• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Why Do Serving Spatulas Keep Breaking?

In summary, some customers have reported issues with small and large serving spatulas coming apart from the handle. This may be due to the heat in dishwashers melting the glue that holds them together. Some customers have also experienced this issue without using a dishwasher. One customer had a spatula break after using it for 10+ years. It is recommended to not put these items in the dishwasher and to inform customers that they may not last forever.
DebbieSAChef
Small serving spatulas? How about large serving spatulas?

I have had quite a few customers tell me that their small serving spatula just came apart from the handle.
Also the Large serving spatula seems to come off the handle also.

Anyone having the same problem? I personally have not had this problem with mine. I have quite a few.

Can anyone tell me what might have caused this? They say they didn't use them in any way that would have caused this, it just came off and one lady told me she didn't even use it that often.

Thanks,
Debbie

So far I have had one client replace her Mini-Serving Spatula. The plastic part of the hand broke into two pieces the first time she tried to serve a pie. HO replaced it no problem. Don't know why, could just be a faulty batch.

My mom & I have both had trouble with the serving spatulas & cheese knife coming apart from the handle. I think it's from the heat (dry cycle) in the dishwaser melting the glue that holds them together. I quit putting these items in the dishwasher and have not had any more trouble with them coming apart. The instructions say that they are dishwasher safe, but I guess I use them so much that the constant heat on them is too much.

I had the same problem with my mini serving spatula, but I had used it for 10+ years frequently. I did put it in the dishwasher, but not my new one. I'll let you know in 10 more years if that helped (lol).

Jeanie Gay

DebbieSAChef said:
Small serving spatulas? How about large serving spatulas?

I have had quite a few customers tell me that their small serving spatula just came apart from the handle.
Also the Large serving spatula seems to come off the handle also.

Anyone having the same problem? I personally have not had this problem with mine. I have quite a few.

Can anyone tell me what might have caused this? They say they didn't use them in any way that would have caused this, it just came off and one lady told me she didn't even use it that often.

Thanks,
Debbie

I think it happens just from the water or soap, I have had the same problem with a couple of the small ones I have and I don't have a dishwasher.

I'm very honest with my customers, some tools are not made to last forever. They aren't so disappointed down the road when it breaks because you told them eventually it would.

Related to Why Do Serving Spatulas Keep Breaking?

1. Anyone Having Trouble With the Non-Stick Coating on Pampered Chef Pans?

Some customers have reported issues with the non-stick coating on our pans wearing off after extended use. This could be due to using metal utensils or harsh cleaning products. We recommend using only silicone, nylon, or wooden utensils and washing the pans with a mild dish soap and non-abrasive sponge. If the coating continues to wear off, please contact our customer service team for assistance.

2. Anyone Having Trouble With Pampered Chef Knives Losing Their Sharpness?

Our knives are made with high-quality stainless steel and are designed to maintain their sharpness for a long time. However, frequent use and improper storage can cause them to become dull. We recommend using a knife sharpener or honing steel regularly to maintain the sharpness. Also, make sure to store the knives in a knife block or sheath to protect the blades.

3. Anyone Having Trouble With the Pampered Chef Garlic Press Getting Clogged?

Some customers have experienced clogging with our garlic press, especially when using larger cloves of garlic. To prevent this, make sure to peel and cut the garlic into smaller pieces before pressing. You can also try spraying the press with cooking spray before using to help it run smoother.

4. Anyone Having Trouble With the Pampered Chef Stoneware Cracking?

Our stoneware is made to withstand high temperatures and is very durable. However, it is important to follow the care instructions, including avoiding sudden temperature changes and never placing it on a direct heat source. If your stoneware does crack, please contact our customer service team for a replacement.

5. Anyone Having Trouble With the Pampered Chef Food Chopper Blades Dulling?

Our food chopper blades are made with high-quality stainless steel and are designed to last. However, they can become dull with frequent use, especially when chopping hard foods like nuts or ice. To prolong the sharpness, make sure to avoid chopping hard foods and use a separate cutting board for the chopper. You can also sharpen the blades with a knife sharpener if needed.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• kcmckay
  • Sell Pampered Chef Items
Replies
Views
Sheilainwv
  • TriciaAnn
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
AJPratt
  • kam