• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

White Wine Substitute in Recipes

so I like to use white grape juice (either from concentrate or bottle) and for a twist I use white grape peach juice. If you want an authentic taste, use the cooking wine that is NA. Does not have that bitter alcohol taste to it.Does that answer your question?
jrstephens
I jsut tried a recipe with white wine. What can you substitute for it? I did not like the taste of white wine.

I cook with wine. Beer, too.Sometimes, I even put it in the food.I use vermouth when a recipe calls for white wine. Most whites seem to have more sugar in them than I like, vermouth is drier. Not to mention, I have leftovers to make a martini.IMHO.

chicken or veggie broth works well.

Then again, maybe another type of wine. If you are using a chardonnay, maybe try a riesling. More sweetness, less "sharpness". And never,never use a wine that you wouldn't drink. Except,of course, if you aren't a drinker than that doesn't apply.

PamperChefCarol said:
chicken or veggie broth works well.

Then again, maybe another type of wine. If you are using a chardonnay, maybe try a riesling. More sweetness, less "sharpness". And never,never use a wine that you wouldn't drink. Except,of course, if you aren't a drinker than that doesn't apply.

I do not like white wine at all. The only wine I will drink is strawberry:D I bought a bottle that said it was good with seafood.

The_Kitchen_Guy said:
I cook with wine. Beer, too.

Sometimes, I even put it in the food.

I use vermouth when a recipe calls for white wine. Most whites seem to have more sugar in them than I like, vermouth is drier. Not to mention, I have leftovers to make a martini.

IMHO.

Hey Kitchen Guy... if you are interested, I have a recipe for Stout Ice Cream. Very good, esp with a whiskey chocolate sauce! I would be happy to dig out the recipe. Have to do it anyway, St Patrick's Day is coming and there's always tons of Guinness (is that spelled right?) around. I like things to have multi-uses!

jrstephens said:
I do not like white wine at all. The only wine I will drink is strawberry:D I bought a bottle that said it was good with seafood.

That's probably what happened. I would venture to say that they sold you a Chardonnay, or maybe a Sauvignon Blanc. Either way, if you are up for it, try a Riesling next time. In fact, you might even like it yourself.

It's Beringer Pinot Girgio ot something like that. You can tell I have NO clue about wines.

Last edited:
I am not a huge fan of white wine...I like Cosmopolitans...can you substitue those? LOL

dannyzmom said:
I am not a huge fan of white wine...I like Cosmopolitans...can you substitue those? LOL
They're just fine to put into the cook. ;)Back in my drinking days, let me rephrase that, back when I could drink more than I can now, I liked the white wines from southwestern Michigan, especially Tabor Hill. (A side effect of my treatment was the inability to tolerate the acids that are present in white wines, so I can't drink them anymore.)Tabor Hill Winery.

Last edited:
You could use apple juice.

jrstephens said:
I jsut tried a recipe with white wine. What can you substitute for it? I did not like the taste of white wine.

A low sodium, low fat chicken broth is the best substitue b/c it, like wine, enhances the flavors of the other foods. A regular chicken broth will add too much of a salty flavor to your food and give it a stock/soup like taste. The low-fat, low sodium only adds mild flavor but brings out the other ingredients flavor. I found this out watching a Food Network show a couple of years ago and it works very well in place of a Chardonnay. It is the ONLY low-sodium, low-fat item I cook with at my house.

PamperChefCarol said:
Hey Kitchen Guy... if you are interested, I have a recipe for Stout Ice Cream. Very good, esp with a whiskey chocolate sauce! I would be happy to dig out the recipe. Have to do it anyway, St Patrick's Day is coming and there's always tons of Guinness (is that spelled right?) around. I like things to have multi-uses!
Thash soun's wuan der ful. Where woush a guy guesh a reshipee like thash won?

Jennifer,

Even though I like wine (red, pink, yellow, white, purple, old, new, cold, warm, in the glass, from the bottle, and in desperate times...from the box) I am not a big fan of cooking with it. So I like to use white grape juice (either from concentrate or bottle) and for a twist I use white grape peach juice. If you want an authentic taste, use the cooking wine that is NA. Does not have that bitter alcohol taste to it. do I have my money maker star yet???

thechefofnorthbend said:
Jennifer,

Even though I like wine (red, pink, yellow, white, purple, old, new, cold, warm, in the glass, from the bottle, and in desperate times...from the box) I am not a big fan of cooking with it. So I like to use white grape juice (either from concentrate or bottle) and for a twist I use white grape peach juice. If you want an authentic taste, use the cooking wine that is NA. Does not have that bitter alcohol taste to it. do I have my money maker star yet???

Thanks! I love white grape juice. And it was the bitter taste I did not like.

Sorry, no money maker start yet! I think it is 750 for it!

PamperChefCarol said:
Carol-
Could you email me that recipe? Friends of ours have a big St. Pat's party every year. I try to take them something unique (last year I crocheted them shamrock coasters) as a gift. Stout ice cream would be great!

One year I made a Bailey's cheesecake. Delish! I'll have to find that recipe and post it here.

She? I tole you dash wood be a gr...gr...gr...ate resh a pee.Hic!

Related to White Wine Substitute in Recipes

What can I use as a substitute for white wine in recipes?

There are several options for substituting white wine in recipes. You can use chicken or vegetable broth, apple cider vinegar, lemon juice, or white grape juice as a 1:1 replacement. Keep in mind that the flavor profile may be slightly different, so adjust the amount to your preference.

How much white wine should I substitute in a recipe?

As a general rule, you can substitute the same amount of the substitute ingredient for the white wine that is called for in the recipe. However, if you are using a strong substitute like vinegar or lemon juice, you may want to use a little less and adjust to taste.

Can I use red wine as a substitute for white wine?

While you technically can use red wine as a substitute for white wine, keep in mind that it will change the flavor and color of your dish. Red wine has a stronger and more robust flavor, so it may not work well in delicate dishes that call for white wine.

Does the type of white wine matter in a recipe?

In most cases, the type of white wine does not matter when using it in a recipe. However, if you are substituting with another liquid, like broth or juice, you may want to choose a substitute that has a similar flavor profile to the type of white wine called for in the recipe.

Can I omit the white wine entirely from a recipe?

Yes, you can omit white wine from a recipe if you do not have a suitable substitute or if you do not consume alcohol. You may need to adjust the amount of other liquids in the recipe to compensate for the missing liquid. Alternatively, you can use a non-alcoholic white wine substitute, such as non-alcoholic white wine or white grape juice.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• lovenpc
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
lovenpc
  • erinb
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
cmdtrgd
  • kcmckay