• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Where Do We Report Violations of the Internet Policy?

Linda,
The really strange thing - HO provided me with her eBay address, so I clicked on it - she only had 2 PC items for sale...huh???? I don't know much about eBay, so maybe she had sold some other items, but at the time I received the email she only had 2 items for sale...and one of the items I didn't sell her!

I assume somebody thought she might be a consultant, turned her in to HO, they checked and linked her to me as a past Host, and then sent me the "scary" email to see if I had anything to do with it.

what the heck that is very strange I hope that you find out what is going on........

rebeccastt said:
Exactly! How can they expect (if they are really expecting) to rid eBay of PC. People (except those who sign contracts) are entitled to sell whatever they want wherever they want.
Maybe they are thinking consultants are having their friends sell for them on ebay. I'm not saying Loriann is doing that, but maybe that's what they suspect?

katie0128 said:
I think we are seeing more because we are talking about it more on CS. I don't see why it is not clear to people... I think the rules are very clear. But, I also am an OCD reader... ya know, the people that read all of the fine print before they sign anything, so I really didn't need my director to explain it to me. (Besides, she is doing her own violating right now... doing another DS company and is a PC director... but that is another venting post and I digress...)
But when you have directors and up telling people that it is o.k., no wonder some newer consultants are getting confused. I think the director that chelynn is talking about need to be dealt with more severely (sp?) than the consultant... after all, she did check with them and they said it is o.k.
I am the same way. I read everything I sign. And, I would hate to see a director take the flack for someone else, but maybe they should offer a workshop or online training or quick conference call with directors so they can at least inform their team about what's legal.

Ah - I didn't even think about that. Are a lot of consultants doing that - having a friend sell on ebay?? It makes more sense now why I got that email if they thought I was in on it. Although, I find it kind of insulting too. I'd like to think that the majority of consultants are following the rules, unfortunately those that aren't are causing problems for the rest of us!

I'm sorry, but...okay, no, I'm not sorry. I don't care what my customers do with the products they buy. If I get my sales and commission higher, let them do whatever they want. I am not planning to police them, and PC doesn't have a right to expect me to police them. If a host has a show to promote my business and wants to sell her items on ebay, what am I supposed to do? I'm getting sales and bookings. She just isn't my problem. If she tells me what she's doing, I can chose not to work with her in the future, but I'm certainly not going to check up on her. I'm not even going to mention anything about this at shows because I wouldn't want to give anyone the idea. This is just silly.

JAE said:
I'm sorry, but...okay, no, I'm not sorry. I don't care what my customers do with the products they buy.
I don't want them to do "unseemly" things. LOL

Loriann said:
Ah - I didn't even think about that. Are a lot of consultants doing that - having a friend sell on ebay?? It makes more sense now why I got that email if they thought I was in on it. Although, I find it kind of insulting too. I'd like to think that the majority of consultants are following the rules, unfortunately those that aren't are causing problems for the rest of us!
It is insulting. I have been on the receiving end of one of those emails and you truly are guilty before proven innocent. I guess they are just trying to weed out the bad seeds.

Hi, I am new and I am a little confused about what is and isn't ok.

Can we have our PWS as part of a signature when posting in forums, such as this? What about "Independent Consultant for Pampered Chef" under our name in a signature area?

And if no to either or both, why not? Why is a signature line for posting in a forum different than in an email?

Thanks in advance!

A lady was just on our local news doing an entire Pampered Chef demo with all the PC products. She was a local consultant (different cluster than me though). Not sure but did she need permission for that? Is that allowed? I wonder about the details of that. If it is allowed, NO FAIR!....I would have liked to do that! :0)

I keep this handy just for these purposes.....

Consultant Agreement
Terms and Conditions

A. As a Pampered Chef® Consultant, I understand and agree:

1. I will promote and sell Company products to customers by regularly holding Cooking Shows. I will not sell Company products on the Internet or in any public, retail or service establishments. I will not sell Company products for resale. I will present Company products in a truthful, sincere and honest manner, and I will conduct myself in a manner that reflects the highest standards of integrity and responsibility in keeping with the reputation of the Company.
2. I will protect the Company’s trademarks and trade name by not reproducing the Company’s name and/or trademarks or copy any of the Company’s materials for use in any advertising without the prior written approval of the Company

PC Policies and procedures pg 21:
Consultants of any level are prohibited from linking to their Pampered Chef® Persona Web Sites. “…… “Additionally, any other form of advertising on the Web is prohibited.”

Pg22
Consultants and above
“Other than signing up for a Pampered Chef® Personal Website or approved vendor sites like Visual Impact Products, do not list the company name when filling out personal profiles on the Internet.”

Pg 23
The Home Office will randomly audit links to Personal Web Sites to ensure these guidelines are being followed. If you wish to report a violation, please e-mail Consultant Career Solutions at [email protected]

To the TV question if she was a current consultant and promoted herself as such then my guess is yes she would need permission. If she was not advertising herself as a consultant then NO I do not think so. EX: A local Senior director was on the tv here a year ago for winning a recipe contest. She never mentioned PC at all!

