• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Where Did You Meet Your Significant Other?

In summary, the author met her now husband at a cooking show. They have been married for 3 years and are expecting their second child.
Met my DH online via yahoo personals..been married almost 3 years now!

At a work party. He was with a friend who had a crush on a co-worker. I fell on him when someone told me to do a twirl. Ahhh...love at first sight!

I met my husband when he coached my 9 year old son in travelling hockey. He knew my father and son for months before he met me. I was a full time student and went to a hockey tournament and we took one look at each other and that was it. Now my son is 21; in the Armed Forces for Canada and my husband and I are home with 3 cats and could not be happier.
Cathy

I met my DH when I was in the Air Force...it's a long and fun story, which I will tell you later. It is so hard to type on this tiny laptop keyboard.

:)

janetupnorth said:
Janice - I know your kids are getting older but you really DO NOT look that old!!!! Especially to be married almost 30 years!

Thank you , Janet! That picture on my Avitar was actually taken 2 years ago at DH's 25th class reunion...so I do look 2 years older NOW!!

jwpamp said:
Thank you , Janet! That picture on my Avitar was actually taken 2 years ago at DH's 25th class reunion...so I do look 2 years older NOW!!

Yeah right, I doubt it...you don't look a day over 30! ;)

My DH was my high school sweetheart. We were both in band and he would protect me from another guy who was always picking on me. We've been married 35 years, have three children and 7 grandchildren. He is my best friend and we are still very much in love. I can't imagine my life without him. He's really a great guy and we have lots of fun together.

Jo Anne

We met at church, 26 years ago, will celebrate our 25th this August. He proposed to me in the middle of an intersection...we were riding our bikes and he got down on his knees, took off his bicycle helmet and knelt down in the middle of the road (it was NOT a really busy road, thank goodness). it was totally cute. I love him more then than I did now.

I met my husband at Chuck E Cheese. We were both working there in our teenage years.

We were both working at a local resturant/pizza place here in town. We went to rival high schools. It was fun! I was 15 he was 18. Now fast forward... we've been together 8 yrs, married 5 1/2 yrs, and just welcomed our third child! It's kind of crazy!

Jean DeVries said:
OK, so I'm 30-something (let's just call it the sunsetting years of my 3rd decade), and am woefully single. So single that I've never had a long term relationship. I joke that when I was little my dad sprayed me with boy repellant so I wouldn't date until I was 18, and I can't get the da**ed stuff off....

Pretty much up until about 2 months ago I was fine with this. It didn't really bother me. But, I've moved into a house, in a happy little neighborhood full of happy couples and their happy children. And now I find myself looking at couples everywhere I go wondering what those women have that I don't. And whether I'll ever not be some lonely freak of nature....sometimes I find it hard to believe this is my life.

So, anyway.....with that sad segue out of the way, where did all y'all meet your significant others? I don't even know where to begin to start looking.....(they're not under the couch...I looked there....)

(If you all tell me the bar or church, I'm screwed since I don't really hang out at any of those places...)
He will be there when you are least expecting him...I pray that God leads you in the right direction and to an amazing man who will put you on a pedestal and love you selflessly!

BTW...I think bars are the WORST places to look for guys! Who wants a beer guzzling partying womanizer? Now church, on the other hand....;)

DH and I met at work. Pretty simple! He was a sense of calm in a sea of craziness! (We both worked as manager's at Wendy's...one of my memories is a time when it was SUPER BUSY and we were shorthanded. I was about ready to loose it, and he looked over at me and said: "Hey Kelly...how do you eat an elephant?!!? I was like, "huh? I don't know!" (thinking to myself what an assanine question at a time like this...) and he smiles at me, says "one bite at a time" and winks. He is still such a rock to me in my times of craziness.)

I posted this on another one of Jean's threads but I thought I'd post it here too...

Until Then - Author Unknown

"I love you my child, and until you discover that only in Me is your satisfaction to be found, you will not be capable of the perfect human relationship that I have planned for you. You will never be united with another until you are united with Me—exclusive of anyone or anything else, exclusive of any other desires or longings. I want you to stop planning, stop wishing, and allow Me to bring it to you. You just keep watching Me expecting the greatest things. Keep learning and listening to the things I tell you. You must wait.

Don’t be anxious and don’t worry. Don’t look around at the things you think you want. Just keep looking off and away up to Me, or you’ll miss what I have to show you.

And then, when you are ready, I’ll surprise you with a love far more wonderful than any you would ever dream. You see, until you are ready, and until the one I have for you is ready, I am working this minute to have both of you ready at the same time. And until you are both satisfied exclusively with Me and the life I’ve prepared for you, you won’t be able to experience the love that exemplifies your relationship with Me, and this is Perfect Love.

And dear one, I want you to have this most wonderful love. I want you to see in the flesh a picture of your relationship with Me, and enjoy materially and concretely the everlasting union of beauty, perfection, and love that I offer you with Myself. Know I love you. I am God Almighty, believe and be satisfied… "

"Met" mine three times...
chefmeg said:
I met mine in a bar in Tallahassee FL! I went there for 25 cent ladies drink night and with NOOOOO intention of meeting men! My gorgeous friend was with me and my DH's friend was hitting on her when I was in the bathroom...I came back and my DH had taken my seat! We talked for 4 hours and then when he left, I kissed him! Don't ask why...I just thought, "I had better let him remember me!". He remembered my phone number and the rest is history! We will be married 14 years next month and have 2 great kids!
Who says you can't meet a great guy in a bar???!!!

DH and I went to high school together...I transferred in after freshman year in another state, he transferred in after freshman year in another city. We met only once, when a mutual friend introduced us in the hallway, but I was a bookworm and VERY late for my science class so all I said was "hi" and then took off running. Literally. We graduated together (but not) in 1996, and to be honest that one chance meeting in a school hallway never even registered with me.

