• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

What other activities should I add to my itinerary in Savannah?

In summary, we are thinking of going to Savannah in March during Spring Break. I want to eat at the Lady and Sons and Uncle Bubba's. Yes, were are going to drive 9 hours to go eat somewhere!
jrstephens
We are thinking of going to Savannah in March during Spring Break. I want to eat at the Lady and Sons and Uncle Bubba's. Yes, were are going to drive 9 hours to go eat somewhere!

What else there to do? Where is a good place to stay?

I would love info from anyone that lives there or has been there.

Thanks!

http://www.mrswilkes.com/geninfo.html For Mrs. Wilkes dining room. Fabulous food, get there early to wait in line if you want to eat in the dining room. BUT, when I went years ago, we went to the kitchen door and placed an order, then ate it in one of the squares. Delicious!

Get a walking tour book and walk around the city. Lots of history you can see on your own. If you are interested in Girl Scouting, Juliette Gordon Lowe's house is open for tours. There are lots of house tours, there is one house that has a rotunda ceiling that opens, they open windows, then they turn on gas burners. Draws the air up through the windows and provides "air condtioning.

Umm, consider staying in a bed and breakfast rather than a hotel. Prices will be about the same, but much nicer. Many B7Bs are on squares.

Oh, s much more! It is a beautiful city, and have fun! Skip any Midnight in the Garden tours, they are hokey.

Robin

Pampered Linda lives near Atlanta I think, so maybe she has some good recommendations...

Thanks! Maybe PamperedLinda will see my post. If not, I will PM her.

I love B&Bs!, but our 2 yr old (who will be 3 in July)will be with us so we are thinking of somewhere with an indoor pool, maybe, to entertain him some.

Savannah, Georgia Information

912-555-1212

I LOVE Savannah!Savannah is a fun town and lots and lots of great seafood! I don't think you can go wrong at any seafood restaurant there....don't know if it's still there but my favorite was Pearls Elegent Pellican. River Street is tons of funs too. Lots of interesting shops, bars, and restaurants....be sure to go to River Street Sweets and get some homemade pralines or fudge - yummy!

Like Robin said, go to Mrs. Wilkes Boarding House for breakfast - delicious food! It's all served family style and you'll most likely be sitting at the table with someone that you don't know (and, you have to take your own plate to the kitchen when your done!) If you want to spend alot of money on food go to Elizabeth's on 37th, very good.

If you are going in March, depening on your love of crowds, you may or may not want to be anywhere near that town on St. Patricks Day. There are lots of festivities going on at that time. Parades and street parties...and lots of drunk obnoxious people.

I've never eaten at any of Paula Deen's restaurants, although I'd love to! I have heard that you cannot make a revervation and it's first come, first served.

I'll post more as I think of it. You will have a lot of fun in Savannah.

Isn't that the hometown of Madame Chablis?That's someone I'd like to meet, just to say I met he...um...hi...er...Madame Chablis.

I love Savannah! We stayed at the Hampton downtown - it's just off the water and we could walk to everything. The pool's on the roof BTW. The hotel is a bit pricy but you don't have to get in your car for anything and it is well worth the money.

Have a great time!

9 hours from WI to Savannah? I would think it's much more than that!

My mom went to Savannah last summer and wanted to go to Paula Deen's restaurant. People lined up at 9a.m. to wait to get in for lunch. Be prepared!

BethCooks4U said:
I love Savannah! We stayed at the Hampton downtown - it's just off the water and we could walk to everything. The pool's on the roof BTW. The hotel is a bit pricy but you don't have to get in your car for anything and it is well worth the money.

Have a great time!

9 hours from WI to Savannah? I would think it's much more than that!
I believe she is in Alabama, not Wisconsin...

gilliandanielle said:
Oops! I thought it was Kitchen Guy that was driving 9 hours for a meal.

I can make Huntsville, Alabama in 12 hours but I'll never do it as a straight shot ever again.Nope, Geo-ja is a lot more than 9 hours from the Cheddar Curtain.9 hours for a meal? Is it free?

pamperedlinda said:
be sure to go to River Street Sweets and get some homemade pralines or fudge - yummy!

We moved to Macon 2 yrs ago, have been to Savannah twice for just day trips. LOVE the pralines!!! I would be willing to drive 2 hrs JUST for the pralines. Especially when the samples are still warm....YUM!!

I am dying to do a tour of the historical homes. It is absolutely beautiful...if you like the history.

After one trip I bought the book, Midnight in the Garden of Good and Evil. It is set in Savannah. Might be a fun read and then try to find some of the places mentioned.

It's a great book - the movie is fairly true to it, too. In the movie, Lady Chablis plays him...er...her...uh...is portrayed by Lady Chablis.

gilliandanielle said:

Yep, I am in Alabama.

GeorgiaPeach said:
We moved to Macon 2 yrs ago, have been to Savannah twice for just day trips. LOVE the pralines!!! I would be willing to drive 2 hrs JUST for the pralines. Especially when the samples are still warm....YUM!!

I am dying to do a tour of the historical homes. It is absolutely beautiful...if you like the history.

After one trip I bought the book, Midnight in the Garden of Good and Evil. It is set in Savannah. Might be a fun read and then try to find some of the places mentioned.
We enjoyed the midnight ghost tour there and they did talk about that legend and the book! Talk about atmosphere, it had rained that evening so things were damp and the moss hung heavy, eerie. And midnight... Cool.:cool:

Oh Jennifer you are making me want to go back. I just went to Savannah in October. For my mother-in-law's funeral. I LOVE SAVANNAH! I love all the ghost things that they have there. The "moon river brewery" I think that is what it was called is haunted. We went on a ghost tour and all that great stuff. I love river street. We actually got to be there for Ocktober Fest and it was awesome. I want to go to Paula's resturant next time I am there for sure. :D You have got to try Vinny Van Go-Go's pizza! :D LOVE IT! ;) I hope you have a TON of fun!

The_Kitchen_Guy said:
With your banjo on your knee?

Don't ya hear me playing!

The_Kitchen_Guy said:
With your banjo on your knee?
Okay, it took me a while, but I finally got this one! ha :p ha :p ha :p

Inn at Mulberry GroveI have made reservations here. It looks like a neat hotel. Their website is www.innatmulberrygrove.com

Has anyone every stayed here?

I have found information on a dolphin tour I want to take. And a carraige ride.

What are the top tourist attractions in Savannah, Georgia?

Some of the most popular tourist attractions in Savannah include Forsyth Park, River Street, Bonaventure Cemetery, and the historic district.

What is the best time of year to visit Savannah, Georgia?

The best time to visit Savannah is during the spring and fall, when the weather is mild and pleasant. The summers can be hot and humid, while the winters can be chilly.

What is the local cuisine in Savannah, Georgia?

Savannah is known for its Southern cuisine, including dishes like shrimp and grits, fried green tomatoes, and Lowcountry boil. Be sure to try some of the local seafood as well.

Are there any popular events or festivals in Savannah, Georgia?

Savannah hosts several popular events and festivals throughout the year, including the St. Patrick's Day Parade, the Savannah Music Festival, and the Savannah Food and Wine Festival.

What are some family-friendly activities in Savannah, Georgia?

There are many family-friendly activities in Savannah, such as visiting the Savannah Children's Museum, taking a ghost tour, and exploring the City Market. There are also several parks and playgrounds for kids to enjoy.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• jrstephens
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • Kitchen2u
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
pamperedharriet
  • pampered1224