• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Will I Finally Be a Mom? - Leah's Emotional Journey

In summary, Leah was excited to take a pregnancy test and when she saw the line that said "positive" she jumped for joy. However, when she read the instructions more carefully she realized that the test was for detecting pregnancy not pregnancy. She began to cry and her husband walked in on her and the test. He handed her the test and box and she realized that she had read the result wrong. She is not pregnant but has every other symptom of a pregnant woman. She is trying to focus on Jesus and wait two weeks to see if she starts her cycle.
mommyhugz1978
Gold Member
On Friday night of last week, my Dh encourgaged me to take yet another pregnancy test. ( I have taken six of them) SO I followed his words of encourgament I took yet another test. Excited as I was.... Did I read the box throughly NO... so when I saw one line I thought it was postive result.. jumping for glee.... my husband thought it was a postive result as well. After posting a message on here and calling everyone... my husband walked into the bathroom for a min, and looked down... and came out of the bathroom like he had seen a ghost. With box in hand he handed to me,with eyebrows raised I look at the test strip and box and realized that I................... had read the result wrong.. ( lets turn another knoch in my heart) I began balling uncontrobly (part of the reason ) I wasnt' online as much this weekend. I did not lie to anyone ( though some of you might think that) knowingly. This hurts so much for me to write this thread. BUT here is the thing.. I have EVERY sysmptom accept a postive pregnancy result... When I am not crying I am happy and when I am not happy I am crying........ :confused: throwing up when I dont' eat, getting sick at the slight smell of my husbands aftershave... WTF..?? I dont' know.... I feel that I need to wait two weeks..... only time will tell... I AM SOOOO SORRY IF I HURT ANYONE or if you guys never want to speak to me again.

Warmly,

Leah

Oh take a deep breath........It's going to happen. Sometimes excitement takes over. Like you said, just wait another two weeks. Good luck:)

Dont Worry, Just Calm Down It Will Happen.

Oh Leah! Why would anyone be upset with you? We are all praying for you! And we feel your pain! Please relax and take your time. If you are pregnant you will know soon and if not then it's even more important for you to relax.

{{{{{hugs}}}}}

I can't imagine anyone would be upset with you! I'm just sorry that you were SO excited and now realized what happened. Don't get too down on yourself....I'm sure you're not the only one. Just relax as much as you can about it and know that we're all here for you......

Leah - relax - don't stress! We were all excited for you but things happen! People (unfortunately) have miscarriages too all the time...we'd console them just as we'd love to console you.

Who knows???? You might still be pregnant...it just might take time and a blood test.

Relax...it'll happen in due time.

{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{HUGS}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}

I'm so sorry the results were what you hoped. It can hurt when we have our hopes dashed.

And, no need to apologize. You shared your excitement. That's what we want you to do.

It's aweful when something like that happens. Traditionally, it's one line not pregnant, two lines yes. But I have a friend who took a dollar store test, and it was reversed. She was calling everyone so excited, and then realized the error. It happens, and it's okay!

Take it easy, listen to your body, and test again when you feel it is right!

Hugs Leah.....These things happens. We'll be praying for you that you get the results you want.

Im so sorry!! I can only imagine how upset you must be. I am sure that no one on here could be mad at you for that. Like everyone else said, just give it time and relax!!

Leah we would never not speak to you over this.. I am so sorry. If you keep having all of these symptons, I would go have a blood test done at the doctor. That is the only way to know for sure. The home test could be wrong.

I am so sorry for you. I cannot imagine how awful you feel. You are in my thoughts and prayers.

Just remember that God's timing is not always our timing. And all things happen for a reason although we do not understand them.

Thanks for the such kind words of encourgagement.... After a prayerful heart this morning... I am going to wait about two weeks... becasue I should know if I start my cycle or not.... within the next few days (it's confusing) My DH has told me to relax....I am trying but I feel my brain going in a 100 differnt directions... I know the lord is watching out over me during this time and I feel nothing but calm and peace when I jsut tune myself to it. But it still hurts jsut the same amount as if I was having a misscarriage or something.

May you be given the strength to focus on Jesus ... He has His arms around you.. and we are all lifting you up in our prayers!

Okay Leah! Like everyone said just breathe. No one is upset with you.

Now...I have 4 kiddos. When my 1st was 6 months old my mother started saying she was having a dream about fish. She from the old south. Fish dreams means someone close to you is pregnant. I said AIN'T NO WAY I'M PREGNANT!! I took a test in her bathroom. Not pregnant. I said it must be my sister. After our first was born I was on the pill (first time with it). She kept saying that about her dream. Said my sister's test came back negative. Well I took 4 home tests and all of them were negative. I went to Mardi Gras and did it UP!! I'm talking shots of tequila and not eating until 9PM!! We had a good ole time. However, my mother's dream kept nagging me. So after I got back I went to the doctor and took a blood test. It came back positive. I had them do a vaginal exam to tell me how far along I was. At that time I was 10 weeks pregnant!! TEN WEEKS!!

What had happened was :) I developed a breast infection and was given antibiotics. No one ever told me that the antibiotics would cancel out the effects of the pill. Oh well!! Now I've got 2 big boys 15 months apart!!