As for why we can not have PWS info on forums. It is considered advertising. When it is on an email you are informing people you usually allready know and have a connection with.

rebeccastt said:
<Thinking to myself> How can they rid eBay of PC products?

Was kinda thinking this myself.......I can understand a consultant selling all brand new items and/or strictly thru Ebay, but rid Ebay of ALL PC? They need to understand that older products are in high demand-of which they should be proud.

I did notice once, that there was several Ebayers selling a lot of items that were (conveniently) on the new product 'sample list' and also in the new consultant kit....now THAT is a cheap shot.

I'm also kinda concerned, because I thought that an Ebay seller's info was confidential?? I sell on Ebay (but never PC items, because I couldn't give up any of my PC stuff). How does HO get their info????

tx_deputyswife said:
Hi, I am new and I am a little confused about what is and isn't ok.

Can we have our PWS as part of a signature when posting in forums, such as this? What about "Independent Consultant for Pampered Chef" under our name in a signature area?

And if no to either or both, why not? Why is a signature line for posting in a forum different than in an email?

Thanks in advance!

It's really tricky because often there is no difference. I'm part of several forums that we post to simply by sending out emails. So if I'm not careful and don't change my signature line when I respond to an email from several of these communities, then my business would end up being advertised online--inadvertently.

Furthermore, from what I've been reading, isn't it actually against policy to post to this online forum if we mention that we're a consultant for PC or give any indication of our PWS link? Am I overlooking something in the fine print that makes this allowance? Anyone can be a member here, it's completely open to the public (I didn't have to verify that I was with PC and I've seen at least one posting by someone in the general public just asking questions about an item they bought from PC). I actually got into this forum before I was ever a member just by doing an online search for PC. I was able to read the posts, learn about all of you, etc. Of course, I was thrilled because I live in a very secluded area where I'm not likely to get to have cluster meetings--and I found an instant family overnight. :D

This online web policy gets REALLY confusing when you look at advertising in any local newspaper/magazine. I've been looking at three local newspapers which all come out in hardcopy to our community, but I've discovered that the papers are also available for download on each newspaper's website. Actually, truth be told, pretty much EVERY newspaper is available online somewhere these days. So, how can we advertise in any paper if we know there's a chance of it being made available online?

jasonmva said:
OK I'll be the one to open myself up for the bashing....

My personal feeling on this whole advertising the website is different from many people's. I feel that since I am paying for the website, I should be able to advertise MY business. It is, after all, My business My way....right?

If the websites were a freebie for every consultant, than yes I can see not advertising it...but it is a business expense. I pay for business cards and can give those out, what is the difference between that and the website?

I'm completely with you. The micromanaging seems a bit ridiculous both in the limitations of what we can have on our site and in how we can promote it. It was explained to me that the company was worried that most people would find PC products by doing a search online (i.e. Google, Yahoo, etc.) and that whoever's website showed up at the top of the search list would have an unfair advantage and would be the one to get all of the sales. That's somewhat understandable, but to be barred from ALL online advertising is a bit extreme. What's happening is the few rule-breakers still find a way to get the unfair advantage--there's no stopping that (through ebay or untraceable blog advertising or...) It seems strange to call PC Consultants small business owners when we're so limited in advertising our own businesses. Online is the present and future of advertising. And I don't know how we can completely avoid it even when we buy space at a local paper.

There is, by the way, a way to put a link to another site on a web page (if you're the webmaster) and make the page unsearchable by search engine spiders (I only know this because I design websites). I wish PC would change the rules so that as long as your page included the code that made it unsearchable, then you could provide a link to it. KWIM? I have multiple, multiple family and friends that play on my family's website and I simply wish I could blog on there about my PC experiences and what I do and provide a link for any family/friends who want to go to the site.

The reason that we are not allowed to advertise our websites it to protect ourselves and to give each other the same considerations. The story I heard (so take this with a grain of salt) is that a year or two ago when upper, upper level directors were allowed to advertize their websites, an upper level director had her "techie" son help her do it. He worked it so that if someone went on a search engine and put in Pampered Chef, instead of www.pamperedchef.com coming up, it directed everyone to her personal website, bypassing the corporate website. People placed orders from all over the country and she got the credit (and sales commission and incentive points). The good news was that it turned into a nightmare for her with LOTS of customers calling at all times of the day with broken products, returns, etc. (You take the good wit the bad!). That was why, from what I understand, PC implemented the policy that they did.

PC doesn't impose that many RULES on us and it shouldn't be too hard to follow the ones that we have.

Before online ordering was available on our websites, Home Office polled directors to see if we wanted this feature available. I voted no, which obviously was the unpopular vote. Don't get me wrong, I LOVE the online ordering and average at least $200 a month in online sales BUT I promote my website on calls and at shows and in my newsletters... it's the PERSONAL CONNECTION that works for me. Why I voted no for it was because I knew I would have consultants on my TEAM who would not work and just expect people to visit their websites and order. They didn't work to get people to visit their website and order and were disappointed that they weren't getting any sales! We are in a people business and those who are successful get that way because of the relationships they build. Hope that puts a little different perspective on it.

