• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Cooking With the Large Serving Spatula

In summary, the guest asked about cooking with the Large Serving Spatula, but her husband is looking for something to use as a flipper on the stove. The Large Serving Spatula is not supposed to be used on cookware with a stainless steel interior, but can be used on other types of pans.
kam
Staff member
I had a guest ask about cooking with the Large Serving Spatula (#2626). Her husband is looking for something to use as a flipper on the stove.

Does anyone know if it would be OK to use the Large Serving Spatula?

He does not want any Nylon-type tools. He wants metal.

I said I did not think it would be a problem, I just would not leave it sit in the pan. But I also told her I would ask around. The Use&Care doesn't really say anything about heat.

Any sugggestions?

as far as heat, the spatula would probably be fine- but metal on any pan, be them ours or someone else's can be murder on a pan. I wouldn't leave the pan sitting in a hot pan- the handle would probably melt....not a silicone handle.

I cooked on a grill for many years & it will be fine. They still use it even though my cooking days are over. (Professional that is)Use it for eggs in the morning & burgers, phillie cheese steaks etc....it will be fine. HTH

esavvymom said:
as far as heat, the spatula would probably be fine- but metal on any pan, be them ours or someone else's can be murder on a pan. I wouldn't leave the pan sitting in a hot pan- the handle would probably melt....not a silicone handle.

They are not using it on our cookware. I figure it is their choice to use metal spatulas.

Ginger428 said:
I cooked on a grill for many years & it will be fine. They still use it even though my cooking days are over. (Professional that is)Use it for eggs in the morning & burgers, phillie cheese steaks etc....it will be fine. HTH
Yes, that helps. I figured since their hand would be over the handle anyway, the handle would be safe as long as they didn't leave it in the pan without being held. Thanks!

The handle is really sturdy, I always put it on the side of the grill when not in use.

I just used mine tonight in my stainless 12" covered skillet. I made my own version of pepper steak and I used it to further cut up the peppers and help shread my steak. I also use it when I make eggs with shreadded potatoes and cheese. It is the only tool sturdy enought to take the punishment that I "dish" out. It can scratch your stainless pans, so just be careful. Our pan has a satin interior that makes it easier for food to release and to clean up. So don't be afraid to use it!

Thanks! I will pass all this info onto my customer.

Hi there! I'm glad you asked about using the Large Serving Spatula for stovetop cooking. While it's not specifically mentioned in the Use&Care guide, I can assure you that our Large Serving Spatula is made with high-quality, heat-resistant metal that is safe for stovetop use. It's a great tool for flipping and turning food on the stove, and the wide head makes it perfect for serving large portions. Just be sure to use caution and not leave it in the pan for too long, as with any metal utensil. I hope this helps! Happy cooking!

What is the Large Serving Spatula used for?

The Large Serving Spatula is perfect for flipping, turning, and serving a variety of foods such as pancakes, eggs, and larger cuts of meat.

What makes the Large Serving Spatula different from other spatulas?

The Large Serving Spatula has a larger size and a wider head, making it more versatile for handling and serving larger foods without them breaking or falling apart.

Is the Large Serving Spatula safe to use on non-stick cookware?

Yes, the Large Serving Spatula is made with heat-resistant silicone and is safe to use on all types of cookware, including non-stick surfaces.

Can the Large Serving Spatula be put in the dishwasher?

Yes, the Large Serving Spatula is dishwasher safe for easy cleaning. However, we recommend hand washing with warm soapy water for best results and longevity.

Is the Large Serving Spatula durable and long-lasting?

Yes, the Large Serving Spatula is made with high-quality materials and is designed to withstand daily use in the kitchen. With proper care, it can last for many years to come.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• ChefKeender
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
finley1991
  • Loves2cook
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
Tree
  • kcmckay