• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

I Haven't Been on Much Today, but Has Anyone Noticed the

Apparently, we're going to get a new design for our website, but we won't be able to use it until November 4th. We're sorry for any inconvenience this may cause.
Chefgirl2
Gold Member
I haven't been on much today, but has anyone noticed the "Get Widget" button under Our Personal Website? It sounds exciting! Unfortunately, when I clicked nothing happened.

I want widget. It is supposed to drive business to our website. I'm sure it will be more money, but I'm equally sure it will pay for itself in no time.

So, now I'm cleaning up my site by removing my home address and number and any info that's too personal.

I'm mainly doing it because in the last 2 months I've had 3 HO leads that did not have receipts for their items that they know are still under the warranty. Even w/ HO's help we can't find them...or help them. Years ago HO would make an exception. I understand why they can't...but, the people pleaser in me can't stand having someone mad at me(even though it's not me who sold them their item).

So anyway, does anyone know more about widget?

Re: Widget?Where are you seeing this?

Re: Widget?Go to Consultant's Corner > Personal Website

Re: Widget?someone more tech-savvy will have to enlighten me on what a widget is...

Re: Widget?That or we wait until November 2nd/4th.

They couldn't tell me at Tech support or Career Services. I don't know what it is, but I want it.

sad

Re: Widget?A web widget is a portable chunk of code that can be installed and executed within any separate HTML-based web page by an end user without requiring additional compilation. *I googled it....I am not THAT tech-savvy! :D*I still don't see anything when I go to CC -> PWS....just saw this when I logged into my PWS control page:
Your New and Improved Personal Web Site Coming Soon!We're excited to announce that during the week of Nov. 2, your Personal Web Site will undergo a re-design ... just in time for the holidays! It'll be updated to help you get the most out of your business and to draw more attention to it than ever before.Your upgraded Personal Web Site will feature newly designed pages, timely news articles, seasonal recipes, videos and much more!Because routine maintenance is scheduled to support this enhancement, all components of Personal Web Sites will be unavailable from approximately 12 a.m. to 4 a.m. (CT) Wednesday, November 4. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.
Maybe when you saw 'widget', that was the text they were working on putting on the page? Don't know. can't help ya here. We'll just have to wait and see.

Re: Widget?
esavvymom said:
A web widget is a portable chunk of code that can be installed and executed within any separate HTML-based web page by an end user without requiring additional compilation.

*I googled it....I am not THAT tech-savvy! :D*

I googled it too....BUT WHAT THE HECK DOES THAT MEAN?????:yuck:

cindylpal said:
I googled it too....BUT WHAT THE HECK DOES THAT MEAN?????:yuck:

Uhhhhh....not sure! :)

esavvymom said:
Uhhhhh....not sure! :)

...isn't it awful when you look something up, AND YOU STILL DON'T GET IT!!!

Re: Widget?Tell me about it! Here is the page I was looking at: Web widget - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Widgets often take the form of on-screen tools (clocks, event countdowns, auction-tickers, stock market tickers, flight arrival information, daily weather etc). widget is anything that can be embedded within a page of HTML, i.e. a web page.
There's other tech-jargon, but those are the only parts that made any sense to me. :D

esavvymom said:
A web widget is a portable chunk of code that can be installed and executed within any separate HTML-based web page by an end user without requiring additional compilation.
I would have too, but I was on my Pre and not a real computer.Now, that being said, this explanation makes it sound like that form we put on our PWS to have customers sign up for a newsletter is a widget. Or those Lily Pie countdown thingies for pregnancies or birthdays and such. What I don't understand is what kind of a widget would HO provide to us or our customers?

Re: Widget?Maybe we will be able to count visitors. I would love to know how much action my site sees...(it is not much I think).

Re: Widget?Huh?
I don't see anything on my site about a widget?

Re: Widget?on CC under personal website

Chefgirl2 said:
on CC under personal website

Nope - not there for me.
You must be special ;)

Re: Widget?Mine says...Your New and Improved Personal Web Site Coming Soon!We're excited to announce that during the week of Nov. 2, your Personal Web Site will undergo a re-design ... just in time for the holidays! It'll be updated to help you get the most out of your business and to draw more attention to it than ever before.Your upgraded Personal Web Site will feature newly designed pages, timely news articles, seasonal recipes, videos and much more!Because routine maintenance is scheduled to support this enhancement, all components of Personal Web Sites will be unavailable from approximately 12 a.m. to 4 a.m. (CT) Wednesday, November 4. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.

scottcooks said:
Mine says...

Your New and Improved Personal Web Site Coming Soon!

