• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Director Enterprise Rent-A-Car Made Me Mad Today

In summary, a person recounts their experience at Enterprise where they were denied a car rental due to not being a "local" resident, despite explaining that they are a military evacuee from Japan trying to establish a residence in the area. The salesman was condescending and not even showing multiple forms of identification was enough to change his mind. The person eventually left after expressing their frustration and disappointment with the company's lack of flexibility and support for military personnel. They have also contacted the corporate and regional offices to voice their discontent and will not be doing business with Enterprise in the future. Others are also outraged by the treatment and offer their support.
Sheila
Gold Member
I'm a pretty calm person, but I got so freaking mad today at Enterprise that I actually cussed at the salesman. They wouldn't rent me a car because I'm not "local" - even after I explained that I'm a military evacuee from Japan trying to establish a residence here in the area. They said the only way that they could rent to me was if I showed them 2 utility bills. I again explained that I live on a military base in Japan, that I'm here because of the Nuclear Power Plant there and that I am trying to establish a home in the area but need a car to get that accomplished. He was extremely condescending to me acting like I was putting him out for even being in his office. He left the room to talk call his Manager, then still said no.

I had laid out EVERYTHING ... Texas Driver's License, Japan Driver's License, Military ID card, the debit card to my checking account, the insurance card ... none of it was sufficient for him.

I grabbed my stuff off his counter, told him "Please tell your Manager that I said THANK YOU for supporting the US Military, the Japan evacue...es & ... oh yeah ... you can tell him he can KISS MY ASS!"

Man do I miss the Japanese Customer Service! Americans are so freaking RUDE!!! :(

Next time you go to rent a car, please remember how freaking RUDE Enterprise is to military with extenuating circumstances. I'd be super happy if you opted NOT to do business with them! :D I certainly won't go back! I've already called their corporate office, who referred me to the regional office. I'm waiting on a call back from the Regional Manager so I can voice my discontent with the attitude of the salesman and the company's inability to be flexible for people like me who truly do have extenuating circumstances. It may not do any good, but at least I'll know that I tried!!! And that I've done everything I can to let everyone I know hear about how unsupportive they are of the military evacuees from Japan! :grumpy:

Oh my goodness, that is so reprehensible!!!! You'd think they would bend over backwards to help you.

That's TERRIBLE! And how frustrating!! Definitely keep us posted what happens with any feedback from them.

DebbieJ said:
Oh my goodness, that is so reprehensible!!!! You'd think they would bend over backwards to help you.

Exactly!!! Sheila that is deplorable and I am seriously tempted to call someone and cuss them out for you!!!!
Yes please do keep us posted.

DebbieJ said:
You'd think they would bend over backwards to help you.

I'm w/Debbie......some people amaze me!

So sorry you had to deal with that on top of everything else on your plate! :(

Wow - I don't rent cars very often, but will definatley not consider them when I do need to. That's just insane!

What is Enterprise Rent-A-Car?

Enterprise Rent-A-Car is a car rental company that provides vehicles for both personal and business use. They have locations all over the world and offer a variety of car options for customers to choose from.

Why did Enterprise Rent-A-Car make me mad today?

There could be several reasons why you may have had a negative experience with Enterprise Rent-A-Car. Some common reasons include long wait times, issues with car reservations or payments, and poor customer service.

How can I address my concerns with Enterprise Rent-A-Car?

If you are unhappy with your experience with Enterprise Rent-A-Car, you can reach out to their customer service team either online or by phone. They will be able to assist you with any issues and help find a resolution.

Does Enterprise Rent-A-Car have any customer satisfaction guarantees?

Yes, Enterprise Rent-A-Car offers a customer satisfaction guarantee. If you are not satisfied with your rental experience, they will work with you to make it right and provide a credit for a future rental.

What steps can I take to ensure a better experience with Enterprise Rent-A-Car in the future?

To have a smoother experience with Enterprise Rent-A-Car, make sure to plan ahead and reserve your car in advance. Also, be sure to carefully read the terms and conditions of your rental agreement and ask any questions you may have before signing. Lastly, communicate clearly and calmly with the staff if any issues arise during your rental period.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Sheila
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
chefa
  • Sheila
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
Sheila
  • Sheila