• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Did My Director Steal My Client?

In summary, the conversation is about the speaker's recent cluster meeting where she encountered her client and her husband, who happened to be recruited by the speaker's director. The speaker is upset and feels betrayed by her director's actions, especially since she was working on advancing to director herself. The speaker also expresses frustration with the competitive and sometimes cutthroat nature of the Pampered Chef business. The conversation ends with advice to handle the situation with integrity and to seek support from HO or a higher upline director if necessary.
kisrae
Gold Member
I just got home from out cluster meeting. I'm a little upset but when the following happen I couldn't even keep my head up and really wanted to stab my director in the back like she had me.

Here we go:
My director recruits like crazy and is pushing me to advance to director I'm working on it and have a good comfortable pace going. I have a client who lives just north of me in a small town who has been on my call list for this week. WELL guess who is in the meeting when I arrive? Yes, my client and her husband. :cry: :cry: I find out that her husband has just signed up and was my directors newest recruit. I hadn't put two + two together when I got forever bragging Congrats email that my director recruited again.:yuck:

My client tells me that " I tried to call you but your phone was busy or not working,(Yes sometimes it comes disconnected)so I called PC." When she said that I new that she was a HO lead that went to my "D". I said "Oh, I would of made director if you signed and quilfied with me. I know that my client said something because her DH said something about quitting and starting again. Something to that affect.I was kind of listening becauseI was ready to jump over the table and chock my "D". :grumpy:
:angel: I just put on a happy face and said "you don't want to do that you'll lose all your career points":angel:

The meeting went on and Pamperedalf did a great job helping us set goals and making them attainable. Way to go Amanda!

SO my goal is to have my own meeting and to do that I WILL advance and Tell my greedy, can't tell the truth, it's all about me director to kiss my.....
You know what.

Thanks for letting me vent. Love you all
Ida:love:

:eek: WOW! Sorry to hear about that! (((((HUGS)))))

I am so sorry that happen.... that is rather rude!!! ((((HUGS))))

I hope Pampered Chef is not a whole lot of women stabbing each other in the back just to make a quick buck. remember, when you die its all gone.

I am sorry that happened to you. Your director should have asked if they had spoken to anyone about PC before, but from your post I get the feeling she knew you were talking to them. But, I could be misunderstanding.

Just remember, what goes around comes around. When you treat people that way eventually it comes back to bite you in the "you know what".

Keep your head up and keep working your business.

I can't believe your director didn't ask that up front. That's like, um PC 101. I am so sorry she did that to you.....

It happens - just be sure YOU have integrity and the good diplomacy to steer an "easy mark" toward the right person when the shoe is on the other foot.I tried to join with a particular consultant when I began, who didn't return my calls or emails. After a couple month's trying, I became a home office lead, was steered toward a fantastic caring and creative director.Hang in there - your time will come; 3-2-1, baby!! God Bless!-praying for Paige and her family-

You should talk to your D about it. It will atleast help you clear your feelings even if she doesn't care enough to listen. If you are not comfortable having a conversation with her, atleast email her and tell her your disgust. If you don't share this, she might do it again to you or someone else! You have to set a good example to your recruits and proper etiquate and commmon courtesy! (sp?)

Oh man, I'm sorry that happened! I can only imagine how you must have felt seeing them there. Hang in there; your time's coming!

Ida - Have you been talking to them at all about signing with PC?

One of the questions your director SHOULD have asked from an HO lead is if they were talking to anyone else. If so and it was recent she should have been hands off.

If this WAS the case, they I would consider a call to HO or your upline director above your director.

If a new person talks to more than one person on their own then CHOOSES someone that is fine, but if we find out they are talking to someone then go forward and push them, that is wrong and HO really doesn't like that at all!

If that is the case, this recruit is in debate and HO will step in if they have to and deal wtih it. Call your upline and HO and see what you can do...

28sal said:
I hope Pampered Chef is not a whole lot of women stabbing each other in the back just to make a quick buck. remember, when you die its all gone.

