• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Why Aren't My Pink Sales Doing Well This Year?

In summary, the author is having a tough time this year. Sales are down and people are not as interested in the pink items.
pamperedlinda
Gold Member
I'm having a tough time this year. Last year it was easy peasy and I sold over 200 "pink" items. This year I can hardly give them away. I'm finding that people are just not interested in them. I've had several people ask for what we sold last year.

How are ya'll doing? Any better?

I think I've only sold 14 HWC items so far. I had a goal of 100. I still have 3 more shows and other people to follow up with, but I am not sure I will make it. People just aren't as interested in these items this year.

I've probably sold about 10-15 total. This is my first year, though, so I have nothing to compare it to. I have noticed that most people have not been too excited about them. I've had several people ask, "THESE are the pink items?". I get excited about them to try to promote them, but its not working.

Well, glad it's not just me, but so sorry it's ya'll too!

I have only sold 10-15 also! But I will be collecting a fundraiser in a week. I am hoping it will bring in some sales.

I've sold 31 so far. That is way below prior years.

I have only sold 5 in 2 shows - I still have 6 left in May - so I am going to really encourage people to purchase them for the fact that $1.00 of the sale goes to the Canadian Cancer Society.

I find that I really have to give uses for the products this year - last year, the products sold themselves!!!

I'm with all of you! Didn't think the gloves would sell, but the brush! I figured that would be a hot item. It's perfect for the muffin pan!!

My numbers are down too; but my shows have all changed to catty shows & aren't all closed yet. I do have a HWC fundraiser at the end of the month though so I hope it goes well.

btw, Linda, I'm excited for your new siggy!

I did an HWC Fundraiser last night.. good turn out... over $800 already and will close on Monday ... used little flyers highlighting each pink product and talked about them all individually with uses etc. Sold ONE brush... I think that I've sold 8 or 9 pieces total all month.

I've had many customers say that this year's products are just not as good as last years. I have only sold 10 items...mostly brushes. The gloves are cool but I guess not cool enough to buy...i dunno.

I've sold 5 brushes - that's it. I have one show to close and one more to do this month.

I also sent out a HWC email to my list at the end of last month. Absolutely nothing from that.

I sent out an Outlet email at the beginning of this month, and over $700 in sales from that - so it's not that people aren't reading my emails.:rolleyes:

Personally, if I was a customer, I wouldn't spend the $ on the HWC items this year, except maybe the brush. Last years items, I love and use every day in my kitchen!

I haven't sold that many, either. I'm doing a "catalog show" fundraiser for HWC, and usually I get close to $500 in orders by the 15th of the month, mostly pink stuff (that's what I did the past 3 years in May, at least!). This year, I'm extending my FR show through the end of the month, since I'm only at $200 in orders, and only 6 pink items (3 bought by me!). UGH!

I have a big show on Sunday (15 - 20 guests coming) and the same crowd did a show with me last year in May, so they're really into HWC. Maybe I'll sell more then? Not sure. I'll keep you all posted!

Not too badSo far I have sold 7 scoopes, 8 brushes and 2 gloves :thumbup:

Not too many, less then 15. My mom bought 3 items, my MIL bought 4, and i bought 3. I think a handful I sold at my show.

I have sold over 30 products total but most agree the 1 cup measure all cup was great. Everyone agrees that the host special with the rectangular platter and the wicker tray at $28. (Canadian PC) is a fab deal and have sold 6 of those.I personally use the one cup measure all cup at least once a day and have suggested it to HO as a new product. I am hoping to see the cup this fall.
Cathy

I learned something important with the gloves: DO not let DH with size 14 ring fingers try to try on the gloves! He couldn't get them back off :mad: Although to be honest, he looked pretty funny fighting with a pink glove! :D lol

I also havent sold many pink items I only have the HWC measuring cup and people keep wanting to purchase that. I left my 2 cup one at a hostesses house and never got it back.

I have one catalog show going this month and she said she has not gotten any orders at all yet but will have some by the end of the month.

I haven't sold very many either...maybe 8?
I love the brush...and thought it will sell much better than it is.
Not a big fan of the other two items, though.

Perhaps they will bring back the mini MAC next year...or a pink "classic" size scraper?