But then again, being upset about the guidelines about online advertising is really irrelevant... it is what it is and won't change.

I think PC can impose and micromanage all they want, if people want to go around the rules and break them they will. People will find a way around the rules.

Granted, maybe I misunderstood one of the above posts, but it seems more than unfair to name-call or reduce those who are dissatisfied with ANY company policy as simply being "complainers" especially when each side is primarily opinion driven. Each person's ideas and concerns ARE relevant here. :love: Several have made astonishingly strong arguments against the PC online policies that have forced me to rethink my personal stance on several policies. I love this company or I wouldn't be in it, but I am also not naive enough to think everything is perfect. A healthy evaluation of policies is good for everyone and I hope it is okay to openly discuss pros and cons without becoming enemies. I believe it is important to examine and re-examine our policies to see that we are each working to our full potential.

It's curious to me that anyone here or at HO would assume we don't have a personal relationship with someone we share our business with online or that by mentioning that we work for PC on a blog, family website, other business website, or community avatar that it automatically means we don't have a PERSONAL CONNECTION with those that we share the information with. I, for one, have made numerous personal connections through online groups (chatrooms, via various RSS feeds, blogs, private and public groups, etc) and have even met these people in person after meeting online. PCers disgruntled with the online policy don't appear to be talking about submitting URLs to search engines, mass spamming people they've never met before or writing illegal code to make their website appear as the main PC website. As business owners, it appears they would simply like to be able to declare among their personal friends in online communities that they are an independent consultant for PC (like in an avatar, signature line, or a spot on their blog). That makes perfect sense to me.

If we over generalize on this topic, then we unfortunately can NOT see the real issue at stake or meet the needs of every customer, consultant, director, or beyond. As it stands right now, if one of my friends in an online group asks what each of us do for a living then I'm forced to tell them I'm not allowed to post back, but that I can privately email each of them individually if they're interested. Seems a tad bit extreme. If I understand the policy it states that only an executive director has the authority to mention their connection with "The Pampered Chef" on a website other than a PWS, but there are even strict guidelines on font used and such.

Before I became a consultant I remember frantically searching for other website about PC and any mention of other consultants who worked for the company. I wanted to know everything I could about working for PC before committing. I loved reading the blogs of a consultant to see what they thought about their line of work, I enjoyed hearing about the monthly specials while also hearing one consultant's tales of motherhood, and I enjoyed dipping into the world of each consultant without having to subscribe to a general monthly newsletter that comes to my mailbox pretending to be personal when it obviously goes out to hundreds of other numbered customers. These blogs and sites were personal and raw. They were full of character and helped me know each consultant (even though it was breaking the online policy). I was astounded at how many sites were out there. I'll list just a handful below to give a sampling. Some are very creative and humorous giving directions on how to get to their PWS without typing out the actual link so that it's unsearchable. It appears that there are at least 2,000 of these sites. This policy is not enforceable by HO. It would be a full-time job for a team to do day in and day out.

I haven't personally reported any of these. Considering how many of them are on my original list, I don't know that it's worth it. There WILL always be mistakes and misunderstandings, loopholes and exceptions. We should probably give the benefit of doubt before assuming everyone of these were purposefully taking advantage of the Internet and knowingly breaking PC online policies. But they're still very entertaining to read and they all worked the last time I checked. Have fun!

http://www.pamperedamanda.com/
http://www.spoiledcooker.com/
Life As Lou :: February :: 2006
Ranae Bradd, Pampered Chef Consultant - Main Page
http://chefjane4.blogspot.com/
http://www.snowshoecreations.com/about1.html
http://www.georgiebritton.com/page6.htm (very creative)
http://www.satisfactionservices.biz/pampered_chef.htm
http://werecookin.blogspot.com/search/label/Pampered%20Chef
http://www.ivykeep.us/
Tara King's Wild Ride!!!
http://wholebeantheology.blogspot.com/2006/11/pampered-chef-website.html
http://kingwoodkorner.com/viewtopic.php?p=12681&sid=1124ff4db768c59288a6444d5b979184
Pampered Chef - Pamper Chef Products, Stoneware, Cookbooks and Recipes (a form to fill out at the bottom)

I realize my opinion may not be as valuable as those of consultants/directors who have been here longest. In a nutshell, I would simply like to tell people "I am an independent consultant for The Pampered Chef" in an online capacity among my personal friends. I would understand if I'm not allowed to provide a direct link to my website. But my friends and family would be able to ask me for the URL after knowing what I do for a living after reading my blog and getting to know a little about my real life.

