• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Struggling to Increase Sales at Shows? Here's What You Can Try!

In summary, the expert summarizer believes that there are few buyers at shows lately and they are not spending much. They recommend upselling and watching orders when placing them. They also suggest sending mini catalogs and hosting a party.
pamperedcheermom
I've had several shows recently but none have been much more than $300 each show. A bridal shower I did closed at $559 but the rest were small. Here lately people are afraid to spend money so they're coming to the shows and buying a $20 product. There may be one person who orders $75-$100 in products but that doesn't go far.
The shows I've done are completely with people who are "outside my box" so they aren't family or friends..........I haven't known any of them at my last three shows. So it's not like I'm only pursuing friends and family. The people at the shows are from different lifestyles (low income to high income, etc) but they still aren't buying much.

Is anyone else having this problem? At our meetings there are consultants talking about a $700 show she did recently or the $1000 show she had last week. Where are they finding these people?

My sales at mid-October at $1465 which I think is pretty good but that's from 5 shows. :confused:

I've noticed a few shows that "should" have been larger but no matter what I did, I couldn't get the sales higher. Something you could try would be to upsell. Watch their orders when they place them. If they order a knife or the food chopper, ask about ordering a cutting board to go with it. If they order utensil pieces, ask about the TTA. That helps to add things to the show.I also offer my host a free RUFTH trivet with 7 orders before the show, that way they are working on orders too.I just started sending mini catalogs for my holiday shows. I sent my first batch out tonight, we'll see how that goes.

Oh yeah, I have a lot of consultants who talk about the DCB. At the regular price, it's about as much as a family of 4 going out to dinner for the night. If you give them recipes, they can cook for many nights for the same price as one dinner when they buy the DCB. Pick the products that sell well and talk about those.

The biggest thing that has helped me is I play the timer game like others have but I don't make it just about the business I tell them they can also ask questions about a product to get tickets and I find that helps sell the products. This way questions get answered that others may have thought about also. So I set the timer for 7 minutes or so and watch the questions fly at me LOL Keeping up with the ticket giving is easy because I have the host give them out LOL My last party last week I had 4 people order over a hundred dollars and a few more order over sixty dollars. Yes I had smaller orders as well but those were from people who also booked a party themselves to get what they really want for free LOL The party ended closing just over $900. Hopefully I do even better at my next one. She is expecting over 20 guests.....wow, might have to set timer for 10 minutes LOL

bring some stemware, a wine pourer and magnum of wine...:D

joking..................... or not?

Actually at that I party I mentioned I did bring the pourer only. I don't have the glasses yet, waiting for them still. But anyways I sold 5 of the pourers because I let the host use it on her wine and people loved it.

hey, seriously tho.... now that Im thinking about it, a winetasting show! Bring stemware, the wine openers, pourers, the bamboo board for cheese and crackers, maybe make a beer bread... and make it interactive... let the guests open the bottles of wine, pour thier own wine and hopefully the orders will pour in as fast as the wine pours out! lol - but, it would be a more expensive show tho. You could get a bottle or two for $15 I guess...

(it may be better as an open house event):confused:

Last edited:
I've noticed it too.
I just do what I can and let people order what they want/can afford.I'm not in to having people buy more than they really should (I'm not saying I'm a super force in selling or anything, but I feel badly when I know people are spending more than they can really afford to).

The trick is in the host coaching. People in general (right now) can't afford to spend $100...so you coach the host to get more guests! What I say to drive it home is "If you have only a few guests, they'll feel obligated to spend money, and feel really uncomfortable. If you have a nice full house, they can get what they want or need, without feeling pressured- and everyone (especially you at the end of the night) will have more fun and leave looking forward to their products (instead of fretting over telling Dear Hubby how much they spent!") LOL... ,The other thing is the outside orders- be sure to give her the words- that makes all the difference!

Cookin to the top is right. Volume is the key. My last kitchen show was just over $500. Most of mine lately have been over $700. Very few of the guests have been able to earn the Guest Special because they're ordering $20-$30. That's not a problem if you have lots of guests and oodles of outside orders.When I host coach, I make sure they know why it's important to over-invite. I also make sure they know why to collect outside orders and how to do that.At my last $800+ show, the host commented at the closing that one of the things people told her afterward was that they liked that I didn't press them to order more. There was one guest who was only $1.50 from the special. I told her, then added, "I'm not trying to get you to buy something you don't need. I just want to make sure that if there's a $3.00 item you've been eying, you know that buying it will get you . . ."

