• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Pray for My BFF in the ICU: A Heartfelt Request for Healing and Comfort

In summary, my BFF is back in the ICU of our local hospital after having medical problems for nearly 20 years. She has had multiple surgeries to remove various things from within her and
lkprescott
Silver Member
My BFF (she and I have been so for almost 25 years - she's like a sister to me) is back in the ICU of our local hospital. She's had medical problems for nearly 20 years now, stemming from the discovery that she only had one kidney (born that way) and it failed... transplant... 9 years after that it failed... dialysis ever since... fast forward through a LOT of problems during that time and she's back in the hospital worse as she's ever been. Her BP is so low dialysis is nearly impossible... without which she'll die. She's been battling sepsis and several surgeries to remove various things from within her and fixing things that have come undone. She now has MRSA. They're doing what they can for her comfort and to aid her fight and I'm not asking for healing beyond her time... but if healing is to be that it be soon and with painfree results... however if it's to the point where it's her time to go, I'm asking that it be painless and swift so she can be released from her misery and so her family can stop being tortured with the day to day passage of not knowing where each day will lead. This is not an easy thing to ask... and it's not an easy prayer to say... simply put I want the best possible outcome FOR HER, come what may.

She's only 36 years old, initials are D.B.... the only daughter to her parents who are going through hell right now. My heart breaks with each visit I make... so prayers of strength to them would be greatly appreciated - I simply can't imagine the pain they're going through. I know and see how each day they see her hurts... the visits are so hard on them... there's just so little we can do but pray for the best possible outcome.

Thank you...

lkprescott said:
My BFF (she and I have been so for almost 25 years - she's like a sister to me) is back in the ICU of our local hospital. She's had medical problems for nearly 20 years now, stemming from the discovery that she only had one kidney (born that way) and it failed... transplant... 9 years after that it failed... dialysis ever since... fast forward through a LOT of problems during that time and she's back in the hospital worse as she's ever been. Her BP is so low dialysis is nearly impossible... without which she'll die. She's been battling sepsis and several surgeries to remove various things from within her and fixing things that have come undone. She now has MRSA. They're doing what they can for her comfort and to aid her fight and I'm not asking for healing beyond her time... but if healing is to be that it be soon and with painfree results... however if it's to the point where it's her time to go, I'm asking that it be painless and swift so she can be released from her misery and so her family can stop being tortured with the day to day passage of not knowing where each day will lead. This is not an easy thing to ask... and it's not an easy prayer to say... simply put I want the best possible outcome FOR HER, come what may.

She's only 36 years old, initials are D.B.... the only daughter to her parents who are going through hell right now. My heart breaks with each visit I make... so prayers of strength to them would be greatly appreciated - I simply can't imagine the pain they're going through. I know and see how each day they see her hurts... the visits are so hard on them... there's just so little we can do but pray for the best possible outcome.

Thank you...

Oh Lisa! I will be praying.

I went through a time 2 yrs ago (it seems like just yesterday) when I was helping care for a dear friend with terminal breast cancer. It is heartbreaking - and yet you can't lose hope. I can empathize with your pain and hurt, and that of her family - and will be praying for all D.B., her family, and for you as her friend.

Prayers being said...

{{{HUGS}}}

Oh, so tough! We'll be praying for her and you!

Sending prayers...

Oh Lisa - I'm so sorry for all your dear friend has to go through - praying for her!

Lots of prayers coming ~

I'm so sorry about D.B., I know what it's like to sit helplessly and watch a loved one get sicker and sicker and not be able to do anything about it. I pray that all turns out for the best for her, her family and you.

sending more prayers for her, the family & you.

I'm so sorry to hear that you and your friend are going through this. I'm sending positive healing energy her way.

sending prayers and thoughts of peace for you, D.B, and her entire family.

Today's visit was a mixed bag again. They usually are... any gains seen are usually 'balanced' with steps back... Today she was frustrated with adjusting her TV (which is a gain - that she's 'awake' enough to be bored and need tv stimulus) and unable to do so herself (her hands/fingers simply wouldn't cooperate with her will) so I helped her with that... her ability to speak though is inhibited and she was wet coughing a bit... still puffy too... will continue with daily visits as best I can. It's just breaking my heart to see her so sick... Thanks to everyone for their prayers.. I'll keep folks updated as I can.

Sorry to hear about this sad news, I can only imagaine how heart breaking this must be for you and her family, and her, of course. It is horrible to feel so helpless!

I will certainly pray for peace for all of you, and that she will not be in pain.

Thank you everyone for all the prayers. Dani passed over from this life Saturday morning, about 11am. She was attended by myself through her transition. While my heart aches with pain for her loss, it also rejoices that she is now free of her pain. If anyone wishes, continued prayers for, especially her parents, would be appreciated. She was their only daughter... Parents aren't supposed to bury their children... Even when someone's obviously fighting for their lives, it's still a shock when the battle's over.

Lisa, my heart aches for you. I will continue to pray for you and for her family. I'm so sorry for your loss.

Lisa,

I am so sorry for your loss. You and Dani's family will be in my prayers.

Last edited:
praying for strength for all of you...

oh Lisa.I am so sorry for your loss. What a gift to your friend that you were by her side as she passed away.
I will continue to pray for comfort for you and her parents.

Oh Lisa - I'm so sorry for your loss - I'm glad you were able to be by your friend's side through this difficult time. Praying that her family and friends have comfort through this sad time.

thank the Lord that your friend has found peace.
now the healing begins for those she left behind.
will keep her friends & family in my prayers.

1. What is "Pray for My BFF in the ICU" about?

"Pray for My BFF in the ICU" is a heartfelt request for healing and comfort for a friend who is in intensive care. It is a way to gather support and positive energy through prayer for someone who is going through a difficult time.

2. How can I participate in "Pray for My BFF in the ICU"?

To participate in "Pray for My BFF in the ICU," you can simply offer your thoughts and prayers for the person in the ICU. You can also share the request with others and encourage them to join in prayer as well.

3. Is "Pray for My BFF in the ICU" affiliated with a specific religion?

No, "Pray for My BFF in the ICU" is not affiliated with any specific religion. It is simply a request for love, support, and positive energy through prayer for someone in need.

4. Can I leave a message or comment for the person in the ICU?

At this time, we do not have a way for individuals to leave messages or comments for the person in the ICU. However, you can offer your thoughts and prayers through the "Pray for My BFF in the ICU" page and we will make sure the person receives them.

5. Can I request "Pray for My BFF in the ICU" for someone other than a best friend?

Yes, you can request "Pray for My BFF in the ICU" for anyone who is in the intensive care unit and needs healing and comfort. It does not have to be limited to just your best friend.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• The_Kitchen_Guy
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
The_Kitchen_Guy
  • ChefBeckyD
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
Chef Shari
Replies