Freshman year of college I was home for Christmas break, and I took a holiday seasonal job with Honeybaked Ham. I was stationed as the greeter, holding the door open for customers. He worked at the sign shop just down the way and came in for a sandwich, but as greeter I had to be the one to tell him that we weren't serving sandwiches because of the holiday rush. I was wearing a Santa Claus hat. Thought he was cute but had been told by management that flirting with customers could result in termination, so couldn't do anything to fix that. :) Never even recognized him, and figured I'd never see him again.

Fast forward another 18 months to the summer between my sophomore and junior years at college...home for summer break and had just spent six weeks living with my grandmother in Canada. The night I returned home my mom convinced me I needed to get out of the house, so I called a friend to see if she wanted to go line dancing at the local country dance bar. Off we went, with no intention of anything more than just dancing. Once line dancing ended and couples started pairing off, I just wanted someone to dance with, so I walked right up to a guy who was sitting by himself and asked him to dance. He said no! I tried flirting, asking if he wanted a lesson. He said no. I asked if he was sure, he said yes, he was sure. Shot down three times! Found a friend of my brother's that was like another brother to me and made him dance with me so I wouldn't look desperate, and by the end of the song the other guy approached me again and asked if dance lessons were available. Here's the funny part...he remembered me from high school, because he knew I had been friends with some of his friends. Even knew my name. So embarrassing, since I couldn't remember him at all. We were engaged four months later and married two years from the day we met at the club that night, which will make eight years of marriage and ten years since we met (the third time!) in July.

I'm a firm believer that the right person for you is out there somewhere, but sometimes it takes time...if DH and I had really gotten to know each other in high school, we would have been best friends and nothing else. My freshman year of college, I was SO not interested in being tied down to anyone, so that wouldn't have worked either. I guess God knew that we both needed time before he finally slammed us back together! :) Keep your eyes open...you never know where he might be for you...mine was in a bar, but that was probably the last place I would have expected to find mine!

I met DH when I was 15. We went to HS together. He was a friend of my older sisters Best friend. One day they were all hangin out together. My sister felt bad leaving me home alone (parents were on vacation) all bored, so she invited me along to the mall. There he was. My future hubby. We clicked instantly. It was like we knew each other forever. Didn't start dating until 3 months later. He knew another person was interested in me and I guess got jealous:) Asked me out and here we are. HS sweethearts. Been together over 10 years and married 4 on the 15th of May. 2 beautiful babies later and I am super happy.

Sorry, I can't give advice on where to meet someone though. I don't suggest visiting a local HS to pick boys up:)

<h2>1. Where did you meet your significant other?</h2><p>This is a question that many people ask when they find out you are in a relationship. For me, I actually met my significant other at work. We both work for Pampered Chef and were introduced through a mutual friend. It's funny how love can bloom in unexpected places!</p><h2>2. Did you meet online?</h2><p>In this digital age, it's becoming more and more common for people to meet their significant others online. However, in my case, we met in person through a mutual friend. But I do know many couples who have successfully found love through online dating sites and apps.</p><h2>3. Did you meet through a mutual friend?</h2><p>As mentioned before, my significant other and I were introduced through a mutual friend at work. This is a common way for people to meet, as friends are often eager to set up their single friends with potential love interests. Don't be afraid to ask your friends to introduce you to someone they think you might hit it off with!</p><h2>4. Where is the best place to meet someone?</h2><p>There is no one "best" place to meet someone. It really depends on your interests and lifestyle. Some people have had luck meeting their significant others at bars, through hobbies or activities, at church, or even through mutual friends like I did. The key is to put yourself out there and be open to new experiences and opportunities. Love can happen when you least expect it.</p><h2>5. What advice do you have for someone who is single and looking for love?</h2><p>My advice would be to focus on yourself and your own happiness first. When you are truly content with your own life, you radiate a positive energy that can be attractive to potential partners. Also, don't be afraid to try new things and put yourself out there. You never know who you might meet or where you might find love. And remember, being single is not a bad thing. Enjoy this time to discover yourself and what you truly want in a partner.</p>

1. Where did you meet your significant other?

This is a question that many people ask when they find out you are in a relationship. For me, I actually met my significant other at work. We both work for Pampered Chef and were introduced through a mutual friend. It's funny how love can bloom in unexpected places!

2. Did you meet online?

In this digital age, it's becoming more and more common for people to meet their significant others online. However, in my case, we met in person through a mutual friend. But I do know many couples who have successfully found love through online dating sites and apps.

3. Did you meet through a mutual friend?

As mentioned before, my significant other and I were introduced through a mutual friend at work. This is a common way for people to meet, as friends are often eager to set up their single friends with potential love interests. Don't be afraid to ask your friends to introduce you to someone they think you might hit it off with!

4. Where is the best place to meet someone?

There is no one "best" place to meet someone. It really depends on your interests and lifestyle. Some people have had luck meeting their significant others at bars, through hobbies or activities, at church, or even through mutual friends like I did. The key is to put yourself out there and be open to new experiences and opportunities. Love can happen when you least expect it.

5. What advice do you have for someone who is single and looking for love?

My advice would be to focus on yourself and your own happiness first. When you are truly content with your own life, you radiate a positive energy that can be attractive to potential partners. Also, don't be afraid to try new things and put yourself out there. You never know who you might meet or where you might find love. And remember, being single is not a bad thing. Enjoy this time to discover yourself and what you truly want in a partner.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• esavvymom
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
esavvymom
Replies
Views
esavvymom
  • raebates
  • General Chat
Replies