We're excited to announce that during the week of Nov. 2, your Personal Web Site will undergo a re-design ... just in time for the holidays! It'll be updated to help you get the most out of your business and to draw more attention to it than ever before.

Your upgraded Personal Web Site will feature newly designed pages, timely news articles, seasonal recipes, videos and much more!

Because routine maintenance is scheduled to support this enhancement, all components of Personal Web Sites will be unavailable from approximately 12 a.m. to 4 a.m. (CT) Wednesday, November 4. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.

My says what Scotts says....

Re: Widget?Under Personal Personal Web Site you don't have 5 icons? Personalize your site, Work w/your site, Customer Connection, Site Options ..and now Get Widget.

I am subsribed to the newest web tools that helps me send emails and newsletters...

Chefgirl2 said:
Under Personal Personal Web Site you don't have 5 icons? Personalize your site, Work w/your site, Customer Connection, Site Options ..and now Get Widget.

I am subsribed to the newest web tools that helps me send emails and newsletters...

That must be it...because I only have the first 4 icons. I am not subscribed to the enhanced PWS tools for directors, etc.

Re: Widget?I am subscribed and I don't have a Widget button...weird.

Re: Widget?Anyone that has funky/hi tech phones have 'widgets'... like if u have a touch screen phone with a menu that pops in and out... those calendars/clocks/bday reminders/etc are called 'widgets' don't know how that will correllate into a website, on a phone it's like a bookmark, so this will be interesting.

Re: Widget?Well, it's still there. It still isn't doing anything either. I tried to copy it...

Use The Pampered Chef® Widget to
drive people to your Personal Web Site

I have been emailing and talking w/HO office a lot about our website these last few months. If customer care is what sets us apart from other stores then I think we need email options that are not begging for bookings, recruits and leads.

Here is part of one of the letters I sent HO after talking to them:

I have a few suggestions:

Firstly, if there is a major change in policy it needs to be announced at conference and then again in an email with a subject line that states change for ____ item, policy, etc. I read everything when it first comes out. I also get so many emails and Newsletters that they all tend to look alike. I need fresh and exciting. Even though we had a full 2 pg spread in KCN I missed the details. I was shocked when I learned that using aerosol cooking sprays on the Executive Cookware is considered misuse and would void the warranty. It didn't say that when that cookware first came out. If using such spray on any nonstick surface will cause build up - isn't sharing that at our shows a valued tip that customers need to know? Add the superior quality of our cookware and all consultants sales and bookings should increase.

Secondly, I think we should offer emails from our personal websites that offer valued customer care tips. I have been told by customers that they didn't always read my emails until I started telling them to "Read Middle"
where I added what I want them to know. Every email that we have now sounds like we are begging for sales, bookings or recruits. The customer care tip should have a subject line that is suggesting that if they read this they will be wowed! We have a great warranty. Sharing that we offer a 1 year warranty in easy to read detail rocks! Most other stores pale in comparison. But, by sharing the different warranties customers will learn that not everything has a lifetime warranty. We could add seasonal "Show Stopper" tips from the past, seasonal recipes and even recipes or tips that tie in w/ the monthly special.

I'm hoping technical support could find a way for me to print multiple "Gift Receipts" on one page. To discourage multiple people on one form maybe this would only work when just one form of payment is used. This way I could encourage gift giving without having to print out 9 pages for 1 guest or hand write $0.18 of receipts. This "gift receipt would also let the giver know the recipient won't know the amount they paid or might not have paid if they are the host or the item was a bonus item.

I probably will think of more suggestions. I had them, but I had a consultant stop by and lost my momentum:)

After almost 11 years I still love this company, and I still get excited when I see the FedEx truck in my neighborhood. But I feel like this last year I have been wasting a lot of my time- not helping others. It frustrates me not one of the 4 people on my list (trying to help or HO leads)purchased their products from me. I can't help them. I'll keep trying because I know it is the right thing to do. They paid for their products knowing that they are buying quality items with a name brand they can trust. I want to make sure this isn't going to be a growing trend. If we take action and train the consultants, hosts and guests right then hopefully I can go back to coaching for success, rather than problem solving(or not).

Please let me know what you think.

Last edited:
Re: Widget?Those are some great suggestions. To be honest, my website doesn't make any money for me. It never pays for itself...as far as getting orders there. But, I feel that it is a valuable tool for customers to be able to use. I want them to go to my website...not the PC website...to look at the catalog...if they don't have a current one. I absolutely hate, the emails. I hate that every time I want to host my own show...which is every month...and I want to send emails I have to retype everyones email address into a guest list. There has to be an easier way to do most things on our sites.