If it makes me a complainer to have a different opinion, I suppose I'm fine with that if it provides progress on down the road. It just seems naive for us to assume that a PC policy will "never" be changed for any reason. It seems this year that HO is taking our suggestions and concerns seriously. Things are changing constantly. Imagine if someone was upset that PC didn't offer stainless steel cookware just a year or two ago and posted about it on here. Maybe they did. :D

If company employees on all levels are becoming better prepared to handle the concerns of the online world, I'm confident that they will find a far better solution to this problem of policy-breakers or greedy advertisers. Fortunately, home office is listening and they care about what each and every one of us think. Historically there have been numerous "unchangeable policies" overturned that started with a simple complainer. I feel this policy is worth examining, personally, but I obviously won't be devastated if others don't share my position initially. :)

URGH!! It really chaps my hide that people are still breaking the rules. However, I just have to keep my head down and do the best for my business and customers as I can. I am not computer savvy. At one point (like 5 years ago) I might have been, but the technology has flown passed me. I don't understand the whole blogging thing and therefore will probably never have a blog, my space, or facebook account.

Oh well...it is very irritating. Other than reporting them though there is nothing you can do. They are very creative at breaking the rules.

Last edited:
Chef Kearns said:
URGH!! It really chaps my hide that people are still breaking the rules. However, I just have to keep my head down and do the best for my business and customers as I can. I am not computer savvy. At one point (like 5 years ago) I might have been, but the technology has flown passed me. I don't understand the whole blogging thing and there for will probably never have a blog, my space, or facebook accounts.

Oh well...it is very irritating. Other than reporting them though there is nothing you can do. They are very creative at breaking the rules.
I've only reported 2 people....and they were both very blatently breaking the rules. Mostly I figure that they will get their due and I don't have to get involved. It is very irritating though!

It is funny to see that one of the websites the lady thinks that by not posting a hyperlink and actually just posting her website and haveing the person cut and past her website into the browser that this gets her around the rules.

etteluap70PC said:
I keep this handy just for these purposes.....

Consultant Agreement
Terms and Conditions

A. As a Pampered Chef® Consultant, I understand and agree:

1. I will promote and sell Company products to customers by regularly holding Cooking Shows. I will not sell Company products on the Internet or in any public, retail or service establishments.

Ok, not to be a smart a** (well, maybe just a little;) ), but it seems their own policies are contradictory. We agree that we "won't sell Company products on the internet", but that is exactly what direct orders made on our PWS are doing.

etteluap70PC said:
PC Policies and procedures pg 21:
Consultants of any level are prohibited from linking to their Pampered Chef® Persona Web Sites. “…… “Additionally, any other form of advertising on the Web is prohibited.”

This specifically mentions "linking" which, to my understanding, is when you click something (either a button or text) and are automatically taken to that website. Advertising, to me, means ads that are paid for, such as banners, pop-ups, etc.

Telling someone during a discussion on a forum that you are a consultant and how to visit your website is no different than discussing it with the person in front of you in line at the grocery store. And others being able to read those posts - no different than people overhearing that same conversation at the grocery store.

etteluap70PC said:
As for why we can not have PWS info on forums. It is considered advertising. When it is on an email you are informing people you usually allready know and have a connection with.

This is what I find so ironic. The seemingly primary reason against having PWS info on forums is the connection is with people you don't know. With that definition, then isn't a consultant who leaves catalogs in a doctor's waiting room, or a flyer in a laundry room doing the same?

It seems that HO in their attempts to keep it simple actually over-simplified and created generalizations that limit everyone, or confuse people about specifics. Rules are like locks - they only keep honest people honest. As we see from those links posted in a previous post, consultants have broken rules, and also, since many of their final posts from late 2006, probably aren't consultants anymore for whatever reasons.

BTW, my comments are for discussion purposes, not to flame the company or its policies, and certainly not any members here!

I'm not going to comment on anything other than to say that HO is cracking down and is notifying consultants of violations.

A director in my cluster was recently notified that her contract was about to be terminated because her husband was selling her old PC items for her on ebay. She thought that if HE was selling, it was fine. From what I understand, it wasn't a nasty email and HO worked with her to understand (maybe not agree with, but to at least understand) the rules that are in place. She was given a reasonable time frame to have the items removed and since she complied, she has been told no other actions will be taken against her and she is back in good standing as a director.

Just this week I got an email about a consultant in my downline. She signed up at the beginning of the year and has had one family emergency after another. She truly wants to do this - and I believe her - but it is not the right time. She offered her consultant paperwork items on craigslist for FREE to another consultant in her area, and she was reported...now, that made me upset! I can understand if she was profiting from it, but FREE?!?!?! #*$&!#*@$&

Good morning. I've already received a handful of PM's because my personal chef website was listed yesterday as one of the VIOLATIONS. I'm the consultant who also has a personal chef service called Snowshoe Creations.

I am posting here so that I won't spend the day responding to the PMs I'm receiving that I will be "reported" to HO for violating the web policy. If you clink on the links you will see that there are others that are CLEARLY violating what PC has asked us to do. I am not in violation. On my website, I state, "I am a sales director with The Pampered Chef." That is it. No LINK, no listing of my pampered chef website address. I do not offer shows, products or any Pampered Chef services on my personal chef website. The violation is in LISTING THE LINK not telling others what you do. I'm attaching the Policies below for review. Page F-21.

