• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Need Advice for Hosting a Successful Cooking Show - RSVP Dilemma

In summary, Lisa is having a cooking show and has invited people through email, postcards, and phone calls. However, no one has RSVP'd. Lisa is concerned that people will not come and has decided to try to reschedule the show.
lsm72
I have a cooking show booked for April 28th. My host gave me a guest list nearly 60 people long. I invited folks three different ways: through email, postcards, and phone calls. Despite that no one has RSVP'd. Now I understand that we're still over a week away from the show but I'm concerned that people will not come.

Should I:

1. Turn this cooking show into a catalogue show if people still don't RSVP by next week or;

2. Keep bugging people about the 28th cooking show; or

3. Reschedule w/my host for another time

Maybe I'm too impatient.....sigh. Advice anyone?? Please keep in mind I'm a new consultant and this will only be my 2nd show outside of my open house that I had last weekend (out of 30 people, only 2 showed up...). What am I doing wrong or not doing at all???

HELP! :confused:

Thanks!

Call the day before to remind everyone of the show. Remind them that if they cannot attend they can still order.

Do you have a PWS (website) yet? If so, let people know that if they can't attend they can still place an order using your website.

Thanks Tasha. Yes, I have a PWS but I'm under the impression that people can't order online (via my PWS) until I qualify which I have yet to do since I just started PC 3 weeks ago. Is that correct?

Lisa, I would say to not give up so easily! I agree with Tasha, make reminder calls...see what happens! In today's society, I've noticed that a lot of people do not RSVP, and just show up. It makes it difficult for us, so you just have to be prepared to have a great show!! Have your host make some follow up calls, too! Good luck, keep us posted!!

Lisa,
I'll jump in for Tasha in case she's not around.....
You can receive orders as part of a show, you just can't receive individual orders on your PWS until you qualify.
Do the show unless your hostess decides to cancel. Her "people" just may not be the RSVPing type. :)

Thanks! I'm not giving up but man, this is harder than I thought it would be. On a good note, I got a call from my hairdresser today - she wants to host a show with me in June AND she's asked me to drop off a catalogue at her salon for her customers to look at while they're getting their hair done. Works for me. Your advice (all of you!) is valuable...thanks again!

lsm72 said:
Thanks Tasha. Yes, I have a PWS but I'm under the impression that people can't order online (via my PWS) until I qualify which I have yet to do since I just started PC 3 weeks ago. Is that correct?

They can order from a show. So set up a show for this host with an online show and make sure to email everyone saying "if you can't make it to the show you can order online at .... "

What they cannot do is an indivual order until you qualify.

Thanks for the clarification, Jen. That makes more sense.....

Tasha/Jen - Gosh, I feel so dumb. How do I setup a show online? I know how to do everything within Pampered Plus but I know PWS and PP are two different things.

Nevermind....I figured it out. I love the PC website....tells you exactly what to do! LOL....

Its ok, I also wondered the first time and I try to remember to tell someone how to do it when I know they've never done it before. I'm falling down on the job and not even drinking tonight.

lsm72 said:
Nevermind....I figured it out. I love the PC website....tells you exactly what to do! LOL....

Word of advice....make sure that you set the show "closing" date on the PWS a couple of days past the real closing date...otherwise, if someone wants to order, that show might already be dropped out of your PWS. I learned that the hard way. I hope you understand what I mean. If not, let me know and I'll clarify better.

Ah, what a great tip! Thanks....

LOL Tasha! So how did you get into PC? I love hearing everyone's stories.

You have plenty of time to still have a GREAT show!

I would make sure that the hostess has called everyone to tell them to save the date. You can help make these calls, but they really need to be personal so guests know the hostess really wants them there and isn't just asking everyone.

Make sure the hostess doesn't make too much extra food. That is the kiss of death when it comes to bookings for you.

Then she needs to call the day before to remind them to bring a friend and they'll get a gift. (this can be a $1 cookbook that you add on to a show if you don't have any door prizes). Calling 3-4 days early does not count.