Ok - its so funny this thread was started - I just came home from a show - I had 1 last night and 1 this evening and 1 on Sunday day - So I called my clustermate Colleen (other talleen, hense the siggy) on my way home- she told me she was having a tough time selling them as well. I sold 1 brush in 2 shows - AND I talk about them in the beginning and at the end of my show (reminders!) and during checkout - the comments I have heard the last 2 shows is, gloves are too expensive - they can buy 3 packs for that price, measure cup is too small and $5??, the brush is cute, but again pricey. I think with the economy being so bad, people are less "giving" with their money. I, personally, love the brush - its great to clean everything from stoneware to the bathtub - OH YES!! Have the kiddies do some housework, while bathing!!

I have sold about 20 HWC products over the course of 3 shows. So far the brush is the big seller.

And LINDA, so EXCITING to see that you are a D.I.Q! You deserve it!!!!!!!:thumbup:

so funny, just got home from a show and wanted to post about the pink products, I am selling NONE. All I wear is pink all month, bribbing with pins, cancer awareness freebies etc. Only selling 1 or 2 at show.
I also had a 100 goal for myself. I think they are better than last year!!!

I sold 14 at my show tonight!! Yay!! My goal was 150! I'm so FAR from it!

My counts are
Gloves-6
Scoop-13
Brush-17
Total=36 +1=37

1 trio bowl-the other choice is more versatile.

I am with you...lower sales than expected. But I did drop some off at the dentist and gyne's offices to see if they would like them, we'll see.

Wish I could have done better -- love the cause for very personal reasons.

Last edited:
I have only sold 21 so far...very strange...I have even had hosts turn down the Pink Bowl Trio!
I am very surprised as I think the HWC items this year are awesome!
Strangely, the one I like the least (the scoop) seems to be the one I have sold the most! And the one I OVE LOVE LOVE (The gloves) are selling the least.
What are ya'll hoping to see in pink next year?
I would love to see a pink Small Mix & Scraper
Pink Handi-scrapers
Pink MF towel
and bring the pink QSP back - my hosts LOVED that on they year they offered it!

I really would love to have the Pink QSP.
I have a lot of requests for the pink MAC
People STILL want the Dots Cups - they want to buy them w/o hosting too.
I sold the heck out of the pink small cutting board and knife set too when it was available.
Pink Cake Tester (ANY caketester, just bring it back!)
Pink Twixit Clips

I'm with Linda - the first year I joined PC we had the barboard and knife - I sold a TON of them !!! QSP would be great as well , and yes the coffee and more cups - still get people wanting them!!

pamperedlinda said:
I really would love to have the Pink QSP.
I have a lot of requests for the pink MAC
People STILL want the Dots Cups - they want to buy them w/o hosting too.
I sold the heck out of the pink small cutting board and knife set too when it was available.
Pink Cake Tester (ANY caketester, just bring it back!)
Pink Twixit Clips

When the Dots cups were the host special, I had people book just to get them! I still get requests too - people want them, and hosts who got them before are still asking for more. Now, I'm just waiting for PC to do the online only deal again so that maybe I can sell some that way.

Last year, everyone LOVED the mini scraper, and the pink MAC, and I had 25 of the nylon knife on backorder until then end of June! Obviously they sold well not just for me, but for everyone! In fact, it sold so well, it's in the regular product line this season! Last year, often when I sold one, I sold all three. I think the key is to have products that people actually can see themselves using. When you have to explain the products to people as much as I've had to this year they just don't have the same impact. (like the little scoop)

Other pink products that have sold well for me:

The pink chip clips (the ones shaped like a ribbon)
bar board & knife set
microfiber towel (remember - that was the beginning of the MFT!)
twixit - clips

I think a pink handled mini serving spatula would be great,
or a pink i-slice
or how about a pink knife (we do them in green, how about a pink one?)

I have only sold 6 items so far, 2 of each. I have not had any shows yet, but had 2 booths, and had 1 order at each booth. I have 5 shows for the rest of the month, so we will see.

I have only had 2 shows so far this month, and one tonight and have only sold I think 7 items total!! I'm not so jazzed with the three items. I've had guests and hosts ask about the mini meausre all and scrapers. PC needs to bring in things that people are really going to use. These three just sit in my bag because I wouldn't use any of them. I also have had hosts turn down the pink bowls. Of course I have a MK girl who wants them for her parties! ha ha

I have sold 6 and people asked me why they aren't as good as last year ( I wasn't selling last year, but I bought the pink items last year) and I have to agree, they aren't that great. None of the hostesses like the trio bowl either, which I happen to think is adorable, but not many takers on that either. I have 2 more shows, so we'll see what happens, but I had a party and couldn't even give the stuff away last night. I gave 3 people a choice of different items to pick as a prize and no one picked the scoop or brush. The gloves just are too big for some peoples hands, I think.

