• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Rant Getting a Little Fed up With Support Services!!

politely explain that you want to speak with a supervisor and give your name.RobinThe other thing to try if it's just the person on the phone being rude is to try and remember their name. If you can't remember it, say "I'm sorry, I don't remember your name. Could you please tell me your name?" If they refuse to give you their name, then you may need to try a different customer service method.
kcjodih
Gold Member
:mad: So I vented a week or so ago on here about the rude rep I had when trying to do an adjustment.

I phone tonight and get her AGAIN!!! I was phoning to talk to tech support regarding PP and although I pushed all the correct numbers it put me through to SS first and then she transferred me over to something called 'solution centre' who I've never spoken to. I've also talked to 'tech support'.

Anyway, my problem was that at my show last night I had an outside order from another province that wants it direct shipped. After putting in address and clicking special shipping it deleted the tax. No matter what I did, it kept deleting it. I confirmed with the host (it was her mother's order) that there was in fact tax in that province (and I also believed that the tax was based on where the show was held, not where it was shipped) but either way it wouldn't work so I couldn't give a total to the host.

I phoned tonight and the guy at the SC said that I had to click 'special tax' and then unclick 'show tax' and enter the tax amount for the other province. I asked him what on earth the tax amount was, and how I was to know what it was? He couldn't help me, said he'd transfer me back to the Canadian SS (guest the SC is in the US - WHY was my call transferred there?) and she says (same gal as at the beginning of the call and from last week) real snotty the tax amount is ___. I asked her how I was supposed to know that and how was I supposed to know where to find the info and more importantly WHERE do I find the info myself in the future?

She then puts me on hold for TEN minutes before coming back to give me the info of where to look in the future. When I then stupidly apologized to this really rude gal for not knowing after being a consultant for 4 years she just said alright, anything else? in her rude voice!!!

So arrggg :mad:to her for her snooty attitude and arrrgg for not knowing how to find the tax for an out of province order!

In the US don't you base the tax for ALL guests on where the show was held rather than where it's being shipped? The US SC guy said uh uh!? Maybe it's just different here in Canada. :confused:

OY! I think you need a cookie and some tea, it will make you feel better! hehe it does for me!

I'm sorry you had to go through that. All this tax crap confuses the heck out of me!

Had the tea, didn't help. I'm thinking I need a cookie and something a little stronger. AND I need to call HO and ask to speak with a supervisor re the gal on the other end of the phone.

We do base the tax on where the items are being shipped as well, here in the US.Robin

Knowing your luck, when you call back... SHE'LL be the supervisor!

And in the states, the tax is calculated on where the products are shipped, not the host's address (unless of course, all the products are shipped to the host). And our customer service is called Solutions Center. I'm hoping you weren't paying the long distance rates for that phone call!

Sorry you had such a rough time ... again!!!

I hate dealing with rude people like that. My favorite thing to do to them is say "I'm sorry. Have I done something to offend you or was it the person before me?" (In a VERY nice concerned voice, of course!!!) If it's not you and something else going on in their environment, this will usually get you an apology and a nicer conversation for the duration of your call.

The other one that I'll sometimes use instead at the end of a call is "Well, it sounds like you are having a REALLY bad day, I hope things get better for you." (In a happy and sincere voice.) You'd be amazed at how many times they will snap out of it & apologize.

If it doesn't work, and they shrug you off like this woman did to you ... then the next time you call and they answer and are being rude again, ask for their name FIRST and then say "I'm sorry ______, I've dealt with you ____ times before and each time you've been rude like you are being today. I'd like to speak with a supervisor please." Don't yell or swear ... just be blunt and don't take "no" for an answer. If they ignore your request, ask again. And don't allow them to help you!! If they still ignore or refuse your request, ask "Are you refusing to transfer me to a supervisor?" That will usually get them. If not, hang up. You should have already gotten their name before you fronted them out on being rude, so now you can call back and explain to the new person "I just called and had a problem with ______. I asked 2X (3X, etc.) to speak with her supervisor and she refused to transfer me. Could you please transfer me to her supervisor?" (By explaining to the new person, you don't put them in a state of panic that they have done something wrong.) I've never had a 2nd operator refuse to cooperate. ;) But make sure you got the 2nd person's name too ... just in case!!!

katie0128 said:
Knowing your luck, when you call back... SHE'LL be the supervisor!