If anyone feels the need to report me, go ahead. I have had my personal chef website for 3 years and have not heard one word from HO regarding it. And I did check with HO and my NED before I listed it to see if it was okay and they approved it on the note that I would NOT provide a LINK or list my personal website address, neither of which I have done.

I will check with HO again tomorrow to be sure if something has changed.

Attachments

• Policies SS07.pdf
    235.3 KB · Views: 206
Last edited:
This is all really interesting because it looks like this thread is now more about interpretation of policy than about simply following policy. I’m so happy this has come up because maybe we will better understand what we can or can’t do. It looks like our disagreements on policy are boiling down to semantics.

finley1991 said:
The violation is in LISTING THE LINK not telling others what you do.
If that's the case, I would be THRILLED. My main upset back when we were originally discussing this was that I couldn't tell anyone on my own family site or blog that I worked for TPC. I didn't just dream this idea up, though. That's what I understood policy to say at the time. I'll list the policies that I had copied into a word document when I was trying to decide whether I could use the company name on my family website. When I read them again this morning I still interpret it the same way. Please tell me if you all see it differently or see a legitimate loophole. I will definitely be calling HO this week to ask if I can mention/promote my business through my own family website and blog. If others are being given formal permission through HO to do this, I would like the same opportunity to use the company name to say what I do.

Other than through your Pampered Chef ® Personal Web Site, you may not promote or advertise your business on any other Web site, Internet directory, search engine, etc. Page F-22

Please do not mention, advertise or promote your Pampered Chef ® business on any chat rooms, other than those created for communicating with other Consultants. Page F-22

Other than signing up for a Pampered Chef® Personal Website or approved vendor sites like Visual Impact Products, do not list the company name when filling out personal profiles on the Internet. Page F-22

They seem particularly concerned about us even using the company name anywhere on the internet (not just our biz addresses).

finley1991 said:
I am not in violation. On my website, I state, "I am a sales director with The Pampered Chef." That is it.
If HO already approved you promoting your business on another business website, then you have no worries. :D The only other concern might be the mention of you representing The Pampered Chef. HO not care about that, but I just thought I'd mention it while we're on the subject of online advertising. It's probably splitting hairs. ;)

It's important that Consultants represent themselves as independent sales people and in no way imply they represent The Pampered Chef ® corporate office. Page F-21

tx_deputyswife said:
This specifically mentions "linking" which, to my understanding, is when you click something (either a button or text) and are automatically taken to that website. Advertising, to me, means ads that are paid for, such as banners, pop-ups, etc.

Telling someone during a discussion on a forum that you are a consultant and how to visit your website is no different than discussing it with the person in front of you in line at the grocery store. And others being able to read those posts - no different than people overhearing that same conversation at the grocery store.
Hmm, I never saw it that way from when I originally read the policies. I mean, I can see what you're saying on a personal level, but I never thought policy reads that way. :( This is why I thought we couldn't even list our .biz PWS whether it was linked, or not.

You can list your personal www.pamperedchef.biz Web site address in your personal e-mail correspondence, on business cards, checks, stationery and other similar materials. You can also list your personal www.pamperedchef.biz site in print advertising and publicity as long as you act in accordance with all other guidelines. F-21

Specifying PRINT and not making allowances for mentioning it online really jumped out at me.

And if all of the above listed policies didn’t mention specifics, this is one of those legal catch-all phrase to cover anything they didn't mention:

Additionally, any other form of advertising on the Web is prohibited. Page F-21 (THEY underlined this sentence, not me)

I hope we can continue this discussion. It's incredible how we can all see this differently. :eek: But at least I'm learning a lot through this experience! :D It may be good for HO to know we're all confused over interpretation. Maybe it is time to look at rewording some of the policy or better defining things like "link" and "personal profile" and "promote."

Last edited:
LibrarianChef said:
........ may be good for HO to know we're all confused over interpretation. Maybe it is time to look at rewording some of the policy or better defining things like "link" and "personal profile" and "promote."
I agree. It is very confusing. I would like a clear explanation on the do's and don'ts. I thought I understood it when I read the handbook, but then read a little further and it seems to contradict what was just said.

pamperedlinda said:
I agree. It is very confusing. I would like a clear explanation on the do's and don'ts. I thought I understood it when I read the handbook, but then read a little further and it seems to contradict what was just said.

I'm with you Linda. Totally confused now!!
Schel

The rules are open for interpretation. Thats what is so confusing!

When in doubt, simply call HO and have someone tell you whether what tou are doing is right or wrong.

dannyzmom said:
When in doubt, simply call HO and have someone tell you whether what tou are doing is right or wrong.
Well, I'm not doing anything so I know I'm okay! :D

It's quite amusing to see the links...but as for the rules, they are made to keep us all on a level playing field and KUDOS to our company for having those rules!

I have a new consultant who had some questions about advertising. I directed her to Consultant's Corner's Advertising Policies and to call HO if she had any other questions. They are there to answer the questions that we have. It's pretty simple, guys...it's all in black and white!

By the way, LOVE your new picture, Linda!

What if we just state that we are an independent consultant for a well known company that distributes hiqh quality kitchen tools or another "30 second commercial" that doesn't actually mention the PC name on another forum? I am curious, does anyone know if that is okay?

dannyzmom said:

Just wanted to kindly point out to NOT rely on what the home office tells you on the phone. If you have a question about a serious matter, get it in writing. Otherwise, when the home office tells you something that happens to be incorrect, you could get severely punished for it. Just a heads up! :balloon:

I find it ironic that upper levels (execs?) can advertise their businesses online and even be in google search engines. That's goofy if ya ask me. Which ya didn't...so... :D

Pampered Laura said:
Just wanted to kindly point out to NOT rely on what the home office tells you on the phone. If you have a question about a serious matter, get it in writing. Otherwise, when the home office tells you something that happens to be incorrect, you could get severely punished for it. Just a heads up! :balloon:

You should always get everything is writting. It's just a good rule of thumb for life.

Pampered Laura said:

I find it ironic that upper levels (execs?) can advertise their businesses online and even be in google search engines. That's goofy if ya ask me. Which ya didn't...so... :D

And when has that stopped you from giving your opinion before now???:D :D :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Pampered Laura said:

Well, I FINALLY got a written response back from HO/Career Solutions. I asked if I could just say TPC on my own family website. No link, no typed out link, nothing else. I got a resounding NO on any mention of The Pampered Chef. :( It doesn't matter if we pay for the advertisement or not or if you provide a link or not. It doesn't matter if it's a personal website, business website, blog spot, MySpace, etc. We can have it in print format only. I also asked about a local preschool group newsletter and said they have their newsletters available on their own website as well as in print, I'll cut/paste part of their response below.

Thank you for contacting The Pampered Chef. You may advertise your business in print form only. The monthly newsletter for a local Preschool would be acceptable.

Other than through your Pampered Chef Personal Web site, you may not promote your business on any other Web site, Internet directory, search engine, etc.

In addition, other than signing up for a Pampered Chef Web Site or approved vendor sites like Merrill Corporation, do not list the company name when filling out personal profiles on the Internet. This would include personal/family web sites, MySpace, ect... [You] should not be referencing The Pampered Chef in any way.

More information can be located in Policy & Procedures on Consultant's Corner. To ensure your advertisement follows the appropriate guidelines, you can always email your ad for approval...

So, in a nutshell, we can't even mention the company name online anywhere, anytime, for any reason whatsoever.

thanks for sharing that info!!

LibrarianChef said:
So, in a nutshell, we can't even mention the company name online anywhere, anytime, for any reason whatsoever.
I've always wondered... how are we (well technically not "me" anymore :rolleyes: ) able to post about PC business stuff on this website then? Almost everyone has in their signature that they're a _____ for Pampered Chef. I was always confused about that rule... :confused:

This should answer Laura's question...

PC Policy & Procedures, page F-22...
"You may set up a chat room or e-mail newsgroup ONLY to communicate solely with other Pampered Chef® Consultants about the business. Please do not mention, advertise or promote your Pampered Chef® business on any chat rooms, other than those created for communicating with other Consultants."

Pampered Laura said:
I've always wondered... how are we (well technically not "me" anymore :rolleyes: ) able to post about PC business stuff on this website then? Almost everyone has in their signature that they're a _____ for Pampered Chef. I was always confused about that rule... :confused:

Yeah, I don't know how it makes must difference because that's how I found Chef Success. I was doing a search for "Pampered Chef" and I could read almost everything on here without even being a member.

There is the following disclaimer in the policies:

Please do not mention, advertise or promote your Pampered Chef ® business on any chat rooms, other than those created for communicating with other Consultants. F-22

Since this board was created for consultants, I suppose that is the difference. :confused: But anyone who has a yahoo (or other) group set-up for their past TPC hosts and guests IS breaking policy (even if it is by invitation only).

katie0128 said:
ONLY to communicate solely with other Pampered Chef® Consultants about the business
I still think it's against policy to discuss it on this board, because this board is not SOLELY for PC consultants. If it were, it'd be completely private and consultant numbers would be verified before admission. As it is, anyone can register and post here - consultant or not.

Actually, the subtitle of the board says "Chef Success.com a Community for Pampered Chef Consultants." The stated purpose of the board is to provide a place for Pampered Chef Consultants.
We could argue semantics - but what would be the point?

The stated purpose of this board is that it provides a place for Pampered Chef consultants to come together to share ideas and support each other. I see no reason we can't talk about our busines in a place set up specifically for us. And what would be the purpose of this forum even existing if not for us to discuss Pampered Chef?

Yes, it is true that others can join but most are "lurkers" trying to learn more about PC or just to see what we're about. Most leave soon because they haven't anything to contribute (We are probably boring to those who aren't in the business.) or they contact their recruiter and join the company. I would bet that easily 99% of those on this board are consultants.

