1. Pampered Chef relies on relationships and communication. How are you managing your business in the wake of Coronavirus and social distancing? Discuss here
    Dismiss Notice

Pampered Chef: Cooking with the Large serving Spatula

1. kam

kam Legacy Member Staff Member

I had a guest ask about cooking with the Large Serving Spatula (#2626). Her husband is looking for something to use as a flipper on the stove.

Does anyone know if it would be OK to use the Large Serving Spatula?

He does not want any Nylon-type tools. He wants metal.

I said I did not think it would be a problem, I just would not leave it sit in the pan. But I also told her I would ask around. The Use&Care doesn't really say anything about heat.

Any sugggestions?

Jun 28, 2009
  2. esavvymom

esavvymom Legend Member Staff Member

as far as heat, the spatula would probably be fine- but metal on any pan, be them ours or someone else's can be murder on a pan. I wouldn't leave the pan sitting in a hot pan- the handle would probably melt....not a silicone handle.

Jun 28, 2009
  3. Ginger428

Ginger428 Legacy Member Gold Member

I cooked on a grill for many years & it will be fine. They still use it even though my cooking days are over. (Professional that is)Use it for eggs in the morning & burgers, phillie cheese steaks etc....it will be fine. HTH

Jun 28, 2009
  4. kam

They are not using it on our cookware. I figure it is their choice to use metal spatulas.

Yes, that helps. I figured since their hand would be over the handle anyway, the handle would be safe as long as they didn't leave it in the pan without being held. Thanks!

Jun 28, 2009
  5. Ginger428

Ginger428 Legacy Member Gold Member

The handle is really sturdy, I always put it on the side of the grill when not in use.

Jun 28, 2009
  6. Curlyone

Curlyone Member Gold Member

I just used mine tonight in my stainless 12" covered skillet. I made my own version of pepper steak and I used it to further cut up the peppers and help shread my steak. I also use it when I make eggs with shreadded potatoes and cheese. It is the only tool sturdy enought to take the punishment that I "dish" out. It can scratch your stainless pans, so just be careful. Our pan has a satin interior that makes it easier for food to release and to clean up. So don't be afraid to use it!

Jun 28, 2009
  7. kam

Thanks! I will pass all this info onto my customer.

Jun 29, 2009
Have something to add?