• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

No Interest in Hosting Show: How Rude!

In summary, during a cooking show, the speaker offered the sister-in-law of a Cookie Lee consultant to host a show. The sister-in-law agreed but later avoided setting a date and eventually stopped responding to messages. When the speaker finally reached her, the sister-in-law's husband hung up on her and ignored all further attempts at contact. The speaker, also a DS consultant, was disappointed and frustrated with the sister-in-law's behavior and expressed her annoyance to others.
ChefJWarren
Gold Member
I did a cooking show back in April for a Cookie Lee consultant. Her sister in law is also a CL consultant and was at the show. At checkout I asked the SIL if she was interested in hosting a show also and she said "yes". I did assume it was only to "help" out her SIL so she could get the future host special.

When I touched base with her to pin down a date, it was never a good time. She said she was just too busy to host a show "right now". I told her I would check back with her in a couple of months and maybe her schedule would free up some.

I have called back a couple of times recently and left messages with no call backs. Well, today I tried -one more time-! Her husband answered and asked who was calling, I introed myself. He pleasantly said to "hold on". I heard a couple of muffled sounds and then the phone hung up!! How rude!!!!:grumpy:

I did call back and, of course, no one answered. I left a very cheerful message that we must have been accidentally cut off and that I was just checking to see if her schedule had freed up any in the summer and to call me back to schedule her show!

Oh well, I'll take her off my call list, but PLEASE, HOW RUDE! She is also a fellow DS consultant. She knows how it all works! Can't she be a grown up and tell me that she is not interested in doing a show at all. What does she think I'm going to do? Beat her up!!!:eek:

Yes, she should just tell you. I sell Cookie Lee Jewelry too. :) Denise

some people.......................

Okay that just sucks. Can I say that? That is beyond rude! It's funny I've been listening to a Joyce Meyer teaching CD on LOVE- and it talks about just being honest with people even if it will hurt their feelings, but say it with kindness, and this lady is NOT walking in love- that's for sure!

Sorry you had to be hung up on- that is not only rude, it's inconsiderate, thoughtless, tacky, selfish, mean, hurtful and just plain wrong!

HUGS to you!!!

Lemme know if you wanna beat her up. DH is Italian, and is currently unemployed so he has a little time on his hands... LOL

I have people tell me NO at the checkout like I'm offended that they turned me down. I always thank them and tell them that their honesty is greatly appreciated. Why is it so hard to just say no sometimes?

Definitely rude! I can't believe how people can't just say no - heck they can just lie and make up an excuse if they don't want to flat out say no. We can take a hint:)

Just because I might be sort of sad if you tell me no after telling me yes, doesn't mean I can't go home and put on my big girl panties and get over it- I hate when people lie, or in this case, just hang up on you because they don't want to tell you no. BE upfront with people or don't lie and say you'll host a show when you really don't want to.

I hate liars!

That is beyond rude, KARMA BABY.. what comes around goes around!!

I second that karma! May her long distance carrier be switched without her consent and may her next bill be outrageous because of it.

Sorry- now I'm not walking in love...well it's a work in progress don't judge. ;)

Lemme know if you wanna beat her up. DH is Italian said:
Yes, please, I have her address. I'll PM you.:cool:

I'm really not bothered, just annoyed and amused. She's a grown woman. Are we 10 again?

merego said:
That is beyond rude, KARMA BABY.. what comes around goes around!!

I totaly agree with you. What goes around comes around. :)

ChefJWarren said:
Yes, please, I have her address. I'll PM you.:cool:

I'm really not bothered, just annoyed and amused. She's a grown woman. Are we 10 again?

I'll have my DH call the "boys" and Mario, Luigi, Pauly, Dave and he will go out and rough her up a bit for ya!

Totally kidding, so no one send me a PM about how dare I offer to have my DH rough someone up. I'm just trying to make ChefJWarren feel better. :)

Kitchen Diva said:
I'll have my DH call the "boys" and Mario, Luigi, Pauly, Dave and he will go out and rough her up a bit for ya!