Re: Widget?I don't have the get widget button, and I have the premium tools, guess I have to wait till the 4th to find out...

Chefgirl2 said:
Well, it's still there. It still isn't doing anything either. I tried to copy it...

Use The Pampered Chef® Widget to
drive people to your Personal Web Site

I have been emailing and talking w/HO office a lot about our website these last few months. If customer care is what sets us apart from other stores then I think we need email options that are not begging for bookings, recruits and leads.

Here is part of one of the letters I sent HO after talking to them:

I have a few suggestions:

Firstly, if there is a major change in policy it needs to be announced at conference and then again in an email with a subject line that states change for ____ item, policy, etc. I read everything when it first comes out. I also get so many emails and Newsletters that they all tend to look alike. I need fresh and exciting. Even though we had a full 2 pg spread in KCN I missed the details. I was shocked when I learned that using aerosol cooking sprays on the Executive Cookware is considered misuse and would void the warranty. It didn't say that when that cookware first came out. If using such spray on any nonstick surface will cause build up - isn't sharing that at our shows a valued tip that customers need to know? Add the superior quality of our cookware and all consultants sales and bookings should increase.

Secondly, I think we should offer emails from our personal websites that offer valued customer care tips. I have been told by customers that they didn't always read my emails until I started telling them to "Read Middle"
where I added what I want them to know. Every email that we have now sounds like we are begging for sales, bookings or recruits. The customer care tip should have a subject line that is suggesting that if they read this they will be wowed! We have a great warranty. Sharing that we offer a 1 year warranty in easy to read detail rocks! Most other stores pale in comparison. But, by sharing the different warranties customers will learn that not everything has a lifetime warranty. We could add seasonal "Show Stopper" tips from the past, seasonal recipes and even recipes or tips that tie in w/ the monthly special.

I'm hoping technical support could find a way for me to print multiple "Gift Receipts" on one page. To discourage multiple people on one form maybe this would only work when just one form of payment is used. This way I could encourage gift giving without having to print out 9 pages for 1 guest or hand write $0.18 of receipts. This "gift receipt would also let the giver know the recipient won't know the amount they paid or might not have paid if they are the host or the item was a bonus item.

I probably will think of more suggestions. I had them, but I had a consultant stop by and lost my momentum:)

After almost 11 years I still love this company, and I still get excited when I see the FedEx truck in my neighborhood. But I feel like this last year I have been wasting a lot of my time- not helping others. It frustrates me not one of the 4 people on my list (trying to help or HO leads)purchased their products from me. I can't help them. I'll keep trying because I know it is the right thing to do. They paid for their products knowing that they are buying quality items with a name brand they can trust. I want to make sure this isn't going to be a growing trend. If we take action and train the consultants, hosts and guests right then hopefully I can go back to coaching for success, rather than problem solving(or not).

Please let me know what you think.

That's really interesting. Keep us posted if you find out anything further. Widgets are usually used in a Webpage. (like mini-ads for example?)...how else would you "drive traffic" to your PWS. I'm wondering if they are testing out something that would allow us to do more on the internet in the future?? We shall see!

Re: Widget?Does anyone else have a Widget on their Personal Website Assistant? I have it up, but when I click on it -it just spins as if it is processing...

1. What does "I Haven't Been on Much Today, but Has Anyone Noticed the" mean?

"I Haven't Been on Much Today, but Has Anyone Noticed the" is a phrase commonly used on social media to indicate that the person has not been active on the platform that day and is wondering if anyone has noticed their absence.

2. Why do people use this phrase?

People use this phrase to either express that they have been busy or to see if anyone has noticed their absence. It can also be used as a conversation starter or to simply check in with their social media friends.

3. Is it appropriate to use this phrase in a professional setting?

No, it is not appropriate to use this phrase in a professional setting as it may come across as unprofessional or attention-seeking. It is best to use it in a casual or personal setting on social media platforms.

4. Can this phrase be used on all social media platforms?

Yes, this phrase can be used on all social media platforms, such as Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, etc. It is a common phrase that is used to indicate one's absence on any platform.

5. Are there any alternative phrases to use instead of "I Haven't Been on Much Today, but Has Anyone Noticed the"?

Yes, there are several alternative phrases that can be used to convey a similar message, such as "Sorry for my absence, has anyone noticed?", "Haven't been on here much, did I miss anything?", or "Been MIA, has anyone noticed?". It ultimately depends on the individual's personal style and preference.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Intrepid_Chef
  • Pampered Chef Sales
Replies
Views
Shari in TX
  • chefmoseley
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
esavvymom
  • pamperedval