No, it REALLY isn't. It is like anything else in life. One bad thing happens in 1000 good things and that is what stands out.

Think of how fast a bad rumor spreads, and how slow a good one spreads!

PC is a great company full of great people. If you go to National Conference you can really see it.

ETA: I waited 13 years before signing with PC and believe me, I watched it a lot for YEARS. I wouldn't have signed if it wasn't a great company founded on great values. There is always a bad apple like you occasionally get bad employees in a company.

Well that totally stinks. I am so sorry.

Oh I'm so sorry this happend to you. I had something similar happen to me with a show though, not a recruit.

this is illegal you need to report it to HO today---
a bad name is not what we need----hugs to you and PLEASE report it----

You know... if they have JUST signed, and they really did intend to sign with you...

There is one loophole where HO can change someone's director when they first sign, before they submit ANY sales.... BUT... the new recruit has to agree, and you, and HO, AND your director. If you're going to try to do anything about it, you will really need to talk to your director first about this issue, and then you can call HO (your sales manager) and tell them what has happened. Your director must agree that it was a mistake and that the new recruit should have signed with you. If you are close to promoting, she may agree with you, especially because she SHOULD have asked if they were working with anyone.

I had a similar thing happen recently, but since I don't know for sure who reads this board, I can't really go into details. =) I chose not to do anything about it, since I am already a director and it didn't really affect anything for me, except the number of people in my cluster. But you are in a different situation than I. Just know that there IS a loophole.

Hope that helps.

=) Jen

HO will change recruiters if all 3 parties request it.

I guess the biggest lesson here is to be sure we keep up with our leads no matter what! If we don't, someone else will.

I'm sorry this happened. It doesn't sound like a good situation. I'm not clear on all the specifics, though.
Did your director know that they had been working with you? Did she ask them if they were working with someone? Did they say something like, "well, we'd like to get signed up and we can't get ahold of Ida." Did you have a relationship with them or just a one time chat? Is it even possible that your director is innocent?
Please, don't be offended, but I'm pretty impatient, and if I couldn't get ahold of someone and they seemed unreachable, I wouldn't want to sign up with that person. I don't know you at all, so I'm not slamming you in any way. I'm just saying that when I'm ready, I'm ready, now. I don't want to deal with someone's phone being disconnected. I looked into PC a couple years ago before I re-signed this past year. My consultant never returned e-mails or phone calls as quickly as I would have liked. She didn't send me a recruiting packet the first time I asked. I called home office because she was too slow. I didn't end up signing until 2 years later, but I wasn't going to sign with her. I'm not saying you're like that, but the phone thing would have bothered me, even if you can't help it.
Once you have taken your deep breaths and are ready to ask for information w/o being upset, then talk to both sides w/o stabbing your director in the back or front. She may be manipulative, and the couple may have not understood what they were doing. But, the couple may have wanted to get signed up with your director. Just try to look at all three sides of the situation before calling HO.
I hope this all works out for you.

Disclaimer: I am not about to address any specific person or upline. This is one of those cases that brings out a real weakness, IMHO, in the DS arena. We have no recourse, after the option Jen described in post #15. No recourse. None. If we have a problem with our director, we can't fire them and go someplace else, we're stuck with them.In the real world, if someone in my company does something to screw me over, I have some options. I can complain and look for resolution. If there is no way to resolve the issue, I can quit and go elsewhere. A few years ago, I was able to threaten to quit a company, and got the attention of an upper level manager who tried to resolve the situation. He did the best he could and I did stay around. The bad news is that the damage was already done - the trust I had toward that employee, and the company, was forever tainted and I did wind up leaving about a year later. That company folded up not long after I left.Here, we have no leverage at all. If we get screwed, we get screwed. Along with screwing, we get platitudes that we have to pay better attention. I would hope we would all have some scruples and watch each others' backs, but apparently, not everyone feels that way.OTOH, if I've been working on a recruit who wound up signing with someone else, I'm not sure I'd want someone like that on my team, anyway. Here's the real problem, though - think how uncomfortable it's going to be for you to see that recruit at cluster gatherings and conferences. It's probably going to be terribly uncomfortable for that recruit to see you at all of those events, too. Unfortunately, there's little you can do but swallow hard and move on.Now I'm going to just hunker down and wait for the brickbats to start flying in.