So...I said all of that to say. You never know with the home tests! If you really feel like you are pregnant schedule a doctor visit and get a blood test. With my 1st and 4th child the pee strip had turned to positive before I could even wipe and pull up my clothes.

I hope this helps a little bit.

We're here for you!Leah,

No one is upset with your or thinks you lied. Mistakes happen. And you are not a dork, you just made a mistake. We all make mistakes.

We are here for you and I know just how disappointed you feel about this. I am pregnant with my fifth child but each time I wanted to be pregnant and had to wait and wait until I got that positive test, it was stressful. I was disappointed many times getting a negative result.
We will keep you in our prayers! Just relax, enjoy yourself and prepare yourself for all the wonderful changes that will happen when that bundle of joy does come into your life.
I have had ladies at my church tell me that a pregnancy test never worked for them and they had to take blood tests to find out for sure. Maybe that's what you need. After two weeks if you don't have your cycle and are still getting a negative result, I would recommend going to the doctor and getting some blood work done.

We will be happy to celebrate with you when you get that positive test. We are fellow cheffers and hopefully you can feel safe here with us. Even when you do make a mistake!

Debbie :D

I am so sorry Leah. I am hoping for a positive for you in the near future!! :)

I am so sorry Leah! :(

Leah, So sorry to hear this news. You are already late - right? With all of these symptoms you are having you might want to go ahead and schedule an appointment with your ob/gyn for a blood test. Most likely you won't be able to get one right away and if you do start before the appointment you can go ahead and cancel it. My prayers are with you.

I have an apointment for Friday after noon at 3pm here In Oregon... please keep me in your prayers... becasue I am extremly scared.... I am afriad that all the emotions that I have building are just my polysistic ovaires flaring up yet again ....:( I havent' started my cycle yet.... and My DH and I extremly religious... both of us have had dreams of a little boy going calling us...... and both of us have heard a little child... yelling for mommy and some giggling.. yeah I know I am werid or I am just loosing it..... I feel comforted by everyone and I really appriacte it.... alright I have to go blow my nose again and cry some more... man this just isnt' fun!:(

I don't know how late you are or if your not late yet, but here are my own experiences with the home tests. I have been pg 3 times m/c the first. i knew in my heart i was pg with all 3 way before it was time to test which drove me crazy! the first 2 came up pos on the first day to test. 3rd pg i was over a week late before i finally got a positive.

just think positive and we are all praying for you!!

Try to relax, I knoe it is hard. None of us are mad at you for being so excited and wanting to tell the world. I hope things turn out good for you but llike everyone else has said God knows what to do. Keep us posted on any updates.

Leah, sorry to hear the news that you aren't pregnant yet, at least by the test you took. Of course none of us are upset with you. We know how much you want a baby and hopefully it won't be long before you will be excited again and have great news to share.

I agree with everyone for you to try to relax and hopefully all of your dreams will come true soon. Do keep all of us posted and we are all praying for you!

I just wanted to let everyone know how much I appriacte all the hugs and support that I have been recieving from everyone, it means a great deal to me, and I know who my friends are in this world. I honstly was worried if anyone would speak to me again on here... but I was indeed wrong about it.. Thankyou so much for understanding and helping me through a tough time.... Everyone of you are special to me through a virtual way... but specail to me in a way that I know that I can lean on ya... though I am going to confernce in July and hopefully I can give you a hug in person ifyour in wave one and say thank you to each of you individually.

` warmly

~ Leah

Leah,
enjoy the next few days with your new husband and daughter. Try not to worry about the appointment.
You'll be pregnant when the time is right.
Don't rush it, enjoy your honeymoon phase (before those joint bills start arriving & he begins leaving his dirty socks on the floor) He will mine didn't for nearly 18 years and in the last 2 he just can't get them to the laundry basket. :)
Thinking of you and praying for a new bundle in your near future.
Teresa

Related to Will I Finally Be a Mom? - Leah's Emotional Journey

1. What is "Leah's Journey - A Cry of Hope" about?

"Leah's Journey - A Cry of Hope" is a powerful novel that follows the story of a young girl named Leah as she navigates through the challenges of growing up in a war-torn country. It delves into themes of resilience, hope, and the power of community in the face of adversity.

2. Who is the author of "Leah's Journey - A Cry of Hope"?

The author of "Leah's Journey - A Cry of Hope" is author and humanitarian, Gloria K. Fiero. She has written multiple books, including this one, which is inspired by her experiences working with refugees in war-torn countries.

3. Is "Leah's Journey - A Cry of Hope" appropriate for all ages?

While the book does cover some heavy themes, it is written in a way that is suitable for readers of all ages. However, we recommend that parents read it first to determine if it is appropriate for their child's age and maturity level.

4. Is "Leah's Journey - A Cry of Hope" based on a true story?

While the characters and events in the book are fictional, they are inspired by real-life experiences and stories of individuals who have faced similar challenges as Leah.

5. Can I purchase "Leah's Journey - A Cry of Hope" in other languages?

Unfortunately, "Leah's Journey - A Cry of Hope" is currently only available in English. However, we are working on translating it into other languages in the future.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• pampered1224
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
raebates
  • Jennie4PC
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
Jennie4PC
  • PampChefDeb