• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Who All Is Getting There on Wed the 9Th & What Time

In summary, Carolyn and Jenn are both arriving in Chicago on Wednesday, September 9th at around 10am. They will be meeting up with another sister director to head to Navy Pier to shop and eat.
kaseydee
Gold Member
I saw wave 2 had a thread similar. My question is who is getting to Chicago Wed the 9th & what time are you arriving.

My flight lands at 12:30 that afternoon.:chef:

Yes, sometime in the evening - need to get my train ticket still! Yikes!

My flight gets there around 10am....

We get in around 11ish

Carolyn - your the pen-aholic right? I am calling my drug sales rep friend right now to remind her to bring me some of her pens.

kaseydee said:
Carolyn - your the pen-aholic right? I am calling my drug sales rep friend right now to remind her to bring me some of her pens.

Woo Hoooo!!!!
Office supplieeeeeeeeeeeeess!!!:love:

We are arriving fairly early in the am. Then off shopping!

We are getting there around mid-day.

Not sure what we are doing ...

I'm landing at Midway at 2:40!

I can't wait!!!!!:sing:

Our flight lands at 11:50am......I can't believe it's two weeks away!!!
woo-hooo!!!!

On the same flight as Jenn. in Midway at 2:40 PM then check in and off to shop and eat at Navy Pier

We get in at 2:10 at Midway! We will go and get checked in and then head to Navy Pier too!

Last edited:
we land at O'hare about 2:30--shuttle anyone?

We'll be driving in and arriving sometime in the early afternoon.

Driving in and should arrive sometime around 2'ish.

My plane lands at 11:25 a.m. at Midway.

Sometime mid afternoon for me

StacieB said:
We get in at 2:10 at Midway! We will go and get checked in and then head to Navy Pier too!

We will head to Bubba's for dinner, maybe we'll see you again this year! Or in the line for the B's. Ha Ha

I wanna say we get in around 6, but I'm not sure

We're getting in @8am! A bunch of us are eating at Hancock's on the 95th floor! :eek:I think I"ll have a heart attack up there!

I'll be in around 8amish at O'Hare. Flying standby here so times can vary. Just hope flights don't start looking bad between now and then. They look great now!

smspamperedchef said:
I'll be in around 8amish at O'Hare. Flying standby here so times can vary. Just hope flights don't start looking bad between now and then. They look great now!

We'll have to meet together at O'Hare Sharon!! There will be me and another sister director flying in together at 8 so we should take the L to the city!

OK - we have decided to be brave and take the train from OHare to the Palmer House.
Can we buy our tickets ahead? Anyone know the shortcuts?

The L Train? I believe if its the same one I took last year, It's $2 and you pay there.

Deb will know.

I looked up on their website & you can by a day pass for 1 to 12 days I think. I'm going to get the pass b/c I don't know if I will be using it for more than just to & from the airport/hotel.

Our cluster gets to Ohare around 1:30. A few of us are going to see Wicked that evening.

We are coming via train and will get in around noon. Woooo Hoooo!!!!! Plus we are staying Saturday night to play!

kaseydee said:
I looked up on their website & you can by a day pass for 1 to 12 days I think. I'm going to get the pass b/c I don't know if I will be using it for more than just to & from the airport/hotel.

I can't imagine that you would take the L anywhere else, but if it is good for the bus, then you might consider it.

the pass is good for all trains & I think the buses too.

kaseydee said:

Who needs pens? My best friend's DH is a doctor and she has pens coming out her ears! I just saw a big box that she left at church.

dannyzmom said:
OK - we have decided to be brave and take the train from OHare to the Palmer House.
Can we buy our tickets ahead? Anyone know the shortcuts?
Each station has a farecard machine. You have to buy a card and you can put any amt of money on it--I'm not sure what the minimum is, though. Too bad I didn't read this before I went out tonight as DH and I were downtown and we rode the train and I could have checked.Anyway, it's $2 pp to ride, but you can load up one card and can use it for each person, so it's probably smartest to do that. Stick the card in slot in the turnstile, pull it out, you get the green light to go through, then hand the card to the next person behind you. I'm sure at O'Hare they'll have an attendant on duty to help.The farecards can be used on all CTA transit--buses and trains.

