• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Where Is Everyone??!?It's Like a Ghost Town. :Confused:

G
Gagescorpages
Where is everyone??!?
It's like a ghost town. :confused:

Everyone is hustling to earn their trip or bust it up to the next level!! LOL!! How are you coming with it?

Or just about ready to give up and have nothing good to say. ;-)Just sayin.....

I'm hustling... and unpacking from my move.

Seriously - this board has been a ghost town!
I am struggling to keep my title at this point as well as hustling to earn level 3....

I'm hustling... and unpacking from my move.

I am busy getting ready for November--7 cooking shows and 8 boutiques. 3 new recruits to train, and we are doing Step Up (on to week 2) . My autistic son is in melt down and we are in counseling. My daughter is in grad school getting her Masters in Christian Education and in charge of our 6,000 member church's Halloween outreach that draws usually about 4,000 kids and their parents. Oh, and I've been really good to myself and going to the gym every day for about an hour or more--working HARD. Down 15 pounds and it really helps with the stress. Other than that, I've been laid back, LOL. Maybe we should have a "everybody ok? Checking in" thread that we all just post on when we can. Might help with the "post holiday blues". I'll start one.

I've been poking in and out. Now that I'm back home and have my dad settled I'm trying reconnect with my home/family/friends and build my business back up. Not sure I'll earn Disney afterall :(

"Not sure I'll earn Disney afterall "

Linda, after all you have gone through, I am praying that the Lord gives you some relief--what a huge blessing though to have this to fall back on. Can you imagine what it would have been like with a 9-5 job? Nighmare. Praying that He orders your day and blesses your efforts. When you get a chance PM me and give me your facebook link if you want.

my facebook name is Linda Haworth Child - send me a friend request

I'm like everyone else, just working to keep directorship and my lead status. It's a monthly PIA thing....like my period --ugh! This is the first month since the change that I will be paid as a TL. In OCTOBER?? Yikes!I earned Level 1 and don't see Level 2 in my sight, the first time since I joined that I won't earn a trip (2 of the 3 years were Level 3 trips, too).My team is recruiting (may have a Director soon), so I am busy training them and getting the inactives back to work. And also working on my own business which has been much less than my norm this year. Looking forward to better things soon....it's been 6 months and I thought I would be further along by now...

Sounds like we are all doing the same things.
I have been trying to get my Director title back. I was a Team Leader as of October 1st. Boy did that hurt. It looks like right now, I have it back and should get my title again for Nov 1st.
Disney- Will earn level 2 as soon as one of my consultants submits another $400. Signed 2 more this month to earn level 3. Now to get them qualified.
So now busy staying a float and getting everyone NEW trained.

I moved about 2.5 weeks ago. And I've been busy unpacking. The good news is that I've had 2 $1k shows in the last week so I'm very happy about that.I'm about 16k from earning disney level 2. It's going to be a stretch but definitely doable. I just need to discipline myself to get the shows I need and to get on and stay on the phone. I just let life take over too easily and let myself off the hook when I really need to get moving.I am getting back to being excited about business... I just got off a call with a director friend in CO who gave me some awesome ideas that I can use. Nothing new... just different ways of doing things.I am a TL for now and am at peace with that. I'm exhausted from trying to constantly light the fire under the consultants on my team. I'd rather focus on me and my biz right now (hope that doesn't sound too selfish!).Now off to finish up some invitations, a host packet and get some receipts in the mail!

Not selfish at all, Colleen -- at this point in our businesses we make more from our own sales than from the overrides (and it's way easier to control our own business than someone elses!).

I didn't want the Disney trip, I would have taken the $$, but it isn't worth the extra effort for only a few hundred $$ difference.

We are going back to Mexico in March 2010 (DH loved the PC trip destination so we will be going back) and then we are off to Hawaii in October 2010 to celebrate our 30th Wedding Anniversary. There will be plenty of travel for us next year!

