• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Where Do We Report Violations of the Internet Policy?

C
chelynn
I found a new consultant advertising on craigslist. I e-mailed to let her know that was against the policies and procedures, and even quoted them directly. She said she checked with her director and upline and they all said it was fine as long as she wasn't offering products--only services. Then she said I should do it as well!

Am I wrong? Can you do that? If not, who do I report it to?

And if you still have the note from that consultant, send that when you report it. HO needs to know that Directors are recommending things that are against policy.

E-mail sent, with a copy of the original e-mail exchange. Thanks! :)

What upsets me is so many Directors are being asked by their consultants and they are telling them it is o.k.

I think HO needs to send a blanket email to all consultants reminding them that we cannot do this. That way no one can say they did not know or blame it on something/one else.

Is it just me or are we seeing alot of advertising that is against policy here lately?

I think it needs to be more clearly defined. I know to most people it seems pretty clear that you cannot post your website but I think after that it gets a little hazy for some people.

A warning went out in the Weekly Bites a few weeks ago. There is no excuse.

I think we are seeing more because we are talking about it more on CS. I don't see why it is not clear to people... I think the rules are very clear. But, I also am an OCD reader... ya know, the people that read all of the fine print before they sign anything, so I really didn't need my director to explain it to me. (Besides, she is doing her own violating right now... doing another DS company and is a PC director... but that is another venting post and I digress...)
But when you have directors and up telling people that it is o.k., no wonder some newer consultants are getting confused. I think the director that chelynn is talking about need to be dealt with more severely (sp?) than the consultant... after all, she did check with them and they said it is o.k.

That's exactly why I mentioned above to send the email from the offending consultant to HO. Then they'll see that her Director is unclear on the policies (I'm going to give her the benefit of the doubt, rather than assuming that she's violating them on purpose).

Amber and I got a page removed from MySpace.!!! Persistence is the key!

Kristin, has there been any more lash-back from that b*tch? (sorry for the language - she wasn't a nice person)

Kathytnt said:
I think it needs to be more clearly defined. I know to most people it seems pretty clear that you cannot post your website but I think after that it gets a little hazy for some people.

I was on an open public chatboard some time back where pampered chef was being advertised (long before I became a consultant). Another consultant came onto the chatboard and said it was against policy to advertise online. Much to their surprise, they were met by a hostess, not a consultant. The HOSTESS of a party decided to advertise the consultant's website and contact information.

It's been a while since I read the website policy in detail, but if a host did this on their own, without the consultant's knowledge, does that mean the consultant violated the policy? In other words, do we each need to provide our hosts with the online policy when we email them our websites, etc.? Some of them may include the web address in their blog sites, etc. So I thought I might need to think ahead on this one.

What services was this consultant offering? Because it's against Craigslist policy to advertise any multilevel marketing programs (which we unfortunately fall under). You can also flag her on craigslist.

LibrarianChef said:
I was on an open public chatboard some time back where pampered chef was being advertised (long before I became a consultant). Another consultant came onto the chatboard and said it was against policy to advertise online. Much to their surprise, they were met by a hostess, not a consultant. The HOSTESS of a party decided to advertise the consultant's website and contact information.

It's been a while since I read the website policy in detail, but if a host did this on their own, without the consultant's knowledge, does that mean the consultant violated the policy? In other words, do we each need to provide our hosts with the online policy when we email them our websites, etc.? Some of them may include the web address in their blog sites, etc. So I thought I might need to think ahead on this one.

If the consultant didn't have any knowledge, I think HO would let you go with a warning. But I make sure to tell my hosts that they can give people my PWS address, but they can not post it anywhere.

However, if you are doing a fundraiser, you can ask HO for permission to list your PWS on the organization's website for a defined period of time. I'm doing a fundraiser for my son's CubScout pack and was just granted permission (from Richard) to post a link to my PWS on our pack's website... but only until the fundraiser is over. Then it has to be removed.

After reading all the recent postings about violations, I make a point of addressing the internet advertising policies when new consultants sign.

I'm several letters back from Generation Y and never really got on the computer technology wave....but I'm encountering new consultants who are incredibly computer/myspace/webpage saavy. They are eager to leverage the internet to advertise....so I try to be right up front and say no web links, no 'I'm a PC consultant' on webpages, and no no no ebay.

wow, I just saw one yesterday on Craigslist. I was looking for a gutter company in Denver and clicked under household services. I opened her ad, but thought it was ok since she didn't list her website (It was very late at night!). I think she was advertising the benefits of hosting.

