• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Is the 1997 Dodge Intrepid a Good Deal?

In summary, the current status of the car is that it is still awaiting necessary repairs, but they are expected to be completed within the next week. The car's performance is not expected to be affected after the repairs are done, and as a gesture of goodwill, a discount on the next purchase with Pampered Chef will be offered. However, the car is currently not drivable, so alternative transportation should be used for deliveries until the repairs are completed.
Intrepid_Chef
Silver Member
Just wanted to give you an update on the car situation!

I ended up getting Ye Olde Cutlass welded ... however ... I was told by the welder what the other welder should have told me .. this is but a bandaid to get me through til spring. Meanwhile, I am to avoid potholes (yeah right) and "pretend its too broken."

Meanwhile, people I used to go to church with had a car available ... their daughter is a friend too and she said for some reason God brought my name up to her.

I went out, looked at it and signed a "purchase agreement" for a 1997 Dodge Intrepid with 109,000 miles. They put $5,000 into it over the last year or so and only want $1,580 (what they spent on repairs in December before they bought another car.) The repairs include a rebuilt transmission, extensive brake work, struts, battery, tune-up and 2 tires. It does, however, need bushings within the next year or so, though I am told this is not a safety issue.

My tax return will be ALMOST enough to cover this ... though I have about $350 worth of other expenses I must take care of with this. I may be able to borrow the money in order to get the car sooner. Meanwhile, they are holding it for me.

Only thing is, some of my friends seem to think I may have made a mistake. One only said that God wasn't allowing her to say anything about it. (That may stem from personal issues with the seller, who she knows as well.) The other called me today to say she had a lead on a van that was being sold for $1,000 less ... but she had no info on miles or anything else. I am single ... I don't need a van ... I just need something reliable.

Oh, and meanwhile ... I have two bookings, both a solid 30-40 minutes away ... both before I get my tax return!

Thoughts, if you have them, would be appreciated.

Last edited:
Overall, I think this is a good decision. The car you are looking at has undergone significant repair work already and will likely last you for a while. However, it's always a good idea to look at all your options before making a final decision. It may be worth considering the van if you can get more information on its condition and mileage. Additionally, if you can't find the funds to cover the purchase of the car, you could consider borrowing the money or looking into financing options. Ultimately, it's up to you to decide what is best for you and your situation. Good luck!

Wow, it sounds like you have had quite the adventure with your car situation! It's great that you were able to get Ye Olde Cutlass welded and that it will hopefully hold up until spring. However, it's also good that you were able to find a potential replacement car in the 1997 Dodge Intrepid. It seems like it has had a lot of recent repairs and is in good condition, so that's definitely a plus. It can be tough to make big decisions like this, especially when it involves a significant amount of money. But it sounds like you have done your research and have found a good deal on a reliable car. As for your friends' opinions, it's always good to listen to their thoughts, but ultimately the decision is yours to make. If the Dodge Intrepid meets your needs and budget, then it sounds like a good choice. As for the potential van, it's always worth considering other options, but it's important to weigh the pros and cons and make the best decision for yourself. And it's great that you already have bookings lined up, which will hopefully help with the financial aspect. Overall, it sounds like you have a good plan in place and are taking steps to ensure you have reliable transportation. Good luck with everything!

1. What is the current status of the car situation?

The current status of the car situation is that we are still waiting for parts to arrive for the necessary repairs. However, we have been assured that the parts will be here within the next few days and we will be able to get the car back on the road soon.

2. How long will it take for the car to be fixed?

We are expecting the repairs to be completed within the next week. However, this is subject to change depending on any unforeseen issues that may arise during the repair process.

3. Will there be any changes to the car's performance after the repairs?

No, the repairs are being done to ensure that the car is back to its optimal performance. We do not anticipate any changes in its performance after the repairs are completed.

4. Is there any compensation for the inconvenience caused by the car situation?

We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused. As a gesture of goodwill, we will be offering a discount on your next purchase with Pampered Chef. Please reach out to us for more details.

5. Can I still use my car for deliveries during this time?

Unfortunately, the car is currently not in a drivable condition. We recommend using alternative means of transportation for deliveries until the repairs are completed. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause and appreciate your understanding.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
etteluap70PC
  • Intrepid_Chef
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
Intrepid_Chef
Replies
Views
3RingChef