I was just thinking, too....I 18 on my team .... that includes 3 SC and 1 TL. Who would have thought that I would only be getting TL pay this month? It's too funny!!

jwpamp said:
I was just thinking, too....I 18 on my team .... that includes 3 SC and 1 TL. Who would have thought that I would only be getting TL pay this month? It's too funny!!

Yep. I have 3 SC's and one TL on my team too and 25 (that I still count) on my team and October I will be paid as TL again unless I get surprised - those chosen ones (that count for SC) that haven't submitted told me they aren't going to...again I'll be one person short. I do have and never lost director title but IMHO it means nothing without the benefits.

I've been busy trying to build November. A week ago I had one show now I have 5 solid shows on the calendar. One so far in December and hoping to add a few there too. Nothing in January yet - hopefully November will help that! On top of that I'm preparing for surgery #5 since Sept. 08. I am so close to level 2 but don't think I'll get there. I have the recruits but they're not all looking like they'll qualify and I'm a bit short on the total # too. It's doable but I'm not going to hold my breath. I would take the money too - not interested at all in Disney.

finley1991 said:
I'm exhausted from trying to constantly light the fire under the consultants on my team. I'd rather focus on me and my biz right now (hope that doesn't sound too selfish!).

Doesn't sound selfish. I for this part of the year, it is all about me. (selfish, maybe but I have a big bill to pay!). I have team members that are either working it or not. Although school has calmed down and I can get home at a decent hour, I have 2 State Reviews coming up Nov. 4th and a 2 day one the week before Thanksgiving.

I had 10 parties for Oct., 12 for Nov. and 4 for December. You would think my sales would be great, but for the most part, they are hardly worth the effort. My bad with host coaching because I am not able to do it very well. Did have one party just close at $1300 but the norm has been $200 - $300!!:cry:

Just trying to keep the momentum going to head into January 2010. Have not had time to even follow up very well with RL which I find discouraging.

Colleen, I think you are in the same downline I am in now and the most recent newsletter we received is that PC sales are up 20% over last year. Personally, I think this is because they may have raised the prices up 20%!!!

Spoke with a TS direct seller and their career plans have changed. They sound very similar to ours except they have a $2000 quarterly quota, (I think it is quarterly). They feel that they are not getting the benefits they used to.

pamperedlinda said:
I've been poking in and out. Now that I'm back home and have my dad settled I'm trying reconnect with my home/family/friends and build my business back up. Not sure I'll earn Disney afterall :(

I have been thinking of you, Deb. Haven't been on FB, but glad to see that life is somewhat turning around for you.

I noticed that about David Meenan too. Hmmmm. There was a recruiting requirement for that top 50 thing, so I think that's why he's not on there. HIs focus is more on sales and not recruiting.

I pop on here just about every day, but there's usually not many posts. It does seem like a ghost-town. I think FB is one reason.:D A lot of us are on there. That's probably where I waste too much time.

Business-wise, I'm not earning Disney (like many of you, but for those that are close.....GO FOR IT!:pray:) and it's the first time NOT earning a trip after earning one the past four years. So, when that became pretty apparent, I decide to focus on just maintaining my director ship and trying to get my business geared up for next year. After the crappy start to this year I've had, I really had to re-build my business. I'm happy to say that November will be the VERY FIRST month this year that my business is back up to the level I was used to with 7 shows booked so far. So, it'll get busy and it'll be crazy but I'm so glad my hard work since July is finally paying off!

On a side note, we ARE going to Disney over Christmas for a week-I know we're completely crazy because it's the busiest time of the year. We obviously wouldn't be doing that if I was going to earn it and go in June, but it started as a small idea in my head to go over Christmas (because one of my best friends is going with her family and that started the ball rolling) and I finally got my resitant DH on board with it. Of course it's not free, but I'm glad to still be taking my kids to Disney because it was them I was the most sad for when I knew I wouldn't earn the trip!

