• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Will My RSVP Disaster Ruin My Business Launch Show?

R
RScozzaro
I just started my business (SSI) and thought it would be a great idea to host my own show for the Moms at my son's preschool. Two weeks ago I made up really nice invitations and put them in all the kids' cubbies (27 total).

Well, the show is on Sunday (6/11), and I've had only seven RSVP calls. Only one was a yes, the other six were No's. I dont have phone numbers for any of the parents, and I just don't know what to do!

Should I set up for the show and hope that people come, or just call my one Yes and cancel altogether? What if I cancel with my Yes and people show up at my door? I gave all six no's a catalog, so there might be a chance for outside orders. I just don't know if I'll even make it to $150 to be considered a show!

UGH!
Rebecca

Can you call every one who has not RSVP'd? That is what I have my hosts do two days before the show. If no one is going to show then I would say turn it into a catty show.

I hope it ends up working out for you...

Also, welcome to chefsuccess and congrats on your new business.

The school does not give out phone numbers for "privacy reasons". I guess I'll just have to set up for a show at 2:00 and hang around. Worst case, I guess I'll just make the Veggie Antipasto Pizza for dinner!

I guess this was a classic newbie mistake. But from what I'm reading here, a lot of hosts have trouble with RSVPs, even from people they do know.

How about making reminder flyers and putting htem in the cubbies. These reminder flyers could have extra incentive like drawings for who gets free shipping, who gets 20% off, etc. Then go ahead and set up and have the show. You never know who might show. And dont' forget to invite all the teachers too. :D

Great idea Barbara! Also maybe put drawing slips on the reminder flyers so people can be entered in a drawing even if they can't attend, then called for a free show! Then you'll have their contact info for the future.

What does it mean to call them for a "Free Show"?

Offering a free show to me is they don't have to pay for the ingredients.

I agree with the reminder flyer, maybe you could throw in something about a Mystery Host show. This is were they by a set $ per ticket to win the host benefits. I gave away the SS mixing bowls at my show in March it was a $700 show.

I had kind of the same case happen to me. I had my own cooking show my first month and had invited about 20-30 people and only 3 showed up. I did have a $200.00 show or so but I didn't do any reminder phone calls or ask them to RSVP so that was my biggest mistake. I would just keep your show and maybe more people will show up. I think doing the invitations to the mom's of preschoolers was a great idea. Also welcome to PC. Chef Success is a great place to get ideas.

Princess said:
Offering a free show to me is they don't have to pay for the ingredients.

So the host is to normally pay for the cost of food? What if they want more than what you are making at the presentation?

If they want to put out more than what you are preparing they are welcome to put out whatever they want - chhips, dips, etc...but THEY pay for the food.

This is a great way to learn how important it is to PERSONALLY invite at least 40 people. Many of these people may not know you, so they have no incentive to respond promptly. Assume they are not coming and invite more people. How about moms from the church nursery? neighbors with kids? playgroup moms? Good luck. If you have five moms and two kids each, you'll have a crowd - not a great show total, but more people than you might know what to do with....

Show UpdateI ended up putting reminder cards in all the cubbies on Friday. I did not get even one more call, and I know that some parents got the cards because the kids were in school that day! Anyway, I kept my show on - only two people showed!

That was OK for my first show, though. I think that just getting over the "first show hump" is a success for me.

Both guests ordered and BOTH booked shows!!! - one for July and one for August. Total Show sales so far: $144 (4 orders). I know I have at least one more solid order coming in, so I'll make the $150 to call it a show.

I have to be happy about the bookings and not so concerned about the sales at this point. It would be nice to make SSI bonus, but the products aren't going to keep my business moving forward - bookings will.

And best of all - I had FUN up there!!! Thank you all for your suggestions and encouragement. I love this board!

Success to All,
Rebecca

Good for you!

Related to Will My RSVP Disaster Ruin My Business Launch Show?

1. What should I do if I have very few RSVPs for my business launch show?

Having low RSVPs can be discouraging, but it's important to remember that not everyone will be able to attend. Instead of canceling the show altogether, consider reaching out to the parents who have not yet responded. You could send a reminder email or ask the teacher to mention it at drop-off or pick-up. You could also post a reminder on the preschool's bulletin board or social media page. Additionally, you could set up for the show but be prepared for a smaller turnout.

2. Should I set up for the show and hope that people come?

It's ultimately up to you, but setting up for the show and hoping people will come is a risky move. You may end up investing time and resources for a small turnout. However, if you have already invested in the show and have products on hand, it may be worth setting up and utilizing the opportunity to showcase your business to those who do attend.

3. Should I just call my one Yes and cancel the show altogether?

Canceling the show altogether may not be the best decision. Instead, consider reaching out to the one person who RSVPed yes and see if they have any friends or family who would be interested in attending. You could also ask if they would be willing to spread the word to other parents at the preschool.

4. What if I cancel with my Yes and people show up at my door?

If you do decide to cancel the show, it's important to communicate this with the one person who RSVPed yes. You could also leave a note on your door or send out a mass email to the parents letting them know the show has been cancelled. This way, anyone who may show up at your door will be aware of the cancellation.

5. What if I don't make enough sales to meet the minimum for a successful show?

While it's understandable to be concerned about meeting the minimum sales for a successful show, don't let it discourage you. Even if you don't reach the minimum, you still have the opportunity to showcase your business and potentially gain future customers. Remember, every opportunity to promote your business is valuable, so don't be too hard on yourself if the show doesn't meet your sales expectations.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• ChefJoyJ
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
ChefJoyJ
  • lsm72
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
dannyzmom
Replies