• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Why Aren't My Pink Sales Doing Well This Year?

In summary, the author is having a tough time this year. Sales are down and people are not as interested in the pink items.
Congrats Deb! - You are doing good!!! R the products selling themselves OR do you find you have to give people suggestions/ideas for their use?

Oh, I definitely talk them up and tell them why they need them.

I've sold very fewI have 2 fundraisers going on right now - so I'm still out on whether or not it's been good, however, I had 2 shows last week back to back and between the two of them I haven't sold ONE!!

Personally I think the pink items this year are a disappointment, and I've heard that from a lot of my loyal clients.

Why can't we come out with a product that everyone loves and turn it pink? The pink clips (with the magnetic on the back) were a huge hit. Why not a pink food chopper or can opener, etc. I see all these cool pink tools at the stores, and then we come out with the choice we had this year. For me it's a disappointment.

My totals so far:

Brush: 15
Scoop: 24
Gloves: 9
Bowl Trio: 0

I still have 2 fundraisers going on so we'll see what happens with those.

All of my customers are complaining about this years selection. Oh well. hopefully next year we'll have some really awesome pink items!

I just got the orders for a catalog show and the host is ordering 12 brushes, 5 gloves, 4 scoops and the tri bowl! She also has 3 other pink orders from her guests.

So with the 31 I already had I am now up to 55 pink items and I have 2 shows (maybe 3) left this month and 4 that say they're doing catalog shows.

ltkacz said:
I have 2 fundraisers going on right now - so I'm still out on whether or not it's been good, however, I had 2 shows last week back to back and between the two of them I haven't sold ONE!!

Personally I think the pink items this year are a disappointment, and I've heard that from a lot of my loyal clients.

Why can't we come out with a product that everyone loves and turn it pink? The pink clips (with the magnetic on the back) were a huge hit. Why not a pink food chopper or can opener, etc. I see all these cool pink tools at the stores, and then we come out with the choice we had this year. For me it's a disappointment.

You know what's funny is that as much of a hit as those clips were for some people - I couldn't sell them to save my life!
I love you ridea of a pink FC or Can Opener - those would sell like HOT CAKES!! The scraper collection in pink would be awesome, too! Pink Handi-Scrapers...egg slicer...cookware protectorssugar shaker...and totally OT, I can't wait to see the new trivet - I love the whole concept of these trivets and sell the heck out of them!

Ok- how cool would it be to have a trivet that's plated with a pink-colored metal, instead of copper, and is awareness ribbon shaped? I keep suggesting things to HO that would make great HWC items: SA teapot (to match the mugs from a few years back), silicone hot pad in pink, return of the pink twixits, etc.

I have not sold one pink item. My show schedule for this May has been my worst ever.

I wish the campaign could be for all cancers. I have lost a grandmother to breast cancer and my sister-in-law is a survivor, but there is lung cancer, friends with skin cancer and the male consultants are (jokingly) saying they want prostate cancer supported!!!

May is the last month to earn TPC and the pink just doesn't create the excitement. I hear "oh, that's cute" and that is the end. Bookings have been horrible and if it weren't for 2 carry over parties and online sales, I would be sunk.

My ED tried to help me put a "twist" on it and advised me to just concentrate on the wonderful host plan we have. Not having too much success with that, however. They love the bonus and this month just turns them away.

IMO They need to add something that is non pink to draw more people in.

I haven't sold a one either. I like the idea of creating a pink something more usable than what's offered. Pink twixits... those would sell. Pink scrapers... pink bar board... I think many folks are holding onto their money and not willing to part with it for kitsch and as much as the pink items we have seem functional, they're not really practical... not when money's so tight with folks.

lkprescott said:
I haven't sold a one either.

I like the idea of creating a pink something more usable than what's offered. Pink twixits... those would sell. Pink scrapers... pink bar board...

I think many folks are holding onto their money and not willing to part with it for kitsch and as much as the pink items we have seem functional, they're not really practical... not when money's so tight with folks.

I think that sums it up perfectly!

By Jove, I think you've got it!I think you hit the nail on the head with that one. I love gadgets for my kitchen but of these 4, only the scrubby is on my own personal list this year. I too would not spend money I really do not have on somehting that I may never use. I would rather buy a Kitchen Shears.

I wonder if sales are down this year, because I don't remember getting a "one week left" email in the past, encouraging sales of the pink products.

chefann said:
I wonder if sales are down this year, because I don't remember getting a "one week left" email in the past, encouraging sales of the pink products.
I soo was thinking the same thing and was going to post the email to start a thread topic about this.. things that make you go hmmmm:confused:

26 brushes
22 meaure cup
21 glpves
relay for life I may sell more 2 more shows 1584 to go for TPC

I wish the pink bowl trio were available to guests. I've had several people ask me for it and one woman tonight was ready to buy a whole bunch for teacher gifts. So this is two years running most people want the host special item more than the guest items....

Debbie
I was just going to say the same thing about the tri bowl. My hostess wants 12 of them. Her aunt is a breast cancer survivor and my hostess and her mom want to purchase one for each of the girls in her family.