Keep plugging away everyone!! I can't even imagine how amazing that trip is going to be.

ETA: I had a couple months being paid as a TL too. I think this month MAY be the same. I've been able to maintain my HO leads all except for one month this year and that has saved me. The crazy thing is I have had 4 SCs in the past 6 months, but more often than not, just ONE is active. Two are in the same line and of course, they're both active, but they only count as 1 since they're in the same "line." I did JUST add a new SC but his new consultant JUST signed and probably won't submit anything this month. I'd be amazed if I'll be paid as a D this once. Hopefully next month!

pamperedbecky said:
y day, but there's usually not many posts. It does seem like a ghost-town. I think FB is one reason.:D A lot of us are on there. That's probably where I waste too much time.

When I didn't renew with chefsuccess, I really realized how much time I was wasting on there. I am starting to feel that way about FB and have decided to cut down on that. It's such a HUGE time waster for me. I really need to get serious about my biz and have decided to take a FB hiatus. The thing I like about it though is that it keeps me updated on the personal lives of my friends here so it will be hard to give up totally. I just need to not be *playing* when I should be *working*!

finley1991 said:
When I didn't renew with chefsuccess, I really realized how much time I was wasting on there. I am starting to feel that way about FB and have decided to cut down on that. It's such a HUGE time waster for me. I really need to get serious about my biz and have decided to take a FB hiatus. The thing I like about it though is that it keeps me updated on the personal lives of my friends here so it will be hard to give up totally. I just need to not be *playing* when I should be *working*!

That's why I love it too! It's too addictive (not to mention a certain game I play on there WAY too much). But it's a great way to keep in touch with people. I do need to be more disciplined about it for sure!

You know, is there some place we can post our FB names so that we can keep up too? That's the main reason I check in here....FB is a little more efficient for me I think.

So nice to hear from you all! :)
I don't get on here as much either. I am also at Team Leader status and I'm not gonna' lie... it pi$$es me off!
LOL

BUT...I am 10K away from Disney.
As long as all my shows STICK, I am solid for Disney Level 2.
Once I have that, I think I'll have a better head for getting my Directorship back.

I have just been a little bitter about just promoting last year, always being told it's easier to KEEP directorship than to earn it, and then to have the rug pulled out from under me.
BUT - it is what it is. I am pulling up my big girl panties and moving forward with my eye on the goal.

So happy to be able to commiserate AND celebrate achievements with you all!
:)

Hey all....
Well, I am still recovering from having a baby so at least I have an excuse. LOL!I have been a team leader since summer time and that is okay with me. I did do some serious recruiting this summer, now I just need to get them all qualified. My director was supposed to be coaching my team while I took time off and it didn't really happen. Oh well....Good news is I do have one senior consultant and I'm told another one of my gals signed someone over the weekend at a Hispanic market recruiting event, but it hasn't shown up in Consultant Connection yet and she hasn't returned my phone message.I am 10k away from level 2 Disney and as long as my gals qualify, I'll make it. My sales have been lower than normal this year, but I've also had lots of "life" happen this year (moving and having a baby being the biggies).I am back to doing shows--had two so far in October and each is over $1k. I have 7 scheduled for November and then NOTHING, so I need to get on the phone and book up December and January.I really need to figure out how to fit work back into my life and into my new reality. I can't sit at my desk for an hour at a time like I used to be able to. I'm getting comfortable making calls while nursing the baby now, so I'm guessing that's when I'll be doing a lot of that. :)So that's it from me....going to do a few things before the baby wakes up again. Must send out invites for some upcoming shows....

It's so hard to write the whole story. However, I find it encouraging that we all have a similar struggle. At least we are in it together!

Directorship?! Is it still worth it? I still don't have an answer for that one. I am pretty close to promoting again. I am not going to stress though. I will train them on where they are supposed to be, but if they don't turn it in...oh well. What can I do? Right now I have 7 first line consultants one of them being a Sr. Consultant. I signed 2 gals this month. And missed Team Leader status last month by $50!! That's the kind of stuff that is so totally frustrating! So, I'm 1 show away from Team Leader status this month. Both of my new gals have had their kick-off parties. I won't hold my breath, but it should work out. Right?!

