• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

How to Boost Sales to $500 for July Special

In summary, the conversation is about a consultant struggling with low turnout and sales in their big shows. They discuss ways to get people excited about the show, such as using the Party Sticks and getting outside orders. The consultant also mentions the importance of host coaching and asking for referrals. They also suggest doing reminder calls to get a better idea of how many people will actually attend the show.
babywings76
Gold Member
I'm not having much success with big shows. Granted I have only done a few. But everyone is struggling with finances. Low turnout too, even though they invited "everyone". I've been trying to get them excited about their show, so they will be excited when they call everyone back. But it seems like July's reward isn't so great, people think "I need to have $500 in sales to get a reward!" The party sticks aren't very enticing either. It seems people just stare at me with blank expressions when I explain July's benefits. Then August is a surpirse, who knows what the choices are and people wonder if it'll be anything they even want. :(

So what do all you big show people do!? I want to do well, but I have a hard time trying to convince people to spend money they don't have. Even with saying how the economy is bad people and people are eating at home more. :confused:

My key to high sales is attendance and outside orders. They have to over invite, ask people to bring friends and get orders from those who can't come. Do you have a website? I get a lot of outside orders that way. You do not have to be qualified to get show orders, so get your website now!And are you giving people ideas for what they can do with the Party Sticks? You have to market them!

I don't own any yet, and most of the ideas I've heard sound great, if I could show them. I guess for me right now it's hard because I'm new and these beginning shows are all from my friends and family. All invite pretty much from the same pool of friends. But at my sister's show 1 person booked. Hopefully her show will open up new possibilities for me. But she can't do a show until the fall. -sigh-

babywings76 said:
I don't own any yet, and most of the ideas I've heard sound great, if I could show them. I guess for me right now it's hard because I'm new and these beginning shows are all from my friends and family. All invite pretty much from the same pool of friends.

Ask them to invite people you don't know! And ask EVERYONE for referrals.

Once you get out of your circle it gets MUCH easier.

The outdoor party sticks ARE what my July hosts are excited about!!! I had a show last night that booked a July show in 2 weeks because she wants them soooooo bad!! If possible, maybe you could borrow them from your recruiter or director. They really are fun, and practical. I don't live on the coast or anything (in the midwest actually) so it's not like I have a beach nearby, but think of all of the camping trips, trips to the lake, ball games, outdoor picnics, outdoor concerts, etc. People are loving these things!!

On July 1st, you can see the CN online, if you can't already :p

There is a page on the Outdoor Party Sticks that give really good words to use.

You might want to take a refresher course on Host Coaching on the online training center. I think there is a good area about overcoming objections.

I have offered to do the reminder calls, I tell them, I can knock that out in 20-30 min, because I don't know your friends, and don't have to chat with each one! I have found many are very receptive to that, plus it gives you, the consultant some real clues. Like how many invites did they really send out, and who is really going to be there. When the host tells you there are going to be 20 people at a show, and only 4 show up, you find out that she really didn't know, but sent out 20 invites and thought they would all be there. Also, if you do the reminder calls, you can throw out something like "I'm going to have a drawing for the ugliest pot holder." You can tell them about the guest special, and another thing I do, is if they are not going to be able to make it, I ask if I should leave a catalog with their name on it with the host. Generally the host is not comfortable doing any of this. And I walk into a show with a lot more information, plus if I actually spoke to them instead of an answer machine, we've already met!!

DebbieJ said:
My key to high sales is attendance and outside orders. They have to over invite, ask people to bring friends and get orders from those who can't come. QUOTE]

This is so important and definitely the way to go. Since I started doing this and mailing out the invites for my hosts and offering small incentives to those who brought an outside order or a friend, my sales have sky rocketed. It's so worth the extra effort!

I encourage outside orders by giving them the Round Up from the Heart Trivet for free with 7 orders before their show. I am also telling hosts that the extra free products were so popular in January that they had to bring it back again. I had one host so excited that she said she HAD to get $500!

OhmyDLM said:
DebbieJ said:
My key to high sales is attendance and outside orders. They have to over invite, ask people to bring friends and get orders from those who can't come. QUOTE]

This is so important and definitely the way to go. Since I started doing this and mailing out the invites for my hosts and offering small incentives to those who brought an outside order or a friend, my sales have sky rocketed. It's so worth the extra effort!

What types of things do you offer for outside orders/bring friends? I've been wanting to do that for a while but I haven't been sure what to offer that they will be excited about without breaking my budget...my business is still new and shaky and I can't afford to spend a whole lot on gifts/incentives.

I give a SBRC for bringing a friend. I stock up through supply orders (or using FPV when I do a consultant as host show) and use past editions for giveaways. That tends to get them interested enough in them to add the current one to their order.

EgresiPC said:
OhmyDLM said:
What types of things do you offer for outside orders/bring friends? I've been wanting to do that for a while but I haven't been sure what to offer that they will be excited about without breaking my budget...my business is still new and shaky and I can't afford to spend a whole lot on gifts/incentives.

I have a basket with Nylon Pan Scrapers, Citrus Peelers, TwixIts (break the package open and throw the loose ones in), and Quickut Paring Knives. I just hand them the basket and let them choose.

In answer to your question, I do exactly as the ladies above stated. Season's Best and Twixit clips. I just pass the bag around, works like a charm and has made a huge difference in my sales!

c00p said:
The outdoor party sticks ARE what my July hosts are excited about!!! I had a show last night that booked a July show in 2 weeks because she wants them soooooo bad!! If possible, maybe you could borrow them from your recruiter or director. They really are fun, and practical. I don't live on the coast or anything (in the midwest actually) so it's not like I have a beach nearby, but think of all of the camping trips, trips to the lake, ball games, outdoor picnics, outdoor concerts, etc. People are loving these things!!

Thanks Andrea! I think I will take you up on that. Borrowing from recruiters is a good thing when you are starting out. LOL

Andrea is my recruiter. Between her advice and this site, I am looking forward to having a successful PC career. Thanks everyone!

1. How can I reach the $500 sales goal for the July special?

To reach the $500 sales goal for the July special, it is important to take advantage of all the resources available to you as a Pampered Chef consultant. This includes utilizing social media, hosting virtual parties, and reaching out to friends and family to promote the special. Additionally, offering incentives or discounts can also help boost sales.

2. What are the top selling products for the July special?

The top selling products for the July special may vary depending on your customer base, but some popular items include the Quick Cooker, the Salad & Berry Spinner, and the Rockcrok Dutch Oven. It is also important to highlight the limited edition products and any exclusive deals that may be available for the July special.

3. How can I make my parties more successful during the July special?

To make your parties more successful during the July special, it is important to have a clear understanding of the products and their benefits. This will allow you to effectively showcase and demonstrate the products to your customers. Additionally, offering fun games or prizes during the party can help increase engagement and sales.

4. What are some effective ways to promote the July special to potential customers?

There are many effective ways to promote the July special to potential customers. Utilizing social media, such as creating a Facebook event or posting on Instagram, can help reach a larger audience. Sending personalized emails or text messages to friends and family can also be effective. You can also offer referral bonuses or discounts for customers who refer others to the July special.

5. How can I track my progress towards the $500 sales goal for the July special?

To track your progress towards the $500 sales goal for the July special, you can use the Pampered Chef consultant app or website. These tools allow you to track your party sales, individual orders, and your overall sales for the month. Additionally, you can set personal goals and track your progress towards them to help motivate and stay on track.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• gilliandanielle
  • Pampered Chef Sales
Replies
Views
gilliandanielle
  • Becca_in_MD
  • Pampered Chef Sales
Replies
Views
legacypc46
  • janetupnorth