• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Where Do We Report Violations of the Internet Policy?

I'm a quiet poster and a relative newbie to this forum as far as posting goes... just started getting into it for the last month or so. As much as I hate to post on this type of topic , for what it's worth, here's my two cents as a relatively new person...

I think this is a wonderful site focussed around wonderful "Pampered Chef" consultants who are willing to share and help other consultants with their Pampered Chef businesses. Although it's sometimes is a place to vent where appropriate, I find much more positive and helpful information here than the negative.

You may be curious to know (and you may not) from a new person's perspective what all of the bickering lately comes off as and for that I share my opinion...

This is what I see: If everyone on here that is forever bickering and debating is just SO successful with their businesses, etc. etc. etc., when in the world are they having time to run them? It would appear that most of their time is spent checking message boards and engaging in conflict and speculation rather than focussing on the positive. Is that how I should run my business too to be successful at their level?

Maybe that could be an eye opener to you, and maybe not. But I thought it was at least worth a post... We all could take a step back once in a while. Time for a reality check never hurt anyone...

Very well said, Darcy, and point very well taken. I don't spend as much time on here as I used to, but I do have to say that I feel like I was pretty successful with my business even when I was posting here while on the phone every day. I think it's more about how passionate someone is that makes them successful or not. Plenty of successful consultants on here post quite a bit. This board is different things for different people - for me it's a networking group and a big ole bunch of my friends that know *exactly* what I am talking about when I talk "shop". :)

EVERYBODY STOP!

That's it!

Enough!

Ahem. <Subject Change>

Loriann said:
JanetUpNorth,
The email didn't come from a call center agent - it came from Richard Laiche.

Who is Richard Laiche? I've heard that name before and just wondered who he is. Thanks! :D

It's another dreary day here in NJ... lol

LibrarianChef said:
Ahem. <Subject Change>

Who is Richard Laiche? I've heard that name before and just wondered who he is. Thanks! :D

He is in the Legal Dept at HO.

ginamkiely said:
It's another dreary day here in NJ... lol

Its really getting old....We leave for Baltimore Inner Harbor tomorrow for five days. The sad part is, Im looking forward to signing tonight, starting training tonight and coming home to my package next week! LOL...Im so selfish!:yuck: :D ;) :p

You must be so excited - I couldn't wait to get my kit

Kathytnt said:
You must be so excited - I couldn't wait to get my kit

I think Im more excited about not having a child tonight or a boyfriend and going over my recruiter's house to train! Im out of the house ALONE! WHOO HOO!!!!!:love: :)

Wohoo! Too cool Have fun!

Denarella said:
I think Im more excited about not having a child tonight or a boyfriend and going over my recruiter's house to train! Im out of the house ALONE! WHOO HOO!!!!!:love: :)

Ahhhh - one of the many things I love about PC!:love:

Ok I have been biting my tongue here for the longest time and have to say;

If ya'll have so much time on your hands to be doing searches and searches for who is breakin the rules, and then you have to play "tatytale" then maybe you should take that time your usin and put it into your business!

I can't believe all the slandering and back stabbin going on here and it makes me sick!!!

If ya'll have a problem with someone then by all means, PM them and if that gets you no where, then proceed where you feel necessary.

But please leave all of us out of your "tatytalin!!!!"

Obviously people have to much time on their hands and should just quit being so jelous of the next person!

Ok there I said my peace and if you have a problem with what I said then put me on your ignore list!

I was always brought up to....
Find out the truth and then proceed not find out what I think is going on and tell the next person!
Auugghhh!!! It drives me CRAZY! It's like in high school again! She said, she said.... she said.
Grow up! Oh and by the way, I did not call so and so and tell them before I posted, I said it how I felt it!

Now I am sorry if I offended anyone or peed in your corn flakes, but I had to get this out and now I feel better.
Thanks!

Last edited:
OhmyDLM said:
I'm a quiet poster and a relative newbie to this forum as far as posting goes... just started getting into it for the last month or so. As much as I hate to post on this type of topic , for what it's worth, here's my two cents as a relatively new person...

I think this is a wonderful site focussed around wonderful "Pampered Chef" consultants who are willing to share and help other consultants with their Pampered Chef businesses. Although it's sometimes is a place to vent where appropriate, I find much more positive and helpful information here than the negative.