When Craigslist first came out, I listed under PChef under bartering. I didn't list my website and thought it was ok since I wasn't selling. Good thing I wasn't reported! Times change so quickly, it's hard to keep up.

legacypc46 said:
After reading all the recent postings about violations, I make a point of addressing the internet advertising policies when new consultants sign.

I'm several letters back from Generation Y and never really got on the computer technology wave....but I'm encountering new consultants who are incredibly computer/myspace/webpage saavy. They are eager to leverage the internet to advertise....so I try to be right up front and say no web links, no 'I'm a PC consultant' on webpages, and no no no ebay.

This gave me my first morning chuckle!:D

Kathytnt said:
What upsets me is so many Directors are being asked by their consultants and they are telling them it is o.k.

I wonder how many directors really are saying this or if the consultant is just saying that. The consultant might think you'll back down or leave her alone if she tells you she "got permission".

The directors I know....KNOW it's wrong! (Except that myspace director from TN!!!!:mad: Of course, I think she knows it's wrong but is trying to get away with it for as long as possible!)

rarrrrooeewwww Ffftt fttt

lol

;)

Last edited:
Hey - If my Director is every unsure about something, and she has been doign this for 11 years, she will have me call HO to make sure rather than tell me the wrong thing.

HO must really be cracking down on the eBay problem. One of my past hosts has been selling PC products on eBay. I was contacted by HO about it and told not to sell to her if she's going to sell on eBay. Has this happened to anyone else? I don't know how we keep our customers from selling their products on eBay. Now I'm completely paranoid about who I sell to - don't want another of those letters...not that I can control what others do!

Loriann said:
HO must really be cracking down on the eBay problem. One of my past hosts has been selling PC products on eBay. I was contacted by HO about it and told not to sell to her if she's going to sell on eBay. Has this happened to anyone else? I don't know how we keep our customers from selling their products on eBay. Now I'm completely paranoid about who I sell to - don't want another of those letters...not that I can control what others do!
I don't really see how her selling on ebay is your problem. You can sell to whomever you want to and you can't control what they do with the products once they pay for them. Now....if you had a prior agreement with this person, then that's a whole nother storey! :p

OK I'll be the one to open myself up for the bashing....

My personal feeling on this whole advertising the website is different from many people's. I feel that since I am paying for the website, I should be able to advertise MY business. It is, after all, My business My way....right?

If the websites were a freebie for every consultant, than yes I can see not advertising it...but it is a business expense. I pay for business cards and can give those out, what is the difference between that and the website?

Loriann said:
I think it was a bit over board for HO to ask you to not sell to someone selling things on ebay. I also agree it isn't your problem, and we can't keep track of what our customers do with their PC products. If people think they are getting a deal from buying items on ebay, they should really check out the prices in our catalogs. I don't think it's hurting our business.

I have a question for ya'll.... is it considered advertising if someone puts a barter ad on craigslist? ( NO i am not doing this, I saw an ad on craigslist for another DSA company)

jasonmva said:
OK I'll be the one to open myself up for the bashing....

My personal feeling on this whole advertising the website is different from many people's. I feel that since I am paying for the website, I should be able to advertise MY business. It is, after all, My business My way....right?

If the websites were a freebie for every consultant, than yes I can see not advertising it...but it is a business expense. I pay for business cards and can give those out, what is the difference between that and the website?

No I am not going to bash on you Jason, but I do agree with you.... if we have to pay for a website why are we not able to advertise that?? They want our business to grow... why are we so limited to how we can advertise....... I too am opening myself up to bashing for this one too.

Maybe I am being too OCD and reading into this but when you say no posting our website do you mean with other companies or online on a myspace page, etc. Are we allowed to put it on our catalogs, order forms, business cards, and flyers that we may put up or send out? I just made some avery labels with my name, phone number, email, and webaddress for my catalogs and order forms and host packets. Is that not allowed? I was also going to get business cards and possible flyers with tear off business cards with that same info.

I am probably reading into this too much but rather be safe than sorry.

We can't advertise it on myspace, eBay, CS, other website,you can however put it on your business cards, catalogs, host packets etc...

Thanks. I'll check if I am ever in doubt.

Although...I think I remember reading a post on here where someone said they were listing on craigslist (I honestly have never even heard of it) and they suggested that everyone do it in their local area. I remember thing...what the heck is craigslist????

