• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Who's Attending National Conference Aug 2008?

In summary, Cathy is going to National Conference with her Director, Linda Runions and Patty Oliver. Esther is also going to National Conference with her Director, Kim Lee. Lorna is going to Conference with her Director, Patty Oliver. Cathy is from St. Catharines, ON and is driving with her Director from there to Toronto. Lorna is from PEI and is flying with her Director. Esther is from Windsor, ON and is driving with her Director from there to Toronto. Patty Oliver is from Toronto and is driving with her Director from there to Toronto. Kim Lee is from Markham, ON and is driving with her Director from there to Toronto. Esther and Patty Oliver are both New Consultants. Lorna
CathyBob
Gold Member
Hi Fellow Canadians,

Just checking in to see who else will be at Conference.

I am a new consultant - as of April 08 and have already booked at Conference.

Any other Newbies signed up?

I will be going with my Director :)

I will be there! I am driving from Calgary Alberta! ... Leaving on Aug 1st to make it to Markham by the 6th!

I am going, driving from Oakville to Toronto with my team.

Veevahchef said:
I will be there! I am driving from Calgary Alberta! ... Leaving on Aug 1st to make it to Markham by the 6th!

Wow! that will be quite the drive!!

I will be coming in from Montreal with my Director and her Director.... Should be fun :)

Who is your Director?I am thinking from where you are from, it is Kim Lee?

Esther

ChefEsther said:
I am thinking from where you are from, it is Kim Lee?

Esther

No, its Patty Oliver and Linda Runions - I am looking forward to meeting Kim Lee, I have heard so much about her!

I am coming from St. Catharines, ON which is a 1 1/2 hour drive. This will be my third year and I cannot wait. I ablsolutely love the surprise packs and cannot wait to pick up a few. My director is undecided if she will be staying with us but I have reserved and room and there are the two of us confirmed. Last year Conference was in downtown TO where there is much more to do but a little pricier. Should be lots of fun!
Cathy

Hi everyone!

I made it to director!! I am going to national conference with Cathy and Linda so far, I hope more people will join us. I am very excited.

Hi Cathy!!

Hi Patty :)

Is it cheaper to drive than fly???

I soooo want to go. But flight from NS are ridiculously expensive. Plus, my DH owns & operates a large moving company -- the 3 largest Atlas carrier in the country -- so summer time is "nutso crazazy" for him. I have no one to watch my 3 kids.
I did tell him that if I promote to Director I AM going. I have 4 recruits now, with a 5th about to sign. Now to get them all qualified....

I wish I could go, but as PEI said... its really $$ to fly from here. I'd love to go, and also visit around there too since all my family is there (were a military family here in NS).

And PEI, WTG to your DH! He must love posting season for the military, huh? :p

It seems a lot of us are in the same boat when it comes to flying costs!! And being from BC driving would just be crazy!! Oh well maybe one day they will have it out my way :(

TIG -- DND is what makes summers crazy!! They do 50% of the DND moves so it gets pretty busy.
#5 might sign this week :) Now to get them all qualified PRONTO!! Maybe then DH will be a little more flexible about NC. I want to go soooo badly :(

Seat Sale!
I noticed on West Jet, there is a seat sale on Thurs, Aug 7 to Toronto. Saves $100. on your flight. It pays to keep checking, there will be lots of consultants arriving on Thursday to conference and you get checked in early which believe me is a good thing.
Lorna

Wow, 50%, that is nuts!
Our last move here 2 yrs ago was horrible - but it was due to the moving comapny on Winnipeg's end! It got here all awful - lovely 14K claim!

Booked my ticket to TO today! Probably paid too much, but didn't want to wait any longer. I just don't feel like flying cargo!! LOL I'll just have to work my business extra hard to pay it off.

I can't wait! Went last year and it was totally awesome! I can't wait to go again and see everyone. Wish all you guys could be there.... :(

This reminds me...I must order myself a CS pin....

I so badly want to go...I'm registered..but like everyone else said $$ talks! :grumpy: I have a friend that works for A/C so I keep hinting that she should take me to Toronto that weekend. Conference is such a great moral boost for your business. And I so want the FREE stuff! Never know...a lottery win may come about before then! :)

902canadiangirl said:
I so badly want to go...I'm registered..but like everyone else said $$ talks! :grumpy: I have a friend that works for A/C so I keep hinting that she should take me to Toronto that weekend. Conference is such a great moral boost for your business. And I so want the FREE stuff! Never know...a lottery win may come about before then! :)

Don't give up on that lottery thought...you never know! ;) I had a friend win $5M a few years back....wish I had of been buying tickets with him!! LOL

Get on the phone you guys and share your goals with everyone and get more dates on your calendars! Hopefully, that will help with the expense. That's my plan, anyway! :)

Anyone else planning on going to conference?

Hi,

I will be at Conference this year. It will be my second year attending and I just can't wait. It is so much fun.

It would be fun to have a Cheffer reunion. Who'd be up for that??

I'd be interested in meeting up with some Cheffers :) Let me know what works... any suggestions?
Also, if anyone knows anyone who needs 1 person for their room, I am looking. The 3 girls that I was planning on sharing with have decided not to come this year :( I am still working on one to join me, but her interests are wandering from PC nowadays.Esther

Esther, if I hear of anyone who has extra room, I'll let you know.

ok, i said before that i am driving there from calgary. It was just going to be a stop on our family vacation we were camping all the way to Niagra falls, then to Chicago... ect ect.
HOWEVER.....

hubby came home the other day and informed me that because of some issues with his business, we can no longer afford to do the trip.....

SO, I am now flying on points to Toronto and sharing room with a consultant on my downline. luckily I will get my gift cards (in lieu of paris trip) when i get there so that will help.

Kinda sad that the whole big camping trip is not going to happen now though!
I really wanted my hubby and kids to see Niagra falls and we were going to go to Canada's wonderland. Oh well, hopefully conference will make me feel better.

K

Veevahchef said:
ok, i said before that i am driving there from calgary. It was just going to be a stop on our family vacation we were camping all the way to Niagra falls, then to Chicago... ect ect.
HOWEVER.....

hubby came home the other day and informed me that because of some issues with his business, we can no longer afford to do the trip.....

SO, I am now flying on points to Toronto and sharing room with a consultant on my downline. luckily I will get my gift cards (in lieu of paris trip) when i get there so that will help.

Kinda sad that the whole big camping trip is not going to happen now though!
I really wanted my hubby and kids to see Niagra falls and we were going to go to Canada's wonderland. Oh well, hopefully conference will make me feel better.

K

Well, that sucks! Glad you can make it to conference, though! :) Hopefully your family will be able to make the trip next year.

I am so glad that you can still come! A bummer that your whole family can't have a trip too :(

Esther

That's too bad about your family trip. :(

Since Markham is about 20 minutes from my house, I will be going. This will be my 4th! I am really looking forward to going.

Am I correct in assuming that we will have surprise boxes as well? I spoke with another consultant who thought that there may not be?????

902canadiangirl said:

the flights are SUPER cheap right now... go check on A/C and westjet!

Veevahchef said:
the flights are SUPER cheap right now... go check on A/C and westjet!

Gee, don't tell me that!! I bought my ticket already, 'cause I didn't want to be left without a seat!! I know I probably could have gotten a better deal! Oh well, guess I'll stay off those sites or they might make me sick! :p :yuck:

Can't wait to meet you all at NC!!!!! :D Don't forget your CS buttons! Got mine the other day! :)

I'll be there for my 6th Conference! I can't wait - I earned it for free so it's all the more sweet! The surprise packs are the best. A little trick, though, is to wait until a few people have bought them so you can see what's in them. They aren't all the same. They came in $25 or $50 boxes, but there were different colours stickers - small dots - on the boxes, so my $25 box would be different from yours. Go through what other people have opened (yes, they rip into them right there in the lobby!) and decide which box you'd like and try to get one with that sticker.
See ya there!

I havn't heard anything about surprise boxes this year so who knows. There will be 2 winners of a shopping spree at the markham office. Those 2 winners will get to pick 5 other people to join them for a spree. It was on the hotline a few weeks ago!!!!

I will be flying into Markham on the 7th from New Brunswick. I'm a Consultant since November 2007. This will be my first NC and I can't wait to get there. Hope to meet you Maritimers out there and all other great PC reps.

Take Care!

Chef Gilles said:
I will be flying into Markham on the 7th from New Brunswick. I'm a Consultant since November 2007. This will be my first NC and I can't wait to get there. Hope to meet you Maritimers out there and all other great PC reps.

Take Care!

WOO HOO...another Maritimer!! :) Hope to see you there! :) Post your schedule on ChefEsther's post about our schedules. It would be nice to see everyone! :D

1. Who can attend National Conference in August 2008?

Any consultant for Pampered Chef can attend National Conference in August 2008.

2. How do I register for National Conference?

You can register for National Conference on the Pampered Chef website or through your consultant.

3. Is there a cost to attend National Conference?

Yes, there is a registration fee for National Conference. The amount may vary depending on when you register and any special promotions that may be available.

4. Are there any special requirements to attend National Conference?

No, there are no special requirements to attend National Conference. However, it is recommended that you are an active consultant and in good standing with the company.

5. Can I bring a guest to National Conference?

Yes, you can bring a guest to National Conference. However, they will need to register and pay the same registration fee as a consultant.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• alidafrizzell
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
MissChef
  • Poll
  • esavvymom
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
Popinfresh78