• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Where Does the Time Go? Celebrating My Daughter's 9th Birthday on Flag Day!

I pinch myself and say thank you for this amazing gift. :)They grow up so fast! Mine will be turning 10 soon.
lacychef
My older daughter turns 9 today:eek: Where on Earth does the time go? I know some of you have kids much older...but man, it's so hard to believe how each year goes faster & faster.
(we've been joking all week with her, saying it's just Flag Day today...she doesn't think that's too funny though! She thinks everyone hangs their flag to celebrate her b-day!) So, Happy Flag Day to you all too!

Happy Birthday to your daughter, and happy flag day as well! We've got our flag flying high! :)

lacychef said:
My older daughter turns 9 today:eek: Where on Earth does the time go? I know some of you have kids much older...but man, it's so hard to believe how each year goes faster & faster.
(we've been joking all week with her, saying it's just Flag Day today...she doesn't think that's too funny though! She thinks everyone hangs their flag to celebrate her b-day!) So, Happy Flag Day to you all too!

LOL that's what Robyn (my daughter) thought too! She's 17 today...she's my baby too~ Happy Birthday to your daughter!

I was just thinking the same thing (how quickly they grow up)...we came home last night from dropping our oldest off at college :eek: For her graduation party we hung up picture collages. (They are still up...I can't bring myself to take them down yet!) One picture is a blown up pic of her at her 4th birthday party wearing pink cowboy boots, pink cowboy hat, and her Pink Power Ranger skirt and top! I keep staring at that poster and THAT is how I see her. It's hard to look at that picture and see the beautiful 18 year old Georgia Tech freshman we just left in Atlanta!!They grow up quickly so hug them while you can :)

Last edited:
Happy happy joy joy!!!

May all your flags fly with glory in the wind!!

:cry: OMGosh, I have been having this kind of a week too! DS just "graduated" from 5th grade and DD is going into 3rd grade! DD was only 6 months old when I started with PC! I feel like I just put DS on the bus to go to Kindergarten and here he is going into Middle School! He finally admitted to not believeing in the Tooth Fairy this past week....:cry: my guess is he will 'fess up to Santa soon enough!

I know what you mean! My DDs turned 6 and 3 this month and last and it about made me cry to think they were growing too fast and no longer babies. DDs kindergarten year FLEW by quicker than I ever could have imagined :( Time does fly by faster each and every year no Doubt! I hate that! :(

I am sooo with you!!! My oldest will be 7 in a month, I have been in MN almost 10 years and my 20th HS reunion is this summer!!! I can not believe I have been out of school for 20 years!!!

where does the time go?

My sweet little boy is now a sophmore in high school and not so sweet anymore. It seems like yesterday I just put him on the kindergarten bus and I remember ( and he does to) me following the bus to the school and I cried the entire way. DD and DS are 1 and 2 and that time has already flown by too, next thing you know I will be following their bus. Time sure does fly.
Happy birthday to your daughter :)

yesHoney, I know what you mean!!
My son turns nine on Tuesday.
We planned our vacation so that we will be in the Smoky Mountains on his birthday this year. We are all looking forward to it.

Now another problem with the kids getting older is that means I am getting older too. :cry:

Happy Birthday to your sweet babies!

My youngest DD will be attending her 20 year reunion this summer.

In the blink of an eye they grow up and have families of their own. Eldest DD will be 40 in September.:eek:

Cherish your moments and make time for them. "They grow up so fast" is not just a cliche.;)

You all need to give your kids huge hugs!!!! I can't wait for the day when I get to put my baby on a school bus. But right now I'm short in the baby department..

Enjoy your kids!

I've been sorta melancholy all week (okay some of it is most likely hormones too.) thinking that my baby turned 4 last Sunday.

He is my one and only. Being a Mom is the sweetest job (and most frustrating job!) I have - and one that I know is such a gift from God. The one job I never thought I would have, God gave to me. Every day, when Micah gets up, I think again of what a joy, thrill, and responsibility it is to be called Mom.