You may be curious to know (and you may not) from a new person's perspective what all of the bickering lately comes off as and for that I share my opinion...

This is what I see: If everyone on here that is forever bickering and debating is just SO successful with their businesses, etc. etc. etc., when in the world are they having time to run them? It would appear that most of their time is spent checking message boards and engaging in conflict and speculation rather than focussing on the positive. Is that how I should run my business too to be successful at their level?

Maybe that could be an eye opener to you, and maybe not. But I thought it was at least worth a post... We all could take a step back once in a while. Time for a reality check never hurt anyone...

I couldn't agree with you more Darcy....

This by any means is not intended for you.

Ok I have been biting my tongue here for the longest time and have to say;

If ya'll have so much time on your hands to be doing searches and searches for who is breakin the rules, and then you have to play "tatytale" then maybe you should take that time your usin and put it into your business!

I can't believe all the slandering and back stabbin going on here and it makes me sick!!!

If ya'll have a problem with someone then by all means, PM them and if that gets you no where, then proceed where you feel necessary.

But please leave all of us out of your "tatytalin!!!!"

Obviously people have to much time on their hands and should just quit being so jelous of the next person!

Ok there I said my peace and if you have a problem with what I said then put me on your ignore list!

I was always brought up to....
Find out the truth and then proceed not find out what I think is going on and tell the next person!
Auugghhh!!! It drives me CRAZY! It's like in high school again! She said, she said.... she said.
Grow up! Oh and by the way, I did not call so and so and tell them before I posted, I said it how I felt it!

Now I am sorry if I offended anyone or peed in your corn flakes, but I had to get this out and now I feel better.
Thanks!

Denarella said:

out of the house ALONE... that's a new concept for me!! lol. i think it's a HUGE treat when I can go to the bathroom with the DOOR CLOSED! lol. you moms know what i'm talking about!

ginamkiely said:
out of the house ALONE... that's a new concept for me!! lol. i think it's a HUGE treat when I can go to the bathroom with the DOOR CLOSED! lol. you moms know what i'm talking about!

I'm with you, Gina. I'm happy to do ANYTHING alone - even inside the house!

sorry to get back to the orignal thread here, but I have 2 questions. Well, I had two, until I got distracted by all the other stuff. Now I can only think of 1 :)

My question: Am I to understand that I am violating policy by mentioning my PWS on my facebook profile? It doesn't link to my PWS (I don't think it does, anyway). Should I take it down? Any other facebookers on here.

Ohhhh... just remebered my 2nd question:)

2. On facebook, I'm part of a group -- something like "work at home moms". On there, I mentioned being a PC consultant while part of a discussion. Was that wrong?

Now I'm feeling guilty. Should I be feeling guilty?

peichef said:
sorry to get back to the orignal thread here, but I have 2 questions. Well, I had two, until I got distracted by all the other stuff. Now I can only think of 1 :)

My question: Am I to understand that I am violating policy by mentioning my PWS on my facebook profile? It doesn't link to my PWS (I don't think it does, anyway). Should I take it down? Any other facebookers on here.

Ohhhh... just remebered my 2nd question:)

2. On facebook, I'm part of a group -- something like "work at home moms". On there, I mentioned being a PC consultant while part of a discussion. Was that wrong?

Now I'm feeling guilty. Should I be feeling guilty?

Apparently, according to the information posted here, you can't mention that you are a PC consultant anywhere on the internet, except in a message board like this that is set up for talking to other PC consultants. I would remove all references you have to PC everywhere, just to be safe. HTH!

This is all new to me and I guess I've never really felt an impulse to look this up. What about E-mail "Signatures?"

email signatures are OK, because those go out only in notes that you send to your customers. They aren't out there on the internet for any search engine to find.
Read through the policies - they really do cover most of the bases.

chefann said:
email signatures are OK, because those go out only in notes that you send to your customers. They aren't out there on the internet for any search engine to find.
Read through the policies - they really do cover most of the bases.

