• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Why Is Rude Behavior So Common Today?

In summary, people are so rude on the phone that it's really frustrating for the person doing the calling. The person who was hung up on was the one who had asked to be called. The person who answered the phone rudely hung up on the caller without any explanation.
Chef_2_Four
Why are people so stinking rude!! I'm doing my calls and the daughter answeres the phone and the mom decides she doesn't want to talk to me so she hangs up on me!! SHE was the one that said she was interested in a show. This is the 2nd time in a month! Tell me no, you don't have to be rude!!!

Some people are just that way. Maybe the next one will be super nice and have a great show for you!

This is my largest PC pet peeve ever! I absolutely cannot stand when people are all put out that you called them!! What did they think you were going to do when they write down there number and that they were interested in a show. No, I wasn't going to call you to do anything about YOUR wishes, I was just asking for my freaking health!!

Sorry- I have some pent up anger about that! I found that it is worse when you are doing a drawing (I got 100+ leads from a fair where they were entering for a stir-fry skillet). I think some people say yes or maybe because they think it increases their chances.

gilliandanielle said:
Sorry- I have some pent up anger about that! I found that it is worse when you are doing a drawing (I got 100+ leads from a fair where they were entering for a stir-fry skillet). I think some people say yes or maybe because they think it increases their chances.
That's absolutely the case at fairs. That's why I usually give away a "free" cooking show. I may get fewer leads, but at least everyone who enters is at least a little interested in a show. And I can give away more than one if I really need to fill my calendar. ;)

well I actually got to speak to about 4 people. They are all still interested but not right now. One lady wants me to call her tomorrow so...I will! I think it will help too when I have my tax free thing because whoever books a show gets to get a sneak peek at the new catalog!

For fairs I have a box on my slips that says "call me only if I win the prize"
It has helped alot! I know to throw those away.

Rude people are a pain in the patootie. Fortunately, they are a small percentage of the people I need to contact. Unfortunately, I seem to reach that small percentage all in a couple of days' time. I hope your next calls are with sweet, friendly people who want to place big orders or book fabulous shows.

Chef_2_Four said:
Why are people so stinking rude!! I'm doing my calls and the daughter answeres the phone and the mom decides she doesn't want to talk to me so she hangs up on me!! SHE was the one that said she was interested in a show. This is the 2nd time in a month! Tell me no, you don't have to be rude!!!

I wonder if it was the twin sister of the person I had do that to me! She even used to go tho my church! She checked the "yes" box for wanting to do the show and then never answered my calls. Her husband finally answered one day, he went to find her and she conveniently just left to the store. So the next time I tried back, her husband said, "you know she's being really weird, I don't think she's really interested in the Pampered Chef thing." She couldn't even get on the phone to tell me herself!!!

What is it with rude people?!

Okay...vent over.:D

etteluap70PC said:

Paulette,
could you post that slip, please?

etteluap70PC said:

I had that too!! I haven't called those people! :D but I did call the ones that marked they were interested in a show. This is actually the 2nd time I called because the first time I called they said to call back in July so I did. Apparently one of them still didn't want to talk to me! :p Oh well! I know it happens but I don't hang up on people when they call me, and I defintely don't tell someone that I want to have a show/party then hang up on them!

I hate that rude hang up too!

What I do now is call back and say, "Uhm I think we were disconnected. Can I please speak to whomever." Because I'm putting on the syrup and being extra nice and polite that feel like the jerk they were and finally tell me that they just aren't interested. How hard is that to say?! What do they think we are going to do? Fire bomb their house?!

Chef Kearns said:
I hate that rude hang up too!

What I do now is call back and say, "Uhm I think we were disconnected. Can I please speak to whomever." Because I'm putting on the syrup and being extra nice and polite that feel like the jerk they were and finally tell me that they just aren't interested. How hard is that to say?! What do they think we are going to do? Fire bomb their house?!
Love that!

Related to Why Is Rude Behavior So Common Today?

1. Why do you think rude behavior is becoming more common in today's society?

There are a few possible reasons for the increase in rude behavior. One factor could be the rise of technology and social media, which can make it easier for people to hide behind screens and say things they wouldn't normally say in person. Additionally, the fast-paced nature of modern life and the pressure to constantly be productive can lead to people being more impatient and less considerate of others.

2. Is rude behavior a result of bad parenting?

While parenting certainly plays a role in shaping a child's behavior, it is not the sole determining factor. There are many other influences, such as peers, media, and personal experiences, that can also impact how a person behaves. It is important to remember that individuals are ultimately responsible for their own actions and should be held accountable for them.

3. What can we do to combat rude behavior in our daily lives?

One strategy is to lead by example and treat others with kindness and respect, even in difficult situations. It can also be helpful to communicate openly and calmly with someone who is being rude, as they may not even realize the impact of their behavior. Additionally, setting clear boundaries and not tolerating rude behavior can send a message that it is not acceptable.

4. Are certain cultures or regions more prone to rude behavior?

It is important to recognize that rude behavior is not exclusive to any one culture or region. Every society has its own customs and norms, and what may be considered rude in one may not be in another. It is important to be mindful of cultural differences and approach situations with an open mind and a willingness to learn and adapt.

5. Can rude behavior be a sign of a larger issue, such as a mental health problem?

Rude behavior can sometimes be a symptom of an underlying issue, such as anxiety, depression, or a personality disorder. It is important to approach the situation with empathy and try to understand the root cause of the behavior. Encouraging the person to seek professional help may be beneficial in addressing any underlying mental health concerns.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
AJPratt
  • Braedensmom
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
Braedensmom
  • ChefJWarren
  • General Chat
Replies