I haven't sold any:(! Of course, no shows for me this month! The one I had scheduled for this Thursday rescheduled to June:(!! Gonna have to get on the phone this week!

ChefBeckyD said:
When the Dots cups were the host special, I had people book just to get them!

I booked TWO cooking shows last minute this month so people could get the pink bowl trio...they're both this weekend!! I passed the trio around at my shows and ask for suggestions as to what they'd do with them...it's fun to hear what they'd do (cotton balls, Q-tips, rings; m&ms, peanut m&ms, reeces pieces; triple ice cream sundaes).

I'm only at 22 total pink products this month with two cooking shows left to hold, two more to still close and 3 catalogs shows. It's a tie between the brush and the scoop (I demo it scooping chopped almonds...sales have gone up since I started doing that).

I had a totally sucky show tonight but I sold 2 more HWC things so now I am up to 23. I was hoping to hit 100 --- and I am SHOCKED that more people aren't grabbing up those gloves!
I tell people they are the "Desperate Housewives" gloves ... and I tell them how I lotion up my hands before doing dishes, put on the gloves, and am essentially giving my hands a facial while I am doing the dishes! And they STILL aren't buying them!!! ARGH!

First, CONGRATULATIONS Linda!!!! Not sure what planet I have been on to not notice you are so close to promoting!!

as for the pink items, I can't seem to give them away!!:cry: And I don't think that I've had one host this month choose the trio bowl as their special. Honestly, I can't blame them. BUT I had one of my team members call me tonight to tell me she is submitting a show of "couple hundred dollars of HWC items":D :D These are orders that she has collected, none from actual cooking shows. I am so proud of her. And in awe.:eek:

I personally think the gloves are way to expensive. I have said this several times. I guess maybe in a year or two we may find them at Big Lots/Odd Lots:)!

I've sold a total of 25, way down from last year, but I still have 5 shows to go.

1 - Gloves
13 - Kitchen Brushes
11 - Boobs, I mean Scoops

So far all my May hosts and past hosts have chosen the trio, so I'm not having a hard time selling those.

I really feel as if the main problem is that the items are just to expensive for people. I think the gloves are very cute, but really over priced. If the gloves were $5 I think they would be selling like hot cakes. JMO

At today's show I sold one measly kitchen brush!I have had okay sales of the other items, though.

I'm ata grand total of 17 items.

3 Pink bowl trios
3 gloves
7 scoops
4 brushes

However, I have 5 more shows and a few catty shows left so maybe there's hope.

PampMomof3 said:
I sold 14 at my show tonight!! Yay!! My goal was 150! I'm so FAR from it!

My counts are
Gloves-6
Scoop-13
Brush-17
Total=36 +1=37

1 trio bowl-the other choice is more versatile.

A good point, so far all my hosts (past & present) except for 1 has picked the Rectangle Platter w/ tray! Also the specials are a little pricey....

Ginger428 said:
A good point, so far all my hosts (past & present) except for 1 has picked the Rectangle Platter w/ tray! Also the specials are a little pricey....

I know. I'm hoping with my hosts who are picking the baskets will love the baskets so much that they'll want the set!!

Also, I spent $25 on 150 pink HWC pins and everyone who buys a pink product, will get a pin. With my $1400 show, it was full of nurses who loves pins for their badges so that may have been why I sold 14 at one show. Or they have some awesome and caring hearts that they want to help out anyway they can.:)

My party from yesterday, which wound up with only 5 paying guests, but she had 8 outside orders! Both hosts ordered the Rectangle Platter w/tray. :)

Ginger428 said:
My party from yesterday, which wound up with only 5 paying guests, but she had 8 outside orders! Both hosts ordered the Rectangle Platter w/tray. :)
I've only had one person take the woven with platter. About half have taken the tribowl and the other half are passing.

BethCooks4U said:
I've only had one person take the woven with platter. About half have taken the tribowl and the other half are passing.

I only people who have been interested in the tribowl have been people who love pink! WOW! that reminds me, a woman wants to get a little catty show together, so she can get the tribowl...thanks for reminding me! :D

I sold 14 at today's show!!
So now I am up to 37...