It is crazy, but I still need 13,966 points for Disney. I have 11 cooking shows booked for Nov and 7 catalog parties. I have 2 more catty shows this month to close and one more party. I don't have any booked for Dec and my goal is 5. I don't want to start stressing now because getting through Nov is going to be hectic (all of the shows are in the first 2 weeks except 2).

We can do this ladies!! What else out there is better? I am on FB more than I should be. I enjoy reading everyone's posts. I think I've gotten to know everyone a touch better through FB, too. If you want to look me up I'm Sandra Goodwin Kearns in TX. Just remind me that we know each other through DCS! LOL!

Forgot to mention... I am on FB too...
Susan Bateman Paz
:D

No FB for me! I tried it for about 30 minutes and then deleted my account -- yikes! I would probably be messing around on there all day long! Kudos to those who have more self control than I -- :D

**FYI** I posted a stupid question and can't figure out how to delete the post, so here is all I came up with to replace it....:D

jwpamp said:

I had about 30 members on my team and was getting TL pay. My structure is too shallow. Now, several have dropped off and I think I have 14 left and no hopes of getting Directorship back.

Debi- I believe I met you in Miami. We were on the chairs outside talking and my husband was snoozing beside me on that last full day. I hate to hear that you are down, but girl! You have total hopes in getting directorship back if you want it!! You have 14 consultants now, and clearly you have some mad recruiting skillzzzzz, so get back out there! ok.. pep talk over for the day. :)
Sue- this is so cool. I kept thinking your name looked familiar and wanted to make sure it wasn't just because I saw it on here, but I was sending an email earlier, and when I typed s in the address bar your name came up. We sat together at Leadership during the career path lunch. I was the other troublemaker with ya! It's good to *see* you again!!
Hello all! Have a wonderful hump day. :)

jwpamp said:
Hey, I just checked out the Nov CN on CC today (https://www.pamperedchef.com/images/cc/us/pdf/nov09_cn.pdf )and David Meenan is no where to be found in the "Top Sales" category. He's not even on the list. Is he still with us?

I noticed he had been absent lately too. I think last month he wasn't on the list or wasn't #1 either.

Anyone know???

Isn't it funny how that is one of the first things we all noticed?

Morfia is friends with him... maybe she knows? Morfia... are you here????

Haven't seen Morfia on here for a while!

I've heard that every now and then he takes a month off. Maybe?

DebbieJ said:
I noticed he had been absent lately too. I think last month he wasn't on the list or wasn't #1 either.

Anyone know???

That is WEIRD. I wanna know!

I wondering if he's wondering what we're up to! :p

No, Colleen, probably NOT!! :pYou're too cute!

I'm struggling with the whole concept of what PC is doing with SO MANY of us losing directorship--we are expected to train and teach our team and basically have all the responsibilities of a director without the benefits....I don't get it--I think the directors ar basically the bread and butter of this company. It seems like all the uppers get everything but not a tremendous amount of help for us that would like to repromote except "recruit and qualify". Heck of an idea. I am a director again--have 3 SC's on my team, and almost 4, but I think they are frustrating their bread and butter to benefit a few....JMHO. There, I'm done now.

beckyjsmith said:
Debi- I believe I met you in Miami. We were on the chairs outside talking and my husband was snoozing beside me on that last full day. I hate to hear that you are down, but girl! You have total hopes in getting directorship back if you want it!! You have 14 consultants now, and clearly you have some mad recruiting skillzzzzz, so get back out there! ok.. pep talk over for the day. :)
Sue- this is so cool. I kept thinking your name looked familiar and wanted to make sure it wasn't just because I saw it on here, but I was sending an email earlier, and when I typed s in the address bar your name came up. We sat together at Leadership during the career path lunch. I was the other troublemaker with ya! It's good to *see* you again!!