Pheeew! Thank you. I will read that when I get a chance. Right now I'm sweating bullets because the new Director from the HO (Hispanic Market) will be visiting our area and they want ME to do a live recipe for the event. Haven't even had a chance to practice yet. :eek:

Yeah i had made a Myspace a while ago, well my sis did, and it was so cute, but when i got the Weekly Bites, I QUICKLY deleted it. And plus, what kinda business are you going to get from that anyway? For the Little while i did have it, it was a waste of time and effort. I do agree with all of you, we are supposed to be able to go to our Director, and they should be doing things right in the first place, if not it will just go down the chain... from our D, to our recruits,and on and on.. ya know ..?? GRR>. oh and hahaha!! FSST FSST>. that was funny. hehe

so to clarify, not only can we not mention our PWS but we cna't mention being consultants?! Well, I can't remove my comment from that discussion group, I don't think.

any other facebookers on here who have mentioned PC in their personal info (ie: interests, employment)? This sucks:(

peichef said:
so to clarify, not only can we not mention our PWS but we cna't mention being consultants?! Well, I can't remove my comment from that discussion group, I don't think.

any other facebookers on here who have mentioned PC in their personal info (ie: interests, employment)? This sucks:(

You should be able to delete any public comments you have made on Facebook and clean that up. You can say you sell quality kitchen products in someone's home but don't mention PC in any way shape or form or indentify the company...

...and to second what someone else said...if you're looking to myspace for business, you're just going to get "junk"...best to do it the old-fashioned way and build those personal relationships with your customers. It will get you further.

Addie4TLC said:
This is all new to me and I guess I've never really felt an impulse to look this up. What about E-mail "Signatures?"

Email signatures are ok except when you use them in emails to things like yahoo groups or google groups or other places that are both web and email.

peichef said:
so to clarify, not only can we not mention our PWS but we cna't mention being consultants?! Well, I can't remove my comment from that discussion group, I don't think. (

You may be able to contact the moderators and ask them to delete the comment. Most online groups have a way for a moderator to delete posts/comments.

tlennhoff said:
Email signatures are ok except when you use them in emails to things like yahoo groups or google groups or other places that are both web and email.

Thanks for the clarification.

Let me clarify: I've never been to myspace. I only mentioned my PWS on my facebook profile under my contact info. The only people who access it are my accpeted friends. As for the group I joined on facebook, it wasn't meant as a means gathering sales, etc. It's a work-from-home group, full of moms in direct sales. that group is very similar to what we do here, except the participants are from a variety of companies. I'd never use a forum like myspace or facebook with the expectation of revolutionizing my business.

peichef said:
Let me clarify: I've never been to myspace. I only mentioned my PWS on my facebook profile under my contact info. The only people who access it are my accpeted friends. As for the group I joined on facebook, it wasn't meant as a means gathering sales, etc. It's a work-from-home group, full of moms in direct sales. that group is very similar to what we do here, except the participants are from a variety of companies. I'd never use a forum like myspace or facebook with the expectation of revolutionizing my business.

Sorry, my second thought wasn't directed at you at all, just a comment about myspace in general.

I didn't want to post numerous times to respond to various posts.

I like Facebook, we use it to communicate with our summer staff...myspace I won't touch. Facebook is unfortunately starting to get a little cluttered but still good.

no worries -- did I sound bitter? Sorry. It's been raining here all day, I've been trapped inside my still yet-to-be-unpacked house with 3 kids. ARGHHH! Now I feel better. Again, I apologize if I was cranky, Janet.

peichef said:
no worries -- did I sound bitter? Sorry. It's been raining here all day, I've been trapped inside my still yet-to-be-unpacked house with 3 kids. ARGHHH! Now I feel better. Again, I apologize if I was cranky, Janet.

No problem here - just wanted you to know that part wasn't directed at you.

Can you PLLLLLEEEEAAASSSEEE send some rain here? We've had .34" of rain here in over a month's time. We SOOOOO need rain and it is all south of us.

Send some here so you can get out!

Janet, you can have some of our rain :) PLEASE!!!!

It's raining here now.....yippie! I can hear my garden and yard singing!!!! Also a lot of lightning.....not so yippie.....

pamperedlinda said:
It's raining here now.....yippie! I can hear my garden and yard singing!!!! Also a lot of lightning.....not so yippie.....

lightening is what makes everything green!

We were caught in a huge thunderstorm with high winds while trying to leave the fair......sorta scary when you are sitting in your car!

