• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Who Needs Expired Grocery Coupons? Military People?

In summary, military personnel and their families, including active duty, reserve, and retired members, are eligible to use expired grocery coupons. These coupons can be found by reaching out to local coupon groups, checking online databases, or asking friends and family to save their expired coupons for donation. However, it's best to check with the specific store or base regarding their policies on accepting expired coupons. When donating expired coupons, it may be necessary to sort them by type or expiration date, depending on the requirements of the base or organization. The discount received by military families when using expired coupons may vary, but it can result in significant savings when combined with sales and other discounts.
dannyzmom
Gold Member
I know a few months ago there was a discussion about where tp send expired coupons...I have an envelope full of them and would rather pass them on to a Cheffer than throw them away - who needs 'em? They'll go out in today's mail.

I have some that just expired as well. I'd be glad to send them to anyone stationed overseas as well.

Here's the official policy on their usage:
Commissaries (the 'grocery store' on military installations) located in foreign overseas areas accept coupons up to six months after the expiration date stated on a coupon.

Same here. PM me with your address. I had no idea expired coupons could be used this way. Now I don't have to throw them out!!

I just got some in the mail from someone else. I haven't taken them down to the commissary to the big bin yet. You are all welcome to use my address to mail them to!!

Kris, do you have it already? I am box 9332 at the Ramstein North.

Holly and Carolyn, I will PM the full addy to you.

I know that our local Kroger store has a collection box for them!

That's an even better idea!! I wish that all grocery stores in the States had boxes to send to the troops overseas when they are expired!!

Wow, I always have TONS of expired coupons - Mom clips and sends all coupons to me and I don't use many. I'll save them and send them off then...

Related to Who Needs Expired Grocery Coupons? Military People?

1. Who is eligible to use expired grocery coupons?

Military personnel and their families are eligible to use expired grocery coupons. This includes active duty, reserve, and retired members of the military.

2. How can I find expired grocery coupons to donate to military families?

You can find expired grocery coupons by reaching out to local coupon groups, checking online coupon databases, or asking friends and family to save their expired coupons for donation.

3. Can I use expired coupons at any store on base?

Each military base may have different policies regarding the use of expired coupons. It's best to check with the specific store or base you plan on shopping at to see if they accept expired coupons.

4. Do I need to do anything special when donating expired coupons to military families?

Some military bases may require you to sort the coupons by type or expiration date before donating, so it's best to check with the base or organization you plan on donating to for their specific requirements.

5. How much of a discount do military families receive when using expired coupons?

The discount may vary depending on the store and the specific coupon being used. However, military families can save a significant amount of money by using expired coupons, especially when combined with sales and other discounts.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Lisa/ChefBear
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
Sheila
  • AmieCream
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
AmieCream
  • akrebecca