• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Delicious French Appetizers and Desserts for Your Houseparty - June 4

In summary, there are many classic French dishes that can easily be made at home, such as Coq au Vin and Ratatouille. For appetizers, options include crostini with goat cheese and fig jam, or baked brie with honey and almonds. If you're looking for a vegetarian French recipe, Ratatouille is a flavorful and satisfying option. For a traditional French dessert, try making crème brûlée at home. And for a summer barbecue, consider French-inspired dishes such as ratatouille skewers, grilled ratatouille tart, or a French-inspired potato salad. These recipes are sure to impress your guests!
susanr613
Gold Member
I won a "French Cocktail Hour" Houseparty for June 4. I am going to serve the vendor's products (French wine and cheese) and would like to make an appetizer and/or dessert as well.

Are there any PC recipes that are "French" style that you would recommend? I won't have much time to prep as I work full time and the party is on a Thursday.

TIA -

One of our Brie recipes would be perfect. Or a pastry. There was one that we recently had in a season's best that was very simple. I'll try to find it and post it if no one beats me to it.

ETA: Some "pastry" ideas

Almond Puff Pastry with Glazed Plums
Warm Applle-Almond Pastry
Summer Lattice Pastry
Double Chocolate Mousse Cups
Profiterole Puffs

Do we have a Brulee recipe?

I can so see my French Chef friend making any one of these.

Last edited:
Anything made with brie comes to mind.

caramelzed onion tart, asparagus mimosa salad, brown sugar-dijon brie, quiche lorraine tarlets, streusel berry tart, oven omelet supreme

Thank you in advance for your suggestions!Hi there! Congratulations on winning the "French Cocktail Hour" Houseparty! That sounds like a fantastic theme for a party. As a pampered chef consultant, I have a few recipe suggestions that may fit your "French" style theme and can be prepared quickly.For an appetizer, I would recommend the "French Onion Tartlets" recipe. It's a classic French dish that is easy to make with our pre-made pie crusts and can be assembled and baked in under 30 minutes. It's also a great way to showcase our cheese grater and mandoline for slicing the onions.For a dessert, the "Easy Chocolate Mousse" recipe would be a perfect fit. It's a rich and decadent French dessert that can be made ahead of time and chilled in our prep bowls. Serve it in our mini trifle bowls for a beautiful presentation.I hope these suggestions help and that you have a successful and delicious party! Don't hesitate to reach out if you need any further assistance. Happy cooking!

1. What is a classic French dish that can easily be made at home?

One classic French dish that is easy to make at home is Coq au Vin, which is a chicken braised in red wine with mushrooms, bacon, and onions. It's a hearty and delicious dish that is perfect for a cozy dinner.

2. Can you recommend any French-inspired appetizers?

Yes, there are many French-inspired appetizers that are perfect for entertaining. Some popular options include crostini with toppings such as goat cheese and fig jam, or baked brie with honey and almonds.

3. I'm looking for a vegetarian French recipe. Any suggestions?

Ratatouille is a classic French dish that is vegetarian and packed with flavor. It's a stew made with tomatoes, eggplant, zucchini, bell peppers, and herbs. Serve it over rice or with crusty bread for a satisfying meal.

4. How can I make a traditional French dessert at home?

One traditional French dessert that is easy to make at home is crème brûlée. All you need is heavy cream, egg yolks, sugar, and vanilla extract. It's a custard that is topped with a layer of caramelized sugar, making for a rich and indulgent treat.

5. Are there any French-inspired recipes that are perfect for a summer barbecue?

Yes, there are many French-inspired dishes that are perfect for a summer barbecue. Some options include ratatouille skewers, grilled ratatouille tart, or a French-inspired potato salad with Dijon mustard and herbs. These recipes are sure to impress your guests!

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
aksusan
  • Lisa/ChefBear
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
stacieka
Replies
Views
Amyskitchen2