My director is still doing pretty well over all with her sales, and says that she's been focusing on how with everyone eating at home more, you need the proper tools to be able to make that restaurant quality food that we all crave.

Her attendance has been down, though, and we think that we have it pinpointed to the fact that hosts aren't inviting out of guilt (like, I know Suzie is struggling right now, I don't want her to feel like she HAS to buy something), so she is working on a strategy to address that in her host coaching.

nikked said:
My director is still doing pretty well over all with her sales, and says that she's been focusing on how with everyone eating at home more, you need the proper tools to be able to make that restaurant quality food that we all crave.

Her attendance has been down, though, and we think that we have it pinpointed to the fact that hosts aren't inviting out of guilt (like, I know Suzie is struggling right now, I don't want her to feel like she HAS to buy something), so she is working on a strategy to address that in her host coaching.

I got "scolded" at my cluster meeting last week about thinking this way myself. :eek: I was a customer for 10+ years, but only been a consultant for 2 months. So I know that as a past host, that's what I'd be thinking- "I don't want to guilt people into spending money that is REALLY precious right now just so I (the host) can earn a few free products." I know as a consultant, that's no way to run a business, but it's the truth. So the trick will be finding that fine line to address the economic concerns and having people realize that our products ARE not just a luxury but are an investment into our effort to save money over the long-haul. I also want to try to offer a service that allows me to help them decide on the best products....by finding out what kind of cook they are or what kinds of foods/schedules they have so we don't steer them to the wrong products. A convenience/microwave cooking person wouldn't want or need all the hands-on prep tools, she'd be better with our microwave products and basics....or a baker versus an entertainer.

Also- I know that I can pull from my personal experience recently with cutting our grocery budget from $1100 for a family of 4 plus $300 dining out per month, down to $650 grocery and $140 dining out per month- almost a 50% cut! And we did it in less than two months. By sharing that in my own story, I think I can hopefully show people not only a way to save money at the store (have a budget, meal plan, STICK TO A LIST!, stay away from Big-box stores without a list, and use cash-cash-cash!) - and then highlight the benefits of having good TOOLS at home in my kitchen to make my job faster, more fun, and better quality for the money.

I wish I could say it would convert to more sales. I've been told by my director that my ideas and such are great (she could just be SAYING that)....but I'm new and haven't gotten many bookings yet to try it out and say if it increases sales. But given current times, it's on everyone's mind when they go to parties. Home Parties are considered a 'luxury' to alot of people. Going to walmart to buy a gadget feels different than buying at a party. My job is to help them buy the item they want/need without wasting money on things they don't.

Just my opinion.... :) Not sure how much help it is.

A reminder I make to hosts when they say they're not inviting many because of the economy is that it's an incredibly cheap night of entertainment. They get to have fun with friends, eat free food, and learn how to save. I also remind them that no one is obligated to purchase a thing.

raebates said:
A reminder I make to hosts when they say they're not inviting many because of the economy is that it's an incredibly cheap night of entertainment. They get to have fun with friends, eat free food, and learn how to save. I also remind them that no one is obligated to purchase a thing.

Also - I tell them that the more people that are there, the less they feel obligated to buy something that they don't need or can't afford. If there are just a few who attend, that's when people feel obligated.

cookin to the top said:
The trick is in the host coaching. People in general (right now) can't afford to spend $100...so you coach the host to get more guests! What I say to drive it home is "If you have only a few guests, they'll feel obligated to spend money, and feel really uncomfortable. If you have a nice full house, they can get what they want or need, without feeling pressured- and everyone (especially you at the end of the night) will have more fun and leave looking forward to their products (instead of fretting over telling Dear Hubby how much they spent!") LOL... ,The other thing is the outside orders- be sure to give her the words- that makes all the difference!

