• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

What is the Best Way to Handle This Order?

In summary, the guest wanted to add a product to her order that would have added $13.38 to her previous total. The host decided to tack it onto her sister's show instead.
wadesgirl
Gold Member
I had a guest who left a party early last week. When I totaled her order up at home I realized she was only $3 away from the guest special. We played phone tag for a WEEK, leaving messages for each other, her asking if she can call me back, etc. Well, last night I closed the show because I told her we would be closing Saturday and figured since the show closed late and I had not heard from her that she didn't want it. This morning, DH played a message on our answering machine from this guest. I only give out my cell phone number but had to make calls from the house phone since my cell phone was dead over the weekend. No one calls me at home so I didn't even bother to check the machine. I called her tonight and told her the bad news but that I would cover it because it was my fault. She wants to add a product to her total that would have added $13.38 to her previous total. My sister is holding a show tomorrow so I figured I would tack it onto her show. Do I:

A) Put her in as a guest, she pays the $13.38 for the product and tax and I pay for the shipping and knife.

B) Put her in as a guest, pay the shipping out of my pocket and get the knife on my sister's host order at a discount.

C) Put her in as a co-host and use the $13.38 to go towards the product and the knife (at the host discount) to save me even more money.

I thought if I did option C, I could just give her a hand written receipt and the co-host 10% PHD as a "sorry" gift. Is this ethical?

Call the home office tomorrow and see if it's too late to add to the order to take advantage of the guest special. Tell them it was a miscommunication between you and the guest, and they may be able to help you. I figure it's worth a shot to try, because if H/o could fix it that would be the MOST ethical and cost-effective way to fix this problem.

I was always told they cannot change anything after the show was submitted.

It never hurts to try!!! Call HO and see what happens....

I think you should choose option A

pamperedlinda said:
There are two little guys on my shoulder, the good guy is saying to do that option! The cheapskate guy is saying option C!

pamperedlinda said:

I'm with her. I know that's not what you wanted to hear though. ;)

crystalscookingnow said:
I'm with her. I know that's not what you wanted to hear though. ;)
I'm game for anything I just thought I would see what others would do. I'm not too worried either way. I will just add it on my sister's show as a guest and pay the difference.

wadesgirl said:
I was always told they cannot change anything after the show was submitted.

I got an order changed last week after it had been submitting. When one told me no I asked for a supervisor. When I got told now without speaking to the supervisor I again asked to speak to a supervisor. In the end it got changed!

May not work everytime but it's worth a try.

I would go the cheapest and easiest route for me. Personally, if you have been calling her for a week and told her when the show would close and she called you after that date I would not order it b/c she had plenty of time to call you. Am I understanding correct that she called you after the deadline you gave her or did your husband forget to tell you about the message and u heard it late?

jrstephens said:
I got an order changed last week after it had been submitting. When one told me no I asked for a supervisor. When I got told now without speaking to the supervisor I again asked to speak to a supervisor. In the end it got changed!

May not work everytime but it's worth a try.

I would go the cheapest and easiest route for me. Personally, if you have been calling her for a week and told her when the show would close and she called you after that date I would not order it b/c she had plenty of time to call you. Am I understanding correct that she called you after the deadline you gave her or did your husband forget to tell you about the message and u heard it late?
Originally we were closing the show on Saturday but this is the host's sister so I'm sure the host told her that we didn't close the show Saturday because the host didn't answer her phone when I called to close. Noboby hardly calls the house phone and I don't remember hearing it ring that night but she did say on the message she would not be home until very late that evening so I'm sure she called early on before we actually closed the show. The power has gone out too many times at our house that we don't set the date/time on the answering machine any more. I was just suprised to hear a message on the house phone as I always give out my cell phone number.

wadesgirl said:
I had a guest who left a party early last week. When I totaled her order up at home I realized she was only $3 away from the guest special. We played phone tag for a WEEK, leaving messages for each other, her asking if she can call me back, etc. Well, last night I closed the show because I told her we would be closing Saturday and figured since the show closed late and I had not heard from her that she didn't want it. This morning, DH played a message on our answering machine from this guest. I only give out my cell phone number but had to make calls from the house phone since my cell phone was dead over the weekend. No one calls me at home so I didn't even bother to check the machine. I called her tonight and told her the bad news but that I would cover it because it was my fault. She wants to add a product to her total that would have added $13.38 to her previous total. My sister is holding a show tomorrow so I figured I would tack it onto her show. Do I:

A) Put her in as a guest, she pays the $13.38 for the product and tax and I pay for the shipping and knife.