Becky, weren't you from Wisconsin or something like that? LOL! I'm sure I remember you though! And yeah, I HAD mad recruiting skills, till I moved here!!! I've only recruited 2 in the last YEAR!!!!! A year ago, at 2 1/2 years with the company, I was a Director with 40 people on my team! Recruiting here is ridiculous! UGH! I'm not even worried about it at this point, I'm just trying to stay alive myself and keep my business going. Just really hate losing Directorship.

beckyjsmith said:

BECKY!!!!
Hey!! How the heck are you?
I would have never put 2 and 2 together and figured out it was you!
GREAT to re-connect!! :D

Hey Becky I was at the same table, too. (sniff sniff) LOL!!

Between the two of ya'll I'm surprised I gleaned anything from that session. LOL!!

HEE HEE!! Ya' gotta' admit Sandra- that was a very DRY workshop!! LOL

Nanisu said:
I'm struggling with the whole concept of what PC is doing with SO MANY of us losing directorship--we are expected to train and teach our team and basically have all the responsibilities of a director without the benefits....I don't get it--I think the directors ar basically the bread and butter of this company. It seems like all the uppers get everything but not a tremendous amount of help for us that would like to repromote except "recruit and qualify". Heck of an idea. I am a director again--have 3 SC's on my team, and almost 4, but I think they are frustrating their bread and butter to benefit a few....JMHO. There, I'm done now.

I agree completely :( :grumpy: :cry:

Nanisu said:

I totally agree. I was talking with my SED yesterday and pointed out that the title means nothing without the pay and that even with 3 SC and 1 TL I still get paid as TL about every other month because one of the chosen ones doesn't submit. Her answer? She said that the new program "protects us" well that's true in a way, we don't lose our team... And then there was the "recruit more". She said that the stats show that we are making more money with this new program. Maybe so WHEN we "perform" as directors. As I've said before it seems to benefit those at the top. I wonder what kind of bonuses the HO exec team will get this year out of the $$ we aren't getting.

Okay, my vent's over too... On to November! It's gonna rock (well, at least it won't suck)!! lol

Yes, the top people are making SIGNIFICANTLY more money but the rest of us are getting squeezed out of the middle. Thankfully we have never depended on my income otherwise we'd be in trouble!

I'm glad to hear we all have the same vents. You can build and build and build your team. But you are not guaranteed they will recruit and when they do, you can't be sure they will submit. No matter how much you train them.
When I came into this business over 9 yrs ago,one of the things I loved was that there was NO pressure to HAVE to recruit. I could when I was ready. Now that story has changed. They HAVE to recruit from the start.
I find it unfair that if you have a team of say 20 consultants and that if 2 aren't SC for that month you don't get to be paid as a director. When I promoted to Director in 2007. I busted my butt after that to be sure to have way more than the 5 you need. Cause I knew 5 was no sure bet. So we all built that number up. Now it doesn't matter at all if none of those have recruits.
I really think that if EVERYONE voices to HO that they may stop for a sec and say, what is going on? I know my Senior Director has advised all of her directors to do so and she has done so herself.
Okay my vent is done. But I feel so much better to know I'm not alone in this battle.

DebbieJ said:
Thankfully we have never depended on my income otherwise we'd be in trouble!

I do depend on my income and that's why I've chose to focus on MY business vs. killing myself with my team. It's more advantageous for me to earn 25%+ on my sales than 2% on theirs. It's just what I need to be doing right now. And honestly, I'm exhausted by them. It's terrible to say, but I just don't have the energy to deal with their B.S. right now. I'd rather focus on my hosts. Again, I feel like I sound selfish.