PCwithStay-C said:
Janet, you can have some of our rain :) PLEASE!!!!

Ooooo... I want some here, too!!! We are SOOOO dry and the temps have been over 100 degs for three straight days. Most schools in the area started back this week and almost all were on 2 hour early dismissals and there were quite a few that were cancelled completely! I can't believe that some schools are having to tap into their "reserved days" already... those are used mostly for snow days around here... I can't remember when entire school districts closed for "heat days"!

katie0128 said:
Ooooo... I want some here, too!!! We are SOOOO dry and the temps have been over 100 degs for three straight days. Most schools in the area started back this week and almost all were on 2 hour early dismissals and there were quite a few that were cancelled completely! I can't believe that some schools are having to tap into their "reserved days" already... those are used mostly for snow days around here... I can't remember when entire school districts closed for "heat days"!
Wow! Yet it will be frezzing cold and possibly raining for Leadership? Not fair... Although I do prefer cold to HOT.

katie0128 said:

:yuck: about the heat. I know that kinda thing well though (Aussie born and bred!!) Our rain was nice to cool down a little but its gotten out of hand!! Its gone from high 90's to 50' and 60's in about 3days!! I hate this weather!!

Well my lawn is finally green again after last weekends rain. We were lucky didn't get nearly the amt as in the south east part of MN. Yup we are in the news again ......

of course it had to rain while my folks were visiting from NH where they are pretty sick of the rain! Oh well we had a nice visit and my kids totally enjoyed grandma and grandpa!

<h2>1. Am I wrong for reporting a new consultant advertising on craigslist?</h2><p>No, you are not wrong. As a Pampered Chef consultant, it is your responsibility to follow the company's policies and procedures. Advertising on craigslist is against the company's internet policy as it can potentially harm your business and the reputation of Pampered Chef.</p><h2>2. Can a consultant advertise on craigslist as long as they are not offering products, only services?</h2><p>No, consultants are not allowed to advertise on any third-party websites, including craigslist, regardless of whether they are offering products or services. This is clearly stated in the company's internet policy, which all consultants are required to follow.</p><h2>3. The consultant's director and upline said it was fine, is that true?</h2><p>No, the director and upline may not be aware of the company's internet policy or may have misunderstood it. It is always best to refer to the official company policies and procedures rather than relying on personal opinions or interpretations.</p><h2>4. Can I advertise on craigslist if another consultant is doing it?</h2><p>No, you should not advertise on craigslist or any other third-party websites, even if other consultants are doing it. It is important to follow the company's policies and procedures to maintain a fair and ethical business environment for all consultants.</p><h2>5. If a consultant is not following the internet policy, who should I report it to?</h2><p>You can report any violations of the internet policy to your upline or mentor, or directly to the Pampered Chef compliance department. You can find the contact information for the compliance department on the company's website or through your consultant back office.</p>

Related to Where Do We Report Violations of the Internet Policy?

1. Am I wrong for reporting a new consultant advertising on craigslist?

No, you are not wrong. As a Pampered Chef consultant, it is your responsibility to follow the company's policies and procedures. Advertising on craigslist is against the company's internet policy as it can potentially harm your business and the reputation of Pampered Chef.

2. Can a consultant advertise on craigslist as long as they are not offering products, only services?

No, consultants are not allowed to advertise on any third-party websites, including craigslist, regardless of whether they are offering products or services. This is clearly stated in the company's internet policy, which all consultants are required to follow.

3. The consultant's director and upline said it was fine, is that true?

No, the director and upline may not be aware of the company's internet policy or may have misunderstood it. It is always best to refer to the official company policies and procedures rather than relying on personal opinions or interpretations.

4. Can I advertise on craigslist if another consultant is doing it?

No, you should not advertise on craigslist or any other third-party websites, even if other consultants are doing it. It is important to follow the company's policies and procedures to maintain a fair and ethical business environment for all consultants.

5. If a consultant is not following the internet policy, who should I report it to?

You can report any violations of the internet policy to your upline or mentor, or directly to the Pampered Chef compliance department. You can find the contact information for the compliance department on the company's website or through your consultant back office.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
pchefjaime
  • The_Kitchen_Guy
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
The_Kitchen_Guy
  • lizdpamperedchef
  • General Chat
Replies