DebbieJ said:
Each station has a farecard machine. You have to buy a card and you can put any amt of money on it--I'm not sure what the minimum is, though. Too bad I didn't read this before I went out tonight as DH and I were downtown and we rode the train and I could have checked.

Anyway, it's $2 pp to ride, but you can load up one card and can use it for each person, so it's probably smartest to do that.

Stick the card in slot in the turnstile, pull it out, you get the green light to go through, then hand the card to the next person behind you.

I'm sure at O'Hare they'll have an attendant on duty to help.

The farecards can be used on all CTA transit--buses and trains.

It sounds very much like what we did in DC riding the Metro.

DebbieJ said:
Who needs pens? My best friend's DH is a doctor and she has pens coming out her ears! I just saw a big box that she left at church.

I DO! I DO!! {Frantically jumping up and down with hand waving in the air!!} I love those free pens from the dr's offices!!

DebbieJ said:
Each station has a farecard machine. You have to buy a card and you can put any amt of money on it--I'm not sure what the minimum is, though. Too bad I didn't read this before I went out tonight as DH and I were downtown and we rode the train and I could have checked.

Anyway, it's $2 pp to ride, but you can load up one card and can use it for each person, so it's probably smartest to do that.

Stick the card in slot in the turnstile, pull it out, you get the green light to go through, then hand the card to the next person behind you.

I'm sure at O'Hare they'll have an attendant on duty to help.

The farecards can be used on all CTA transit--buses and trains.

Thanks deb for reading that email and helping us out!!:p

Check the thread about taking the train from O Hare. Could be tricky....

thebowman said:
Check the thread about taking the train from O Hare. Could be tricky....

Doesn't sound too terribly tricky. Get on the bus at the airport, bus takes you to Rosemont to get on train, ride train remainder of way into city.

Unless you're traveling with multiple suitcases, should be just fine.

I will be driving down and arriving around 3pm. I am getting nervous now. First timer you know.

In the same boat Tammy... :)
my saving grace is my director is on the same flight...

landing at 11:40am, then off to the Pier (since we didn't have time to go last year) see you there!!

Oh the Pier .... I always forget about it. Our group is driving in on Wednesday to have the rest of the day for shopping. We never had a chance to get to the Pier the past 2 years. That will have to be a definite destination this year. Everyone have a safe drive/flight.

Related to Who All Is Getting There on Wed the 9Th & What Time

1. Who all is getting to Chicago on Wednesday, May 9th?

As a Pampered Chef employee, I am not privy to the travel plans of all attendees. However, many colleagues and consultants have expressed their excitement about arriving on Wednesday, May 9th for the conference.

2. What time should I plan to arrive in Chicago on Wednesday, May 9th?

The official start time for the conference is 12:00 PM on Wednesday, May 9th. Therefore, many attendees will be arriving throughout the morning and early afternoon to ensure they have enough time to check in and settle in before the event begins.

3. Is there a designated time or meeting spot for those arriving on Wednesday, May 9th?

While there is no official designated time or meeting spot for those arriving on Wednesday, May 9th, many attendees have planned to meet at the hotel lobby or check-in desk upon arrival. This is a great opportunity to reconnect with colleagues and meet new friends before the conference officially kicks off.

4. What is the best way to get to the conference venue from the airport?

The most convenient and recommended way to get to the conference venue from the airport is by taking a taxi or using a ride-sharing service such as Uber or Lyft. The estimated travel time is approximately 40 minutes depending on traffic.

5. Can I check into my hotel room before the conference begins on Wednesday, May 9th?

Unfortunately, check-in time at the hotel is typically around 3:00 PM. However, you can always request an early check-in or leave your luggage with the front desk and explore the city until your room is ready. Alternatively, you can contact the hotel directly to see if early check-in is available for an additional fee.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
straitfan
  • smarteez2
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • Melissa78
  • General Chat
Replies