Jae,
I agree it was a bit overboard for HO to email me. The email stated that if I continue to sell to this person, and she continues to sell on eBay then my status could be negatively impacted. Of course, after I received this email, this person placed an online order through my website, so I completely freaked out thinking I was going to get in trouble - not that I should be held responsible for what others do!!!

I have a real issue with this - of course, I don't want people buying PC to sell on eBay, but if they bought something and don't use it, it's none of our business what they do with it. I put some Southern Living items on eBay a few months ago - I would have been furious if the SL consultant called and told me that I couldn't sell my own property on eBay.

Anyhow, I was curious if anyone else had received an email like this? Apparently, they got this customer's name and found that she had been one of my hosts almost 2 years ago, so that's why I got the email. I've done 174 shows, who knows how many past customers and hosts have put PC on eBay??!! I hope to not receive emails like this in the future!

Lori -

I'd call HO and speak to someone higher up that just a call center agent and talk to them about the policy.

If HO is policing E-bay, they should be contacting the customers themselves and making the rules and/or refusing to sell to them, not having you enforce their policies of that sort. We cannot tell (as you stated) when someone is going to sell their property on E-bay. Maybe PC should consider talking to E-bay themselves and making their products not available to sell on E-bay by working with E-bay not through consultants.

I would also talk to them about the fact that if she places an individual order on your website, there is nothing you can really do about it - it goes direct...

I'm thinking some of this is new territory to the company as the internet progresses and as they are trying to handle it because it is getting bigger, then may not have all the right concepts to make the policies work for everyone or handle all situations well. I think they will continue to have some growing pains and trial and error. They will need your feedback to help improve the process. I personally wouldn't sit by idly annoyed or freaked out that you're going to get in trouble but rather call and explain how this impacts you so they can hopefully improve...

Loriann said:
JThe email stated that if I continue to sell to this person, and she continues to sell on eBay then my status could be negatively impacted.

This sounds really weird....

rebeccastt said:
Loriann said:
JThe email stated that if I continue to sell to this person, and she continues to sell on eBay then my status could be negatively impacted.

This sounds really weird....
I agree. I would definately call HO and talk to someone in Legal. There is no way that your status can be affected by what someone else does and I'd be a bit miffed if I got an email like that.

I already did email with Richard about this issue, and my director and her upline have addressed it too. He agreed that I couldn't be held responsible for what a customer does, but they are trying to rid eBay of PC products. I was and still am I bit miffed off about that email! I was just curious if anyone else had received a similar email.

<Thinking to myself> How can they rid eBay of PC products?

JanetUpNorth,
The email didn't come from a call center agent - it came from Richard Laiche.

Rebecca,
I don't know how they can rid eBay of PC products either. I've seen PC products at thrift stores and garage sales also. Should they not be sold there too??

Exactly! How can they expect (if they are really expecting) to rid eBay of PC. People (except those who sign contracts) are entitled to sell whatever they want wherever they want.

That would be one heck of a lot policing eBay..... it seems to me that it keeps getting crazier.

WOW, sorta sounds like the lifetime guaranty is being taken to a higher level...when you buy it, you own it for LIFE!!!! LMAO :)

Seriously though, there is no way that our products can be banned from being resold! And, you can't control what your customers do....however, if that person told HO that you were aware of it and condoned this activity....then you need to have a little chit-chat with them too!

What a pain, good luck! Oh, and keep us posted.

Last edited:
Sounds like someone is taking the "rules" a step too far!:eek:

Susie Lite told me that, with the exceptions of using the internet or selling for more than retail, we can do whatever we want with anything we purchase. It is our property. If we want to put products we don't want/need in a yard sale, sell to each other or friends or give it away we can do that (just no internet or gouging prices).

As has been said here, we cannot control what someone does with their property once they purchase it. It's not your fault that she chose to do ebay with her stuff.

I think they were sending you a message that if you are providing her with the products to fill her ebay store you better stop. That's how a lot of people are breaking the "rule" - they have someone else do their selling. They were trying to put fear in you and are fishing to see if you are one of the guilty ones. IMHO

Beth,
I agree...I think they were fishing to see if I was one of the consultants breaking the rules, which I'm not, and sending a message. Although, I don't care for the "Guilty before being proved innocent" tone of the email.

Linda - they told me that they did not contact the person selling on eBay, and that I didn't need to contact her and say anything about this to her. If she tries to buy from me again I will ask her what her intentions are - however, she could lie to me! To be safe, I'll probably just not do business with her.

