• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Consultant's Unfair Craigslist Ad in Suffolk County: What to Do?

In summary, a new consultant is advertising on Craigslist without following company policy. The old consultant in Suffolk County is also advertising and the new consultant is trying to contact her.
lizdpamperedchef
Hi Everyone,

Just had to vent about this since it made me sooooo angry yesterday. I had a Hostess who does alot of catering and she does most of her advertising on Craigslist. She asked me why I didn't advertise there, and I explained it is company policy not to ( I think that is crazy but w/e). She calls me yesteday and tell me to go on and check out this ad.

A Consultant in Suffolk County (Where I live) has a ad running. She didn't put her website just her email address.:mad: :mad: :mad:

I advertised once on there not realizing that you can do ANY advertising online, removed my ad immediately. Any suggestions on how I should handle this or if I should just let it go.

The best thing to do is notify HO. There is a specific person that you can contact. Ann knows but its too early in the morning for me...

lizdpamperedchef said:
Hi Everyone,

Just had to vent about this since it made me sooooo angry yesterday. I had a Hostess who does alot of catering and she does most of her advertising on Craigslist. She asked me why I didn't advertise there, and I explained it is company policy not to ( I think that is crazy but w/e). She calls me yesteday and tell me to go on and check out this ad.

A Consultant in Suffolk County (Where I live) has a ad running. She didn't put her website just her email address.:mad: :mad: :mad:

I advertised once on there not realizing that you can do ANY advertising online, removed my ad immediately. Any suggestions on how I should handle this or if I should just let it go.

Hey Liz - WOW - I wonder if we know her (being I am in Suffolk also) - Maybe you should email her nicely and let her know it is against policy - she might be new and not know - I am going to check it out when I come home from the 4 games today!!

It's also in the Hitchhiker's Guide to CS.Don't confront the violater - that's HO's job.

PamperedDor said:
Hey Liz - WOW - I wonder if we know her (being I am in Suffolk also) - Maybe you should email her nicely and let her know it is against policy - she might be new and not know - I am going to check it out when I come home from the 4 games today!!

Several folks here have tried to do this in the past. Some of the responses have been vicious, rude, and actually threatening. You're right that many new consultants mean well, but don't read the policies. HO knows this and handles both unintentional and intentional violations all the time . My personal reccommendation, for what it's worth :blushing: , is to let HO take care of it.

What might be meant as an attempt at good will, and an attempt to help out, is often mistaken for meddling and arrogance. The last time someone tried to help out a noob with a situation like this (Internet advertising) and only by offering generic and non-specific advice, a flame war errupted. It was vicious and threatening, too, just as Leggy pointed out. I also recently had a run-in with a noob who sent me a scathing message along the lines of "how dare you" blah blah blah.
blablabla.gif
Needless to say, she immediately went on my ignore list, because life is too short to suffer idiots. That one had nothing to do with rules or violations, either, it was just trying to help someone not look like an idiot - which, it turns out, she is anyway. As far as I know, my idiot doesn't come around much anymore - she probably thinks we're all a bunch or arrogant snobs. I feel sorry for her, actually, but if she's that big of an idiot, we don't need her as part of the community.Oh, and the one who started a flame war over internet rules violations, and her backer who helped pour on the alcohol? No one sees much of them anymore, either. They're probably too busy trying to hide their ISP's so the spooks from HO can't find them.

I recently reported someone from craigslist to HO she was giving away "Free" PC items, and so I figured I would inquire, and then she replies with "If you host a show" So I forwarded the email on...some people just don't know...or understand the policy I guess until they are caught.

legacypc46 said:
Several folks here have tried to do this in the past. Some of the responses have been vicious, rude, and actually threatening. You're right that many new consultants mean well, but don't read the policies. HO knows this and handles both unintentional and intentional violations all the time . My personal reccommendation, for what it's worth :blushing: , is to let HO take care of it.

Ok - advice taken -

Sorry - sometimes I just try to do more good then I should - I agree and sadly never thought that it could have turned vicious or rude - so I wouldnt contact her either Liz. Let HO take care of it -

BTW - while I am on breaks from games - I looked it up and she just put in her email and that she did shows etc. I still believe it is a violation of policy too.

The_Kitchen_Guy said:
What might be meant as an attempt at good will, and an attempt to help out, is often mistaken for meddling and arrogance. The last time someone tried to help out a noob with a situation like this (Internet advertising) and only by offering generic and non-specific advice, a flame war errupted. It was vicious and threatening, too, just as Leggy pointed out.

I also recently had a run-in with a noob who sent me a scathing message along the lines of "how dare you" blah blah blah.
blablabla.gif

Needless to say, she immediately went on my ignore list, because life is too short to suffer idiots. That one had nothing to do with rules or violations, either, it was just trying to help someone not look like an idiot - which, it turns out, she is anyway.

As far as I know, my idiot doesn't come around much anymore - she probably thinks we're all a bunch or arrogant snobs. I feel sorry for her, actually, but if she's that big of an idiot, we don't need her as part of the community.

Oh, and the one who started a flame war over internet rules violations, and her backer who helped pour on the alcohol? No one sees much of them anymore, either. They're probably too busy trying to hide their ISP's so the spooks from HO can't find them.

KG- sorry someone was mean to you! You are very helpful to everyone on this board, so it's her loss! :) You can help me not look like an idiot any time you want. I realize that might be a full time job some days...

and it doesn't pay well....

:)

But it's appreciated just the same!:D

vwpamperedchef said:
I recently reported someone from craigslist to HO she was giving away "Free" PC items, and so I figured I would inquire, and then she replies with "If you host a show" So I forwarded the email on...some people just don't know...or understand the policy I guess until they are caught.
I'm also always amused by how indignant they get when they're caught.

"But officer, there are so many cars in the other lanes and no one in the diamond lane. It's going to be your fault if I'm late for work!"

1. What should I do if I come across a consultant's unfair Craigslist ad in Suffolk County?

If you come across a consultant's unfair Craigslist ad in Suffolk County, you should report it to Craigslist immediately. You can click on the "prohibited" link at the bottom of the ad and follow the prompts to report the ad. You can also contact Pampered Chef directly to make them aware of the situation.

2. How can I tell if a Craigslist ad from a Pampered Chef consultant is unfair or unethical?

Unfair or unethical Craigslist ads from Pampered Chef consultants may include false claims or promises, misleading information, or attempts to deceive or manipulate potential customers. Ads that offer unrealistic deals or discounts should also be reported.

3. Is it common for Pampered Chef consultants to post unfair ads on Craigslist in Suffolk County?

No, it is not common for Pampered Chef consultants to post unfair ads on Craigslist in Suffolk County. Pampered Chef has strict guidelines and policies in place to ensure that all consultants follow ethical and legal practices in their advertising and selling.

4. Will I be compensated if I have been a victim of an unfair Craigslist ad from a Pampered Chef consultant in Suffolk County?

We are unable to provide compensation for any potential losses or damages incurred from an unfair Craigslist ad. However, please report the ad to Craigslist and contact Pampered Chef directly to make them aware of the situation.

5. What actions will Pampered Chef take if a consultant is found to have posted an unfair ad on Craigslist in Suffolk County?

Pampered Chef takes claims of unfair or unethical advertising very seriously and will investigate any reported ads. If a consultant is found to have violated company policies, they may face disciplinary action, up to and including termination of their consultant agreement.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• chefkathy
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
chefheidi2003
  • pamperedpnina
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
etteluap70PC
  • chelynn