Totally kidding, so no one send me a PM about how dare I offer to have my DH rough someone up. I'm just trying to make ChefJWarren feel better. :)

You guys are so silly! I know what you mean, some people are just so inconsiderate and rude that they don't have the decency to tell you the truth. I usually do a 3 strikes, you're out policy. 3 calls, messages, postcards (one of each or a combination but not all three) and if no answer, they are off my list permanently. I also see it as a blessing and I know the Lord is looking out for me. ;)
I can totally see you rubbing your chin like a mobster or godfather! LOL

Debbie :D

In my experience, other DS consultants are the worst. Ok well some of them!!

That was rude, and why people don't have the courtesey to say they don't want to---is beyond me. Grow up already! Sometimes, you have to say "would you like me to remove you from my follow up list" and that sort of lets them off the hook.

See and there is such a better way to do this than to hang up! I JUST had a past hostess that is starting a DS company ask me if I would help her get started. Well she signed under a very good friend of mine for a jewelry company and I simply said to her that I will definitely pass her name on but one of my good friends also sells for this company and I haven't yet had a party for her and I think I would have to have a party for my friend first. She completely understood and even realized who I was talking about (that is how I found out who she signed under).
Some people get scared I think when they don't know how to tell someone no. In either this month's or last month's Oprah magazine is 50 or 100 ways to say no. Maybe we should send this woman a copy of it!!

Did she think you were gonna start crying on the phone or that your business totally revolves around her?? I don't get people like that, especially when they're in the DS industry as well!

I agree with the others though.....what goes around, comes around! ;)

I had a similar thing happen to me. This women was having a catalog show for me. I called the follow-up. I heard the same thing - Son was telling her who it was - and then click! It was so rude and really shocked me!

I think you should call and leave a message that you want to have a jewelry show and let her start trying to call you:)! (LOL)

Send her a note in the mail....

I am so sorry that you hung up on me. While scheduling your PC show, I was going to go ahead and schedule a CL show with you.

pampchefrhondab said:
I had a similar thing happen to me. This women was having a catalog show for me. I called the follow-up. I heard the same thing - Son was telling her who it was - and then click! It was so rude and really shocked me!

I think you should call and leave a message that you want to have a jewelry show and let her start trying to call you:)! (LOL)

ljeffries said:

I am so sorry that you hung up on me. While scheduling your PC show, I was going to go ahead and schedule a CL show with you.

LOL!! You guys are mean.....Love it! :D

pampchefrhondab said:

I seem to remember that thread, Rhonda! It's too bad God doesn't allow us to play with voodoo dolls! :rolleyes:

Wow, great ideas! Too bad I actually have a conscience (dang how do you spell that???) and would feel totally bad about calling them and leading them on. Hey, maybe I could teach her a few things about manners!

Kitchen Diva said:
I seem to remember that thread, Rhonda! It's too bad God doesn't allow us to play with voodoo dolls! :rolleyes:

What do you mean God doesn't allow us to play with voodoo dolls?

Oh no!!! :eek: I am in BIG trouble!!

Just kidding to anyone that thought I was serious!!

ljeffries said:

This is perfect. I would soo do this;)

I have called back on THEIR CELL phone from MY when they hang up and tell them I'm sorry we had a bad connection on the home line evil i know

ljeffries said:

So great I must remember this one :grumpy:..................

I understand where she might be coming from. There is a DS consultant here that will literally YELL at customers who cancel on her. There is a good amount of my customers who use to be hers and would say she would make them feel so bad, even for postponing their show. It's horrible, I know. She did it to me several years ago before I joined.

THIS - she totally deserves it!

I had a very similar thing happen with a Mary Kay Consultant-I would much rather have had the truth than her making up lies like she did and then finally the rudeness like you, too, received...Yeah, where are the Voodoo Dolls? LOL

I just don't get why it is so hard for people to say no to begin with. That was definatly RUDE!

Rude! and not worth your time or energy!

pampered.chris said:
What do you mean God doesn't allow us to play with voodoo dolls?

Oh no!!! :eek: I am in BIG trouble!!

Just kidding to anyone that thought I was serious!!

that was funny!!

this reminds me so much of the time my bff got fired from her job - I worked with her along with our supervisor (who looked like and thought she was a Barbie doll)....we have never until this day understood why she was fired but that really doesnt matter now as it was 10 years ago....anyway, we had the best time the Friday night after it happened - we opened a bottle of wine, got one of her daughters blonde barbie dolls and a pin cushion full of straight pins. She still has that Barbie voodoo doll to this day! And.....3 or 4 mos later - barbie girl got fired and my friend landed an awesome job. Karma will get you everytime!