The fact that this is specifically a board for Pampered Chef consultants is why we all get upset about consultants from other companies coming on and trying to hawk their wares. We don't mind learning about their sales methods and consultant and host benefits because we want to compare and be knowledgeable when talking to customers but we don't appreciate people using this site to sell us other things. Several times people have come on this board and tried to recruit or sell to us and every time that has happened they have been asked to leave so that it can remain a PC environment.

In fact the guidelines state that a poster cannot be self-promoting. Consultants can't be promoting other products that they happen to be selling or actively recruit on this site. We are here to share and learn about our Pampered Chef businesses.

Last edited:
Yeah it must be semantics. I think "solely" for PC consultants is indeed what it was created FOR, but since it's not private, it's really not just a board for PC consultants.
Its technically a "public" board (especially now being sourced in the newspapers), so I'd think technically HO could demand to shut it down if they wanted to.
Now, if there were a rule on CS that said you can not adverstise yourself as a PC consultant or have the PC name said anywhere on the board, I think it'd be within the guidelines. As it is now, I think it's a little "iffy"...but hey! Who knows what Home office really means anymore. LOL :D

As the saying goes, I say tomay-to, you say tom-ah-to. ;) :D

Pampered Laura said:
Yeah it must be semantics. I think "solely" for PC consultants is indeed what it was created FOR, but since it's not private, it's really not just a board for PC consultants.
Its technically a "public" board (especially now being sourced in the newspapers), so I'd think technically HO could demand to shut it down if they wanted to.
Now, if there were a rule on Chef Success that said you can not adverstise yourself as a PC consultant or have the PC name said anywhere on the board, I think it'd be within the guidelines. As it is now, I think it's a little "iffy"...but hey! Who knows what Home office really means anymore. LOL :D

As the saying goes, I say tomay-to, you say tom-ah-to. ;) :D
Laura, why are you trying to cause trouble so much lately? When you were asked to leave Pampered Chef you asked if you'd have to leave here too and several people said that you would be welcome to stay as long as you want.

But it appears to me that you are trying to find every way you can to put PC down and now you are attacking Chef Success itself. I have also noticed that you take every opportunity you can to promote your new business or at least to egg others on to ask about it. Talk about self-promotion. Shame on you.

Why can't you play nice? You have had such great ideas and I bet you could help us all with recruiting insight - look what you have done in the last year with The Pampered Chef! Why don't you concentrate on that kind of thing and stop playing these games?

Beth-give it up! Laura isn't doing anything wrong...you seem to have the problem! Every post I've been reading you have something snarky to say. If you have nothing nice to say then don't say it at all. Let's leave the discussions about PC.

Or better yet if you have a problem with Laura please PM her so we all don't have to "hear" it.

SilverCeladon said:
Beth-give it up! Laura isn't doing anything wrong...you seem to have the problem! Every post I've been reading you have something snarky to say. If you have nothing nice to say then don't say it at all. Let's leave the discussions about PC.
I am sorry you see it that way but have you read her comments?
EDIT: And did you read the POSITIVE things I said about Laura that she could choose to contribute??

I am done with this subject though. If you all want to be blind to her actions then so be it.

Did you know that you can put me on "ignore"? - they you won't have to read my "snarky" remarks.

Sad, so sad.

Last edited:
Beth is defending this Board and PC against alot of negative influences. If you were reading this as a newcomer - which would be the posts that would make you think that PC is a great company to be a part of, and which would make you think that maybe PC wasn't so great after all?

You can either be a positive influence or a negative influence ~ and I am sick of hearing all of the subtle and not so subtle put downs about PC.

SilverCeladon said:
Or better yet if you have a problem with Laura please PM her so we all don't have to "hear" it.

And yet, Laura is allowed, as a FORMER consultant, to say whatever she please about (and against) PC?

ChefBeckyD said:
Beth is defending this Board and PC against alot of negative influences. If you were reading this as a newcomer - which would be the posts that would make you think that PC is a great company to be a part of, and which would make you think that maybe PC wasn't so great after all?

You can either be a positive influence or a negative influence ~ and I am sick of hearing all of the subtle and not so subtle put downs about PC.

as a consultant who is signing tomorrow, I PMed Beth to thank her for cutting the tension already. Im sorry, but Laura had me feeling very akward that I was on this site and I havent signed yet. I'll tell you something, if I wasnt on this site, Id still be on the fence about joining. Yet all of you have been more than tolerable with my silly obviously easy questions b/c Im clueless right now. I felt Beth 'had my back" even though she was speaking for all of us. We also have to remember that our tone might be different than someone is actually 'hearing' from us. Thanks Beth for putting me at ease....

Goodness Beth. Since when am I putting PC down? I'm here sharing training I am receiving from another company, getting (and answering) PM's about "how I did this, and what I'd do about that"... and you're on here saying I'm bashing the company? Ummm? Oookay.

Everyone who KNOWS me, knows that I love Pampered Chef. Beth, you do not have a clue as to why I was terminated. You don't have any slightest idea of what really happened, and the words that I've heard come from the home office's representatives. Trust me, I'm NOT putting PC down in any way shape or form.
And, I most certainly do not bash or put other consultants down. Seriously Beth, that last post there should have been in private.

