don't know what to do! Plus she requested I add her to myspace. I did for the same reasons as sunshine. I have been reluctant to post about this situation because I hate complaining but i am at the point now where i just don't know what to do!!!! These people are waiting on her and it looks really bad on me! HELP!!!

She had messaged me to nevermind, it was 17 pages. Today she messaged me again asking if my printer had a lot of ink.

I messaged her back on facebook asking if it was something for the show (thinking maybe guest list, game or something). She seemed surprised that I, a PAMPERED CHEF CONSULTANT and COMPLETE STRANGER, would assume that when she asked me to print something that it would be for the SHOW she is going to have.

Nope, she wanted me to print 18 PAGES of PICTURES her friend had sent her before her computer deleted them!!! Because her printer was out of ink and she had no car and she'd "pay me back".

She's starting to creep me out a bit, can we say boundaries? :confused:

I've e-mailed my director about this, am I right in doing this?

Wow, she is definitely pushing the boundaries!! If I were you I would tell her that you can't do it because you use that printer for business purposes and can't be without it (risk using up your ink).

How is she going to get the pages from you if she doesn't have a car? Ugh. I feel for you being in this situation. I think it was a good idea to contact your director, even if it is just to get ideas on how to "drop" this lady. Good Luck!!

Oh, she was going to e-mail me the 18 pages for me to print and mail to her. :eek:

Brandi2007 said:
I had a show like this in the middle of June. It has still not closed. A couple outside orders before totalling about 50$. 2 people there - neither ordered. I have contacted two of her friends that expressed that they couldn't make it but would order and between the two of them they ordered 50$. She still needs 50$ to even qualify! It is mid July now! People are asking where their items are. I only have paymernt for the two I contacted. The outside orders from before wrote the check to the host and she was going to pay me. I have asked several times for her to send me a check or get me her c/c # so that when she does get the orders we can submit immediately. The guests that paid her noticed their checks have been cashed and feel really awkward that the show has not closed! I have tried everything I can think of to help her! Offered ideas on how to get orders, everytime I speak to her I am happy and upbeat and "on her side". I just don't know what to do! Plus she requested I add her to myspace. I did for the same reasons as sunshine. I have been reluctant to post about this situation because I hate complaining but i am at the point now where i just don't know what to do!!!! These people are waiting on her and it looks really bad on me! HELP!!!

Do you know of some that needs to put in a PC order? You could just add it to her show so she can reach the $150 mark. If not tell her you have to have it in by July 25th, and if she hasn't gotten anymore orders then you will just have to put the other orders on another party (or individual order) so they can get their products. Also tell her you need payment now for the other orders.

Gently let her know that Office Depot offers a service to print and deliver to her house for free (delivery only).

Ginny

I would let her know that your printer is for business purposes only as that is the agreement with your accountant (or something about how in order to write it off, it can only be used for pc business). then tell her what ginny said... good luck with this one! :)

Sounds like she needs a GOFOR not a friend , she has no car, she has no ink , her computer is down some times,she doesnt have many friends to come to a party . I say do what the last post said say you need to close out the party by a date of this month WITH FULL PAYMENT then if you are going to do a show for her in sept tell her you will send out the invitations ( evn if you don't usually do ) with 25 names .

Explain to her that this is your business and the only way you make money is to have xx amount of people there or it may be just easyer for her to do a Catalog party in Sept if she can't give you 25 names .

and about her wanting to have you print stuff This is a business computer and I only use it for that say yoou could never print that much cause it cost so much already for you printing reciepts and recipes for all the partys you have Thm move on from her

Last edited:
She can download the pictures to Kinkos w/o going there. They can print them for her and have Fed/Ex send it to her. This is so not your problem. I would never let anyone put my e-mail on MSN or any group, and I wouldn't feel the least bit bad for telling them. I would privately e-mail them and tell them that I don't want to be on any group, but she is welcome to e-mail me privately anytime. It isn't like this woman is going to be spreading bad vibes about you around. She apparently doesn't know anyone else.

Related to Guest-Less Show Host Saga Continues!

1. What is a "Guest-Less Show Host Saga"?

The "Guest-Less Show Host Saga" refers to the current situation where traditional in-home Pampered Chef parties have been put on hold due to the COVID-19 pandemic. In response, Pampered Chef has created a virtual party option for hosts to continue earning rewards and sharing products with their friends and family.

2. How does the "Guest-Less Show Host Saga" work?

As a Pampered Chef consultant, you can work with a host to set up a virtual party through a video conferencing platform like Zoom or Facebook Live. The host can invite their friends and family to attend the party virtually, and you can showcase and demonstrate products, take orders, and offer special deals and rewards.

3. What are the benefits of hosting a "Guest-Less Show Host Saga"?

Hosting a "Guest-Less Show Host Saga" allows you to earn rewards and discounts on Pampered Chef products, just like a traditional in-home party. It also provides a fun and convenient way to connect with friends and family, even while social distancing. Plus, as a host, you can earn extra rewards for every guest who attends and makes a purchase.

4. How can I become a host for a "Guest-Less Show Host Saga"?

If you are interested in hosting a "Guest-Less Show Host Saga," simply reach out to your Pampered Chef consultant. They can help you set up a virtual party and provide all the necessary information and resources. You can also earn free products and discounts as a host, so it's a great opportunity to stock up on your favorite Pampered Chef items.

5. Can I still host a traditional in-home party?

At this time, Pampered Chef is encouraging consultants to focus on virtual parties and the "Guest-Less Show Host Saga" as a safe and convenient option. However, you can still host a traditional in-home party if you and your consultant are comfortable with following local health and safety guidelines. Your consultant can provide more information and guidance on hosting in-person parties during this time.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
byrd1956
  • byrd1956
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
pampered1224
  • AshleyAllison
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies