• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Canadian National Conference 2009

I think it was around $1100 round trip... not bad at all!I am also going to National Conference this year!
ChefEsther
Gold Member
Hello, thought I would get the discussion rolling.

We have the opportunity to earn free or 1/2 price conference registration in April. For those of you who will be flying, I would be trying to earn those levels - then the "extra" you have earned by reaching for that incentive can be used for your hotel or airfare!

I will be attending this year, but dh & newborn are hanging out in the hotel room. I am due July 30, so barring any unforseen complications, we'll be there :) Our other kiddoes are going to be with Grandma & Grandpa so I think dh is looking forward to "sleeping when the baby sleeps" lol...

I am going (live in AB). I wanted to go last year but DH felt like the kids were too young (2 and 1 - we didn't have family to help come and watch the kids). So no excuses this year! I am going! I have past up the Trip for One and Leadership - there is NOTHING stopping me from attending in August!

I am so there this year - if I earn it for free or not!I went last year (first year I joined) and took back so much - I recommend it for everyone who takes their career seriously!!Cathy - in Quebec!

I am wondering if anyone recalls what the costs were for last year's 2008 conference. Just planning ahead. I did join conference club, so I have a bank there, and am planning on earning my registration fee, but would like to know how much the rooms (approx cost). I've already sent my accounting info to my accountant for the year, so I don't have the receipts handy!
TIA

Registration was $275 but only $200 if you registered by July 1.... they advertised rooms at a special rate but I got my room cheaper through Expedia.ca...so it actually was NOT a special rate for conference attendees... It was BULL!!!!!

I plan on attending this year again coming from New Brunswick!

Thanks, I just looked on expedia this morning - I like how the charge is per room not per person... $89 (non refundable) or $109 (refundable) / room with 2 queen sized beds! I was getting worried because I won't have room mates this year (unless you count hubby and new babe) to help split the cost.

Last year the rooms were totally reasonable..suite with 4 people for only $140 a night... the year we stayed at the royal york in toronto it was $300 a night for the SMALLEST room. Only thing is the "limo" or cab or car from the airport to markham is from $65-140. there were 7 of of us on the way back to the airport so it was $25 each... not too bad. Also remember they have had "surprise" packs and last year they sold a bunch of "older" twixit clips and seasons best for REALLY cheap so you might want an extra suitcase for that.

I forgot.. I just saw the flights to toronto if you book before april 6 and go on a mon-tues or wed (before June 30)then it's $69 plus tax (from winnipeg) so hopefully they will have a good sale like that for august... we'll just have to wait and see... it comes to $242 in total... last year i almost paid DOUBLE.

Oh, Robyn, I remember the Royal York! It was an old hotel so no "extra's" that's for sure... It is still a lovely hotel, but would have prefered we stayed at the Westin Harbour Castle which they had done previously. I am dating myself here! lol I loved the Markham Hilton - for us driving, it meant we can avoid going downtown Toronto to get there, although it meant a cab ride for everyone else... (okay if you thought ahead & carpooled). The whole price of staying went down dramatically once they moved the event out of downtown... :) Plus we went for awesome dim sum on Sunday afternoon after conference was over in the restaurant downstairs. Delicious!

Well I've decided that I'm going to National Conference!!! This will be my 3rd time. I hope that I feel better this time. Last time I didn't feel good and went anyway and ended up coming home early.
I was wondering if any one knew any info on the hotel we will be staying at? Also did anyone get good prices on flights and hotel?
Tina

I already have arranged for my parents to come and help look after the kids. I am getting excited! :)

IT's the same hotel as last year... Hilton in markham... flights.. i know a bunch from my cluster bought theirs around Christmas because they were on sale but I didn't have any cash so I am waiting a little longer this year.. there is ALWAYS a sale

Robynchefcanada said:
IT's the same hotel as last year... Hilton in markham... flights.. i know a bunch from my cluster bought theirs around Christmas because they were on sale but I didn't have any cash so I am waiting a little longer this year.. there is ALWAYS a sale

Good to know - thanks Robyn.

ChefEsther, I just looked up the hotel on Expedia and it was $132 a night? Was looking to find the $89 rate that you have. Could you post a link or PM me.
Thanks Danielle

Hi Everyone,
This will be my 1st Conference and I am really looking forward to it. I am coming from Alberta. I hope to meet some of you ladies who will be going!
Julie Hinecker

jules said:
Hi Everyone,
This will be my 1st Conference and I am really looking forward to it. I am coming from Alberta. I hope to meet some of you ladies who will be going!
Julie Hinecker

I am going to my FIRST Conference too. I am also hoping to meet CS people - especially you Julie because we live close.

Registration is up!!!! The rooms are $150/night - there are choices between 1 king suite or a double suite... There are queen sized pull out couches in each suite as well. I found the sofabed uncomfortable last year, but it would be okay for 1 to just sleep on it as a couch if they wanted. Also, take a look at the workshops being offered this year...

Well I thought about going until I looked at costs!!! For flight and hotel it will be over $1000.00. That doesn't include all other expenses. So looks like I will not be going!

What is the date and location of the Canadian National Conference 2009?

The Canadian National Conference 2009 will take place on August 21-23, 2009 at the International Centre in Mississauga, Ontario.

What is the cost to attend the Canadian National Conference 2009?

The cost to attend the conference is $199 CAD for Consultants and $299 CAD for Directors. This includes all sessions, materials, and meals during the conference.

Are there any hotel accommodations available for the Canadian National Conference 2009?

Yes, there are special discounted rates available for conference attendees at the Hilton Toronto Airport Hotel and Suites. You can book your room through the conference registration website.

What is the dress code for the Canadian National Conference 2009?

The dress code for the conference is business casual. Comfortable shoes are recommended as there will be a lot of walking and standing during the sessions.

Will there be any special events or activities at the Canadian National Conference 2009?

Yes, there will be a variety of fun and exciting events and activities planned for conference attendees, including a welcome reception, awards ceremony, and a vendor marketplace. More details will be provided closer to the conference date.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• slapsappyhappy
  • National Conferences and Meetings
Replies
Views
jbdowd0798
  • PampMomof3
  • Buy and Sell Items
Replies
Views
chefkugler
  • PampMomof3