LOL - I told you I was melancholy!:eek:

ChefBeckyD said:
I've been sorta melancholy all week (okay some of it is most likely hormones too.) thinking that my baby turned 4 last Sunday.

He is my one and only. Being a Mom is the sweetest job (and most frustrating job!) I have - and one that I know is such a gift from God. The one job I never thought I would have, God gave to me. Every day, when Micah gets up, I think again of what a joy, thrill, and responsibility it is to be called Mom.

LOL - I told you I was melancholy!:eek:
Knock it off woman! Snap out of it!

0019.gif

Here's a banana to cheer you up! :)

Kitchen Diva said:
Knock it off woman! Snap out of it!

0019.gif

Here's a banana to cheer you up! :)

Thanks for not posting that other banana!:D :thumbup:

ChefBeckyD said:
Thanks for not posting that other banana!:D :thumbup:

I think this one is a little more disturbing thasn the dancing one..........

chefmeg said:
I think this one is a little more disturbing thasn the dancing one..........
I might agree with you there!

Kitchen2u said:
LOL that's what Robyn (my daughter) thought too! She's 17 today...she's my baby too~ Happy Birthday to your daughter!
Hope your daughter had a great day too!

That's okay Becky; we all have those melancholy moments! (or days, or weeks, etc...;) )

lacychef said:
Hope your daughter had a great day too!
Thanks Lacy (this is Robyn typing) ~ Mom showed me this...so sweet of you!

I had a INCREDIBLE day yesterday. Mom was asking me for 3 weeks..."what are we going to do about your BD...party, etc?" I ended up sleeping in (yeah!), Mom took me on a shopping spree and emptied her checkbook! (Not really, but close!) Made cookies with my best friends, hung out with them, went to the Monarches game (WNBA), then ended the day at my favorite~Tops Yogurt. Nice relaxing...OH! When my friends were over, the door bell rang. Opened it and there was a arrangement of roses an carnations, along with a squirrel (stuffed, LOL) and an "you're old" cane...no one there! I ran out to see who it was...no one around. When Mom came out...a car drove by, but we didn't know who it was. Found out it was from my ex-boyfriend...we broke up about 2-3 weeks ago on friendly terms. Mom laughed...I LOVE flowers...only got flowers one time ~ but got some now? What up with that? We got a GREAT laugh out of it...

:love: . . . Robyn

What is "Holy Cow, Kids Grow Too Fast!"?

"Holy Cow, Kids Grow Too Fast!" is a cookbook specifically designed for families with young children. It features quick and easy recipes that are perfect for busy parents and picky eaters.

Are the recipes in "Holy Cow, Kids Grow Too Fast!" healthy?

Yes, all of the recipes in "Holy Cow, Kids Grow Too Fast!" are made with wholesome, nutritious ingredients. We understand the importance of feeding growing kids nutritious meals, and that's why we've included a variety of healthy options in this cookbook.

Can the recipes in "Holy Cow, Kids Grow Too Fast!" be adapted for picky eaters?

Absolutely! We know how challenging it can be to please picky eaters, especially when it comes to trying new foods. That's why we've included tips and tricks throughout the cookbook on how to adapt the recipes to fit your child's preferences.

Are the ingredients in "Holy Cow, Kids Grow Too Fast!" easy to find?

Yes, we've made sure to include ingredients that are commonly found in most grocery stores. However, if you can't find a certain ingredient, we've also provided substitutions and alternatives to make sure you can still make the recipe.

Does "Holy Cow, Kids Grow Too Fast!" include recipes for special dietary needs?

Yes, we understand that some families have dietary restrictions or preferences, so we've included recipes that are gluten-free, dairy-free, and vegetarian. We want all families to be able to enjoy delicious meals from this cookbook.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• pampchefsarah
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
3RingChef
  • sslangley
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
Gina M
  • The_Kitchen_Guy