• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Romantic Getaway in Gatlinburg: Blue Ridge Parkway Vacation Cabin Rentals

In summary, Hubby and I are considering taking a week-long vacation next year to Gatelinsburg, TN, which is near the Blue Ridge Parkway. While the area is frequented by tourists, there are many activities available to enjoy, such as dinner theaters, go-karts, mini golf, and more.
chefmoseley
Gold Member
Hubby and I are thinking of taking a week vaca just him and I no kids for next year. It is our 5 yr wedding 10 yr dating anniversary :) We were looking at renting a cabin for a week and hiking and stuff or just hanging around the cabin... we found some nice ones (looking online) in Gatelinsburg, TN. Does anyone know this area or have an idea for somewhere nice to stay around the blue ridge parkway?

We went to Pigeon Forge as part of our vacation last year and had a blast for the short time we were there, but I really love the Asheville, NC. You've got Biltmore Estate, which is phenomenal, and are very convenient to the parkway, and it's less completely touristy than Gaitlinburg/Pigeon Forge area is. Not that there's anything wrong with that many dinner theaters (and I hear The Miracle is incredible) or go-karts or "Olde Tyme Pictures" places or Ripley's museums, but if that's not your thing you're not left with much.

chefmoseley said:
Hubby and I are thinking of taking a week vaca just him and I no kids for next year. It is our 5 yr wedding 10 yr dating anniversary :) We were looking at renting a cabin for a week and hiking and stuff or just hanging around the cabin... we found some nice ones (looking online) in Gatelinsburg, TN. Does anyone know this area or have an idea for somewhere nice to stay around the blue ridge parkway?

I live about 1 1/2 hours south of Gatlinburg. We go abuot 2-3 times a year. It is very touristy but does have a ton of stuff to do. There are allot of dinner theaters-most of them are amazing shows. Plenty of go-carts and mini-golf. Lots of shopping, outlets. But there are plenty of other things as well. Horse back riding, hiking, little zoo places, great aquarium, huge Zoo in knoxville. Rent a nice cabin for the week with hot tub.

Related to Romantic Getaway in Gatlinburg: Blue Ridge Parkway Vacation Cabin Rentals

1. What is the best time of year to visit Ot-Blue Ridge Prkwy for a vacation?

The best time to visit Ot-Blue Ridge Prkwy for a vacation is in the fall, specifically during the months of September and October. The leaves change to beautiful shades of red, orange, and yellow, making for stunning scenic views along the parkway.

2. Are there any specific attractions or activities to do at Ot-Blue Ridge Prkwy?

Yes, there are many attractions and activities to do at Ot-Blue Ridge Prkwy. Some popular options include hiking the numerous trails, visiting waterfalls, and exploring historical sites. You can also go camping, fishing, or enjoy a scenic drive along the parkway.

3. Is there lodging available near Ot-Blue Ridge Prkwy?

Yes, there are various lodging options available near Ot-Blue Ridge Prkwy. You can choose from hotels, cabins, bed and breakfasts, and campgrounds. It is recommended to make reservations in advance, especially during peak tourist seasons.

4. Can I bring my pets to Ot-Blue Ridge Prkwy?

Yes, you can bring your pets to Ot-Blue Ridge Prkwy. However, they must be kept on a leash at all times and are not allowed on hiking trails or in any buildings. There are also designated pet-friendly areas and campsites in the parkway.

5. Are there any fees for visiting Ot-Blue Ridge Prkwy?

No, there are no entrance fees for visiting Ot-Blue Ridge Prkwy. However, there may be fees for specific activities such as camping, fishing, and guided tours. It is best to check the park's website for updated fee information before your visit.

Back