Been there done that. I agree with KG - not much you can do but move on. There are plenty of people out there looking for the opportunity to join your team. If you focus on this particular situation that you can't control now, you're not focusing on the people standing in front of you waiting for you to ask. :)
Btw, when it happened to me, I was told there are no "loopholes" and what was done was done. Answers from the HO really depends on who you ask, and when. Sorry this happened to you!

I agree with the people who said you don't know the circumstances. I only knew 1 PC consultant before I signed and had asked for information from. But, I knew that I couldn't work with her because of her business attitude, etc. I wasn't for sure what to do because I really wanted to become a consultant. I talked about it with my sister who gave me the number of a consultant who's party she just went to. We spent the day emailing each other and she called me that night. She made the company sound so wonderful I signed that night. Where as the other consultant never talked to me about anything after I asked for initial information. I even told my recruiter about the situation and she left it up to me what I wanted to do.

I'm not saying that this is what happened to you but if you don't know the whole story, you don't have anybody to blame right now except for yourself (you even said you knew your phone can come unconnected). If you want to try to find out the story, carry your head high and don't let your feelings get hurt. It was the choice to make by the new consultant.

By the way, I figured I had some time before I ran into this consultant (my recruiter made sure she wasn't in any of the groups she knew before she would sign me, unlike your situation). My 2nd week I went to a local consultant's training show and she showed up :eek: Her reaction was that she guessed she should have followed up with me better!

You win some, you loose some, hopefully it's a lesson you will carry on into your future business ethics.

Thanks for all the support.

Let me tell you all this is what I love about this wonderful group. I take the bad and good and work with it.

Let me claify...I hadn't been working on recruiting my client. My clients DH signed up not her. But, I had talked to her about signing her daughter who lives in the same town because she said her DD needed an extra income.

We both go to the same gym and to be honest I think she went online to get to my website and got my directors.

I feel bad for my client because I could tell she felt uncomfortable. She is a great person and her DH seems to be ready to go out and get started.
I will call her and let her know that everything is okay and that if they need help to give me a call...I know that my "D" will not give them any help. She pushes to qualify them and then drops them. She's all about the points.

I think I'm upset with my "D" because she has offered $100 to the next person to advance to director and to be honest I'm not after the $100.
But becoming a director is a goal for me and she knows that. I feel it's her job to support me in that. Not steal and lie to me.

After talking to my, well i guess my ex-client I may bring it up to my "D" but to be honest I already know what will be said."Well thats the bonus of becoming a director, you get those leads, that's why you need to recruit"

If after talking to my ex-client I may report my "D" just to make me feel better. I'm not a person to let things bother me for long, I just get sad that there are people out there who are very ugle on the inside.

I will pull up my britches and steam roll a head.

Some of the people who are on my recruiting list have had eather a run in with my "D" or have heard of her and I'm afraid that is what is keeping some of them back from joining my team.

Sorry this is so long. Thank you again for your support.

Thanks you all.

The_Kitchen_Guy said:
Disclaimer: I am not about to address any specific person or upline.

This is one of those cases that brings out a real weakness, IMHO, in the DS arena. We have no recourse, after the option Jen described in post #15. No recourse. None. If we have a problem with our director, we can't fire them and go someplace else, we're stuck with them.

In the real world, if someone in my company does something to screw me over, I have some options. I can complain and look for resolution. If there is no way to resolve the issue, I can quit and go elsewhere.

A few years ago, I was able to threaten to quit a company, and got the attention of an upper level manager who tried to resolve the situation. He did the best he could and I did stay around. The bad news is that the damage was already done - the trust I had toward that employee, and the company, was forever tainted and I did wind up leaving about a year later. That company folded up not long after I left.