B) Put her in as a guest, pay the shipping out of my pocket and get the knife on my sister's host order at a discount.

C) Put her in as a co-host and use the $13.38 to go towards the product and the knife (at the host discount) to save me even more money.

I thought if I did option C, I could just give her a hand written receipt and the co-host 10% PHD as a "sorry" gift. Is this ethical?

99% of the time I would say don't go down this road. It is too hard to keep track of and is stretching the rules a bit too much but in this case the knife is a gift from you - she is not purchasing it. There's no reason you can't pay as little as possible.

The knife is free and has a 1 year warranty. The cleanest way is option A but personally I would do either B or C and tell her what you did so she knows. If you do B be sure to tell her that it was ordered in someone else's name to save you some of the cost and she should call you if there's a warrany issue. If you do C there's no issue because it is in her name. You could tell her that you are doing that and see if she has any friends that she would like to ask for orders from. I would not charge her the full $13.38 but the amount that she is charged from PC with the show discount. There's no shipping so the only thing you are paying is the knife at the discounted price. That might give her added incentive to get additional orders and make the co-host thing totally "legal".

Oh, and if you do option 3 be sure to tell the host. That order will not count toward the party but it's courtesy to let her know. She will be fine that you are helping someone out (at no expense to her).

BethCooks4U said:
99% of the time I would say don't go down this road. It is too hard to keep track of and is stretching the rules a bit too much but in this case the knife is a gift from you - she is not purchasing it. There's no reason you can't pay as little as possible.

The knife is free and has a 1 year warranty. The cleanest way is option A but personally I would do either B or C and tell her what you did so she knows. If you do B be sure to tell her that it was ordered in someone else's name to save you some of the cost and she should call you if there's a warrany issue. If you do C there's no issue because it is in her name. You could tell her that you are doing that and see if she has any friends that she would like to ask for orders from. I would not charge her the full $13.38 but the amount that she is charged from PC with the show discount. There's no shipping so the only thing you are paying is the knife at the discounted price. That might give her added incentive to get additional orders and make the co-host thing totally "legal".

Oh, and if you do option 3 be sure to tell the host. That order will not count toward the party but it's courtesy to let her know. She will be fine that you are helping someone out (at no expense to her).
Thanks, the host is my sister so it won't matter either way!

1. What is the best way to handle an order that is missing an item?

The best way to handle an order that is missing an item is to first apologize to the customer for the inconvenience. Then, check the inventory to make sure the item is not out of stock. If it is in stock, you can offer to ship the missing item separately or include it in their next order. If the item is out of stock, offer a suitable replacement or a refund for the missing item.

2. How should I handle an order that was damaged during shipping?

If an order arrives damaged, the first step is to apologize and assure the customer that you will take care of the issue. Then, ask the customer to provide photos of the damaged item and packaging. This will help determine if the damage was caused during shipping or before. If the damage was caused during shipping, you can file a claim with the shipping company and provide a replacement or refund to the customer.

3. What is the process for handling an order that was delivered to the wrong address?

If an order was delivered to the wrong address, apologize to the customer and ask them to confirm the correct address. If the incorrect address was provided by the customer, offer to reship the order to the correct address at their expense. If the incorrect address was a mistake made by the company, offer to reship the order for free or provide a refund for the inconvenience.

4. How should I handle an order that was never delivered to the customer?

If an order was never delivered to the customer, apologize and ask for their patience while you investigate the issue. Check the tracking information to see if there were any delivery attempts or delays. If the order was lost in transit, offer to reship the order or provide a refund. If the order was marked as delivered but the customer did not receive it, ask them to check with their neighbors or local post office, as sometimes packages are delivered to the wrong address.

5. What is the best way to handle an order that was cancelled by the customer?

If a customer cancels an order, apologize for any inconvenience and ask for the reason for the cancellation. If the customer changed their mind, offer to cancel the order and provide a refund. If the customer cancelled due to a mistake made by the company, offer a replacement or refund as well as a discount or coupon for their next purchase as a gesture of goodwill.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• mspibb
  • Pampered Chef Sales
Replies
Views
mspibb
  • FancyChef
  • Pampered Chef Sales
Replies
Views
Sheila
  • naekelsey