For the record, I think that Direct Sales in general is a fun business to be in, and I truly think that the people who are consultants across the board are some of the most upright generous awesome people I'll ever have the honor to know. This board is run awesomely. What my interpretation is of the rules stated in the policies is just that - my interpretation of the rules and how it relates to this board being public. That wasn't anything against this board, or Pampered Chef ... simply just conversing with others about how the rules could be read.

I have been here for a while and have made some great friends and connections here. I feel welcome here, and feel like I have a lot left to give. I'm happy when I can help someone through a private message with their business and help them with recruiting especially. So anyway, I'm sorry if a few times recently, if I felt safe enough here to express my excitement about something *I* was going through. Quite a few people on the board email, PM or call me to ask me how it's going.. and they're secure enough in their businesses that they can listen to me gush and don't feel threatened by it. That is awesome and speaks volumes about their character.

I have absolutely watched my words on here, to make sure I wasnt speaking out of line. And seriously? I don't feel like you should be publicly "shame-shaming" me, regardless. eegads.

BethCooks4U said:
Did you know that you can put me on "ignore"? - they you won't have to read my "snarky" remarks.

Beth, I truly think you're misunderstanding alot of what I say/mean in my posts. I feel like perhaps you're looking at everything with these "anti-Laura goggles" on so everything I say rubs you the wrong way. It may be a good idea for you to put me on ignore so you can be less stressed about what I'm saying and stop following my posts with these "shame on you" replies.

I do feel like the people here are smart enough to know that I'm not out to get anyone and I'm not going to hurt anyone's business any more than regular joe shmoe-consultant is by venting her frustrations.

If anything, I'm trying to help the best that I can. You rarely see me vent about anything on here. More often than not, I'm giving tips and advice. General knowledge about Direct sales/recruting is general knowledge. It's not specific to PC, but since I have experience in PC, i feel like I am capable of contributing to the board.

On another note, I'm happy to leave if Deb or Greg would like me to.

If someone doesnt know me well enough to see that I'm not some evil-doer, then they're welcome to ask me what's up. But I don't really think anyone needs you to think for them, know what I mean?

<h2>1. Am I wrong for reporting a new consultant advertising on craigslist?</h2><p>No, you are not wrong. As a Pampered Chef consultant, it is your responsibility to follow the company's policies and procedures. Advertising on craigslist is against the company's internet policy as it can potentially harm your business and the reputation of Pampered Chef.</p><h2>2. Can a consultant advertise on craigslist as long as they are not offering products, only services?</h2><p>No, consultants are not allowed to advertise on any third-party websites, including craigslist, regardless of whether they are offering products or services. This is clearly stated in the company's internet policy, which all consultants are required to follow.</p><h2>3. The consultant's director and upline said it was fine, is that true?</h2><p>No, the director and upline may not be aware of the company's internet policy or may have misunderstood it. It is always best to refer to the official company policies and procedures rather than relying on personal opinions or interpretations.</p><h2>4. Can I advertise on craigslist if another consultant is doing it?</h2><p>No, you should not advertise on craigslist or any other third-party websites, even if other consultants are doing it. It is important to follow the company's policies and procedures to maintain a fair and ethical business environment for all consultants.</p><h2>5. If a consultant is not following the internet policy, who should I report it to?</h2><p>You can report any violations of the internet policy to your upline or mentor, or directly to the Pampered Chef compliance department. You can find the contact information for the compliance department on the company's website or through your consultant back office.</p>

Related to Where Do We Report Violations of the Internet Policy?

1. Am I wrong for reporting a new consultant advertising on craigslist?

No, you are not wrong. As a Pampered Chef consultant, it is your responsibility to follow the company's policies and procedures. Advertising on craigslist is against the company's internet policy as it can potentially harm your business and the reputation of Pampered Chef.

2. Can a consultant advertise on craigslist as long as they are not offering products, only services?

No, consultants are not allowed to advertise on any third-party websites, including craigslist, regardless of whether they are offering products or services. This is clearly stated in the company's internet policy, which all consultants are required to follow.

3. The consultant's director and upline said it was fine, is that true?

No, the director and upline may not be aware of the company's internet policy or may have misunderstood it. It is always best to refer to the official company policies and procedures rather than relying on personal opinions or interpretations.

4. Can I advertise on craigslist if another consultant is doing it?

No, you should not advertise on craigslist or any other third-party websites, even if other consultants are doing it. It is important to follow the company's policies and procedures to maintain a fair and ethical business environment for all consultants.

5. If a consultant is not following the internet policy, who should I report it to?

You can report any violations of the internet policy to your upline or mentor, or directly to the Pampered Chef compliance department. You can find the contact information for the compliance department on the company's website or through your consultant back office.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
pchefjaime
  • The_Kitchen_Guy
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
The_Kitchen_Guy
  • lizdpamperedchef
  • General Chat
Replies