I have a consultant who recruits like crazy. I had to have a sit-down with her... well, I laid it out in an e-mail (she's not always great at *hearing* what needs to be said). Her income from PC has been less than $100 a month for the last 7 months. YET she continues to try to sell this business. She has 4 she's trying to sign this week. Her qualification rate is 22%. I asked her of the 4, how many were actually going to do this. She said 2. At least she is honest. I explained that it would be difficult to sell this biz as a career when she's not earning enough to call it a career. And with that, it wouldn't matter how many she recruited because she wouldn't hit the personal requirements to have the title anyway. She seemed to *get it* so we will see...

It's things like that that exhaust me...

SusanBP0129 said:
BECKY!!!!
Hey!! How the heck are you?
I would have never put 2 and 2 together and figured out it was you!
GREAT to re-connect!! :D

Hey chickie!!!I don't see why you possibly would have put it together that it was me, although I do have such a great picture and all. teeheehee
I am doing well!! It has been a good year. I guess I am one of the lucky ones who had just enough team members that wanted to promote.
Maybe this year we can all meet up since we will be at the same conference though! And if they draw your name for anything, I promise to yell like a TN redneck again!!
:D:D:D:D... not that it's difficult for me to do that.
Sandra- hey!!!! I had no clue that was you!! Sorry about that whole keeping you from learning anything thing we had going on. Like Sooze said though... that seminar had major snoozefest capabilities. EEK!
So, do any of you guys read the Directory online? I never did, but I am actually in it this time. Isn't that bizarre?
Debi- hey lady! I'm not from Wisconsin... Tn. If you are who I am thinking of you recently had come back home to Ohio after being in Germany and you have a little boy?
Anyhoo...Does everyone here have really strong support from your upline or is it minimal. I have amazing support and it really helped with the transition.

I wonder if HO knew alot of the middle would collapse???

<h2>1. Why is it so quiet and empty in here?</h2><p>Our consultants and customers are currently busy hosting cooking parties, attending cooking classes, and browsing our product catalog online. We are always available to assist you with any inquiries and orders.</p><h2>2. Is there a sale or event going on that I missed?</h2><p>We have regular sales and promotions throughout the year, but at the moment there is no specific event or sale happening. However, our consultants may be hosting private cooking parties with their customers, which may explain the quietness.</p><h2>3. Did something happen to the company or products?</h2><p>No, everything is running smoothly and our products are still as amazing as ever. Our consultants and customers are just busy enjoying our products and sharing them with others.</p><h2>4. Is this a slow time for Pampered Chef?</h2><p>Not necessarily. Our consultants have flexible schedules and may be hosting parties and events at different times throughout the day. This may make it seem quiet at certain times, but rest assured that we are always available to assist you.</p><h2>5. Where can I find more information about upcoming events and parties?</h2><p>You can visit our website or contact your local Pampered Chef consultant for more information about upcoming events and parties. You can also follow us on social media for updates and announcements.</p>

1. Why is it so quiet and empty in here?

Our consultants and customers are currently busy hosting cooking parties, attending cooking classes, and browsing our product catalog online. We are always available to assist you with any inquiries and orders.

2. Is there a sale or event going on that I missed?

We have regular sales and promotions throughout the year, but at the moment there is no specific event or sale happening. However, our consultants may be hosting private cooking parties with their customers, which may explain the quietness.

3. Did something happen to the company or products?

No, everything is running smoothly and our products are still as amazing as ever. Our consultants and customers are just busy enjoying our products and sharing them with others.

4. Is this a slow time for Pampered Chef?

Not necessarily. Our consultants have flexible schedules and may be hosting parties and events at different times throughout the day. This may make it seem quiet at certain times, but rest assured that we are always available to assist you.

5. Where can I find more information about upcoming events and parties?

You can visit our website or contact your local Pampered Chef consultant for more information about upcoming events and parties. You can also follow us on social media for updates and announcements.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• ChefLisa
  • Buy and Sell Items
Replies
Views
baychef
  • myjobisaparty
  • Pampered Chef Flyers
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
Replies