I am having a tough time too...Last year was great. I sold well over the $150 mark. This year I can not seem to give them away. I have a grand total of 12 in two shows. Both shows were in good attendance and both are over $500 but no one is orderin gpink stuff! The hosts are ordering the platters. They hated the trio bowl. Said they would never use it. I have like all the pink stuff we have had in the past. I only like the scrubby. So.. what you gonna do. Both parties are fundraisers. One closed at a little over $500 so that's $125. The other one I think will hit $1000. (I have a lady who wants two sets of the dots table ware!) So I will bring in at least $375 in donations that way. But geez, even as a give away with a $60 order, I can not bribe anyone to go over that to get a pink item free. They just do not want them. I think we need to make sure HO knows about this so maybe they would pick items that, well, make more sense. Turning anything in our regular line always seems to work so...
I think a Pink Colapsible Bowl or maybe a Pink Food Chopper or pink Kitchen Shears? The pink Bar boards were asked for the most by this years guests. What do you think?

A pink collapsible bowl would be cool!! White with pink flexible stuff!

I like the idea of a pink collapsible bowl, make sure to give that idea to HO.

I added mine up and I've sold 34 pink items. I also had a HWC fundraiser. I need to sell 37 more pink items to reach $150 in donations.

<h2>1. Why aren't my pink sales doing well this year?</h2><p>There could be a variety of reasons for this. It could be due to changes in customer preferences or market trends. It's also possible that there is more competition in the pink product category this year. Additionally, external factors such as the current economic climate or global events can also impact sales. </p><h2>2. I'm having a tough time this year. Last year it was easy peasy and I sold over 200 "pink" items. What could be the reason for the decrease in sales?</h2><p>It's great that you had such success with pink sales last year! However, it's important to remember that sales can fluctuate from year to year. It's possible that the demand for pink items has decreased this year, or that your target audience has changed. It's always a good idea to regularly evaluate your sales strategies and adapt to changing market conditions. </p><h2>3. I'm finding that people are just not interested in them. How can I generate more interest in my pink products?</h2><p>It can be challenging when you notice a decline in interest for a particular product. One way to generate more interest is to highlight the unique features of your pink items and how they can benefit customers. You can also consider offering special promotions or discounts to attract customers. Additionally, reaching out to potential customers through social media or hosting a themed party can also help generate interest. </p><h2>4. I've had several people ask for what we sold last year. Does this mean I should focus on selling the same products as last year?</h2><p>While it's always good to listen to customer feedback, it's important to also stay updated on current trends and adapt to changing customer preferences. It's possible that the products that were popular last year may not be as in-demand this year. Consider diversifying your product offerings and offering a variety of options to appeal to different customers. </p><h2>5. How are ya'll doing? Any better?</h2><p>Thank you for asking! At Pampered Chef, we are always striving to improve and adapt to changing market conditions. We are constantly introducing new and innovative products to keep up with customer demands and preferences. We are confident that with the right sales strategies and effort, you can successfully boost your pink sales this year. </p>

Related to Why Aren't My Pink Sales Doing Well This Year?

1. Why aren't my pink sales doing well this year?

There could be a variety of reasons for this. It could be due to changes in customer preferences or market trends. It's also possible that there is more competition in the pink product category this year. Additionally, external factors such as the current economic climate or global events can also impact sales.

2. I'm having a tough time this year. Last year it was easy peasy and I sold over 200 "pink" items. What could be the reason for the decrease in sales?

It's great that you had such success with pink sales last year! However, it's important to remember that sales can fluctuate from year to year. It's possible that the demand for pink items has decreased this year, or that your target audience has changed. It's always a good idea to regularly evaluate your sales strategies and adapt to changing market conditions.

3. I'm finding that people are just not interested in them. How can I generate more interest in my pink products?

It can be challenging when you notice a decline in interest for a particular product. One way to generate more interest is to highlight the unique features of your pink items and how they can benefit customers. You can also consider offering special promotions or discounts to attract customers. Additionally, reaching out to potential customers through social media or hosting a themed party can also help generate interest.

4. I've had several people ask for what we sold last year. Does this mean I should focus on selling the same products as last year?

While it's always good to listen to customer feedback, it's important to also stay updated on current trends and adapt to changing customer preferences. It's possible that the products that were popular last year may not be as in-demand this year. Consider diversifying your product offerings and offering a variety of options to appeal to different customers.

5. How are ya'll doing? Any better?

Thank you for asking! At Pampered Chef, we are always striving to improve and adapt to changing market conditions. We are constantly introducing new and innovative products to keep up with customer demands and preferences. We are confident that with the right sales strategies and effort, you can successfully boost your pink sales this year.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• milkangel
  • Pampered Chef Sales
Replies
Views
milkangel
  • KarenH
  • Pampered Chef Support Group
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • prissylovescooking