And in the states, the tax is calculated on where the products are shipped, not the host's address (unless of course, all the products are shipped to the host). And our customer service is called Solutions Center. I'm hoping you weren't paying the long distance rates for that phone call!
'

No, it was the Canadian 1-800 number I called and then she put me through to the 'solutions center' that I had never heard of. It was when he said I'll transfer you back to the Canadian office to look up the amount that I said 'huh, where ARE you?'

Sheila said:
Sorry you had such a rough time ... again!!!

I hate dealing with rude people like that. My favorite thing to do to them is say "I'm sorry. Have I done something to offend you or was it the person before me?" (In a VERY nice concerned voice, of course!!!) If it's not you and something else going on in their environment, this will usually get you an apology and a nicer conversation for the duration of your call.

The other one that I'll sometimes use instead at the end of a call is "Well, it sounds like you are having a REALLY bad day, I hope things get better for you." (In a happy and sincere voice.) You'd be amazed at how many times they will snap out of it & apologize.

If it doesn't work, and they shrug you off like this woman did to you ... then the next time you call and they answer and are being rude again, ask for their name FIRST and then say "I'm sorry ______, I've dealt with you ____ times before and each time you've been rude like you are being today. I'd like to speak with a supervisor please." Don't yell or swear ... just be blunt and don't take "no" for an answer. If they ignore your request, ask again. And don't allow them to help you!! If they still ignore or refuse your request, ask "Are you refusing to transfer me to a supervisor?" That will usually get them. If not, hang up. You should have already gotten their name before you fronted them out on being rude, so now you can call back and explain to the new person "I just called and had a problem with ______. I asked 2X (3X, etc.) to speak with her supervisor and she refused to transfer me. Could you please transfer me to her supervisor?" (By explaining to the new person, you don't put them in a state of panic that they have done something wrong.) I've never had a 2nd operator refuse to cooperate. ;) But make sure you got the 2nd person's name too ... just in case!!!

OH! You're GOOD!!! I'm SO copying this and saving for the next time ;) Thanks Sheila!

Thanks also to all who corrected my assumption on where the taxes were based, now I know.

You're welcome! :D

I'm a retired Police Dispatcher. I'm nice 99% of the time, but having worked in that field, I learned how to get aggressive and take control of calls when I have to! :p

Jody,
I have had to enter in "Special Tax" before when shipping to another province. But Tech Supp wasn't rude to me

I definately have my favs at Supp Services - some can be really rude

stefani2 said:
Jody,
I have had to enter in "Special Tax" before when shipping to another province. But Tech Supp wasn't rude to me

I definately have my favs at Supp Services - some can be really rude

I'm betting we had the same rude one :mad:

1. Why am I not receiving timely responses from customer support?

At Pampered Chef, we strive to provide excellent customer service and apologize for any delays in our response time. We are currently experiencing a high volume of inquiries and are working to address them as quickly as possible. Thank you for your patience and understanding.

2. How can I track the status of my support request?

You can track the status of your support request by logging into your Pampered Chef account and navigating to the "Support" section. Here, you will be able to view the status of your request and any updates from our team.

3. Can I speak to a live representative for support?

Yes, you can speak to a live representative for support by calling our customer service hotline at 1-800-XXX-XXXX. Our team is available to assist you Monday through Friday from 8am to 5pm EST.

4. How can I provide feedback on my experience with support services?

We value your feedback and are always looking for ways to improve our support services. You can provide feedback by filling out our customer satisfaction survey, which you should have received via email after your support request was resolved.

5. Can I request a refund for my recent purchase?

If you are not satisfied with your recent purchase, please contact our customer service team for assistance. They will be able to assist you with any refund requests or provide alternative solutions to ensure your satisfaction with our products and services.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• kcjodih
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
janezapchef
  • Amyskitchen2
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
Replies