I thought that the lady was very rude and she could of had enough common sense to tell you no thanks and sorry I wasted your time. I know this is totally off the subject but I wondering does pampered chef allow you to sell for one or more companys?

Christina - you can sell for more than one company until you become a Director - but honestly I dont see how anyone could have the time to devote to more than one and do their best.

People just don't want to feel like they are rejecting you (I know that they aren't rejecting you just the party) and maybe if they have an excuse they aren't rejecting you. We get this all the time in our call center. We have a 5 question survey that we are supposed to ask people to complete after the call. Its 5 questions push a button 5 times. We get explanations that take longer :)

Tonight I got the 'my phone batteries dying and my dog wants out and I'm finishing up dinner and don't really have the time do do the survey thing..but you were a dear! Wait I hear the door bell I really need to go...Thanks so much for your help.' All on the same call!

Seriously the survey is like 5 words :) Sorry for the mini vent.

In my day job I have to call several different phone companies. One of them always has a survey at the end, "If you were sampled by an outside vendor would you be able to say you were satisfied with the service I provided you today or very satisifed." I've learned to say "very satisifed" even if they were terrible. Honestly I don't know how they can ask me that question when sometimes they don't even answer the question I had when I called; however, if I don't say "very satisfied" I'll be on the phone w/more questions! It's drives me crazy! I've also learned I have to dumb down my questions because I know more about phone bills then they do!

What a great way to use my DD's old Barbie dolls! I'm going to have to get them out of the attic. I'll just have to make sure I go to confession after I play w/them (LOL)! Come to think of it I would prefer to use the Ken doll and pretend it is my neighbor who kills my bunnies!!

Cindycooks said:
Christina - you can sell for more than one company until you become a Director - but honestly I dont see how anyone could have the time to devote to more than one and do their best.

Thanks Cindy, I totally agree I don't think I could manage both when I love doing my PC so much :) I would almost feel guilty if I couldn't give 100% to both company's.... Thank you for answering my question I wasn't totally forsure.

I have found that people who work in direct sales or used to work in direct sales can be some of the hardest to work with. I try to keep that in mind myself when I am shopping with other sellers.

I also agree in kharma!

I do the "just ask anything" activity at my shows (people pass around a prize while asking questions about the business). Last night one of the gals asked "what do you dislike the most about your job?" I asked back if they really wanted to know and then told them it was people not returning phone calls. I added that I understand people changing their minds about doing a show and that's okay, but not knowing is hard since this is my business and income. I sensed a couple gals had 'a-ha' moments right then and there.

Later when I was taking bookings, it made it easy to talk about how I'd be following-up with them (all four bookings were Sep/Oct). I got the strong impression I won't have to worry about MIA hosts with this group. (One is iffy and may change her mind, but she knows now it's easier if she just let's me know.)

1. Why is the SIL not responding to my messages about hosting a show?

It is possible that the SIL is genuinely busy and does not have the time to host a show at the moment. It is also possible that she is not interested in hosting a show and is avoiding telling you directly.

2. Is it common for people to agree to host a show just to help out a friend or family member?

Yes, it is common for people to agree to host a show in order to help out a friend or family member who is a consultant. However, it is important to communicate clearly and honestly about one's intentions so that the consultant can plan accordingly.

3. How should I handle the SIL's lack of response about hosting a show?

It is best to continue to follow up with the SIL in a polite and professional manner. If she continues to not respond or declines to host a show, it may be best to remove her from your call list.

4. Why is the SIL's husband answering the phone and hanging up on me?

It is unclear why the SIL's husband would hang up on you, but it is possible that he was busy or not interested in speaking with you. It is best to not take it personally and continue to communicate politely with the SIL directly.

5. Is it appropriate for the SIL to not respond or be rude about declining to host a show?

No, it is not appropriate for the SIL to not respond or be rude about declining to host a show. As a fellow consultant, she should understand the importance of clear and respectful communication. It is understandable to decline hosting a show, but it should be done in a polite and timely manner.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
AJPratt
  • Chef_2_Four
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
pamperedlinda
Replies
Views
chefann