• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Enterprise Rent-A-Car Made Me Mad Today

In summary, the military evacuee was not able to rent a car from Enterprise because she did not have the proper identification. The salesman was condescending and rude. She is now waiting on a call back from the regional manager.
Sheila
Gold Member
I'm a pretty calm person, but I got so freaking mad today at Enterprise that I actually cussed at the salesman. They wouldn't rent me a car because I'm not "local" - even after I explained that I'm a military evacuee from Japan trying to establish a residence here in the area. They said the only way that they could rent to me was if I showed them 2 utility bills. I again explained that I live on a military base in Japan, that I'm here because of the Nuclear Power Plant there and that I am trying to establish a home in the area but need a car to get that accomplished. He was extremely condescending to me acting like I was putting him out for even being in his office. He left the room to talk call his Manager, then still said no.

I had laid out EVERYTHING ... Texas Driver's License, Japan Driver's License, Military ID card, the debit card to my checking account, the insurance card ... none of it was sufficient for him.

I grabbed my stuff off his counter, told him "Please tell your Manager that I said THANK YOU for supporting the US Military, the Japan evacue...es & ... oh yeah ... you can tell him he can KISS MY ASS!"

Man do I miss the Japanese Customer Service! Americans are so freaking RUDE!!! :(

Next time you go to rent a car, please remember how freaking RUDE Enterprise is to military with extenuating circumstances. I'd be super happy if you opted NOT to do business with them! :D I certainly won't go back! I've already called their corporate office, who referred me to the regional office. I'm waiting on a call back from the Regional Manager so I can voice my discontent with the attitude of the salesman and the company's inability to be flexible for people like me who truly do have extenuating circumstances. It may not do any good, but at least I'll know that I tried!!! And that I've done everything I can to let everyone I know hear about how unsupportive they are of the military evacuees from Japan! :grumpy:

what a crock... are they not in the business to rent cars.. you don't need all that info when renting while on vacation.. shesh..

colegrovet said:
what a crock... are they not in the business to rent cars.. you don't need all that info when renting while on vacation.. shesh..

That's what I was thinking!

I'd find a phone number for corporate and let them know. That's bullsh*t.

I'd be tempted to email the local news crew too. heehee.

colegrovet said:

Agreed. You only need to show them a credit card.

I'm sorry they're giving you such the run-around :( I've had my issues with them in the past - nothing quite so awful, but more of a problem when requesting a car any bigger than a shoe box.

I've had good luck with Hertz when traveling - if one of them is nearby, they might be worth a try.

Also, I know some dealers will rent out cars- they do it to people who want more than just a test drive. I wonder if you could work something out with one of them?

Are there any military bases nearby that could support you? Do they offer programs that might help, or have any preferred vendors for things like this?

PCLaurel said:
Also, I know some dealers will rent out cars- they do it to people who want more than just a test drive.

Err, they do it *for* people who want more than just a test drive..... :blushing:

I say go for the local news! Start an uprising! Man the torpedoes!(in the meanwhile, praying you get a rentacar FAST)

ChefCKHall said:
I say go for the local news! Start an uprising! Man the torpedoes!

Exactly! They should be called out and forced to explain their policy to the public! That is just insane. Anyone with a Credit Card can rent a car while on vacation - tell me how you are not just as viable for a car???

I agree...local news all the way!!! Bad PR can actually get some things accomplished in very little time!

At this point, if they gave me a car for free I'd still be driving around with their logo advertising for them. Not sure I even want to do that! Yes, I'm THAT mad. LOL

Aren't they a NATIONAL chain?! In that case shouldn't everybody should be considered "local". What a dillweed. Sorry you had to go thru this Sheila. Sending prayers for you girl.

I'm being punished because I don't own credit cards anymore! LOL I pay cash for everything. If I had a major credit card, they would have rented to me. It was the whole "I refuse to be in debt" thing that was working against me.But on a lighter note, I went by some car dealerships and one of them said that although they had cars in my price range that they COULD sell me, there was only one on the lot in my price range that they WOULD sell me because they knew that the others had a high chance of leaving me stranded on the side of the road with toddlers and they were not going to do that to me. How's that for a Japanese style customer service in America? :D Unfortunately, the one was not exactly IN my price range, so they are going to look at what comes in over the next few days & call me if anything comes in that's actually IN the price range AND something that they would feel safe selling to me. ;)

Wow - now that is a dealership with some class, dignity & respect there :angel:

I don't know that I've ever heard a car salesman admit that they had some vehicles on their lot that they were less inclined to sell to someone.

Sounds like you've got a winner there, provided they can come through for you. I'd still keep on the Enterprise folks though - while you might not want to rent from them again, their management has to be made aware of this situation.

Look for the Hertz LE (Local Edition) in your area. Hertz didn't get to be the big gun in rent-a-car by overcharging and giving lousy service. ;) I've used them lots of times, they're competitive, and the counter help was always helpful and accommodating.

There are likely some local rental agencies around who would be better to work with, too.

Or will the dealer do a short lease for you?:thumbdown:

This is one of those times we'd love to have Marvin Zindler around. I vote for siccing the local media on 'em! Or contact a local VFW post and see if they can help out. Heck call Ft Hood!

1. Why did Enterprise Rent-A-Car make me mad today?

There could be several reasons why Enterprise Rent-A-Car made you mad today. Some common complaints include long wait times, issues with car reservations, unexpected fees, or poor customer service.

2. Can I get a refund for my bad experience with Enterprise Rent-A-Car?

If you are unsatisfied with your experience, you can reach out to Enterprise Rent-A-Car's customer service team to discuss a potential refund. However, refunds are not guaranteed and are subject to the company's policies and procedures.

3. How can I file a complaint about my experience with Enterprise Rent-A-Car?

You can file a complaint by contacting Enterprise Rent-A-Car's customer service team via phone, email, or their website. You can also leave a review on their social media pages or review websites to share your experience with others.

4. Will Enterprise Rent-A-Car compensate me for any inconvenience?

Enterprise Rent-A-Car may offer compensation, such as a discount on a future rental or a refund, if you have experienced significant inconvenience or issues during your rental. However, this is at the company's discretion and may not always be offered.

5. How can I avoid having a bad experience with Enterprise Rent-A-Car in the future?

To avoid having a bad experience with Enterprise Rent-A-Car, make sure to carefully read and understand the rental terms and conditions before making a reservation. Also, be sure to communicate any specific needs or concerns with the company beforehand to avoid any surprises or issues during your rental.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Sheila
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
pamperedlinda
Replies
Views
Sheila
Replies
Views
wadesgirl