My show average went up almost $250 when I applied these steps and they were all learned from a cd!

great advice. thanks elaine...

Last edited:
lsm72 said:
LOL Tasha! So how did you get into PC? I love hearing everyone's stories.

LOL. A freind had a show & she and I signed up. She has since quit and I'm a hobbyist. I have tons of fun with this forum and I'd probably be better paid to do stuff for PC rather than the sales end.

Also make sure the dates for the show are all in the same month. So if the show is for this month do it from now until the last day of april. Or earlier - at least 2 days past the date you want to close on as the show (show closes at midnight on the selected day - so if you pick the 5th - at midnight as it becomes the 5th the show will no longer appear). Did that make sense? This caused me no end of problems for my first couple of shows - making sure show dates were all within the month & that the close date was a couple days after the real date.

Any time! I hate when host over invite that much. I had a host invite 80...4 showes, but she had food for 50....grrr.

Tonight's we made a trifle and she had laid out before the show strawberries w/ cool and creamy choc fondue. That is it. I left it at $460 with 2 solid bookings, 1 most likely registry (and shower), and sales should double if not triple.

Don't give up on this show. You can have a huge show if she understands that guest want and need a personal invitation. Not just the material one that you invested in by sending out the card for her.

I really want to hear how this turns out! I bet it wll be hot if you get her excited! Tell her to make a huge wish list because you heard that with this many guest she will be rakiing in the products if she just invests about 20 minutes into making reminder calls.

Thanks Elaine! I'll keep you gals posted. My first catalogue show closes this Friday w/over $400 in sales - not bad. I have three purchases from my open house last weekend that total $200 so I'm off to a good start.

Chefgirl2 said:
Make sure the hostess doesn't make too much extra food. That is the kiss of death when it comes to bookings for you.

This has been the biggest issue for me as of late -- peopl ein this area all try to out-do each other with the spreads they lay out. It's KILLING me and when I ask them not to, they say "What kind of host doesn't put out a huge spread?" ARGH!!!

Related to Need Advice for Hosting a Successful Cooking Show - RSVP Dilemma

1. How do I choose the right cookware for my needs?

There are a few key factors to consider when choosing cookware. First, think about the types of dishes you typically make and the size of your household. This will help determine the size and material (stainless steel, non-stick, etc.) of cookware you need. You should also consider your budget and make sure to invest in high-quality, durable pieces that will last. Our Pampered Chef consultants are happy to offer personalized recommendations based on your specific needs.

2. What is the best way to clean my Pampered Chef products?

The best way to clean your Pampered Chef products will depend on the specific item. Generally, most of our products can be washed with warm soapy water and a soft cloth. For tougher stains, you can use a non-abrasive cleaner or our Cleaning Paste. Be sure to avoid using metal utensils on non-stick surfaces and always follow the care instructions provided with your product.

3. How can I host a Pampered Chef party?

Hosting a Pampered Chef party is easy! Simply reach out to your local consultant or visit our website to find a consultant near you. They will work with you to choose a date and time that works best for you and your guests. As a host, you'll enjoy free and discounted products, as well as the opportunity to earn rewards based on your party sales.

4. Can I use my Pampered Chef products in the oven?

Many of our products are oven-safe, but it's always important to check the specific product's care instructions to be sure. For example, our stoneware and metal bakeware can typically be used in the oven, while our silicone products should not be exposed to temperatures over 450°F. Again, our consultants can provide more specific information on individual products.

5. Are there any recipes that work particularly well with Pampered Chef products?

Absolutely! Our website and social media channels are full of delicious recipes that are specifically designed to be made with Pampered Chef products. We also offer a variety of cookbooks and recipe cards that you can purchase to expand your cooking repertoire. And of course, our consultants are always happy to share their favorite recipes and tips as well.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• ChefMJ
  • Pampered Chef Support Group
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • JackieB999
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • DZmom