• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Where to Go? Museum in Driving Mi Oh

In summary, the best children's museum in the area is the Indianapolis Museum of Art. There is an Air Zoo in Kalamazoo, Michigan that my kids like.
trps
Silver Member
We are looking to go to a museum for kids- 8-13 yr old. need to drive from MI OH area.....

Anyone know of any...Indian, Kentucky, or somewhere else close....

Oh KG, King of History and Travels...this thread is calling for your input!!!! :sing:

(Said with nothing but love and respect for his vast knowledge in this area...)

Fort Wayne has a fun children's museum, but I don't think it's worth the drive just to go there. I guess that isn't really good for the age of your children either. I'll leave my post here for anyone needing a place to go in Ft. Wayne, though.

Indianapolis children's museum is the best! Also, there is an Air Zoo in Kalamazoo that my kids like. What route are you going? If you are already in the Detroit area, we also like Greenville and the Henry Ford Museum.

we live in NW ohio looking for a 2 night at most trip. We go to Ft Wayne 100times a year so that's not going to work we were thinking Inndy's children's but have been there 2 times already.

Thanks for your help.

There are lots of museums here in Louisville.

Carnegie Center for Art and History
201 E. Spring St.
New Albany, IN
(812) 944-7336

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Farmington Historic House Museum
3033 Bardstown Road
Louisville, KY

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Filson Historical Society
1310 S. Third St.
Louisville, KY
635-5083
Previously the Filson Club, this haven for history buffs maintains four permanent collections on its property: a library, a manuscript collection, a photograph-and-print collection and a museum. An extension of the society has opened on Main St., featuring art from the Lewis and Clark exhibit. The mansion and museum are open for free self-guided tours on weekdays.

Glassworks
815 West Market St.
Louisville, KY
(502) 992-3267
The art of glass blowing in Louisville dates back to the mid-1800s. Now, thanks to Glassworks, that tradition will continue. Up to 50 separate artists can work at the new state-of-the-art studio on West Market Street. The public can purchase glass art and take part in a wide array of classes and workshops.

Howard Steamboat Museum
1101 E. Market St.
Jeffersonville, IN
(812) 283-3728
The Howard Shipyards & Dock Co., founded by James E. Howard in 1834, built more than 3,000 of the worlds best-crafted steamboats. The 22-room Victorian house features stained- and leaded-glass windows, hand-carved woodwork and original furnishings. Many models, tools, and artifacts from the great steamboat era are on display.

Joseph A. Callaway Archaeological Museum
Southern Baptist Theological Seminary, 2825 Lexington Road
Louisville, KY
897-4039
Ancient artifacts are the buried treasures of this museum. Among the more popular items are rare Bibles in various languages, a copy of the Rosetta Stone and an Egyptian mummy.

Kentucky Derby Museum
704 Central Ave.
(502) 637-1111

Kentucky Museum of Art and Craft
715 W. Main Street
(502) 589-0102

Louisville Slugger Museum
800 W. Main Street
Louisville, KY
(502) 588-7212

Portland Museum
2308 Portland Ave.
Louisville, KY
776-7678
This museum harks back to the days when Louisville and Portland were rival river ports. It features a 23-minute light-and-sound show, Portland: The Land, The River and The People, video documentaries and an arts-and-humanities gallery.

Sons of the American Revolution Museum and Library
1000 S. Fourth St.
Louisville, KY
589-1776
The national headquarters of the SAR houses this museum and genealogical library. In addition to portraits of famous patriots, theres a tattered 25-star flag from the War of 1812, a handmade model of Philadelphias Independence Hall, and a life-size replica of the Liberty Bell. Upstairs is a 40,000-volume library; works include family genealogies, histories, deeds and records.

Speed Art Museum
2035 S. Third St.
Louisville, KY
634-2700
The Speed has lined up a number of exceptional exhibits in coming months, including Calico and Chitz Early American Quilts from the Smithsonian Art Museum. Also at the museum are the Laramie A. Leatherman Art Learning Center, a gift shop and cafe.

The Frazier International History Museum
829 West Main St.
Louisville, KY
(502) 753-5663

Thomas Edison House
729-731 E. Washington St.
Louisville, KY
585-5247
The Thomas Edison House preserves the shotgun duplex where Edison boarded while working as a telegrapher for Louisvilles Western Union office in 1866-67. This circa 1850 house holds a collection of his inventions, including working cylinder and disc phonographs, business phonographs, incandescent light bulbs and kinetoscopes.

Thomas Merton Center
W.L. Lyons Brown Bldg, Bellarmine University, 2001 Newburg Rd.
Louisville, KY
452-8187
After his death in 1968, the famous monk from Our Lady of Gethsemani in Trappist, Ky., left behind a treasure of manuscripts, for which this center is the official repository. Youll also find books, 900 drawings, over 1,300 photos and some personal artifacts from Merton, who mused on social justice and peace as well as religion.

University of Louisville Photographic Archives
Ekstrom Library, Belknap Campus
Louisville, KY
852-6752
This repository houses vintage photographs, photographic fine prints and historical documents from a vast collection, most focusing on Louisville and Kentucky.