Remember the pink cups and squares...I had more people want to just order those too rather than hosting. We know HO picks what they think will be the pieces that would be the most popular to get bookings not to get sales. Which, personally I think hurts us as consultants. Why not charge the full price to guests for ALL the HWC products and then put selected items in as the host products at 60% off. That way everyone wins. Sure I would love to get more bookings but, if I can't get those bookings, I sure would love to be able to sell EVERY pink product to anyone who wants them. I would rather we sell out rather than be able to offer them again in October because HO over estimated the number of May Parties we would get. Like last year! Then no one wanted them because they were not hyped because we were not hyped. Especially since it was just offered on-line. A lot of my customers are not computer sauvy so they want to be able to say to me, I want that instead of going on-line to get them. I bet HO still has a ton of old pink stuff that didn't sell in October either.

Honestly, I've only sold 2 things this year. It's a MAJOR difference than past years. Now granted, my show schedule is very down due to my daughter being in cheerleading, co-ed baseball and girls's softball, graduation for my niece, husband having knee surgery......can't breathe.....anyway - needless to say that I haven't had as many shows as past Mays, but even my emails have gone unanswered this year which is soooo not normal.

DebbieJ said:
I wish the pink bowl trio were available to guests. I've had several people ask me for it and one woman tonight was ready to buy a whole bunch for teacher gifts. So this is two years running most people want the host special item more than the guest items....

But not enough to do a show to get it......:(

<h2>1. Why aren't my pink sales doing well this year?</h2><p>There could be a variety of reasons for this. It could be due to changes in customer preferences or market trends. It's also possible that there is more competition in the pink product category this year. Additionally, external factors such as the current economic climate or global events can also impact sales. </p><h2>2. I'm having a tough time this year. Last year it was easy peasy and I sold over 200 "pink" items. What could be the reason for the decrease in sales?</h2><p>It's great that you had such success with pink sales last year! However, it's important to remember that sales can fluctuate from year to year. It's possible that the demand for pink items has decreased this year, or that your target audience has changed. It's always a good idea to regularly evaluate your sales strategies and adapt to changing market conditions. </p><h2>3. I'm finding that people are just not interested in them. How can I generate more interest in my pink products?</h2><p>It can be challenging when you notice a decline in interest for a particular product. One way to generate more interest is to highlight the unique features of your pink items and how they can benefit customers. You can also consider offering special promotions or discounts to attract customers. Additionally, reaching out to potential customers through social media or hosting a themed party can also help generate interest. </p><h2>4. I've had several people ask for what we sold last year. Does this mean I should focus on selling the same products as last year?</h2><p>While it's always good to listen to customer feedback, it's important to also stay updated on current trends and adapt to changing customer preferences. It's possible that the products that were popular last year may not be as in-demand this year. Consider diversifying your product offerings and offering a variety of options to appeal to different customers. </p><h2>5. How are ya'll doing? Any better?</h2><p>Thank you for asking! At Pampered Chef, we are always striving to improve and adapt to changing market conditions. We are constantly introducing new and innovative products to keep up with customer demands and preferences. We are confident that with the right sales strategies and effort, you can successfully boost your pink sales this year. </p>

Related to Why Aren't My Pink Sales Doing Well This Year?

1. Why aren't my pink sales doing well this year?

There could be a variety of reasons for this. It could be due to changes in customer preferences or market trends. It's also possible that there is more competition in the pink product category this year. Additionally, external factors such as the current economic climate or global events can also impact sales.

2. I'm having a tough time this year. Last year it was easy peasy and I sold over 200 "pink" items. What could be the reason for the decrease in sales?

It's great that you had such success with pink sales last year! However, it's important to remember that sales can fluctuate from year to year. It's possible that the demand for pink items has decreased this year, or that your target audience has changed. It's always a good idea to regularly evaluate your sales strategies and adapt to changing market conditions.

3. I'm finding that people are just not interested in them. How can I generate more interest in my pink products?

It can be challenging when you notice a decline in interest for a particular product. One way to generate more interest is to highlight the unique features of your pink items and how they can benefit customers. You can also consider offering special promotions or discounts to attract customers. Additionally, reaching out to potential customers through social media or hosting a themed party can also help generate interest.

4. I've had several people ask for what we sold last year. Does this mean I should focus on selling the same products as last year?

While it's always good to listen to customer feedback, it's important to also stay updated on current trends and adapt to changing customer preferences. It's possible that the products that were popular last year may not be as in-demand this year. Consider diversifying your product offerings and offering a variety of options to appeal to different customers.

5. How are ya'll doing? Any better?

Thank you for asking! At Pampered Chef, we are always striving to improve and adapt to changing market conditions. We are constantly introducing new and innovative products to keep up with customer demands and preferences. We are confident that with the right sales strategies and effort, you can successfully boost your pink sales this year.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• milkangel
  • Pampered Chef Sales
Replies
Views
milkangel
  • KarenH
  • Pampered Chef Support Group
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • prissylovescooking