• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Is This True - Irs Processes Tax Returns Overseas?

In summary, according to a reliable source, our tax returns are being processed in India. This is a troubling development and we need to verify the claim.
pamperedlinda
Gold Member
I just talked to a friend and we were griping about all the US companies that have outsourced their customer service overseas. She told me that she was told by a 'relaible source' that our Tax Returns are being processed in India! Anyone know if this is true? How can we verify it? I really take issue with this if it is. That is some very sensative info.

yikes I agree. Could you see if there is a 1-800 number on the IRS website? If it is true, I would write you congress person.

Linda,
I read this and it was killing me. Here goes... The IRS is pushing for people to e-file. In the process, they have closed (I believe it is) 3 service centers that process paper file taxes. When the process is finished, there will only be about 2 or 3 service centers that processes paper tax returns. I did work for the IRS at one time. Lost my job to a RIF! They told us 5 years ago this was going to happen. Not too many people know about the India thing! And it really ticks me off that I basically lost my job to a foreign country! Got to love the American Dream! That is why instead of going back to regular job, I decided to sell PC! I am my own boss!

Some tax returns by some tax prep businesses are being sent overseas, but I could not find info that the IRS is sending them overseas.Robin

priscilla said:
Some tax returns by some tax prep businesses are being sent overseas, but I could not find info that the IRS is sending them overseas.

Robin

That's all I've heard of too.

Accounting firms that handle your tax preparation may be outsourcing overseas, but I haven't heard of a government organization (IRS) outsourcing jobs. I would think that would rile a few too many feathers politically...

Well that just chaps my hide!

janetupnorth said:
That's all I've heard of too.

Accounting firms that handle your tax preparation may be outsourcing overseas, but I haven't heard of a government organization (IRS) outsourcing jobs. I would think that would rile a few too many feathers politically...

The IRS isn't going to broadcast what they are doing! Remember the Chase Bank fiasco in Pittsburgh many years back? That was work outsourced by the IRS. The IRS took the fall for what Chase bank did with ALL the missing tax returns!

I had to call the USPS today in order to get in touch with my local post office (had to call an 800 number then get transferred). Well, I would swear that it was an overseas call b/c well, it just sounded like it. The line wasn't clear and the girl on the phone had a VERY thick Indian accent. I asked her where she was located. She said we are in the western United States mam. I asked which state? She said "for security reasons we are not allowed to tell you....." WTF?! Hello, it's a customer service line for crying out loud?! I said well then, it sure sounds to me like this is an overseas call since the line has a lot of static and is not clear. She said, well mam, I was born in India but I live in the US now.

Yeah, right, whatever....I don't believe one word of it. I am appalled if our USPS is also outsourcing. They might not be.....but that sure as hell sounded like an overseas call to me! Western United States - who says I live in the Western US? If we live in the US we say which state we live in. We might say West Coast/East Coast, Left Coast/Right Coast, North or South....but who says I live in the Western United States. Am I really off here? Anyone have any input about this one?

Last edited:

Related to Is This True - Irs Processes Tax Returns Overseas?

What does it mean if my tax return is processed overseas by the IRS?

If your tax return is processed overseas by the IRS, it means that your return is being reviewed and handled by a team of IRS employees located in another country. This could be due to a variety of reasons, such as a backlog of returns in the domestic processing centers or the need for specialized expertise in certain tax matters.

Will my tax return be delayed if it is processed overseas?

In most cases, having your tax return processed overseas should not cause any significant delays. The IRS has implemented procedures and technologies to ensure that returns are processed efficiently, regardless of where they are being handled. However, if your return requires additional review or verification, it may take longer to process.

Can I still contact the IRS if my return is processed overseas?

Yes, you can still contact the IRS for any questions or concerns about your tax return, even if it is being processed overseas. The IRS has toll-free phone numbers and online resources available for taxpayers to get assistance with their returns.

Will my tax return be processed differently if it is handled overseas?

No, your tax return will go through the same review and processing procedures regardless of where it is being handled. The IRS has strict guidelines and procedures in place to ensure consistency and accuracy in processing returns, regardless of the location of the processing center.

Is it safe for my tax return to be processed overseas?

Yes, it is safe for your tax return to be processed overseas. The IRS has extensive security measures in place to protect taxpayer information, regardless of where it is being processed. Rest assured that your personal and financial information will be kept confidential and secure during the processing of your tax return.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
sharalam
  • kam
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
chef131doreen
  • sillylittlechef
  • General Chat
Replies