Ooh, Erin! I've been to the bat factory!!!! :)Also got to watch Thunder of Louisville from Joe's Crab Shack in 2000!!!!

janetupnorth said:
Ooh, Erin! I've been to the bat factory!!!! :)

Also got to watch Thunder of Louisville from Joe's Crab Shack in 2000!!!!

Well, in the past two weeks I've been to J.B. Speed Art Museum and the Museum of Art & Craft for field trips with my daughter. This coming Friday we're off to Falls of The Ohio.

Louisville has so much to do and see. I've not seen it all, but one day I will.

We absolutely love Thunder Over Louisville. It's April 12 this year. The only bad part about it is the fact that it is the kickoff for the Derby festivities. Every weekend until Derby Day is booked with cool things to do.
It can really effect bookings.

We just went to the Cincinnati Museum this weekend. It was really fun. They have a few different museums in one place--I believe it is different admission to each one. We just went to the children's part for my 3 year old, but they also had a history museum & I think science.

Detroit has a Science Center with hands-on exhibits, and a great zoo. I saw a book a few months ago that was full off attractions for families, organized by state. Sorry, I don't remember the name of it, though.

The Henry Ford will keep you busy for about three days if you do the whole thing.

I'm in Cincinnati and like our Museum Center, but I really LOVE the Indianapolis Children's Museum... LOTS of great hands on stuff and a really cool clock in the main lobby that runs on water.

You've also got Union Station - that from what I hear, has a giant model of Cinci with trains.

In Columbus is COSI, Center of Science and Industry. It is AWESOME for kids!!!

The Henry Ford Museum is truly awesome, plus there is an IMAX Theatre right there.

The_Kitchen_Guy said:
You've also got Union Station - that from what I hear, has a giant model of Cinci with trains.

Union Station / Union Terminal = Cincinnati Museum Center... the official name since early 1990's. However, the building CMC is housed in is Union Terminal.

And yep, in the Natural History Museum in CMC, there is a train display with various areas of Cincinnati modeled after what they would have been like in the different decades.

You can buy tickets for CMC where you can get into all three of the museums in the place (Children's, Natural History/Science and Cincinnati History Museum)...

Copies from the CMC website (Cincinnati Museum Center at Union Terminal)
eAdult $13.25
eChild $9.25
eSenior $12.25
eToddler $4.25

A $1.50 per ticket service fee will be added to the ticket price.
Adult - teens and adults
Seniors - 60 and older
Child - 3-12 year olds
Toddler Pass - 1 and 2 year olds (no service fee)

Near Cincinnati is the Creation Museum.
Indianapolis Children's is fantastic!
The Louisville Science Center is awesome as well

Erin...are you in Louisville or SI?

We are heading to Mammoth Caves and Louisville Slugger Museum next week for spring break. They are in Kentucky.

you will love both of those nicki.
love Mammoth...except for the bats (not the ones you hit balls with)

Why not do the Pennsylvania Kid trip?Although I don't know how old her kids are - it's a great trip.

Hershey, Strasburg Railroad, Seasame Streeet, Crayola Factory.

...long drive across Ohio...
yawn2.gif

This isn't a museums but worth seeing! This is located in my SMALL SAMLL town of like 2000 people. Jack Hanna will be here May 18. All animals are rescued.

http://www.blackpineanimalpark.com/

My vote would be the Cincy/ Louiville area. The new Creation Museum is hands downs AWESOME. Any age of kid is going to have their jaw drop and the silent "wow" fixed on their face. Plus it isn't very far to get to Loui after that. Very cool down their too.

Related to Where to Go? Museum in Driving Mi Oh

1. What is "Where to Go? Museum in Driving Mi Oh"?

"Where to Go? Museum in Driving Mi Oh" is a virtual experience offered by Pampered Chef that allows you to explore different museums and their exhibits from the comfort of your own home.

2. How do I access "Where to Go? Museum in Driving Mi Oh"?

You can access "Where to Go? Museum in Driving Mi Oh" by visiting the Pampered Chef website and clicking on the "Virtual Experiences" tab. From there, you can select the "Where to Go? Museum in Driving Mi Oh" experience and follow the prompts to join.

3. Is there a cost for "Where to Go? Museum in Driving Mi Oh"?

No, "Where to Go? Museum in Driving Mi Oh" is a complimentary experience offered by Pampered Chef for our customers to enjoy.

4. How long is the "Where to Go? Museum in Driving Mi Oh" experience?

The length of the experience can vary, as it depends on the museum and the number of exhibits you choose to explore. On average, the experience can last anywhere from 30 minutes to an hour.

5. Can I participate in "Where to Go? Museum in Driving Mi Oh" with others?

Yes, you can invite friends and family to join you in the "Where to Go? Museum in Driving Mi Oh" experience. Simply share the link with them and they can join in on the virtual fun!

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
Paula R. Lewis
Replies
Views
pclinskie
Replies
Views
Cindycooks
Replies
Views