Here, we have no leverage at all. If we get screwed, we get screwed. Along with screwing, we get platitudes that we have to pay better attention. I would hope we would all have some scruples and watch each others' backs, but apparently, not everyone feels that way.

OTOH, if I've been working on a recruit who wound up signing with someone else, I'm not sure I'd want someone like that on my team, anyway.

Here's the real problem, though - think how uncomfortable it's going to be for you to see that recruit at cluster gatherings and conferences. It's probably going to be terribly uncomfortable for that recruit to see you at all of those events, too.

Unfortunately, there's little you can do but swallow hard and move on.

Well said KG!

Oh yah. My phone had a broken clip and thats how it gets disconnected.

GUESS who's going out to get a replacement? Yes Staples her I come.

kisrae said:
<snip>...I know that my "D" will not give them any help. She pushes to qualify them and then drops them. She's all about the points.<snip>
Out on a limb time again....

This is the very thing that popped into my head last Summer in one of the general sessions at conference. The push (if I were politically correct, I would say "emphasis" but I think "push" is more appropriate) to recruit recruit recruit just bothers me. It smacks of Amway.

The recruiting push opens the door for someone to behave just this way - recruit and dump. If there is no penalty mechanism in place, there's nothing to stop someone from pursuing the business in this manner.

In the long run, the behavior hurts everyone.

(I also despise the arrogant attitude of, "I'm a Director and you're not," but that's another whole overlapping topic.)

If it is addressed it may NOT happen again----

any good news yet?

Just wanted to let you know, after 8 years of business, I have had a D that has acted in similiar ways. I am now contemplating going in-active for 1 year and re-signing up under another director. I have over $150K in career sales and know it will be in my best interest (in the long run) to do so.

It is just a shame that we can't do anything about our 'upline' directors that act (in my opinion) in un-ethical ways. Oh, by the way, I was signed under my D when one of her down-line that I knew was with her! I didn't know any better, as most new recruits don't really understand it, because our D don't tell us. Then we attend meetings and find out the 'truth' and it's a bad situation for everyone!

I feel for you and will keep you in my prayers that "this too will pass". Keep smiling and put your best foot forward. I am glad I did for the past 8 years! And it only made my business stronger!

sounds like she is desperate to do well at the expense of others. Too bad, because she benefits MORE from you promoting more than she benefits from signing another consultant.
Together
Everyone
Achieves
More

As a PS you can seek a hospitality director if you do not feel your director is doing a good job training.

As a consultant my director trained me to ask that tough to swallow question when working with a potential recruit" Have you been working with anyone else?"
Certainly helps because most potential consultants don't understand recruiting and the benefits.

1. How do I know if my director stole my client?

If you have a client who was on your call list and you find out that they have signed up under your director, it is possible that your director may have recruited them without your knowledge. However, it is important to communicate with your client and find out if they made the decision to sign up on their own or if your director influenced their decision.

2. What should I do if I suspect my director stole my client?

First, gather all the facts and evidence before confronting your director. Talk to your client and find out their reason for signing up with your director. If you have proof that your director actively recruited your client without your knowledge, it may be necessary to bring it up to your upline or the company's leadership team for resolution.

3. Can my director recruit my clients without my consent?

Technically, yes. As an independent consultant, your clients are free to sign up with any director they choose. However, it is considered good practice for directors to respect their team members' client lists and not actively recruit them.

4. How do I handle the situation without damaging my relationship with my director?

It is important to handle the situation professionally and calmly. Communicate openly and honestly with your director and express your concerns. Try to find a resolution together that works for both parties. Remember, maintaining a positive relationship with your director is important for the success of your business.

5. What steps can I take to avoid this situation in the future?

One way to avoid this situation is to have open communication with your team members and director. Discuss boundaries and expectations regarding client recruitment. Additionally, you can focus on building strong relationships with your clients to prevent them from being easily swayed by other directors.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• ChefCKHall
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
ChefKrisB
Replies
Views
Chef Bobby
  • ChefBeckyD
  • General Chat
Replies