• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Why Would Guest Sales Be More Than Comm Sales?

If the current host ordered the host special & the past host's order was over her free product value, then the difference wouldn't be exactly the amount of the special.
jrny2001
Silver Member
I'm closing out a show and p3 has my guest sales as $507.90 and my comm sales at $496.15. How can this be? It doesn't make sense to me:confused:

Booking benefits, host specials and half-price items are not commissionable sales, but Booking benefits/host specials are guest sales for the host. It's probably a half price item or something

If a past host bought the monthly host special, then it will show up as guest sales for the current host. But it does not count towards your commission.

I just looked closer at the difference. It is 10 something. That is how much the salad choppers would be for the host special on the booking benefit.

jrstephens said:
I just looked closer at the difference. It is 10 something. That is how much the salad choppers would be for the host special on the booking benefit.

That or if a past host ordered the host special & the current host's order was over her free product value, then the difference might not be exactly the amount of the special. The host's order over the free product adds to our commissionable sales & might make the difference between the guest sales & commissionable sales less.

The past host ordered the salad & berry spinner as did this host. Also the host only went over her free stuff by .50 (haven't had any big spenders lately;) )
I can't figure it out.
Thanks for trying to help.

jrny2001 said:
The past host ordered the salad & berry spinner as did this host. Also the host only went over her free stuff by .50 (haven't had any big spenders lately;) )
I can't figure it out.
Thanks for trying to help.

The reason for the difference is because you had a past host order the salad and berry spinner/host special which goes towards guest sales but not towards commissionable sales.

Related to Why Would Guest Sales Be More Than Comm Sales?

1. Why are guest sales sometimes higher than commission sales?

Guest sales can be higher than commission sales for a few reasons. One possibility is that guests may purchase more items or more expensive items than the host, resulting in a higher total sales amount. Additionally, guests may be more interested in certain products or have a specific need for them, leading to more purchases. Another factor could be that guests may not be as familiar with the products and prices, so they may be more likely to make impulse purchases.

2. Is it common for guest sales to be higher than commission sales?

Yes, it is not uncommon for guest sales to be higher than commission sales. In fact, this is often the goal of a Pampered Chef party - to have guests make purchases and help the host earn free or discounted products. The more successful the party, the higher the guest sales may be compared to commission sales.

3. How does the host benefit if guest sales are higher than commission sales?

If guest sales are higher than commission sales, the host can earn more free and discounted products based on the total sales amount. The host can also earn host rewards, such as exclusive products or discounted items, based on the total sales amount. Additionally, a successful party with high guest sales can lead to future bookings and potential commission for the host.

4. Can the host still earn commission if guest sales are higher?

Yes, the host can still earn commission even if guest sales are higher. Commission is based on the total sales amount, so the higher the sales, the higher the commission earned. The host can also earn commission on their own purchases, as well as any purchases made by guests who become future consultants.

5. How can the consultant encourage higher guest sales compared to commission sales?

There are a few ways a consultant can encourage higher guest sales compared to commission sales. One strategy is to offer special deals or promotions for guests, such as bundle deals or discounted items. The consultant can also showcase the benefits and features of products and offer suggestions for how they can be used. Additionally, creating a fun and engaging atmosphere at the party can make guests more likely to make purchases.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• SilverCeladon
  • Pampered Chef Sales
Replies
Views
Kitchen2u
  • Tara1021
  • Pampered Chef Sales
Replies
Views
PamperedK
  • turtle15