A host of mine had a show Saturday and invited a lot of people (she is in direct sales too, so she knows pretty well how to have a good party) but only a few couples came. There were a total of 8 people but really they only counted as 5 buyers since a majority of them came with their spouse. This was beneficial though. Getting husbands in the room caused a competition to buy more and besides that, it was hilarious. I had two orders over $100 (one of which was $210) and another over $60. I also told all her guests that those that spend $100 or more not only get the monthly guest special but they'll also get their names in a drawing for a prize. (I had ordered an extra Rotary Grater by accident so this is what I gave) It went over so well I may continue doing the drawing but we'll see. People had fun and I was home about 2 hours later.

I guess my point is, try and have guests bring their spouses. It's difficult in my position to do so since so many of them are out to sea all the time, but when they are home, they want to have fun and spend time together so they can do both at a show. Guys love PC as much as gals do and sometimes they make the best guests.

I hope this help.

I have found that women who bring their husbands often tell me they weren't planning to spend as much as they did, but their husbands insisted they needed everything they bought.

raebates said:
I have found that women who bring their husbands often tell me they weren't planning to spend as much as they did, but their husbands insisted they needed everything they bought.

It's the same thought process men use on why they have new tools all the time.:p

esavvymom said:
Also- I know that I can pull from my personal experience recently with cutting our grocery budget from $1100 for a family of 4 plus $300 dining out per month, down to $650 grocery and $140 dining out per month- almost a 50% cut!

Please tell your secrets!! I have been trying to cut ours and haven't been nearly as successful as you have! Congrats!

I encourage wives to invite their husbands. men KNOW the value oif a good tool for the job!!! They get it!!!

Maybe we ought to write bring your spouse other than bring a friend.

For the most party, my shows are over a $1,000. So if I break down what I do, here is a list:

-During Host Coaching - tell the Host WE want 12-15 orders.
-Encourage the Host to sell to her friends - what products does SHE LOVE the most?
-ALWAYS talk about the big 4 - SA, Stoneware, Cookware, and Forged NO MATTER WHAT RECIPE YOU DO.
-Tell people 'YOU NEED THIS PRODUCT BECAUSE...' (TELL THEM HOW THIS PRODUCT IS GOING TO MAKE THEIR LIFE EASIER, AND HOW THEY WILL GET OUT OF THE KITCHEN FASTER)
-Give examples of what they can DO with the product (ex: recipes for the Stoneware pieces/sizes, cookware recipes for the 12" skillet or grill pan, tell/show them everything they can do (and the different combinations) with their SA pieces.
-I tell people 'EVERYONE NEEDS a good KNIFE, GREAT COOKWARE, and a good cutting board' - and I tell them why.

I agree with encouraging HOW EASY IT CAN BE to eat at home.

I think Ann had suggested to figure out how much an average family spends on eating out in a month - because most people don't realize it.
Ex: cost to eat out $45 for a family (or whatever), once a week for a month = about $180 A MONTH! :(

Anyways, HTH

1. How do you convince someone to buy Pampered Chef products?

The best way to convince someone to buy Pampered Chef products is by showcasing the quality and versatility of our products. You can demonstrate how our products make cooking and meal preparation easier and more enjoyable. You can also share testimonials from satisfied customers and offer special promotions or discounts to entice them to make a purchase.

2. How do you handle objections from potential customers?

It's important to listen to the customer's objections and address them with empathy. You can offer solutions or alternatives to the objections they have raised. It's also helpful to share your own positive experiences with the products and how they have benefited you. Additionally, you can offer a satisfaction guarantee to reassure them of the quality of our products.

3. How do you create a sense of urgency to encourage customers to buy?

You can create a sense of urgency by highlighting limited time offers or promotions. You can also showcase the popularity of a product or its limited availability. Another way is to offer a special discount or free gift for a limited time. This can incentivize customers to make a purchase sooner rather than later.

4. How do you handle indecisive customers?

When dealing with indecisive customers, it's important to provide them with all the necessary information about the product they are interested in. You can also offer a demonstration or allow them to try the product before making a decision. It's also helpful to ask open-ended questions to understand their needs and concerns and address them accordingly.

5. How do you build trust with potential customers?

Building trust with potential customers is crucial in making a sale. You can do this by providing accurate and transparent information about our products. You can also share testimonials and reviews from satisfied customers. Offering a satisfaction guarantee and excellent customer service can also help build trust and credibility with potential customers.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
Gabrin
  • ughubug
  • Pampered Chef Sales
Replies
Views
ChltNCRenee
  • DebbieSM
  • Pampered Chef Sales
Replies