BethCooks4U said:
I think they were sending you a message that if you are providing her with the products to fill her ebay store you better stop. That's how a lot of people are breaking the "rule" - they have someone else do their selling. They were trying to put fear in you and are fishing to see if you are one of the guilty ones. IMHO

that was my thought when I read the message. And it is a shame that are consultants who would do that, but the reality is that it is happening.

So here is a question of mine.... Can we as consultants put an ad up on craigslist for a party swap??? I was going through craigslist and found someone looking for a party lite and pampered chef consultants.... so I am curious is this allowed???

I don't think we're supposed to do that, but if you were to respond to an ad like that, it's a completely different matter.

When in doubt, check with HO. :)

I responed to it.. to find out what it was all about....... But I was just wondering if that was considered advertising or not..... on some level...

Loriann said:
..........Linda - they told me that they did not contact the person selling on eBay, and that I didn't need to contact her and say anything about this to her. If she tries to buy from me again I will ask her what her intentions are - however, she could lie to me! To be safe, I'll probably just not do business with her.
WHAT????? So if they didn't contact her first to find out why she is selling so much PC stuff.....why on earth would they threaten you about something you had no part in or knowledge of? That makes absolutely no sense to me. I'd be totally PO'd on that one.

I follow the rules too but I agree with some of the others that it seems a little extreme that we can't even put in a personal profile that we are a Pampered Chef consultant. I am proud of being a consultant but I am limited on how I can even mention it.

I am proud of being a consultant as well... it's just hard... it's like we have a GOVT position or something.. I understand that they don't' want us to use the trade mark part of the name.. however how in the world are we supposed to make our business grow???

<h2>1. Am I wrong for reporting a new consultant advertising on craigslist?</h2><p>No, you are not wrong. As a Pampered Chef consultant, it is your responsibility to follow the company's policies and procedures. Advertising on craigslist is against the company's internet policy as it can potentially harm your business and the reputation of Pampered Chef.</p><h2>2. Can a consultant advertise on craigslist as long as they are not offering products, only services?</h2><p>No, consultants are not allowed to advertise on any third-party websites, including craigslist, regardless of whether they are offering products or services. This is clearly stated in the company's internet policy, which all consultants are required to follow.</p><h2>3. The consultant's director and upline said it was fine, is that true?</h2><p>No, the director and upline may not be aware of the company's internet policy or may have misunderstood it. It is always best to refer to the official company policies and procedures rather than relying on personal opinions or interpretations.</p><h2>4. Can I advertise on craigslist if another consultant is doing it?</h2><p>No, you should not advertise on craigslist or any other third-party websites, even if other consultants are doing it. It is important to follow the company's policies and procedures to maintain a fair and ethical business environment for all consultants.</p><h2>5. If a consultant is not following the internet policy, who should I report it to?</h2><p>You can report any violations of the internet policy to your upline or mentor, or directly to the Pampered Chef compliance department. You can find the contact information for the compliance department on the company's website or through your consultant back office.</p>

Related to Where Do We Report Violations of the Internet Policy?

1. Am I wrong for reporting a new consultant advertising on craigslist?

No, you are not wrong. As a Pampered Chef consultant, it is your responsibility to follow the company's policies and procedures. Advertising on craigslist is against the company's internet policy as it can potentially harm your business and the reputation of Pampered Chef.

2. Can a consultant advertise on craigslist as long as they are not offering products, only services?

No, consultants are not allowed to advertise on any third-party websites, including craigslist, regardless of whether they are offering products or services. This is clearly stated in the company's internet policy, which all consultants are required to follow.

3. The consultant's director and upline said it was fine, is that true?

No, the director and upline may not be aware of the company's internet policy or may have misunderstood it. It is always best to refer to the official company policies and procedures rather than relying on personal opinions or interpretations.

4. Can I advertise on craigslist if another consultant is doing it?

No, you should not advertise on craigslist or any other third-party websites, even if other consultants are doing it. It is important to follow the company's policies and procedures to maintain a fair and ethical business environment for all consultants.

5. If a consultant is not following the internet policy, who should I report it to?

You can report any violations of the internet policy to your upline or mentor, or directly to the Pampered Chef compliance department. You can find the contact information for the compliance department on the company's website or through your consultant back office.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
pchefjaime
  • The_Kitchen_Guy
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
The_Kitchen_Guy
  • lizdpamperedchef
  • General Chat
Replies